1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next 90 Replies Latest reply: Dec 24, 2010 6:53 PM by tommelom3 Go to original post RSS
  • 70. Re: Patience is a Virtue, you whiny 12 year olds. VAHN RESPONDS
    asystole

Kingy_Tom92 wrote:

asystole wrote:

Great post! Dedicating, "balancing and customization" & loosing focus of technical issues. Well said. It does seem to look that way, and I think that may have been because they wanted this game to be different from MW2.

Thanks asystole. I'm glad I got my point across successfully. But yeah I think you're right there, they wanted to make sure their game was the most balanced and innovative COD game yet and so top MW2. Which, in terms of gameplay features and balance, I'd happily state that they have done that. COD Black Ops is better than MW2. However, that said, MW2, whilst unbalanced, was technically pretty sound in my experience. Never really had that many issues with connectivity and frame rate etc. whilst playing online, other than your regular lag etc. 

It's just a crying shame that Treyarch lost the sight of the big picture and lost focus like that. But it is the way it is and we just have to wait, and hope that they will get it all sorted, at least the major issues, by the latest at the end of January.

I agree, as far as balance, I think it is very innovative. Wager matches, theatre modes, all well done. In therory, it is far superior to MW2, just the techical aspect is very difficult to deal with night after night. Believe me, I want this game to work as much as anyone. I just don't want to sacrifice my Blue ray drive to do it.
  • 71. Re: Patience is a Virtue, you whiny 12 year olds. VAHN RESPONDS

GoldonArRow wrote:

This is better than Robert "Stealth Clown" Bowling, that's for sure.  Who him and his crack-team at IW released a total of what...4 patches?.

Jesus get your head out of Treyarch's arse .... Needing to patch a new game multiple times is not the sign of a good developer. The PS3 multiplayer is so broken at the moment that Tryarch is definitely deserving of some abuse from angry customers. Being unable to hold a lobby for more than a few games, the constant “connection interrupted” and lost connection with host is extremely frustrating when you have limited playing time.
  • 72. Re: Patience is a Virtue, you whiny 12 year olds. VAHN RESPONDS
    GoldonArRow

X_Lebowski_X wrote:

GoldonArRow wrote:

This is better than Robert "Stealth Clown" Bowling, that's for sure.  Who him and his crack-team at IW released a total of what...4 patches?.

Jesus get your head out of Treyarch's arse .... Needing to patch a new game multiple times is not the sign of a good developer. The PS3 multiplayer is so broken at the moment that Tryarch is definitely deserving of some abuse from angry customers. Being unable to hold a lobby for more than a few games, the constant “connection interrupted” and lost connection with host is extremely frustrating when you have limited playing time.

...what?

Let's see, IW had no community support, something that would help their game...which would make them a good developer?  Post launch support is part of being a good developer.

Now, I have been running into the connection issues more and more, and you know what I think?  They're patching it.  I won't get mad, because at least they CARE and they are TAKING ACTION.

Unlike IW.
  • 73. Re: Patience is a Virtue, you whiny 12 year olds. VAHN RESPONDS
    dedicatedserversplease

GoldonArRow wrote:

X_Lebowski_X wrote:

GoldonArRow wrote:

...what?

Let's see, IW had no community support, something that would help their game...which would make them a good developer?  Post launch support is part of being a good developer.

Now, I have been running into the connection issues more and more, and you know what I think?  They're patching it.  I won't get mad, because at least they CARE and they are TAKING ACTION.

Unlike IW.

Correct.  Vahn has really been great with his communication.  I cannot recall in my 7 years ever having firsthand contact with anyone who can DO something within the game themselves.  He has really listened to the community, and I think he has gone ABOVE his duty.  As long as issues are being addressed, I can be patient because I know they will not stop until the game is better.
  • 74. Re: Patience is a Virtue, you whiny 12 year olds. VAHN RESPONDS
    cybernomad
    Good points all.  Most of us are patient and awaiting a fix for known issues. I too get frustrated by "side-stepping" that their are any issues. All programs have issues. Admitting there is one, is the first step into open communication with the community and getting the folks who want this game to rock...to help diagnose and help the developers resolve such issues. Hey.. DEVELOPERS are people too! So... you can't blame just them... MARKETING, Pressure to release from Dilber Like Management etc... so .. with Christmas and the Holidays upon us..I say .. give the Developers a break, and lets ALL open up to how we can all work together to resolve issues.

I  am not a FANBOY, but know.... calling people idiots or retards or whatever..is not a great way to earn respect...on the other hand...telling customers that there are no issues and that it is "our" hardware etc... is also not acceptable.

So... how about 3ARC and the community..reset expectations and level set what needs to be fixed first (FPS/Disconnects)..and worry about the SMALL stuff....like power of weapons...not repeating maps more than twice...for a later date.

Love the game.... most of this community is pretty cool... I am over 40... and go back to Quake on my Pure3d graphics card..on a 486DX33 pc... so.. I do believe i know what is possible in gaming and know this is a good game...lets make it GREAT!

Peace out................word .....and all that JIVE!  

LOL
  • 75. Re: Patience is a Virtue, you whiny 12 year olds. VAHN RESPONDS
    That's what I've been telling people for a long time. Wait a few days after patches. The patch will seem very different days later than second, or minutes after downloading it. Patch 1.04 seemed to turn things even worse, but days later it was fine, even better. Patch 1.05 was just a small patch, and I haven't felt a lot of change. They still have a long way to go, but I'm certain we won't be left in the dark. We can't come here and vent...well we can, but not the way the majority of people do it. The best advice for anyone in the CoD forums is to not touch the caps lock, other than to start their sentences. Treyarch will listen, still listens and will one day get to it. The problems will always be there, there is no such thing as a perfect game, but that's nothing new. The community makes and destroys games, period. Give them time to breathe.
  • 76. Re: Patience is a Virtue, you whiny 12 year olds. VAHN RESPONDS
    white_bread_trav

X_Lebowski_X wrote:

GoldonArRow wrote:

So because I.W had to patch MW2 the 4 or 5 times that they did, does that make them a bad developer as well?  I can't think of any games I've ever played online with the complexity that Black Ops or Halo or MW2 has that didn't require patching and tweaks, usually several.  Maybe if you understood anything about software development, you wouldn't be making such ignorant comments.
  • 77. Re: Patience is a Virtue, you whiny 12 year olds. VAHN RESPONDS
    white_bread_trav

daca213 wrote:

That's what I've been telling people for a long time. Wait a few days after patches. The patch will seem very different days later than second, or minutes after downloading it. Patch 1.04 seemed to turn things even worse, but days later it was fine, even better. Patch 1.05 was just a small patch, and I haven't felt a lot of change. They still have a long way to go, but I'm certain we won't be left in the dark. We can't come here and vent...well we can, but not the way the majority of people do it. The best advice for anyone in the CoD forums is to not touch the caps lock, other than to start their sentences. Treyarch will listen, still listens and will one day get to it. The problems will always be there, there is no such thing as a perfect game, but that's nothing new. The community makes and destroys games, period. Give them time to breathe.

I recommend the shift key to start sentences thank you very much...

Signed,

Mavis Beacon
  • 78. Re: Patience is a Virtue, you whiny 12 year olds. VAHN RESPONDS
    colonel c.j.
    I do have to feel sorry for them we lost 60 bucks but they probably all lost there jobs on the next game.
  • 79. Re: Patience is a Virtue, you whiny 12 year olds. VAHN RESPONDS
    Brian.+

colonel c.j. wrote:

I do have to feel sorry for them we lost 60 bucks but they probably all lost there jobs on the next game.

1 billion dollars in sales so far says they didn't lol
1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next