1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 68 Replies Latest reply: Apr 27, 2012 10:51 PM by iil4zyii Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: A challenge to all you Quitters using the LAG excuse

    itsteddymon wrote:

     

    I've quit loads of games because I was losing.  I dont mean a few either I really do mean loads, probs somewhere in the region of 2:1 quits to full games played, I can't use the lag excuse either because I pay to have a 50MB BB connection and it's rare when I'm not the host.  Also I camp, snipe and use last stand.  So I bet in your eyes I'm the devil incarnate, or I could just be an average guy who plays games for what they're ment to be......... FUN.

    Get a grip man, it's a game. It's not real and has absolutely no impact on real life.  It's not like that your gonna get £1,000,000,000, or any bonus at all for that matter, for not quitting games.



    I understand where your coming from but you gotta admit this game is dire, how often do you get into a game where it's half over and your on the loosing side? a lot, is it fair that you are? and knowing the reason is mainly due to lamers who cannot man up to admitting they don't like loosing.

    I have just been in a game where I was thrown in HC HQ on Nuketown 0-50 score Huey in the air 2 original players left on the team and 4 of us joined together, we all joined and fought it out and we won 85-65 obviously as soon as the huey was announced 4 of cowards quit.
  • 31. Re: A challenge to all you Quitters using the LAG excuse

    ShaGGy_UK wrote:

     

    I have just been in a game where I was thrown in HC HQ on Nuketown 0-50 score Huey in the air 2 original players left on the team and 4 of us joined together, we all joined and fought it out and we won 85-65 obviously as soon as the huey was announced 4 of cowards quit.


    Good for you. I've left a game multiple times after acquiring a nuke just because I got Commando lunged one time too many. Am I still being a coward?

    What you still fail to realize is that the people who quit, quit because they want to have fun, not be frustrated. I find no reason as to why I should stay in a game I joined late when playing with randoms. They don't care about me, I don't care about them. When I play by myself, I play for my own enjoyment -- and it usually means doing well, therefore the team benefits from it. When I play with a team, it's enjoyable no matter what because I'm not playing with randoms. I'm around people I know who also just want to enjoy themselves.

    This isn't about being cowardly or not being a man, it's about enjoying your damn experience on a video game. If you're taking this so seriously that you have to call players cowards for leaving games they aren't having fun in, then maybe you should step outside of the house some more and play a game called life.
  • 32. Re: A challenge to all you Quitters using the LAG excuse

    BRITISHARMY911 wrote:

     

    ShaGGy_UK wrote:

     

    XxVividxX wrote:

     

    You do realize theater shows what the game sees right? It doesn't show lag, so no matter what you look at in theater, it won't be what the person that posted actually saw on their tv.



    Yes I do realise this the point is if it IS LAG that causes these excuses then they will quit while winning equally as much
    But I think you will find that that is not the case and the LAG excuse only materialises when their loosing :P


    So baisically your saying millions of people are lying?



    Millions ?

    I am saying that a large majority of quitters leave because their loosing and jump on the bandwagon and blame LAG, but ask yourself this does LAG pick only on the loosing team? as it would appear so.

    Be realistic how often do you see your team mates dashboarding when their on the winning team ( I see the occasional one) but when you on the loosing team you will see a much larger number dashboarding, now common sense would say why, if it was LAG causing this the an equal number would dashboard while winning also.

    The responses in this thread only prove the point, they like to blame LAG and deny it has anything to do with loosing but how many have posted their tags so we can all see if they are telling the truth and it has nothing to do with them loosing.
  • 33. Re: A challenge to all you Quitters using the LAG excuse

    HEH edin wrote:

     

    ShaGGy_UK wrote:

     

    I have just been in a game where I was thrown in HC HQ on Nuketown 0-50 score Huey in the air 2 original players left on the team and 4 of us joined together, we all joined and fought it out and we won 85-65 obviously as soon as the huey was announced 4 of cowards quit.


    Good for you. I've left a game multiple times after acquiring a nuke just because I got Commando lunged one time too many. Am I still being a coward?

    What you still fail to realize is that the people who quit, quit because they want to have fun, not be frustrated. I find no reason as to why I should stay in a game I joined late when playing with randoms. They don't care about me, I don't care about them. When I play by myself, I play for my own enjoyment -- and it usually means doing well, therefore the team benefits from it. When I play with a team, it's enjoyable no matter what because I'm not playing with randoms. I'm around people I know who also just want to enjoy themselves.

    This isn't about being cowardly or not being a man, it's about enjoying your damn experience on a video game. If you're taking this so seriously that you have to call players cowards for leaving games they aren't having fun in, then maybe you should step outside of the house some more and play a game called life.



    Jesus are you thick or something ?

    you say " I find no reason as to why I should stay in a game I joined late when playing with randoms" this is the point You wouldn't get thrown into these games late if no one had spat their dummy (pacifier) out and quit.
  • 34. Re: A challenge to all you Quitters using the LAG excuse

    ShaGGy_UK wrote:

     

    you say " I find no reason as to why I should stay in a game I joined late when playing with randoms" this is the point You wouldn't get thrown into these games late if no one had spat their dummy (pacifier) out and quit.


    The same applies if I started a game with randoms. I don't see your point.

    How come nobody leaves games in Bad Company 2? I've played well over 4 days worth of that game and I've only encounter roughly 10 people leave one of my games. And I didn't even play with a full squad half the time.

    Tell me this?
  • 35. Re: A challenge to all you Quitters using the LAG excuse

    HEH edin wrote:

     

    ShaGGy_UK wrote:

     

    you say " I find no reason as to why I should stay in a game I joined late when playing with randoms" this is the point You wouldn't get thrown into these games late if no one had spat their dummy (pacifier) out and quit.


    The same applies if I started a game with randoms. I don't see your point.

    How come nobody leaves games in Bad Company 2? Tell me this?



    Well play with a party on COD and buy Kinectimals for when your on your own problem solved or play against the bots. 
  • 36. Re: A challenge to all you Quitters using the LAG excuse
    mark dogsy
    have you thought that maybe the lag causes the loss? if your lagging then you cant shoot people before they shoot you, therefore you loose. so lag = loss = leave.

    if 1 team has 4 people who are lagging, and 1 team has 1 person who is lagging, which team is gonna win? which team is gonna have more people leave?

    ive posted my GT and told you i leave because i lag. lag means my KDR is below 0.8, so im losing, im not enjoying myself, im leaving. your problem with that is ......?
  • 37. Re: A challenge to all you Quitters using the LAG excuse

    ShaGGy_UK wrote:

     

    Well play with a party on COD and buy Kinectimals for when your on your own problem solved or play against the bots. 


    So now you're treating my argument as a joke?

    You're pathetic.

    I don't have any problem playing on my own. I know when I'm having fun and when I'm not. I could care less if I was winning, losing, having sex, etc.. If I'm not having fun with a video game, I will not sit there and suffer through it especially with randoms. I even quit out of games I'm playing with a fully party sometimes out of frustration. It's not about what we're using as our excuse. Lag is one of them, but many of them are small, personal irritations that some people (like myself) cannot endure over and over again.

    I will give you another example.

    In MW2, all I did was play FFA and SnD (FFA by myself, SnD with a full party). And that game has literally no lag or hit detection problems so that can't be an issue, am I correct? Okay, then.

    Well here was my FFA and SnD philosophy: If I get knifed within a minute of starting the game, I leave; if I get knifed too many times in one game (usually 4 or 5 times breaks me), I leave; if I get lunged ONE time at any point in the game, I leave; specifically in SnD, if I start two rounds off badly (usually means dying first within the first minute), I quit playing the game altogether.

    And those are only a few examples of what irritates me and causes me to leave games regardless of what the situation is. Like I said, I've quit out of games where I had just acquired a nuke and left because I got Commando lunged. I've quit out of MULTIPLE FFA games where I was one or two kills away from victory, but something happened that irritated me past the breaking point.

    And this isn't just me. I know plenty of people who share this same opinion.

    Oh, and did you maybe think that 90% of the time, one team is has the superior connection no matter what? I've never been in a game where one team was lagging as bad as my team was unless the host was about to get booted. I've also never been in a game where both teams had amazing connections. It's always one team with the worse connection in Call of Duty...
  • 38. Re: A challenge to all you Quitters using the LAG excuse
    reformedplayer
    I don't quit

    541 wins
    141 losses

    IF i play by myself I check the score before I select a class to make sure I am not going into a no win situation...

    only play with a group of 5 or 6 the majority of the time an we are very good at HQ...

    played against a group of aussies and they had host the other night and still won
  • 39. Re: A challenge to all you Quitters using the LAG excuse

    mark dogsy wrote:

     

    have you thought that maybe the lag causes the loss? if your lagging then you cant shoot people before they shoot you, therefore you loose. so lag = loss = leave.

    if 1 team has 4 people who are lagging, and 1 team has 1 person who is lagging, which team is gonna win? which team is gonna have more people leave?

    ive posted my GT and told you i leave because i lag. lag means my KDR is below 0.8, so im losing, im not enjoying myself, im leaving. your problem with that is ......?



    have you thought that maybe the lag causes the loss? if your lagging then you cant shoot people before they shoot you, therefore you loose. so lag = loss = leave.
    Yes but this equally affect everyone in the game be it on winning side or loosing side, why only the loosing team quit?
    LAG does not know what team your on your point is valid but if it was the case the quitters would be equal amongst winning and loosing team players.

    I played a game last night where one of my friends in my party was lagging badly (only from his screen to everyone else he was moving normally) he held out for half the game and then said he's backing out cos the LAG was really bad and at the time we were hammering the other team, in his case it was genuine LAG but we play most nights together and this is the first time any of us have quit due to LAG, I have RAGE QUIT once ( I just snapped and backed out before I had time to think about it).
    Like i say never have anyone I know personally backed out due to LAG apart from this one time, if one of us are pissed off and having a bad game/night that one friend will just call it a night and be back the next day.