1 2 3 4 Previous Next 109 Replies Latest reply: Dec 30, 2011 8:48 PM by XxTheManXx Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: Spy Planes Are Useless....
    Ghost pro + ninja pro + silenced gun =ultimate stealth class.
  • 11. Re: Spy Planes Are Useless....
    mike427
    i didnt need to read the thread because the title said it all                                                                                                                
  • 12. Re: Spy Planes Are Useless....
    kastro187420

Platinumb wrote:

Based off what I see everyday and what my friends on PSN say in their comments, I am pretty sure that Ghost is abused and is rarely used how it was intended to be. Even that one experienced player using Ghost will be a nuisance.

I see why people rather use RC-XDs now. 

That's what I don't understand.. how do you "abuse" Ghost? It hides you from the spy plane like its supposed to. That's like saying people abused "Cold Blooded" in MW2 to hide from the UAV and other air support. I could see if it was being exploited somehow to do something other than what it should... but it doesn't.

I run Ghost on about 4 of my classes. The other one has Hardline, and another with Flak Jacket. Flak Jacket is for when my team sucks at holding the B Flag, and Hardline I use about every other match. Depending on the map, I'll run my stealth kit (yes, Ghost + Ninja + Silencer  ), or if there is air support, I'll run my Anti-Air Kit (which is Ghost + Strela-3). Then I just have a couple Ghost Classes for the sake of having. The only reason I don't use Lightweight is because I find it unnecessary, and Scavenger I don't use since I'm always moving around and will just pick up another enemy's weapon if I'm low on ammo.

Anyway, kind of rambled there. The point I'm trying to make I guess is, I only see it used a little more than in previous games simply because of the lack of SP. But even then, the Spy Plane is still quite useful. Just imagine if instead, we Ghost Users started running a Counter Spy-Plane + Hardline. 2 Decent Players could keep you blinded the entire match just about.
  • 13. Re: Spy Planes Are Useless....
    jamesdrfuss1979
    I've only played one round where EVERYONE on the other team was using ghost. For the most part, it usually seems like 1-3 people use it.

Spy plane is useful. RC car is good for about 0.8 kills. Spy plane almost guarantees 1-3 kills with Napalm and tells you exactly where to put your chopper.
  • 14. Re: Spy Planes Are Useless....
    @Meat Popsicle- There are counters to it but are either lethal Ks that are not Air Support, doesn't directly counter it, or is a high killstreak that is hard to get when your Spy Plane only shows very few dots.

I use UAV too, and I'll admit, there are games where it is completely useless. Other games where nobody on the opposition uses ghost. But considering how easy it is to build up to the UAV killstreak, I believe it's fair. If UAV had the option to find a person with ghost, it would weaken that perk to non existance. I do agree with you though that ghillie suits should be for sniper classes only.

But Spy Planes are very easy to take down (M72, Strela, SAM, Your gun) which is why it is a 3 killstreak. The RC car has very little disadvantages to it. It is very hard to destroy, the boost makes it even more annoying, it's blast radius is big for something so easy to get.
  • 15. Re: Spy Planes Are Useless....

Kastro187420 wrote:

Platinumb wrote:

Based off what I see everyday and what my friends on PSN say in their comments, I am pretty sure that Ghost is abused and is rarely used how it was intended to be. Even that one experienced player using Ghost will be a nuisance.

I see why people rather use RC-XDs now. 

That's what I don't understand.. how do you "abuse" Ghost? It hides you from the spy plane like its supposed to. That's like saying people abused "Cold Blooded" in MW2 to hide from the UAV and other air support. I could see if it was being exploited somehow to do something other than what it should... but it doesn't.

I run Ghost on about 4 of my classes. The other one has Hardline, and another with Flak Jacket. Flak Jacket is for when my team sucks at holding the B Flag, and Hardline I use about every other match. Depending on the map, I'll run my stealth kit (yes, Ghost + Ninja + Silencer  ), or if there is air support, I'll run my Anti-Air Kit (which is Ghost + Strela-3). Then I just have a couple Ghost Classes for the sake of having. The only reason I don't use Lightweight is because I find it unnecessary, and Scavenger I don't use since I'm always moving around and will just pick up another enemy's weapon if I'm low on ammo.

Anyway, kind of rambled there. The point I'm trying to make I guess is, I only see it used a little more than in previous games simply because of the lack of SP. But even then, the Spy Plane is still quite useful. Just imagine if instead, we Ghost Users started running a Counter Spy-Plane + Hardline. 2 Decent Players could keep you blinded the entire match just about.

LW and Scav are another reason Ghost is like a default. Their Pros are less exciting to get (LW Pro needs to be more rewarding). I would probably let LW have the ability to Climb Faster to make it more useful.

Ghost is abused but not exploited. I have many matches where 2-3 guys will just hide in buildings with their gun of choice and IGNORE all objectives just for a killstreak. I find it pretty annoying when this happens and my worthless team will forget right after they die that there is a guy camping by his claymore with Ghost on and is weilding a BK-74u.

How you is using Ghost doesn't really bother me completely unless I have a Chopper Gunner that you decided to destroy right as I am coming out the door to rain hell on your team for another 2000 XP  .

And C-Spy is what I use since reg Spy Plane is now just a waste.

Sorry for the double post. I will post some time later since the site does not like me.
  • 16. Re: Spy Planes Are Useless....
    You realize you are complaining about a perk countering a 3 Killstreak? Is Flak Jacket overpowered because you can survive almost any explosion? Of course not.

Think back to MW2 (when customizable Killstreaks were first introduced), and you will remember how uncommon UAVs were. Hardly anyone used UAVs, but we still got by. Now in Black Ops, the Spy Plane is a very common Killstreak. You know what that means? The Community has become dependent on them.

And if I recall correctly, didn't the Community want less emphasis on Killstreaks in Black Ops? Well, we got that, and now you guys are complaining about it. It's pitiful really.

Ghost - Hidden from Spy Plane
    Ghost Pro - Hidden COMPLETELY from Sentry Guns and Attack Helicopters. No Red Diamond on Valkyrie Missiles, Chopper Gunners, and Gunships.

I suppose it's time to start using Counter-Spy Planes, SAM Turrets, Napalm Strikes, Blackbirds, Rolling Thunders, and Attack Dogs.

• 17. Re: Spy Planes Are Useless....
    kastro187420

Platinumb wrote:

LW and Scav are another reason Ghost is like a default. Their Pros are less exciting to get (LW Pro needs to be more rewarding). I would probably let LW have the ability to Climb Faster to make it more useful.

Ghost is abused but not exploited. I have many matches where 2-3 guys will just hide in buildings with their gun of choice and IGNORE all objectives just for a killstreak. I find it pretty annoying when this happens and my worthless team will forget right after they die that there is a guy camping by his claymore with Ghost on and is weilding a BK-74u.

How you is using Ghost doesn't really bother me completely unless I have a Chopper Gunner that you decided to destroy right as I am coming out the door to rain hell on your team for another 2000 XP  .

And C-Spy is what I use since reg Spy Plane is now just a waste.

Its not so much that their Pro's are less useful/exciting, they just don't fit my play style. I used to run Scavenger on MW2 all the time. But we got a bit more ammo in this game to start with, and I've learned to just pick guns up, freeing up my choice a little bit. Lightweight, well, I'm not really a rusher so I don't need it.

Odds are, if you end up with a Chopper Gunner in the same match as me, you better be on my team. Because it WILL go down, with or without Ghost  . I run the Sam Turret as my 4 Killstreak. Usually I run UAV/Sam/Napalm, sometimes switching out Napalm for the Mortar Team.
  • 18. Re: Spy Planes Are Useless....
    Last night, I put Spy Planes to use with the Dragon Lady contract.

But other than that, Spy Planes are okay.  They just can't detect Ghosters.  And I do admit that I've seen a lot of Ghosters in MP recently, and I don't know what the surge of Ghosters is all about.
  • 19. Re: Spy Planes Are Useless....
    Tura Satana
    I run with ghost more than any other perk 1. Like someone else said - I don't feel comfortable without it when a spy plane is up. That said.. I also run spyplane.. ALWAYS.  I still find it useful and there are still usually atleast 3-4 blips on it. Sometimes less but thats ok. I just make a mental note and be extra careful.  It doesn't aggrivate me or nothing. Maybe I'm just used to it from playing a lot of Hardcore from World at War and am used to people always using camo.

I will say this.. sometimes the spy plane in this game MISSES a blip. I thought it was happening sometimes, but I wasn't sure until the other day.  I was watching a single blip on the radar and it had refreshed twice and the guy was coming towards me. Then it refreshes again and the blip is gone. Thinking the guy is gone or whatever - I walk around the corner - and there he is. Still coming. Luckily I still killed him but I was pissed cuz it confirmed my suspicions that the spy plane sometimes misses a blip when it shouldn't. The guy was not wearing ghost.

What bothers me about the guillie suits are that (especially on the snow stages) its hard to tell the difference between your teammates and enemies. Hell any of the uniforms on the snow stages its hard to differentiate. In hardcore this leads to a lot of teamkilling or times when I died because I hesitated thinking that person might be my teammate.
1 2 3 4 Previous Next