1 224 225 226 227 228 Previous Next 2,275 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2012 11:56 PM by TheGreatestDane Go to original post RSS
  • 2,260. Re: Some games I'm a full second behind what my enemy sees.
    CER12588
    I only have lag when I have a terrible connection.  I dont want to get tanked for saying this but is it possible you guys have a poor/cheap router?  We got one at my house and every couple of days it bugs out.  Furthermore are you sure you are not just getting a terrible connection rate?  Check speedtest.net.  Your ISP may not be providing you with what they are supposed to be and you could receive funds back.
  • 2,261. Re: Some games I'm a full second behind what my enemy sees.

CER12588 wrote:

I only have lag when I have a terrible connection.  I dont want to get tanked for saying this but is it possible you guys have a poor/cheap router?  We got one at my house and every couple of days it bugs out.  Furthermore are you sure you are not just getting a terrible connection rate?  Check speedtest.net.  Your ISP may not be providing you with what they are supposed to be and you could receive funds back.

No, that is not possible.

I have the best of everything connection-wise. I have Comcast's most premium package (gaming package) and have an excellent modem and router. I paid top dollar for my equipment and continue to do so with my internet service to ensure a great connection.

I've been an XBL member since 04' and have never, EVER had connection problems playing ANY online games. Always 4-bar, sometimes 3. Always had a perfect connection playing CoD2, Gears of War, Halo, CoD4, MW2, WaW, etc.  Then Black Ops comes along and I'm plagued with red bar connections and choppiness on the daily. Even when I'm 4bar, I'm delayed anywhere from a half-full second.

JD has already stated that BO is the first COD to feature this kind of lag compensation system. It isn't our equipment, it's Treyarch. Then again, JD says we're imagining all of it. Right. I'm just imagining seeing killcams of myself moronically running into groups of people and getting mowed down without firing a shot, when on my playscreen, something completely different was happening. I'm just imagining being delayed by 0.5 - 1 second.
  • 2,262. Re: Some games I'm a full second behind what my enemy sees.

CER12588 wrote:

Where were you 200+ pages ago? You could have saved us all this trouble if only we had thought of this! </sarcasm>

I'm kind of shocked this discussion is still going, actually...but the problem is a combination of hamfisted lag compensation when you've got a better ping than the median for the lobby, and haphazard matchmaking that doesn't really care much about taking ping times into consideration. The matchmaking thing is mostly a huge problem is you're playing in a party, and your friends don't all use the same network provider as you do.

I'm guessing that when the game first came out, and matchmaking was basically broken if you were in a party, they implemented some "fix" that lowered the standards for a good match. That let people in parties get connected faster, but in lower quality matches. I can see how that was a good, quick, band-aid for the first week or two the game was out, but it should have been properly addressed by now. If it were, I don't think the lag compensation would be as big of a deal as it is now.

Despite this, there are times when the game is just fine, and is actually fun. I'm just waiting for them to be as lazy with filtering out people who don't have map packs as they were with World at War. If not buying the map pack makes it so that I'm kicked out of the lobby 90% of the time, then I'll probably mail the broken disc back to Treyarch, along with photo's of me paying off a voodoo lady in New Orleans to put a curse on Bobby Kotic, JD_2020, and Vonderhaar.  Might be extreme, but that's how I roll.
  • 2,263. Re: Some games I'm a full second behind what my enemy sees.
    Drunken Ninja

ZombieReagan wrote:

If not buying the map pack makes it so that I'm kicked out of the lobby 90% of the time, then I'll probably mail the broken disc back to Treyarch, along with photo's of me paying off a voodoo lady in New Orleans to put a curse on Bobby Kotic, JD_2020, and Vonderhaar.  Might be extreme, but that's how I roll.

• 2,264. Re: Some games I'm a full second behind what my enemy sees.
    BriarNinja
    I'm too lazy and non-photoshop talented to enhance this to say what I truly want it to say...

"I Can't Believe It's Not Buttery Smooth!"

http://blisstree.com/files/2010/02/butterlogo.jpg

Last night was ridiculously bad, I love how a 0.6 K/D ratio guy (lifetime) can smoke you every single time you go F2F.

I also love how I land in games where I die 15 times and 11 of them are from the same guy because he's just ridiculously untouchable because he has enough time to make a sandwich and brew his own beer to wash it down between the time he sees and kills me.

A(nother) great reminder of why I'm not spending a dime on the new DLC until this disaster they call a multiplayer online game is fixed.
  • 2,265. Re: Some games I'm a full second behind what my enemy sees.
    DVDF Benny
    In the words of a fellow gamer, "this game is just from one extreme to the other", which couldn't be more describing for this game. Either you are in god mode, or you're not able to kill a god damn thing. I don't have a PVR, but only now realized that I should've started taking pictures of the after match scoreboard a long time ago. It wouldn't be proof of anything, but would clearly show how ridiculously lopsided most of the games are, and that theres always that one guy totally outnumbering the rest of lobby, it's so easy to spot who's at the good end of the lag compensation.

It sure is strange going from a friends list full of COD players having to reject tons of requests to join party only to be able to get maybe 4-5 people together for a game of Black Ops, even during weekends 
  • 2,266. Re: Some games I'm a full second behind what my enemy sees.
    BriarNinja
    A good number of my friends have stopped playing altogether and moved on to other games.
    Pretty much the same, down to 3 or 4 that play somewhat regularly at this point.
    Definitely frustrating, I'm at the point where I'm looking forward to getting a new FPS and being done with this game.
    When it's running well, it's great...when it's not...it sucks pretty damn bad, enough to make you not want to play at all.
  • 2,267. Re: Some games I'm a full second behind what my enemy sees.

Mogwai Warrior wrote:

It's not my connection and it's not lag that you can see. Some games I'll do awesome and to be quite honest I know it has to do with some sort of lag that the game is not showing you because sometimes guys come up on me first and I know he's got the drop on me, but I still wind up killing him probably when I shouldn't have. Then I have other games when the tide has turned against me. I have had times where the enemy is running up a hill and the only reason I know he is there is because I can see his red gamertag at the top of his head, so I already have my sights aimed on him, but I die first. I then look at the kill cam and from his point of view he is already fully up the hill and it looks like I'm just staring at him not doing a damn thing. I've had times where I have glanced out a window for no more than a second, but on the kill cam it looks like I am just walking in front of the window and then I'm just standing there. This game is just so inconsistent. Some good games, some bad. When this game is not laggy it's the best COD yet, but when it's bad it's probably the most frustrating online game I have ever played.

Posted by p0rk torNad0:

I have the exactly same problem OP...some games it feels like I'm a step ahead of EVERYONE on the other team and I drop them the moment they poke their head out with maybe a single return shot grazing me. I'll have an overall good game, hit detection feels accurate and crisp, and my KD will be 3+.

Then there's games where it feels like I'm a step behind EVERYONE on the other team. It takes more bullets in general to kill people, I get owned by people I blatantly got the drop on. I eat the dirt the moment I round a corner without even seeing someone. Hit detection is delayed or non existent. Etc. etc.

Yea sometimes you're facing a better team and things happen but going from 3+ KD to .5 or lower in the next lobby and nothing seems to be going your way....yea something is definitely up. It's not even a fluke, it fluctuates like this from game to game every day, all day.

I go from spot on shots dropping people like they're supposed to, to emptying half a clip into someones brain bucket before they turn around, shoot me twice, and I keel over.

i saw this topic 3 weeks ago.  i didnt mind it.  till this weekend.  sunday = wth  every ffa i played  i would get the drop on someone and then only to have him 2 shot me.  in one headquarter game this guy kept  seeming like he was pre firing me and my whole team in a hq match. however he was host so i believe thats normal.  they get mad tho when you tell them to geta new host apperently  lol. 

i dont get treyarch logic.  we patch a week old issuse  (gold guns) but we  wont fix the netcode/lag.  and dont say its my connection cause i can play ANY other online game on my 360 psp  ps3 or wii  without  lag on my part
  • 2,268. Re: Some games I'm a full second behind what my enemy sees.
    Drunken Ninja

BriarNinja wrote:

A good number of my friends have stopped playing altogether and moved on to other games.
    Pretty much the same, down to 3 or 4 that play somewhat regularly at this point.
    Definitely frustrating, I'm at the point where I'm looking forward to getting a new FPS and being done with this game.
    When it's running well, it's great...when it's not...it sucks pretty damn bad, enough to make you not want to play at all.

I'm eagerly waiting for wednesday when breach comes out. Graphics might not be up to MW2 but then again BO isn't either. But theres a new engine with full destruction and degrading capabilities, a lot of fun perks, 5 maps +1 that get's unlocked later and serious gamemodes.
    all that for 1200 MS points!!! since it's xbl arcade you might give it a try.
    tomorrow i'm going to check out crysis 2 but i read a bunch of bad previews and halo-gameplay + ea servers doesn't sound that promising.
    and I'm going to get dead space 2. i don't care about the mp though but it'll be a decent campaign again.
  • 2,269. Re: Some games I'm a full second behind what my enemy sees.
    iif0xh0undii
    Due to the consistent issues and conspiracy theories this thread has produced it will be locked. This is not the fault of any particular person but of those involved entirely. The thread will not be deleted and the information within it will be preserved.