32 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2010 11:59 PM by ComeHonorFace RSS

Activision and Betreyarch openly ignoring PS3

This video was posted in another thread that the Betreyarch staff closed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9IJxbO9r14

Anyway, this guy makes excellent points regarding Betreyarchs disregard for the PS3.
  • Re: Activision and Betreyarch openly ignoring PS3
    Brian.+
    Disregarding the PS3? I just played with Vahn. He is hosting a lobby to test some fixes for the Ps3....
    Why does that guy have his keyboard laying down some 16-bit conga beats for him in the background?
    This guy in the video is so trolling.
    dedicatedserversplease

Brian.+ wrote:

Disregarding the PS3? I just played with Vahn. He is hosting a lobby to test some fixes for the Ps3....

No you didnt.
    Brian.+

dedicatedserversplease wrote:

Brian.+ wrote:

No you didnt.

Hey Dedicated!

How are you doing?

And piss off!
    ttwn0324

Brian.+ wrote:

Brian.+ wrote:

No you didnt.

Hey Dedicated!

How are you doing?

And piss off!

Brian.+, I see Vahn took your advice and posted I Thread on what you were talking about in [bloody hell]
    AntiMartyr

plutPWNium wrote:

Why does that guy have his keyboard laying down some 16-bit conga beats for him in the background?
    This guy in the video is so trolling.

I was not trolling. Simply blowing off steam.
    AntiMartyr
    Maybe Vahn should send me a friends invite via PSN. Then maybe we could get into a lobby together and I could help him test fixes for the game. My computer and networking knowledge might help shed some light on some of these issues if I were to have a better understanding of how the network infastructure is implimented from their end. And for the guy who accused me of trolling...You must not have gotten to the part of the vide where I clearly stated that I beleive that Sony is partially responsible for the online state of this game.

HEY VAHN! Hit me up. PSN ID: TheAntiMartyr

AntiMartyr wrote:

Maybe Vahn should send me a friends invite via PSN. Then maybe we could get into a lobby together and I could help him test fixes for the game. My computer and networking knowledge might help shed some light on some of these issues if I were to have a better understanding of how the network infastructure is implimented from their end. And for the guy who accused me of trolling...You must not have gotten to the part of the vide where I clearly stated that I beleive that Sony is partially responsible for the online state of this game.

HEY VAHN! Hit me up. PSN ID: TheAntiMartyr

Nice to see you post in your own thread Martyr. Hopefully you can help Vahn fix his game for him.

Seems like Josh Olin only wants to talk to the Machinima goons, and play Zombies with the little kids.

And instead of fixing his own game, he is worried about shooting spy planes with RPGs.
    AntiMartyr
    I couldnt agree with you more on the "Machinima goons" thing. Some of those guys have rock star status for merely being lifeless gamers. Dont get me wrong...If someone offers to pay me to play video games all day long I would gladly accept!
    JCPASSAFIST
    I am still pissed off that they disabled the ability to log in on-line split screen with two PSN ID's!!!
    guydude
    Remember, remember the 9th of November.

lol. maybe we should have some awesome russian composer make a kickass song and blow up some stuff at TA.

this game is getting worse and worse for me.

JCPASSAFIST wrote:

I am still pissed off that they disabled the ability to log in on-line split screen with two PSN ID's!!!

The sections of Xbox 360 code they couldn't just copy and paste to the PS3 were left out - seems the dual sign-in feature was also a victim.

AntiMartyr wrote:

I couldnt agree with you more on the "Machinima goons" thing. Some of those guys have rock star status for merely being lifeless gamers. Dont get me wrong...If someone offers to pay me to play video games all day long I would gladly accept!

I find it irritating that because they are good at a video game, Josh Olin only listens to their opinions.

It is a very bias way to fix a game. A good 85% of the community HATE quickscopers, but Betreyarch partially un-nerfed it to appease the nerds at Machinima, so they can make those idiotic "Super sick, you gotta see this!" montages.

It's also odd that when Hutch tested the beta on Xbox, he started saying.....and I quote....."This is easily the greatest COD game I have ever played. Ever. And I mean that."

Later on down the line he released a video VEHEMENTLY stating that Betreyarch didn't pay him to say that in his videos. Of course they did. They might not have paid him, but I'm sure Josh Olin gave Machinima some kind of compensation for blowing all their time on the game (rush for 15th prestige anyone?), and constantly saying (different goons from Machinima) that Black Ops is the best COD game.

The level of favoritism is simply gruesome. The fact that some "professional" video game players get special treatment over people WHO PLAY THE SAME GAME is extremely frustrating. After that, you add in the fact that the PS3 has been brushed aside so that Josh Olin can post pictures of his shelf, show off his "indoor" sunglasses, and brag about his Zombies scores.

Like you said in your video, it almost makes you wonder if Betreyarch is TRYING to get people to buy Xbox360's because they have a partnership with Microsoft.

This is all just a rant out of frustration, so people can take it how they want. This is all my own personal opinion. And I swear to god, if I get logged out before I can post this....oh boy lol
    The Nambu

JCPASSAFIST wrote:

Thats the ps3's fault.

The Nambu wrote:

JCPASSAFIST wrote:

Thats the ps3's fault.

No it isn't.
    FANTASY__C

Brian.+ wrote:

What is Vahn's gamertag?
    AntiMartyr

the extractor wrote:

The Nambu wrote:

JCPASSAFIST wrote:

Thats the ps3's fault.

No it isn't.

Your right...it isnt. Its the PSN's fault.

AntiMartyr wrote:

Your right...it isnt. Its the PSN's fault.

Mmm... not so sure about that either - the feature was supported by a few PS3 games in the past I believe. Resistance 2 had it patched in post release in fact. Yes, I know that's an exclusive title but the feature CAN be implemented.
    Brian.+

FANTASY__C wrote:

Brian.+ wrote:

What is Vahn's gamertag?

I don't think he want's everyone to know. So unless he says "go ahead and tell everyone" I won't post it.
    Death8u4u

Brian.+ wrote:

FANTASY__C wrote:

Brian.+ wrote:

What is Vahn's gamertag?

I don't think he want's everyone to know. So unless he says "go ahead and tell everyone" I won't post it.

That's all you could come up with?  >.>  Would have said it was "Noneofyourbusiness" or some other smartass remark.  
    Brian.+

Death8u4u wrote:

That's all you could come up with?  >.>  Would have said it was "Noneofyourbusiness" or some other smartass remark.  

Good point!

None of your god damn business!

Brian.+ wrote:

FANTASY__C wrote:

Brian.+ wrote:

What is Vahn's gamertag?

He had a message on his twitter telling people to message his PSN asking for an invite earlier. I figured it was already public.
    Death8u4u

Brian.+ wrote:

Good point!

Too many spaces me thinks.

Patch should be live shortly if my time is right.
    Brian.+

GoodkidCC wrote:

He had a message on his twitter telling people to message his PSN asking for an invite earlier. I figured it was already public.

No he had a message telling people to message him on twitter with their PSN.

I won't tell anyone on this forum because the majority of the people here are morons, and will only spam him or send him a message saying disrespectful remarks.
    Brian.+

Death8u4u wrote:

Brian.+ wrote:

Good point!

Too many spaces me thinks.

Patch should be live shortly if my time is right.

What time does it go live?

Source?
    Death8u4u

Brian.+ wrote:

Source?

Post by JD.  Said it would be released 12/13 at 2AM PST.  Think he accidentally pointed out 12/13 when he meant 12/14 though.
    Brian.+

Death8u4u wrote:

Brian.+ wrote:

Source?

Post by JD.  Said it would be released 12/13 at 2AM PST.  Think he accidentally pointed out 12/13 when he meant 12/14 though.

Oh cool. Tomorrow morning after my good ol' run I will take some time to play on it.
    Can't wait to see the posts tomorrow.

Brian.+ wrote:

GoodkidCC wrote:

No he had a message telling people to message him on twitter with their PSN.

I won't tell anyone on this forum because the majority of the people here are morons, and will only spam him or send him a message saying disrespectful remarks.

Ah, I misinterpreted that.
    kirby`

Brian.+ wrote:

No you didnt.

If you paid attention to David's Twitter, you would realize that he was in fact hosting a lobby for said problems.
    Sin-ster
    Did he manage to recreate any this time, Brian?
    ComeHonorFace

Sin-ster wrote:

Did he manage to recreate any this time, Brian?

lawl........