13 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2013 2:29 PM by BlkWidowsKiss13 RSS

PS3 Freezes constantly when playing Black Ops

PK-1990
Like many of you I pre-ordered black ops. However, since I am recently living on my own, I bought a brand new 320 Gb PS3 Slim just for this game. Now, clearly there are some things I like about this game such as one hit kill with the snipers (generally), new perks and weapons, the gameplay in general. There are also things I don't like such as second chance, the chaotic maps which feature way too many obstacles and are thus not very useful for snipers, the occasional lag, RC-XD cars, the damn exploding crawling zombies that release nova gas when you kill them as well as the inferior graphics when compared to MW2 (I play on a full HD, 100Hz LED TV).

However, I can deal with all these annoying things about this game. What I truly HATE is that my PS3 constantly hard freezes when playing this game, matter in fact, it has become so bad that I stopped playing this game for now and went back to Battlefield: Bad Company 2, zombies on WaW and even MW2.

I was wondering, if anybody else is having this problem and/or if is just a problem on the new PS3 slim? Also, does the constantly hardfreezing of the PS3 have a permanent effect on the PS3, as in, will it cause damage or even stop workign eventually?
  • Re: PS3 Freezes constantly when playing Black Ops
    bfn23
    Your not the only one freezing.  Mine froze up 1 out of every 4 matches this weekend.  It does it while match is loading and in the middle of matches.  BO is my only game that does this.  Drives me out of my mind.
    killgilmw2killer
    mine freeze everyday too.    since i dont want my ps3 to mess up, I go online once a day to check for this game to be fixed.  I MIGHT get 1 match in before the game freezes my ps3 completely. WILl THIs GAMe EVER GET FIXED
    FurrQue
    sadly this affects both slim & fat PS3's.
    I have an original 60gb model and the 80gb model - I get hard freezes on both.
    The patches have'nt helped either, for me they've just made things worse.
    As for damaging the PS3, thats a bit of a mine field - who knows for sure, there are arguments for both sides to this question, if Treyarch say yes then its law suits all round  but I doubt if they'll ever admit anything like that!
    This game did not live up to all its pre release hype, Treyarch made MILLIONS out of this game - the least they could do is fix the damn thing!!
    infavol
    I get them more and more since the patch.  I don't know if it has long-term damage since its only been a couple of weeks but who knows.  It's obviously because of black ops since it doesn't do that on any other game, and its not the ps3's fault since it can take a lot of stuff without crashing. Xbox doesn't have this issue so i really think they screwed up the disc for ps3. Whether on accident or if microsoft paid Activision no one can confirm or deny.
    Dipaolo56
    Ik heb hetzelfde probleem. I can tell you that you'r not the only one whit this problem! Some of my friends and myself are suffering the same problem called 'freeze'. Besides that we have additional, "features" as 'connection interrupted' or 'lost host'. I can asure you that I will think twice before I deside to play this game. All items in this ps3 forum are, in my opinion, less important!!
    I advise Treyarch to solve these huge problems first, before asking how they can improve the game with other weapons, perks and so on.
    A camper
    PK-1990
    I wonder if they are working on this hard freeze problem because I haven't seen any indication yet that they are.
    imcal01
    Guys it freezes when you host, thats the conclusion i have come to.

If i join a game just starting or in progress no issues etc

Word of mouth will sort this issue out, because there is a lot of PS3 owners around the globe having issues, if they tell everyone they know and everyone in the friends list this company will never be trusted again on any ps3 game, i am giving them until after christmas (mid Jan 2 months after release)to sort it out, after then i will start writing reviews, leaving comments, posting youtube videos etc.

I will then trade this game in and never touch a product made by this company again.
    PK-1990

ImCal01 wrote:

Guys it freezes when you host, thats the conclusion i have come to.

If i join a game just starting or in progress no issues etc

Word of mouth will sort this issue out, because there is a lot of PS3 owners around the globe having issues, if they tell everyone they know and everyone in the friends list this company will never be trusted again on any ps3 game, i am giving them until after christmas (mid Jan 2 months after release)to sort it out, after then i will start writing reviews, leaving comments, posting youtube videos etc.

I will then trade this game in and never touch a product made by this company again.

My PS3 freezes no matter what, even when I join a game that is just starting or that is near the end.
    GENERALOFREAPERS
    everytime i join a game and try to play it either freezes host migrates and i get kicked or it just kicks me
    PK-1990
    I really hope that all the game freezes don't break my PS3

I have slim model PS3. My BlackOpsII freezees every time in  a same spot. The whole PS3 must be rebooted. I have tried this same BD media in other older model PS3 - working ok at the same spot of game. There must be something badly wrong in this version of game!

OK. Had the same problem. Here is what you do. Uninstall the save data of the game. not the 50 mb patch, the smaller ones. i think its 2 files of about 1,5 mb each.

your singleplayer progress will be lost then i guess.

it worked for me and i have no more problems with freezing.

but i wont start the campaign again, if there is no patch for this.

if this doesnt work, try the game with another account(mayb ur brother...if u have one)

BlkWidowsKiss13

I'm so glad to know that I am not the only one having the freezing issue! I got so frustrated with the stupid game that I broke it in 2. Then we got a new PS3 and borrowed the game from a friend and I'm still having the same issue! I haven't even played the single player with this new PS3. I'll be in the middle of a great game and it freezes. Sometimes I don't even get to play 1 game. This is horrible. I need my COD!!!