13 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2012 5:31 PM by TheNickster99 RSS

Hacking/Glitching/Cheating (multiplayer)

AtomicTom
This is probably a pointless rant but i am seriously pi**ed off.  I am on the PS3 and there are so many cheaters on it! WTF??!! This totally kills the fun of the game! When is there going to be a patch? Do the producers/developers even know about or care about this??

There are people with infinite health, auto headshot aims, can see opponents through walls, have got overspeed characters, auto knifing kills, lagging other players, static uav/spyplane and im sure more that i havent noticed.

I am a serious gamer, i have a full time job but still play online as much as possible, but the last 2 days the cheating has become unbearable.

This does need sorted and quick!  Why cant you ban these cheating ba*tard*? or reset their accounts, stats exp and cod points? Sue the companies selling these hacks?

Do the people above even care? seriously or is it all just about revenue from people buying the game?

I would be delighted to hear from an authorative figure on this problem, but i wont hold my breath.

Fans/players pls bump/support this as its utter bull*hit.  Cheating is cheating.

Seriously up for the cheaters to be banned/reset.

AtomicTom PS3
  • Re: Hacking/Glitching/Cheating (multiplayer)
    Eh. Not sure i experienced all that but the aim assist might as well be an aim bot, it picks up guys on the other side of the wall like nothing i've seen before. Oh and i love when guys without the right perks catch up to me and knife me when i run marathon/lightweight or sometimes the exact same class.
  • Re: Hacking/Glitching/Cheating (multiplayer)
    pr0d1gyONps3
    Cheating in online multiplayer used to include a very small minority of players when online was pretty new, but today it is almost the norm.  The term "If you aren't cheating then you aren't trying" seems to have truly taken hold with players everywhere and, by my estimation, at least 1 in 10 to 20 players is using some form of cheat on Black Ops.  Be it a lag switch, running some code, or just glitching the game for a competitive advantage, there seems to be absolutely no shortage of garbage tactics being used by the morally corrupt people in this community.  The sad thing is they do it with the hopes of making a name for themselves and maybe to get into the professional side of the gaming arena; but the simple truth is none of these things actually happens.  I was ranked in the top 20 in CoD4 and was well regarded by most of the best CoD4 players in the world, yet I never got offered any kind of gain from it.  Being great at a video game, even the big money ones, will get you nowhere in life folks.  It just won't.  If you don't live in California or Texas then it is very difficult to afford being a "professional gamer", and it is nearly impossible to be a tester as most of the companies are located in those states. 

    I'm going to pass along a tip to all the cheaters out there, if you are trying to make a name for yourself then play the game and get better.  I mean seriously play it and get better, and when you do bad just keep playing until you pull out of it.  If you cheat to grief other people or just to screw with the legit players, then do us all a favor and go talk to a girl or get a job.....because you seriously need a life.

    PS....Treyarch you need to take the poor matchmaking, hacking, terrible lag, and other major issues more seriously.  Most of us could care less if someone can prestige glitch, but many of those same people will look for multiplayer advantages afterwards and that affects the entire community.
  • Re: Hacking/Glitching/Cheating (multiplayer)
    gabby09

    AtomicTom wrote:

     

    This is probably a pointless rant but i am seriously pi**ed off.  I am on the PS3 and there are so many cheaters on it! WTF??!! This totally kills the fun of the game! When is there going to be a patch? Do the producers/developers even know about or care about this??

    There are people with infinite health, auto headshot aims, can see opponents through walls, have got overspeed characters, auto knifing kills, lagging other players, static uav/spyplane and im sure more that i havent noticed.

    I am a serious gamer, i have a full time job but still play online as much as possible, but the last 2 days the cheating has become unbearable.

    This does need sorted and quick!  Why cant you ban these cheating ba*tard*? or reset their accounts, stats exp and cod points? Sue the companies selling these hacks?

    Do the people above even care? seriously or is it all just about revenue from people buying the game?

    I would be delighted to hear from an authorative figure on this problem, but i wont hold my breath.

    Fans/players pls bump/support this as its utter bull*hit.  Cheating is cheating.

    Seriously up for the cheaters to be banned/reset.

    AtomicTom PS3



    do you have proof of all of these cheats?  did you report the players?
    • Re: Hacking/Glitching/Cheating (multiplayer)

      I report them, I record them...  I have done everything except put the recordings on you tube.   Really sucks that I pay for elete AND psn prem. services to only have these issues.  Yesterday I caught a player hacking THROUGH a wall...reported them about 100 times and NOTHING...IF PSN and MW3 ARE doing something about these hacks after I report them how about a little feedback>

  • Re: Hacking/Glitching/Cheating (multiplayer)
    DeadlyIntention
    I can understand where you coming from, this is why alot of us had to bail out of rooms and go else where to play.
    These are not all the cheats I have seen in action either.
    They are probably reading the game with specific software and then alternating the coding of the game and then reburning it to another disc then it gives them the options of turning things on and off during gameplay online.
    Samething was done with MW2, I know, I've seen the disc before and put in action!
    It's easily done more than people think if you understand the coding like alot of us do.
    I can easily do it, but never will do it again, I only done it 1 time long time ago to just prove a point it could be done then after that I destroyed the disc, and nor did I allow anyone to see how it was done either.
    So yes it exist, and gonna be hard to deal with, but we just have to see what happens.
    Only thing I can recommend at the moment, is round up your friends and family that play and set up pvt matches to play that way you don't have to deal with the outsiders.
  • Re: Hacking/Glitching/Cheating (multiplayer)
    AtomicTom
    In terms of proof if the theatre mode eventualy works  100% there will be definitive proof.

    Reporting the cheaters i did not. lol i know it sounds weird but i'd rather highlight the problem for it to be dealt with properly at the top end than snitch on a few of the cheaters that i've came across.
  • Re: Hacking/Glitching/Cheating (multiplayer)
    DeadlyIntention

    AtomicTom wrote:

     

    In terms of proof if the theatre mode eventualy works  100% there will be definitive proof.

    Reporting the cheaters i did not. lol i know it sounds weird but i'd rather highlight the problem for it to be dealt with properly at the top end than snitch on a few of the cheaters that i've came across.


    Tom, Ive run into same problem that the thearter mode or report button not work right or at all so sometimes its hard to report it.I'm with ya there dude.

  • Re: Hacking/Glitching/Cheating (multiplayer)
    AtomicTom

    DeadlyIntention wrote:

     

    AtomicTom wrote:

     

    In terms of proof if the theatre mode eventualy works  100% there will be definitive proof.

    Reporting the cheaters i did not. lol i know it sounds weird but i'd rather highlight the problem for it to be dealt with properly at the top end than snitch on a few of the cheaters that i've came across.


    Tom, Ive run into same problem that the thearter mode or report button not work right or at all so sometimes its hard to report it.I'm with ya there dude.




    cheers bud, just awaiting a patch eh?!  or an official response.... lmao
  • Re: Hacking/Glitching/Cheating (multiplayer)
    Meister69
    Yeah, it's caustic.  I'm never sure whether it's a bad killcam record, or the fact that the guy got an "X" when he was aimed twenty feet over my right shoulder proves cheating.  I know I NEVER get a hit unless I'm truly locked center mass.  Is it just me or are people who use AimBots almost always outfitted with silencers?  It kills me seeing guys with three bar connections and a 21-2 K/D...  This game is WAY worse than MW2 for connection advantage...  I haven't seen it mentioned, but after you've played these games awhile you can "feel" the difference between someone hacking and someone just plain good. 

        I've also noticed the hackers are far worse in the specific lobbies like Demolition and Capture the Flag.  Odd.  I've taken to backing out of matches with ANYONE with a colored clan tag.  Screw 'em.  They should be made to play alone.  The only exception I make is when I'm the host.  Then I wait until the score is around 6000 and turn off my PS3.  <smile>  Again, SCREW 'EM.  I realize that it's not very nice to those of you who aren't hacking, but I haven't got the douche's address and it's the only power left.  Sigh.


         I have daydreams of hiring a law firm and filing a class-action lawsuit against Activision.  Under laws in certain States, if a product remains broken after 3 attempts to fix it, it's considered a 'lemon' and the company MUST refund your entire purchase price.  Wanna see how fast they'd fix these problems if they faced THAT possibility? 

    NEVER let an obvious cheater off the hook.  Be sure to comment on his small sexual appendage, his mother's obvious use of homeless semen donors and his sister's availability to anything with four legs.  Be merciless in your berating of his weakness and lack of character.  Express your sadness that his horrible disfigurement prevents his mingling with society.  Never let them rest.

    <smile>
  • Re: Hacking/Glitching/Cheating (multiplayer)
    Co1D_Kn1ghT

    Meister69 wrote:

     

    Yeah, it's caustic.  I'm never sure whether it's a bad killcam record, or the fact that the guy got an "X" when he was aimed twenty feet over my right shoulder proves cheating.  I know I NEVER get a hit unless I'm truly locked center mass.  Is it just me or are people who use AimBots almost always outfitted with silencers?  It kills me seeing guys with three bar connections and a 21-2 K/D...  This game is WAY worse than MW2 for connection advantage...  I haven't seen it mentioned, but after you've played these games awhile you can "feel" the difference between someone hacking and someone just plain good. 

        I've also noticed the hackers are far worse in the specific lobbies like Demolition and Capture the Flag.  Odd.  I've taken to backing out of matches with ANYONE with a colored clan tag.  Screw 'em.  They should be made to play alone.  The only exception I make is when I'm the host.  Then I wait until the score is around 6000 and turn off my PS3.  <smile>  Again, SCREW 'EM.  I realize that it's not very nice to those of you who aren't hacking, but I haven't got the douche's address and it's the only power left.  Sigh.


         I have daydreams of hiring a law firm and filing a class-action lawsuit against Activision.  Under laws in certain States, if a product remains broken after 3 attempts to fix it, it's considered a 'lemon' and the company MUST refund your entire purchase price.  Wanna see how fast they'd fix these problems if they faced THAT possibility? 

    NEVER let an obvious cheater off the hook.  Be sure to comment on his small sexual appendage, his mother's obvious use of homeless semen donors and his sister's availability to anything with four legs.  Be merciless in your berating of his weakness and lack of character.  Express your sadness that his horrible disfigurement prevents his mingling with society.  Never let them rest.

    <smile>



    LOL  :P
  • Re: Hacking/Glitching/Cheating (multiplayer)
    Mits007IV
    @Meister69
    Just cry please.
    1.Learn to play
    2.It's a game (relax) there gonna be updates!
    Thanks,
    Anyways hacking exists only on private matches,if you see a hacker report,but it depends on the company if he is really a hacker then you can report,but don't forget if he is not there will be some punishment on you.
              -A.S. GameRepHost

  • Re: Hacking/Glitching/Cheating (multiplayer)
    ecwsandman13
    thats what the report feature is for and i would have to immagine they know but it isnt as simple as banning... mabey for that person but its nearly impossible to find EVERY hacker and thats why we all need to use report. As for the developers, its not as easy as hitting a big button that says "hacker be gone" it requires alot of work and im sure they are working on it and will fix it as soon as it is their biggest priority.
  • Re: Hacking/Glitching/Cheating (multiplayer)

    I play BLOPS alot on my PS3 and I almost NEVER see hackers. There was only one time I saw hackers (it was a few weeks ago). I reported them and they never returned. Some people even think I'm a hacker because I am just that beast with a Python (w/ Speed Reloader).