18 Replies Latest reply: Jul 22, 2013 8:27 AM by Izjar11 RSS

Ideas for the next COD

MoNaRcH40
It seems a new title is pumped out every year and IMO I like the Modern Warfare theme (MW - MW2 - B-Ops), but what would you like to see in the next title ?

Here are a couple quick thoughts:

1. More interaction with the map. Like....
- Opening and closing doors
- C4 (or other high explosive) may blow open a wall or collapse a small building
- Some really dark locations that require NVG's
- Something like Jungle (Black OPS map) with a deeper stream and you can hold your breath for a limited time
- Maybe Urban Environment, with other people (non-player characters) hiding and running for cover....  of course there is a penalty for shooting them. But it might slow down those with itchy trigger fingers.... like in HC.
- What about the ability to "Play Dead" or After killing an enemy....  you put on their Uniform and look like an enemy ?
- Some locations you can rappel down (or up) buildings and enter through windows, normally unreachable ?
- Perhaps one or two really BIG maps, that either forces you to use Tac Insert or is intended for almost solely Sniper Rifle use.

2. Theme..... hmmmmm,
- Maybe something like Aliens with Space Marines; really dark foreign location... like another planet?  (Not another Halo, but a little more futuristic)
- Perhaps based on S.E.A.L. or other Anti-Terrorist Combat
- Maybe like S.W.A.T., a more urban combat.... Law Enforcement on a drug bust
- (This one is a stretch) Imagine a mix of games rolled into one. I like the stealthy missions like in Splinter Cell, maybe the ability to walk amongst other civilians in disguise, like Assassins Creed 2 Brotherhood..... you don't know who your enemy is until they make their move. Tons of possibilities here....  I don't know how far "We" COD fans would want to stray away from open combat.

3. Mission / Game Ideas... like Single player missions meet Multiplayer, team vs team
- Like in Halo.... VIP game mode... where you have to protect the VIP from the assaulting team or free hostages.
- Large Scale War ....  where there are NPC's running around, tanks, other combat vehicles, etc..

Ok, I wrote enough......... lets hear your ideas ?
  • Re: Ideas for the next COD

MoNaRcH40 wrote:

It seems a new title is pumped out every year and IMO I like the Modern Warfare theme (MW - MW2 - B-Ops), but what would you like to see in the next title ?

Here are a couple quick thoughts:

1. More interaction with the map. Like....
    - Opening and closing doors
    - C4 (or other high explosive) may blow open a wall or collapse a small building
    - Some really dark locations that require NVG's
    - Something like Jungle (Black OPS map) with a deeper stream and you can hold your breath for a limited time
    - Maybe Urban Environment, with other people (non-player characters) hiding and running for cover....  of course there is a penalty for shooting them. But it might slow down those with itchy trigger fingers.... like in HC.
    - What about the ability to "Play Dead" or After killing an enemy....  you put on their Uniform and look like an enemy ?
    - Some locations you can rappel down (or up) buildings and enter through windows, normally unreachable ?
    - Perhaps one or two really BIG maps, that either forces you to use Tac Insert or is intended for almost solely Sniper Rifle use.

2. Theme..... hmmmmm,
    - Maybe something like Aliens with Space Marines; really dark foreign location... like another planet?  (Not another Halo, but a little more futuristic)
    - Perhaps based on S.E.A.L. or other Anti-Terrorist Combat
    - Maybe like S.W.A.T., a more urban combat.... Law Enforcement on a drug bust
    - (This one is a stretch) Imagine a mix of games rolled into one. I like the stealthy missions like in Splinter Cell, maybe the ability to walk amongst other civilians in disguise, like Assassins Creed 2 Brotherhood..... you don't know who your enemy is until they make their move. Tons of possibilities here....  I don't know how far "We" COD fans would want to stray away from open combat.

3. Mission / Game Ideas... like Single player missions meet Multiplayer, team vs team
    - Like in Halo.... VIP game mode... where you have to protect the VIP from the assaulting team or free hostages.
    - Large Scale War ....  where there are NPC's running around, tanks, other combat vehicles, etc..

Ok, I wrote enough......... lets hear your ideas ?

You lost me at Space Marines. Keep CoD realistic plz.
    On that note, I especially like the idea of an urban environment with AI civilians. That would be fun. 
    Also like the destructible buildings like in BFBC2. I don't like the idea of taking uniforms.
    As for a sniper only map, that would be better off as a game mode. Some people don't EVER snipe and would be ill-prepared. I've been sniping since forever, and would be VERY pissed if i lose only because some idiot who only has a SMG keeps getting sniped. So if it was it's own game-mode most people would be serious snipers.

WelshDarkWolf
    I like the VIP idea however i think more of a behemoth from ghost Recon would be more enjoyable for of FFA. And i Like the idea of having an objective based game for rescuing hostages but it almost is to much CS for me.
    I want another WWII CoD. CoD1 remake anyone?
    Some good ideas Monarch. They really just need to find a new age engine to use.
    SoylentBob
    What was wrong with Off Subject - COD Future Titles ?
    Was it too far down the page? 1-2-3 and that's the limit? Too many thread titles burning into your head?
    That would be if you even bothered to check.
    Yes, it was a repeat topic, so, for most of us, it's a stupid thread, but you repeated that repeat within an hour!
    Dude what can't count to four is designing the next great video game.
    http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm212/SoylentBob/countingFAIL.jpg

http://www.callofduty.com/board/search.php?f=24

someone is grumpy today.

ficko88 wrote:

WW2 game you say?

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/100400636
    oreoLover6
    The idea where you play dead: 
    Futuristic CoD:  
    Everything else : 
    snafuperman
    tits every where!
    weird-guy
    I think some of the interaction ideas are good.
    Peter P11c

ficko88 wrote:

You get my vote on this one. This Cold war stuff is getting boring real fast.
    Byzantine Bomb
    I'm down for rappelling and bigger maps buddy!
    Peter P11c
    Add to the wish list: a complete thoroughly tested game with no bugs, lag and glitches.
    SoylentBob

hqWeedEater wrote:

:^:  someone is grumpy today.

Yesterday was Taco Tuesday.
    Monday was the holiday.

reaper2792

SoylentBob wrote:

hqWeedEater wrote:

:^:  someone is grumpy today.

Yesterday was Taco Tuesday.
    Monday was the holiday.

and today just sucks.

what you said is great and would be awesone but i am getting tired of the guns in all the games i think its time to think of some new guns

also a new game theme that is set in the olden days eg. before world war 1. The cival war would be awesome just the two side fighting against each other, something like that.

Izjar11

You have a good imagination guy,