36 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2012 2:21 PM by vileself RSS

I do not want to join a match in Progress

Treyarch, stop putting me in match already in progress where my team is already losing 110-0 before I join. To make it easy for you, never put me in match in progress. That could be a option that i activate ON/OFF through the options menu. Since this game came out, I have increased my skills and my K/D while my Win/Lose ration had gotten worse for the only reason that I keep joining this game already lost or almost. Also having me leaving the match and crediting me with a lose does not seem very fair to me because you never credit me with a win when my match is stopped while I was winning because of a Host connection interrupted problem !
I'm sure this issue must be the same for all those that roll by themselves most of the time as I do.
  • Re: I do not want to join a match in Progress
    Yeah, my W/L is .81 cause of this.
    SpawnKiller1
    It doesn't really matter unless the other team has a score of like 7300. I once joined a match and the match was already over showing everyone's KD for the match.

Sometimes you can make a huge comeback, so don't get all butthurt once you join a match like 200 - 1300
    yeah my w/l ratio has definately taken a hit due to lagging out and/or just backing out of games that I was placed into that were a lost cause.
    I have never backed out of so many games before. I agree with the option to be able to choose if you will join games in progress during the match making process. 
    I see you point, but if there were no suspended matches, it would be really hard to find one.
    iidarkshadowoo
    No, live with it. People would find it worse with matches that were closed. That means you wouldn't have the option to leave. You would have to stick around till the end. And if leave some other way like dashboarding, then you would probably be punished.
    ...wait, this system actually sounds good to me, seems Halo/Gears got something right.
    But this is a fast paced shooter, in and out, that's how people like it. (No pun) People want to have the ability to join session in progress, it's something they're used to, and something they expect since...ever.
    s-a-n-t-e-r-i-a
    So you want team imbalances of 7 v 5 or 8 v 3 for entire matches?

Because that sounds much more appealing...
    sk00ne

Jackel. wrote:

Yeah, my W/L is .81 cause of this.

Just stay in the match, take the loss like a man (or try to win) and stay in the lobby.
    I don't make more XP doing a great come back plus I'm not John Rambo.
    mmartin
    It's frustrating but it's a necessary evil. Like others said, I'd rather be thrown into a match in progress than start a 6 v 6 and have 3 people leave and have to finish it off 6 v 3. It's bad enough that people don't seem to join up in Black Ops as easily as they did in previous titles.

In the overall big picture, I think this is a stupid complaint unless you play 1 or 2 games per night. I'm mean, come on, who does that?
    i have limited time to play and I'd rather play full match. if a team quit then give the win to other players. As I suggested, I would like to have an option. This way, players that do not mind playing half matches can still join while in progress. Lately, I have just played too many incomplete  matches and I'm getting sick of it.
    ive said this before, but i'll say it again: when joining a match in progress the scoreboard should be shown, not the "choose a class" screen. this way players can view how bad the match is and back out before they take an inevitable loss.
    Big_Kid_Fun
    Completely agree. There should be an option somewhere. ESPECIALLY for objective modes. I always join Domination where we're always losing
    jaden198
    When joining a match, you can hit circle to back up from the choose your class screen.  You can then look at the scoreboard before deciding whether to enter the map.  It also comes in handy if you want to see if a nifty huey/dogs combo is raping the team you're about to join.  You can wait it out and join in when it's over.
    Someone in this post talks about balancing team by letting over players join in progress but how balance is a team being crushed by a Clan of 6 dudes above prestige +5 against 3 noobs and me ?
    LIGHTING-RED
    Every time i join a Sabotage match the opposing team already planted the bomb and the timer has like 5 second left THAT IS BS 3arc,Get your finger out of ur u know what and give us some changes with the money u robbed us!
    IAMMR.WIGGLES
    I don't think this has to be set either one way or the other.  I also don't have too much time to play so I would really like to make the games I play count, and starting at the beginning of the match is better because you have an idea of what's going on in the map, on top of the score being even.  I agree that there would be a lot of problems if you could not join a game in progress.  But doesn't BO already offer some filtering of local games?  This seems to be useless to me and is a great place for people to simply put a preference on whether or not they like joining games in progress.  If there are no fresh games for me to join thats fine, but if there are game lobbies filling up I'd rather join there     
    IAMMR.WIGGLES

jaden198 wrote:

When joining a match, you can hit circle to back up from the choose your class screen.  You can then look at the scoreboard before deciding whether to enter the map.  It also comes in handy if you want to see if a nifty huey/dogs combo is raping the team you're about to join.  You can wait it out and join in when it's over.

This seems like a handy thing to check, but my issue is that even if you don't select your class, if your team is set to lose because of the amount of time left or amount of score left, you're automatically taking a loss with nothing you can do about it.  I don't like it because it gives you no reason to try in those games if you're guaranteed a loss and you have no idea where anybody is.  its just annoying for my win/loss ratio and for all the time it takes for a game to load -_-
    Cpt. Apples
    I was about to make a thread just like this. I've been working my ass off to get my WL ratio to a positive 
    It's actually much tougher to get a positive W/L ratio when you roll by yourself than a positive K/D and the design of the game matchup and flaws make it even tougher. At least, do not get me a loss when i have not played the match for more than 1 minute. Many times I tried to play because I'm moved around from losing matches to losing matches and then I get tired of not playing so i give up and play but this is not fun...
    anoreo
    OP, look at the flip side. It is TDM, and your team is 4000-900. Everyone on the enemy team rage quits. So what, the winning team should just be expected to leave and get a loss too?
    Belgskuh
    They have to enable this else u would be getting teams heavily outnumbered directly after the start since nobody can join in...

What they should do is not allow any new ppl in the match or put them in wait like a few min before the match is about to end.

Of course on PC this would prob be quite impossible since we got no MM.
    Bio Syntax
    been a problem since cod4 and been a pc problem only for mw2. Had a 31 FFA win streak on MW2 ps3 and lost it cause I joined a match with 30 secs left. Why not a message like "Would You like to join this lobby? "With map and time into Game in message. Message would have a 5 second timeout or something like that.

s-a-n-t-e-r-i-a wrote:

Doesn't matter about the numbers on each team, last night in TDM it was me and this other guy vs the enemy team of 5 and we won
    anoreo

CoDobie23. wrote:

s-a-n-t-e-r-i-a wrote:

Doesn't matter about the numbers on each team, last night in TDM it was me and this other guy vs the enemy team of 5 and we won

lower amounts of team mates on TDM=higher chance to win
    weird-guy
    I don't really like it either, but I live with it.
    In sports with notion of games, when there is not enough players or a team quit, the other team get a win by forfait! This is what should be done. This way the team which is whooping as*sses get what it deserves. Also, players rage quitting should get a timer ban corresponding to the match they just left with a coefficient multiplier determined by treyarch if they tend to do it too often (At least they will get time to get some fresh air and have a drink  :lol) .
    have you seen karen?

ii darkshadow oO wrote:

No, live with it. People would find it worse with matches that were closed. That means you wouldn't have the option to leave. You would have to stick around till the end. And if leave some other way like dashboarding, then you would probably be punished.
    ...wait, this system actually sounds good to me, seems Halo/Gears got something right.
    But this is a fast paced shooter, in and out, that's how people like it. (No pun) People want to have the ability to join session in progress, it's something they're used to, and something they expect since...ever.

This being a fast paced shooter doesn't change anything. You SHOULD be punished for downing your team by one man mid game.
    flaming-b52
    Yeah, all I want is a choice. Maybe I do want to play. But when it drops me into a game on a stupid map I don't want to play, I have to sit there and wait for the thing to load before I can quit, and then I have to take the loss even though I never spawn. Meanwhile, I'm taking up that slot, locking out someone who might actually want to play.

The problem could be solved by presenting a list of possible games to join. Show me whether it's in progress, and if so, what map it's on and how much time is left. Let me pick. And, there's no point in allowing new players to join with less than a minute left in the game.

jaden198 wrote:

everyone knows this, but not everyone does it. people just want to get into a game quick so they choose a class and then realize they are in a losing effort. if my idea was implemented, you would have to back out to clear the scoreboard, hit start and choose a class. i just think players should see the scoreboard first when joining a match in progress.
    ghosthound

chmike14 wrote:

Treyarch, stop putting me in match already in progress where my team is already losing 110-0 before I join. To make it easy for you, never put me in match in progress. That could be a option that i activate ON/OFF through the options menu. Since this game came out, I have increased my skills and my K/D while my Win/Lose ration had gotten worse for the only reason that I keep joining this game already lost or almost. Also having me leaving the match and crediting me with a lose does not seem very fair to me because you never credit me with a win when my match is stopped while I was winning because of a Host connection interrupted problem !
    I'm sure this issue must be the same for all those that roll by themselves most of the time as I do.

Just don't spawn in.

If you do, you have to accept the consequences.
    yeah it's super annoying. i usually spectate before picking classes to see if my team is actually trying.
    if so, then i usually join in
    ShowbizZombie
    Well I don't want games where it's 2v2 the entire time, so join match in progress.
    A Ninjakitty

chmike14 wrote:

How about people stop backing out like little girls so no one has to worry about being stuck in a session that's already in progress? It's just a annoying on my end when I get an SR-71 or Chopper and all but one or two have backed out.

If it was just for one match and then you stayed in that lobby it owuld not be so bad, but what is really bad is that I can play a match and then during the intermission I just get dumped in to a match that is already underway. It happens too often forit just to be bacuse that lobby is closed and it makes it difficult to complete challenges etc when this keeps happening.

So they need to address the issue you raised which probably means they won't because it might mean spending money that could eat in to their profits.

iCarlyPro

Yeah, well, DVon @ Treyarch already said that matchmaking will not change how the server chooses the matches. Whatever slot in a team is open, then that is where you'll end up playing with.

One thought is, if you are carefull about your W/L ratio, then don't join matches in progress and just wait till an open lobby fills up. It will take time, but that's the only way to keep your ratio from going down.

Another thought...maybe in the next Black Ops then can add an option to start matchmaking at an open lobby just like you can choose Locale Only and such. Well, what are thoughts on this people?

vileself

I also NEVER want to get put into a match in progress. Unless I decide to join a friends match thats in progress I never want to be put into a game thats already ongoing. Even if it started a few seconds ago and theres no score... I dont want to be in it. Id rather wait for a new lobby to be available or wait for that game to end.

Im sick of joining games and getting my KDR butchered because some other douches gave the enemies a few killstreaks then they dashboard and I have to take their place to deal with the concequences. Not to mention I get a loss added to my record when I wasnt even the one who was defeated. Its bull. Stop it!