14 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2011 2:42 PM by 008-Josh RSS

My Final Farewell...........

TheJfather1
The time has finally come for me to retire from Cod. Maybe im just burned out on shooters in general because i hated the Crysis 2 demo, but to me BO just got old very, very fast. Nothing to do in MP cause you unlock whatever you  want. I liked having to get headshots to get camos or kills for attachments. The CP system blew my mind when i heard about it, but in practice, not so much. The campaign was good but to short, and zombies was to similar to WaW to make me want to play again and again. This game (and series) just isnt working for me anymore.

Now i was just puttin my thoughts out before i leave these forums and series for good, so no need for the "if you dont like it, dont compain about it" or whatever because ive made up my mind and i am done, gonna get my $30 for returning it this weekend

And to make me feel better, this year will make me never think of Cod again
1. Lbp2
2. Mass Effect 2 (i mainly game on PS3 so i hadnt played it until now)
3. Dead Space 2
4. MvC 3
5. Bulletstorm
6. Killzone 3
7. Pokemon (yes, i still think its fun)
8. Crysis 2
9. Portal 2
10. Resistance 3 (still on the fence, idk if ill buy it)
11. Rage
12. Uncharted 3
13. Skyrim (ZOMG)
14. Arkham City
15. Battlefield 3 (major win)
16. Mass Effect 3

So in conclusion, so long CoD, you wont miss me.
Also, Ban Me just to give finality  
  • Re: My Final Farewell...........
    andyr00222
    you hated the crysis 2 demo, so you're buying crysis 2? (number 8)
    TheJfather1

andyr00222 wrote:

you hated the crysis 2 demo, so you're buying crysis 2? (number 8)

still givin it a chance for single player, lol didnt say that
    meddlex
    Thought you were gone.....
    asasa
    Half of those games will suck on consoles..

And Battlefield 3 wont be on consoles at all

Thank God.
    KernelBean10
    I'll put 50 bucks on it right now you don't quit...A lot of people say they do, but actually they don't..It's all talk
    TheJfather1

KernelBean10 wrote:

I'll put 50 bucks on it right now you don't quit...A lot of people say they do, but actually they don't..It's all talk

to reply to the post above this, im just on lookin at the comments just for kicks.

to this post, yes i quit 2 weeks ago cause of LBP2 and Mass Effect, which i plan on playing for a long, long time. Dead space is fun also. On our basketball team, some juniors still play BO and talk about it, and we make fun of them for it. I know its their opinion, but its fun 
    Spyroul

TheJfather1 wrote:

The time has finally come for me to retire from Cod. Maybe im just burned out on shooters in general because i hated the Crysis 2 demo, but to me BO just got old very, very fast. Nothing to do in MP cause you unlock whatever you  want. I liked having to get headshots to get camos or kills for attachments. The CP system blew my mind when i heard about it, but in practice, not so much. The campaign was good but to short, and zombies was to similar to WaW to make me want to play again and again. This game (and series) just isnt working for me anymore.

Now i was just puttin my thoughts out before i leave these forums and series for good, so no need for the "if you dont like it, dont compain about it" or whatever because ive made up my mind and i am done, gonna get my $30 for returning it this weekend

And to make me feel better, this year will make me never think of Cod again
    1. Lbp2
    2. Mass Effect 2 (i mainly game on PS3 so i hadnt played it until now)
    3. Dead Space 2
    4. MvC 3
    5. Bulletstorm
    6. Killzone 3
    7. Pokemon (yes, i still think its fun)
    8. Crysis 2
    9. Portal 2
    10. Resistance 3 (still on the fence, idk if ill buy it)
    11. Rage
    12. Uncharted 3
    13. Skyrim (ZOMG)
    14. Arkham City
    15. Battlefield 3 (major win)
    16. Mass Effect 3

So in conclusion, so long CoD, you wont miss me.
    Also, Ban Me just to give finality  

You'll be missed man
    KernelBean10
    There were over 1 million people on black ops the day the map pack came out, just on the xbox. Are you going to make fun of all them? Do you think treyarch, or anyone cares you are quitting? Honestly no..So the point of this post, is, well pointless.
    ThatDutchIdiot

KernelBean10 wrote:

There were over 1 million people on black ops the day the map pack came out, just on the xbox. Are you going to make fun of all them? Do you think treyarch, or anyone cares you are quitting? Honestly no..So the point of this post, is, well pointless.

At release night there were 3 million players online on the xbox on Black Ops.

They sold 10 million xbox versions during the night and 1 million people bought an xbox special for Black Ops

On-topic > Let's all try that we care!

OH NOES GOODBAI
    TheJfather1

KernelBean10 wrote:

i knew this was coming, i said its good fun just because me and my friends are all sick of BO. It may be pointless to you but this is going to be my last thread, and pretty much my last time on the forums, i might just look at whats going on every now and then when another map pack or something is coming out just to see your reactions to how bad a job treyarch did, how much money it is, etc.
    happyfunrun
    Are you serious... Is he freakin serious.  HA HA. I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU! If you honestly think that ALL of those games above are even close to being as good as BO, I again feel sorry for you.  Treyarch is a quality developer that spends time and effort in there games, and are not all caught up in money, and instead are trying to make us happy.  Infinity Ward (It discusts me even to type their name) are the total opposite.  They literally spend like 30 seconds making a game, then just hype everyone up to buy it.  (Ok maybe not 30 seconds but its not very long, maybe like 8 months tops)  Once the games out, IW just forgets about it and starts caring about there money, and care for there cash in strollers and cradles, and kiss it goodnight and love it as if they gave friggin birth to it.  Then they come back for like a week, make two map packs, and then repeat the money process all over again.  They never patch their games AT ALL.  I have a friend who still plays MW2 (I sold mine) and he told me that they came out with an update. It blew me away because that truly is a first.  I feel sorry for myself for ever giving my money to those retards at IW. 
    DICE is the same way, after BC2 I promised myself I would never buy one of their games again.  Activision are money pigs too. Thus, I even hesitate to buy a 3arc game cause I know half of the cash is going to Those Pigs at activision.  Anyway, if you can't see the beauty in BO, I again fell sorry for you. Or not.
    strategist

HappyFunRun wrote:

Are you serious... Is he freakin serious.  HA HA. I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU! If you honestly think that ALL of those games above are even close to being as good as BO, I again feel sorry for you.  Treyarch is a quality developer that spends time and effort in there games, and are not all caught up in money, and instead are trying to make us happy.  Infinity Ward (It discusts me even to type their name) are the total opposite.  They literally spend like 30 seconds making a game, then just hype everyone up to buy it.  (Ok maybe not 30 seconds but its not very long, maybe like 8 months tops)  Once the games out, IW just forgets about it and starts caring about there money, and care for there cash in strollers and cradles, and kiss it goodnight and love it as if they gave friggin birth to it.  Then they come back for like a week, make two map packs, and then repeat the money process all over again.  They never patch their games AT ALL.  I have a friend who still plays MW2 (I sold mine) and he told me that they came out with an update. It blew me away because that truly is a first.  I feel sorry for myself for ever giving my money to those retards at IW. 
    DICE is the same way, after BC2 I promised myself I would never buy one of their games again.  Activision are money pigs too. Thus, I even hesitate to buy a 3arc game cause I know half of the cash is going to Those Pigs at activision.  Anyway, if you can't see the beauty in BO, I again fell sorry for you. Or not.

you are the biggest ******* idiot i have seen.
    BRITISHARMY911

asasa wrote:

Half of those games will suck on consoles..

And Battlefield 3 wont be on consoles at all

Thank God.

Wrong, you get a beta invite for xbox in the medal of honor box
    008-Josh
    Uncharted 3 is going to be awesome!! if they make a cod this year i sure as heck won't be buying it....there will be way better games to play