37 Replies Latest reply: Sep 15, 2013 12:58 AM by rlucas1996 RSS

Treyarch didn't ruin quick scoping, they ruined sniping.

JAlenX06
If I can still go around pressing LT +RT at the same time with the sniper, and finish in third, thenn there's nothing wrong with it.

But If I try and actually snipe, and finish in 6th, then there's something wrong.

And all the people that make videos are going to quick scope anyways. You didn't ruin it for the quick scopers, you ruined it for the casual players that want to try sniper rifles, realize they suck and then go back to their AK74, or their FAMAS.
  • Re: Treyarch didn't ruin quick scoping, they ruined sniping.
    Guggi
    Sniping isn't for getting high killstreaks 
    JAlenX06

Guggi wrote:

I didn't say that, did I?
    BULLY SON1
    I agree, I try and snipe but someone else with a pistol shoots me from another window. They did too many things to stop quickscoping, they should have just made it slow for zooming in with just sniper scopes or do the idle-sway thing. Not both.
    AxonHD
    For one quick scoping is not that hard. Its just different and its actually a challenge now, thats why nobody does it anymore. And i only snipe and i do just fine, so maybe you should stop complaining and go play Black Ops and practice it. You will do bad at first, like really really bad, but you will get the hang of it so good luck...
    JAlenX06

BULLY SON1 wrote:

I agree, I try and snipe but someone else with a pistol shoots me from another window. They did too many things to stop quickscoping, they should have just made it slow for zooming in with just sniper scopes or do the idle-sway thing. Not both.

The most annoying thing ever is on WMD, im in the balcony in the back of the map, I scope in, the shot is lined, but I wait for a second before I shoot, then I get hit, throwing my shot off, then I die.
    JAlenX06

AxonHD wrote:

For one quick scoping is not that hard. Its just different and its actually a challenge now, thats why nobody does it anymore. And i only snipe and i do just fine, so maybe you should stop complaining and go play Black Ops and practice it. You will do bad at first, like really really bad, but you will get the hang of it so good luck...

Reading comprehension. I specifically say that I did better quick scoping than sniping. Quick scoping for me = not looking down the sight, and halfway bringing up your sights and shooting,
    I really don't see how. If some people still QS, that's fine because ever since day 1 I think I've been QS'd once, rather than at least 10 times a game w/out fail. Now, people who still QS do so due to skill, not because it's n00by, unskillful and incredibly annoying for everyone else.

As for proper sniping, it simply takes a little feel adjustment and knowledge of when and where to snipe. I am more of an AR guy meself, but I've done perfectly well with the Dragunov. Proper sniping feels fine to me, and QSing, whether possible or not, is rare.

S'cool.
    skybluesam1
    They have not ruined quickscoping they have just simply changed it and i have got too say i think they have changed it for the betterbecause i do not get killed from the other side of the map by a sniper now.If you still want too do some quickscoping or no scoping then i suggest you go and play MW2 as you will have a field day there with all the kills you can get quickscoping and no scoping.It is like the old saying goes practice makes perfect which it actually does as you will find out if you practice in private matches and on game modes like domination and other team styled games.It also really helps to practice on free for all and large maps like grid instead of small maps like nuketown.
    pvt_monkey

JAlenX06 wrote:

If I can still go around pressing LT +RT at the same time with the sniper, and finish in third, thenn there's nothing wrong with it.

But If I try and actually snipe, and finish in 6th, then there's something wrong.

And all the people that make videos are going to quick scope anyways. You didn't ruin it for the quick scopers, you ruined it for the casual players that want to try sniper rifles, realize they suck and then go back to their AK74, or their FAMAS.

completely true man! sniping is ******... i shot someone 3 times in 7 seconds with the dragunov... still didn't kill them.. and it takes even 2 shots with the others!!! wtf?! no point in using them... i shoot everyone in the top part of the body if not the head! now headshots i get straight away thank ****... but the other shots?! and the maps aren't entirely useful for them either.. i think treyarch ****** up big time! waw was almost perfect... well, the submachine guns ****** that up ;p  and now, you got more problems.. perks ... terribly done, you don't earn attachments you just buy them, explosive blasts worse than mw2, also, who needs commando when you can knife lunge better?! :]    treyarch said they focused on mp and that they took notice of the forums?! i don't see it.. truly a terrible game, hell, i prefer mw2 and everyone i know, knows i hate that game!

treyarch... read this and then re do the whole game! i feel zombies is even ****** a little bit... so disappointing : [
    wengdoodle
    When i do snipe, which is quite often now. I usually finish in the top 3, i never have trouble sniping.
    I like the new sniping in the game and i realize that im probably one of few that like the new sniping in the game.

I use L96 with infared scope and i have no troubles killing people.

Learn to snipe.
    Guggi

wengdoodle wrote:

When i do snipe, which is quite often now. I usually finish in the top 3, i never have trouble sniping.
    I like the new sniping in the game and i realize that im probably one of few that like the new sniping in the game.

I use L96 with infared scope and i have no troubles killing people.

Learn to snipe.

Yeah, they think sniping means run 'n gun with a sniper rifle to prove themselves. When I snipe in any CoD ( except MW2 ) then I "camp" and "hardscope" I'm best in WAW. Can get a 20-30 killstreak and 0 deaths in downfall. People need to learn how to snipe properly.
    Robo Hobo

Guggi wrote:

i did 34-0 camping like a with a sniper? Whats not for getting high killstreaks?
    Robo Hobo
    I don't know why people are still complaining they said they were going to slowly gimp the sniper patch isn't this why we wanted quit complaining now.
    XxReggieKushxX

JAlenX06 wrote:

Correction: Quickscopers ruined sniping.

Glad I could point that out for you. Treyarch didn't ruin anything. You can thank the 12 year old kids from MW2.
    PlazmaMX

JAlenX06 wrote:

Reading comprehension. I specifically say that I did better quick scoping than sniping. Quick scoping for me = not looking down the sight, and halfway bringing up your sights and shooting,

thats not quickscoping, its as soon as your sights are up, shoot. Its actually easier to quick scope than snipe atm, I like to combine the two, however until they've fixed the sniping issues I won't play with it.
    braon

AxonHD wrote:

You're a minority. Quickscoping (to COD4 standards, not MW2) is ruined. In COD4, you had to find cover and actually play somewhat defensively - as opposed to MW2, where you just ran around like it was an SMG. Sniping should be comparable to W@W (.15 second zoom) because I think we can all agree it took the most skill to quickscope in that game.
    braon

XxReggieKushxX wrote:

JAlenX06 wrote:

Glad I could point that out for you. Treyarch didn't ruin anything. You can thank the 12 year old kids from MW2.

Quickscoping is NOT A PLAYSTYLE.
    Every good sniper knows how to utilize their scope, no matter what 'speed' they are using it at. All good snipers need to know how to quickscope, and anyone that doesn't do both is either an idiot or just isn't being as efficient as they could. There does come a point when incredibly skilled snipers need not take time to line up a shot because it would just waste time. These would be players like Small Beans and Moody Swede. They might be amazing at quickscoping, but they do hardscope every now and then.

Anyways, FORGET ABOUT MW2.
    We want COD4/W@W standard sniping, but I'd be happy with this:
    Tone down the sway a little bit (for better long range sniping) and make the bullets shoot where the guns points and remove sway if crouched or prone.

Guggi wrote:

Then what's the point of sniping? People play call of duty to have fun, if I can't have fun sniping (I do because I can quickscope/dragscope in black ops) then what's the point? Just sayin.

XxReggieKushxX wrote:

JAlenX06 wrote:

Also this.
    XxReggieKushxX

braon wrote:

XxReggieKushxX wrote:

JAlenX06 wrote:

Quickscoping is NOT A PLAYSTYLE.
    Every good sniper knows how to utilize their scope, no matter what 'speed' they are using it at. All good snipers need to know how to quickscope, and anyone that doesn't do both is either an idiot or just isn't being as efficient as they could. There does come a point when incredibly skilled snipers need not take time to line up a shot because it would just waste time. These would be players like Small Beans and Moody Swede. They might be amazing at quickscoping, but they do hardscope every now and then.

Anyways, FORGET ABOUT MW2.
    We want COD4/W@W standard sniping, but I'd be happy with this:
    Tone down the sway a little bit (for better long range sniping) and make the bullets shoot where the guns points and remove sway if crouched or prone.

/facepalm

God forbid you give someone lemons and they ask for limes. The next time you give them limes, they whine for lemons.

Just use the Scout perk. You know there is this thing where you can hold your breath and steady your scope?

Why do people just not understand this? Quickscoping was an aim-assist exploit. Treyarch has said several times that he doesn't want people boosting/glitching/hacking/modding/exploiting.

Quickscoping = Exploit = Not Allowed.
    kastro187420
    The role of the sniper isn't to WIN the match. I think that's what that poster was trying to say. A Sniper is a support role. His goal should be to lock down an area and provide long-range support from a safe position.

Complaining because you can't place in the top 3 while sniping doesn't prove anything. It either means you're a terrible sniper, or you did what you were supposed to do, and provided support, and didn't attempt to be the top player in the match.

I'll say what I've said before:

The way I snipe in Black Ops, is the same way I've sniped in all the other Call of Duties, and it hasn't failed me yet (provided the map allows for it).
    BeastOfFate

Kastro187420 wrote:

The role of the sniper isn't to WIN the match. I think that's what that poster was trying to say. A Sniper is a support role. His goal should be to lock down an area and provide long-range support from a safe position.

Complaining because you can't place in the top 3 while sniping doesn't prove anything. It either means you're a terrible sniper, or you did what you were supposed to do, and provided support, and didn't attempt to be the top player in the match.

I'll say what I've said before:

The way I snipe in Black Ops, is the same way I've sniped in all the other Call of Duties, and it hasn't failed me yet (provided the map allows for it).

So what you're telling me is this: if I make a conscious decision to use the sniper, I shouldn't expect to EVER do as well as someone with an Assault Rifle or SMG?

Because if it is, then you're the reason sniping is what it is now.
    RubMyMeatStick
    i thought QS was fine. i havent had the game long and check what im doing:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/wiseyodaPSN?feature=mhum 
    kastro187420

BeastOfFate wrote:

So what you're telling me is this: if I make a conscious decision to use the sniper, I shouldn't expect to EVER do as well as someone with an Assault Rifle or SMG?

Pretty much. The idea of the sniper is to be at a distance. A sniper CAN win the match, but you shouldn't go out expecting to be the top player. Not if you're actually sniping in the intended fashion. Again, not saying its impossible Circumstances could help you do it (killstreaks, stupid enemies, bad teammates), but really, for every 1 kill you get with the sniper rifle, another 3 or 4 is going to be gained by Assault Rifles and SMGs.

The Assault Rifle is right out in the middle of the action, rushing in with a full auto weapon. An Assault Rifle/SMG user is going to be getting more kills than the sniper. That's just how it is (unless the AR user is terrible).

For what its worth, in MW2 at least, I HAVE placed first with sniping. In Wasteland, I went 30-0 in a FFA. In Scrapyard I went 26-0 before dying. Those are just 2 of the more memorable ones.

I'm just saying, don't jump into the match expecting to lead the team to victory, as the sniper rifle has never been about being the best on the team. Not before QSing showed up and ruined sniping anyway.
    BeastOfFate

RubMyMeatStick wrote:

i thought QS was fine. i havent had the game long and check what im doing:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/wiseyodaPSN?feature=mhum 

Three dragscopes, two hardscopes and a no scope on Demolition (and that's only your highlights, not the times where your Sniper failed due to the initial randomness) doesn't really prove that snipers are balanced. It proves you're good at making them look balanced, though.
    kastro187420

BeastOfFate wrote:

Three dragscopes, two hardscopes and a no scope on Demolition (and that's only your highlights, not the times where your Sniper failed due to the initial randomness) doesn't really prove that snipers are balanced. It proves you're good at making them look balanced, though.

Couldn't the same be said for ANY montage/highlight segment? Even MW2 and CoD4 had the same style of clips. People putting in what was good, and left out the bad. It doesn't prove anything other than what we already knew.
    BeastOfFate

Kastro187420 wrote:

BeastOfFate wrote:

Pretty much. The idea of the sniper is to be at a distance. A sniper CAN win the match, but you shouldn't go out expecting to be the top player. Not if you're actually sniping in the intended fashion. Again, not saying its impossible Circumstances could help you do it (killstreaks, stupid enemies, bad teammates), but really, for every 1 kill you get with the sniper rifle, another 3 or 4 is going to be gained by Assault Rifles and SMGs.

The Assault Rifle is right out in the middle of the action, rushing in with a full auto weapon. An Assault Rifle/SMG user is going to be getting more kills than the sniper. That's just how it is (unless the AR user is terrible).

For what its worth, in MW2 at least, I HAVE placed first with sniping. In Wasteland, I went 30-0 in a FFA. In Scrapyard I went 26-0 before dying. Those are just 2 of the more memorable ones.

I'm just saying, don't jump into the match expecting to lead the team to victory, as the sniper rifle has never been about being the best on the team. Not before QSing showed up and ruined sniping anyway.

I'm astounded. You're telling me that because the developer of a game makes it so that Assault Rifles and SMGs are clear cut better than any of the other guns in the game that it's balanced that way? That's absolutely ridiculous. I didn't play CoD 4 because Assault Rifles and SMGs were the only way to do well. I played it because I could lead my team to victory with ANY gun.

I don't know if you're just part of the new FPS generation or just a gamer whose mind is made up for them by other people. I don't understand why or how you could possibly think that a game that discourages any playstyle except a few is fun.

Honestly, this community is horrible. What happened to making sure all playstyles were equal?

P.S. if MW2 was the only game you were good at sniping in then you don't really deserve to have a say in anything related to it. CoD 4 and WaW were both games that a sniper, given enough skill, could lead his team to victory as I have done so more than enough times to say that Black Ops is too Assault Rifle/SMG oriented, like MW2 was.
    kastro187420

BeastOfFate wrote:

I'm astounded. You're telling me that because the developer of a game makes it so that Assault Rifles and SMGs are clear cut better than any of the other guns in the game that it's balanced that way? That's absolutely ridiculous. I didn't play CoD 4 because Assault Rifles and SMGs were the only way to do well. I played it because I could lead my team to victory with ANY gun.

What's ridiculous is this delusion that people have of all weapons being equal in status and capability. Weapons are designed for different roles. The Sniper playstyle is a style of slower pace, for the precision shooter who values accuracy over R&G and pray and spray. Trying to suggest that you should be grabbing kills with a sniper, at the same rate as someone with an AR/SMG, THAT is ridiculous.

BeastOfFate wrote:

I don't know if you're just part of the new FPS generation or just a gamer whose mind is made up for them by other people. I don't understand why or how you could possibly think that a game that discourages any playstyle except a few is fun.

It doesn't discourage any play style. On the contrary, it makes sure that if you're taking up a particular playstyle, that it doesn't become too overpowering. Sniping is still very much intact for those who are decent at it and willing to learn.

BeastOfFate wrote:

Honestly, this community is horrible. What happened to making sure all playstyles were equal?

P.S. if MW2 was the only game you were good at sniping in then you don't really deserve to have a say in anything related to it. CoD 4 and WaW were both games that a sniper, given enough skill, could lead his team to victory as I have done so more than enough times to say that Black Ops is too Assault Rifle/SMG oriented, like MW2 was.

All play styles are equal. But not equal in the sense that every play style is going to net you top of the leaderboard status. Its just unreasonable to expect that you'll be putting out the same kill rate as someone with an AR or SMG.

Also, I never claimed MW2 was the only game I was good at with sniping. I merely used it as a reference point since that is the game most people compare Black Ops to. In CoD4, the Dragunov was the first Golden Weapon I unlocked (next to the Desert Eagle).  I played the sniper role in Cod4 almost exclusively. I know all too well just how well a sniper can do in the games. A sniper is perfectly capable of leading the game.

I'll say it once more so that its clear:

A Sniper shouldn't expect kills to come in at the same rate as someone with an Assault Rifle or SMG.
    BeastOfFate

Kastro187420 wrote:

All play styles are equal. But not equal in the sense that every play style is going to net you top of the leaderboard status. Its just unreasonable to expect that you'll be putting out the same kill rate as someone with an AR or SMG.

I guess I'm just too used to games that were developed for the age of gamers where people could expect a fair playing field for every gun. Not so in Black Ops. Good day, new FPS generation. Your majority numbers are proof that developers only care about money.

P.S. Equality entails that guns should be able to perform equally. Not that 'One gun is better just because and your gun is worse just because'.
    My god i am getting sick of all these people whining over how they cant quickscope anymore get over it,whining wont change anything, you want to quickscope go back to MW2 let me know how that goes for you... Im glad i can actually run around and not get 1 shotted by some show off saying they all good for slightly hitting LT until it gets close to scoping and hitting RT then when they get killed by someone who "hardscopes" they flip... Get over it and if you are gonna get all serious over it then go back to MW2
    frstedwheaties

BeastOfFate wrote:

Kastro187420 wrote:

I guess I'm just too used to games that were developed for the age of gamers where people could expect a fair playing field for every gun. Not so in Black Ops. Good day, new FPS generation. Your majority numbers are proof that developers only care about money.

P.S. Equality entails that guns should be able to perform equally. Not that 'One gun is better just because and your gun is worse just because'.

im sorry dude you have got to be one of the close minded people i know to think that you can say all the weapons need to be equal, theres a reason people with smgs will get more kills then the sniper. THEY ARE IN THE FRAY, not on the borders of the map patrolling, looking for kills. snipers are made to pick off the occasional straggler make that precision shot on that ONE guy. not take a whole group at once. if you work with a good group of people then you would do good, you need to communicate not go all lone ranger and hide on the corner your gonna get flanked.
    I get loads of kills while sniping! Just shoot and move. And im glad Quick Scoping has been killed off.
    BeastOfFate

Sgt.Spearmint wrote:

I get loads of kills while sniping! Just shoot and move. And im glad Quick Scoping has been killed off.

Yay! Another useless, redundant "omg i can du gud w/ sniperz ther4 itz OBVIOZULSLY balanced. also quickzscopzing suckzorz".

Wow really, could you be more stereotypical? I'm assuming you never played CoD 4/WaW because those were both games where zero people complained about quickscoping AND snipers could do fine.

Hmm. Little bit of a discrepancy here.
    beastlyx4x
    Wrong!!! If you camp your most likely going for high killstreaks.
    BeastOfFate

frstedwheaties wrote:

BeastOfFate wrote:

Kastro187420 wrote:

im sorry dude you have got to be one of the close minded people i know to think that you can say all the weapons need to be equal, theres a reason people with smgs will get more kills then the sniper. THEY ARE IN THE FRAY, not on the borders of the map patrolling, looking for kills. snipers are made to pick off the occasional straggler make that precision shot on that ONE guy. not take a whole group at once. if you work with a good group of people then you would do good, you need to communicate not go all lone ranger and hide on the corner your gonna get flanked.

Are you serious? YOU have to be part of the incredibly close minded population of this forum to think that because one gun entails playing a certain way that they should ALWAYS outperform another gun. What the hell happened to 'everyone being able to do good with any tactic'?

Black Ops has even less variety than MW2 does.
    Fish Said No
    They didn't ruin sniping, you just need to get used to that sway.
    But honestly, I don't know why they added it.  The solution to MW2s QS problem was very straight foward - have it like it was in WaW, i.e. No SoHP for snipers + no messed up aim assist.  Problem solved, no need for that stupid sway.

And in my opinion, remove aim assist from multiplayer totally.
    kastro187420

BeastOfFate wrote:

Are you serious? YOU have to be part of the incredibly close minded population of this forum to think that because one gun entails playing a certain way that they should ALWAYS outperform another gun. What the hell happened to 'everyone being able to do good with any tactic'?

Black Ops has even less variety than MW2 does.

You seem to confuse "Out Perform" with "Gets more Kills". The SMG out performs the sniper in CQB, and the Sniper outperforms the SMG in Long Range.

The SMG will however, statistically get more kills than the sniper rifle in the duration of the match. Stop confusing terms, and you'll see what I mean.
    rlucas1996

Well man treyarch is actually helping them how many nerfs have use SMGs and assault rifle users gotten and how many have they gotten?