18 Replies Latest reply: May 6, 2012 6:24 AM by guitarboy50 RSS

Woods could have survived (My Theory) *SPOILER?*

TheJosher1959
I was kinda disapointed that Woods died, but. I thought of how many times a character has 'died' in CoD and ended up to be alive. Soooo I played the mission again and here is what I came up with:

So I figured that I had to see before I went up the stairs to get in the room with Krefchenko and I realized the WAS a ledge that he may have been able if he dove to it.

When Woods jumps out the window he really does do a huge dive and it is possible that he could have made it to the ledge.

A problem I ran into is that Woods couldn't have stayed on the ledge because your character must have left at some point they would have seen his body and I have come up with a few ways that Woods could have been presumed dead whe he was really wasn't.

1. Woods grabbed the ledge and got out and everything was such a bloody mess that they thought Woods was part of it (after all there were 4 or 5 grenades)

2. (the most likely) Woods could be Reznov because before you can see Reznov he sounds like Woods

3. Woods grabbed and the ledge and the explosion made him fall down. When he fell down he got knocked out and he was burnt all to hell and cut up, appearing dead.

4. Krefchenko's body shielded the explosion (unlikely but ya never know)

5. #4 or #1 but your character left another way

Now you may be asking yourself "why would Woods leave and not let them know he`s alive" Well, Treyarch can figure that out 

-Regards JN
  • Re: Woods could have survived (My Theory) *SPOILER?*
    brandaman
    How can Woods be Reznov when they're both there at the same time?
    Duma18
    man.. you thought about ledge, but the simplest way would be to cut Krefchenko's throat instead of stabbing him in the stomach. Also, instead of jumping together with Krefchenko... just kick him out of the room.

Treyarch just didnt like Woods i guess.
    KissMyThang
    You guys do realize that Reznov was never there? Reznov died during the prison break at Vorkuta, but some time during Vorkuta when Mason was being programed to decipher the numbers Reznov sabotaged it so that he would always "be" with Mason, except only in his mind. So technically Woods can't be Reznov since he really never was "there," he was just part of Mason's imagination. Also, Woods is most likely dead as during the cut scene the interrogator (Hudson) was telling Mason that his whole SOG team was killed so I'm pretty sure they would of made sure he was dead.
    TheJosher1959

Duma18 wrote:

man.. you thought about ledge, but the simplest way would be to cut Krefchenko's throat instead of stabbing him in the stomach. Also, instead of jumping together with Krefchenko... just kick him out of the room.

Treyarch just didnt like Woods i guess.

Mason was brainwashed so that very well could of happened
    TheJosher1959

Brandaman wrote:

How can Woods be Reznov when they're both there at the same time?

If you played that level you'ld know that after Woods 'dies' a black figure say "Are you ok" and it sounds like Woods, but it turns out that it's Reznov, but Reznov was never really there.
    TheJosher1959

KissMyThang wrote:

You guys do realize that Reznov was never there? Reznov died during the prison break at Vorkuta, but some time during Vorkuta when Mason was being programed to decipher the numbers Reznov sabotaged it so that he would always "be" with Mason, except only in his mind. So technically Woods can't be Reznov since he really never was "there," he was just part of Mason's imagination. Also, Woods is most likely dead as during the cut scene the interrogator (Hudson) was telling Mason that his whole SOG team was killed so I'm pretty sure they would of made sure he was dead.

Yes but Woods could have lead people to believe he's dead. Treyarch can figure out why.

KissMyThang wrote:

Remember the rat tunnels and Swift? He could have thought someone was someone else.
    ai22sbro724
    Woods did survive
    in the computer type in "dir"
    and then there in a note (.txt)
    idk which exactly but it mentions tht woods is still alive
    have you seen karen?
    What about if Woods just died and that's f***ing it? Reznov died at Vorkuta 5 years earlier anyways.
    TheJosher1959

have you seen karen? wrote:

What about if Woods just died and that's f***ing it? Reznov died at Vorkuta 5 years earlier anyways.

You seem like you didn't understand the story?
    TheJosher1959
    Did people just stop caring
    -pictureframe-
    We may not like it, but Woods was killed. I'm sorry, but making ridiculous theories as to how he may have survived is useless. Reznov is dead, Bowman is dead, Dimitri is dead, Steiner is dead, Kravchenko is dead, Dragovich is dead, and Kennedy is dead.

Ironically, Castro and the Zombies are still alive.

-PictureFrame- wrote:

We may not like it, but Woods was killed. I'm sorry, but making ridiculous theories as to how he may have survived is useless. Reznov is dead, Bowman is dead, Dimitri is dead, Steiner is dead, Kravchenko is dead, Dragovich is dead, and Kennedy is dead.

Nuh uh! I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT! YOU CANT MAKE ME!
    Woods: Ledge
    Reznov: He didn't die he, um... Pulled a Solid snake? Fake body ftw!
    Bowman: Fake knife!
    Dimitri: He was choking on  a carrot... and had a seizure... at the same time... and had a warts outbreak.
    Steiner: He was high. Can we believe Mason? Hm?
    Kravchenko: Um, ledge X2
    Dragovich: Forgot how he "died", but sure he survived
    Kennedy: IT WASN'T HIM! IT WAS A DOUBLE!

See? Perfectly logical.
    They all pulled Cpt. Prices.
    dman695
    1. at the main menu, tap RT and LT (or R2 and L2 for PS) a couple of times, you should get out of your chair.
    2. walk behind your chair and acces the computer terminal
    3. type: cat notex2.txt
    there you go, there`s your proof

It will say that woods is still alive and the only american at the Hilton Hanoi
    LohnShooter
    You're title still seems like a spoiler. 
    have you seen karen?

TheJosher1959 wrote:

have you seen karen? wrote:

You seem like you didn't understand the story?

No when he says Reznov will have revenge then shoots Woods he's dead let it go.
    paidbythekill
    Your title = contradiction.

Change it now.

Thats like me telling someone something about a movie and saying

"The main character dies at the end. I won't spoil it for you."

IT'S ALREADY SPOILED.
      guitarboy50

Woods is dead or else mason probably would have went rogue because they lied to him and two it's probably just masons son.

-PictureFrame- wrote:

Nuh uh! I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT! YOU CANT MAKE ME!

Woods: Ledge

Reznov: He didn't die he, um... Pulled a Solid snake? Fake body ftw!

Bowman: Fake knife!

Dimitri: He was choking on  a carrot... and had a seizure... at the same time... and had a warts outbreak.

Steiner: He was high. Can we believe Mason? Hm?

Kravchenko: Um, ledge X2

Dragovich: Forgot how he "died", but sure he survived

Kennedy: IT WASN'T HIM! IT WAS A DOUBLE!

See? Perfectly logical.

They all pulled Cpt. Prices.