1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 118 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2012 9:06 PM by slopingpainter2 Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: anti-camping rule would be a big step forward
    blackhawk465
    I remember there was a counter-strike map called something with "shotguns". If a player would stay in an area for too long, they'd start to burn and lose their health. It was perfect for stopping camping. Although I wish this was possible in Black Ops, I've died way too many times on Hardcore Team Deathmatch and have toggled through my teammates and saw teammate after teammate sitting in a corner with their scopes up. I literally watched a replay of a camper who went 2+ minutes without seeing ANYBODY on his screen.

If the camper is an enemy, I just try to flank them or shoot them through a wall. If it's a teammate camping I flash them twice and then possibly kill them depending on how bad they are camping. And before you cry about the teamkilling, my gamertag is ImABadTeammate so that makes everything okay.

Overall, I really wish there was an anti-camping rule but too many people enjoy sitting in corners for minutes at end just to kill one person.
  • 41. Re: anti-camping rule would be a big step forward
    asystole

Jeru_Da_Damaja__ wrote:

have you tried playing a descend game of sabotage or capture the flag on this game? those modes are more about camping the location of the bomb or the flagpoints rather than actually trying to accomplish the objectives of those modes. this is just my experience so far.

Ok...think about what you are saying....

those game modes have objectives. Half of the perks require you to kill someone near an objective to earn a pro status.

Objective game modes promote camping because you have to defend something.  I mean, really, don't you have to defend your flag? or defend a bomb site?
    Again, use your equipment to root out the defenses.
  • 42. Re: anti-camping rule would be a big step forward
    robr777
    i sometimes like o camp personally if you can hold off an area and thats your style more power to you, sometime like on jungle i get up on that rock/cliff with the ladder spark a *** a shoot away lovely. if someone gets me fair play same if i get them. guess im a wank rat lol
  • 43. Re: anti-camping rule would be a big step forward
    ukpaul19

Jeru_Da_Damaja__ wrote:

simple: stay at the same spot longer then 20 seconds and you'll get blown up. would be a great addition to this game.

Wow, how dumb can one person be? I just looked up dumb on google and found your name listed.
  • 44. Re: anti-camping rule would be a big step forward
    oX-TheCipher-Xo
    Lets be clear here, there are 2 types of campers:

A) Someone crouching behind something holding a spot. I'm a run n gunner, but i think to a certain extent just about all of us have done this.... Especially if you can see the enemy on the map coming toward you. Its camping, but its a bit more acceptable. but not if you just stay there for ever.

B) This is the kind of camping that irritates the sh!t out of me. Someone prone in the bushes, or crouched in some random corner just waiting like a loser for someone to pass by. They might even have a claymore set up too just to be extra annoying and prove just how talentless they really are.
  • 45. Re: anti-camping rule would be a big step forward
    Jeru_Da_Damaja__

oX-TheCipher-Xo wrote:

Lets be clear here, there are 2 types of campers:

A) Someone crouching behind something holding a spot. I'm a run n gunner, but i think to a certain extent just about all of us have done this.... Especially if you can see the enemy on the map coming toward you. Its camping, but its a bit more acceptable. but not if you just stay there for ever.

B) This is the kind of camping that irritates the sh!t out of me. Someone prone in the bushes, or crouched in some random corner just waiting like a loser for someone to pass by. They might even have a claymore set up too just to be extra annoying and prove just how talentless they really are.

yea true. category B i call "the wanking sewer rat"
  • 46. Re: anti-camping rule would be a big step forward
    KhaiFX

Jeru_Da_Damaja__ wrote:

simple: stay at the same spot longer then 20 seconds and you'll get blown up. would be a great addition to this game.

Child. Camping is a tactic, if you run around like a headless chicken, you're going to get a shot in the back. You can't expect everyone to run around.

Go buy the game on PC or buy another game where you can customize your own server rules so that nobody is allowed to camp ever. Then maybe we wouldn't need a boat to sail out of your thread.

It's funny actually, I quite enjoy more realistic games. Though third person. I loved Socom 1, 2 and 3. Very slow gameplay. Defending. 10 minutes for like 1 kill perhaps. Ohhh you'd hate that ****. GRAW2 was great as well.

This is a very arcade style game but do yourself a favour and don't take the entire thing so seriously. If you die. Respawn and kill the bastard who got you.

FX
  • 47. Re: anti-camping rule would be a big step forward
    dwizardg
    I play this game the way I want, and that means I camp when needed, and I run n gun when its needed. Why should I play one particular style ?

Having anti camping is absurd, and for peeps to think they ruin the game is dead wrong, in fact its the opposite to them. The run n gun players who just aimlessly take off on a non ambitious way of playing get killed more often. Now there are some really good players who run n gun, but they tend to be more cautious in approach, and thats cool with me.

I hate playing with runners who go 5-15 and complain about campers. They are more prevelent in this game and most shooters. In fact campers are only about 20% of players. They tend to have success, because runners want to free lance around a map with no desire to worry about them. Tactical team gaming modes have been ruined by marathon unlimited, and now have no real meaning to team. The teams that are camping/defending flags and positions are the true players of team tactical modes. How boring is it to run full speed and run thru a flag and take it back to your base, if no one was camping.

I think run n gun people need to remember that just because a guy was right around a corner when you came thru, does not mean they were camping. Besides taking up a position on a map is gaming 101, which the creator of this post obviously cant stand to do. He wants a headless non thinking game, where you can run free through the pastures and not have to use his brain to think thru where enemy can be, what may happen.
  • 48. Re: anti-camping rule would be a big step forward
    Djhazzi
    Camp or not camp = war or not war :

Its' a war game...ask any real soldier you want if they run like hell in Afghan or in Vietnam!! Hey they'll say NO way Il be dead right away..

Camp for 10 min if you want and mostly if you can !! I'm not a big camper but it happens sometimes. Still, camping reflect most of a real war and for me it make me feel more in simulation than running like hell with a knife and kill the guy in front of me who just empty his gun on me but he's finishing dead and not me...that's not war !

So if most people was thinking like this we'd have better gaming. in a more realistic way. Prestige is not all !

So come on work in team's make your game tactical have your team a sniper, a medic a mecanician  a gunner..ect..  OUPS   :o  should i change for Battlefield ?? hahaha
  • 49. Re: anti-camping rule would be a big step forward
    wah wah campers kill me wah wah.  Stop being a baby.  As everyone said.  Check corners and If they get you once least you know where they are
1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next