8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2011 6:06 PM by Anthony Lucas RSS

So When are you taking out AK74u?

deakon45287
well i just hate the face that every game im in half the people are using Ak74u's with Grip or rapid fire. the gun is way to accurate as it is. and then give it grip? i see people die all the way across the map with someone just hipfiring with AK-74u With grip. basically gives them Steady Aim. damn. How bout you make it so they cant have grips or rapid fire for The Ak74u? that would make everything balanced. i know theirs alot of AK74u fanboys who arent good at the game who are going to read this and think that im some sort of retard. listen to this. it was 3 0 search and destroy. someone pulls out Ak74u, he sprays like a mofo. gets half their team in less then a minute? please Get rid of atleast the Rapid fire/ Grip for the gun. its very irritating. having this much BS in the game, it realy is the new MP-40. that was a huge problem in WaW that you guys didnt even mind patching. i hope you do it with this gun.
  • Re: So When are you taking out AK74u?

    deakon45287 wrote:

     

    well i just hate the face that every game im in half the people are using Ak74u's with Grip or rapid fire. the gun is way to accurate as it is. and then give it grip? i see people die all the way across the map with someone just hipfiring with AK-74u With grip. basically gives them Steady Aim. damn. How bout you make it so they cant have grips or rapid fire for The Ak74u? that would make everything balanced. i know theirs alot of AK74u fanboys who arent good at the game who are going to read this and think that im some sort of retard. listen to this. it was 3 0 search and destroy. someone pulls out Ak74u, he sprays like a mofo. gets half their team in less then a minute? please Get rid of atleast the Rapid fire/ Grip for the gun. its very irritating. having this much BS in the game, it realy is the new MP-40. that was a huge problem in WaW that you guys didnt even mind patching. i hope you do it with this gun.



    how many threads must we see about this?  I highly doubt anyone is getting hip fired across the map.

    If you lose to someone across the map using the Ak74u and your using an assault rifle then you sir are the bad player.
  • Re: So When are you taking out AK74u?
    halfaspoon

    pmpinaintez11 wrote:

     


    how many threads must we see about this?  I highly doubt anyone is getting hip fired across the map.

    If you lose to someone across the map using the Ak74u and your using an assault rifle then you sir are the bad player.



    Honestly i walked into an FFA with a rapid fire/steady aim combo on it, i won going 30-6. without aiming down my sights. got a couple longshots. yea its a problem.
  • Re: So When are you taking out AK74u?
    mdub

    HalfaSpoon wrote:

     

    pmpinaintez11 wrote:

     


    how many threads must we see about this?  I highly doubt anyone is getting hip fired across the map.

    If you lose to someone across the map using the Ak74u and your using an assault rifle then you sir are the bad player.



    Honestly i walked into an FFA with a rapid fire/steady aim combo on it, i won going 30-6. without aiming down my sights. got a couple longshots. yea its a problem.


    Since I dont even use the 74u, I can testify that this can be done with any SMG in Black Ops. Have you ever tried the Uzi with steady aim? Absolutely ridiculous.
  • Re: So When are you taking out AK74u?
    Anthony Lucas
    you have two posts about this jeez guy lay off the crack its bad for you they cant get rid of a gun dude its embedded in the game its like removing a perk or killstreak its not possible good god.
  • Re: So When are you taking out AK74u?
    iidarkshadowoo
    Why take out something that isn't gamebreaking?
  • Re: So When are you taking out AK74u?
    TheCharmingOne
    Okay, how many of these threads do we have to go through?  I've seen dozens of these created every week, and it's come down to a point to where I'm extremely agitated by this.  If you're going to create a thread, have the patience and decency to look through several pages to see if someone else has created a thread similar to yours.  /rant

    Now, onto the more civilized aspect of this post, the AK-74u is not over-powered.  The only reason why people think it is is because of two main reasons:

    1.  A lot of people are starting to use it.

    When the majority of people start to use a gun, the players who are getting slaughtered by it tend to think that the gun is over-powered because the the mass majority are using it.  However, this isn't the case in all weaponry/equipment/etc.  Perhaps the people who were getting slaughtered by the weapon were running into a battle blindly and got hit in three different directions.  It's called strategy; you don't blindly run into a building with your head up your rear end thinking, "DUUUH!  I'MA SHOOT YOU!"

    2.  It's the most powerful sub-machine gun.

    This is true in every aspect, and when one weapon starts to stand out above the rest as "more powerful", people immediately label it as being "over-powered".  This just isn't true, however.  The AK-74u is a gun that is extremely useful at the level at which it's unlocked and can be used for various situations (this could attribute to the mass amount of people using it).  Also, the gun is an extremely powerful one that can give the lower leveled player an even playing field with higher leveled people at times, but that only accounts to how skilled the player is as well.

    I do agree with you on one point, though.  The grip for the AK-74u needs to go.  Once you slap on a grip to the AK-74u, that's when the gun starts to get over-powered, and, most of all, that's when people start to complain and post threads on the forums like the one I'm replying to right now.  If Treyarch did, in fact, take out the grip, I'd expect a dramatic fall in the use of the AK-74u and a dramatic rise in other weapons.

    However, the rapid fire attachment should stay in the game.  Mainly because if you put on the rapid fire attachment to the AK-74u and try to fire at someone at mid-to-long range, you'll miss your mark more often than not.  The accuracy of the gun greatly declines once that attachment gets slapped on to the weapon.
  • Re: So When are you taking out AK74u?
    The 74u is a gun like any other. It's in the game for you, me and him to use.
    If you are getting owned by it, sorry, its your fault not the guns.

    Get some skills.
  • Re: So When are you taking out AK74u?
    Anthony Lucas

    es oner wrote:

     

    The 74u is a gun like any other. It's in the game for you, me and him to use.
    If you are getting owned by it, sorry, its your fault not the guns.

    Get some skills.



    Amen