45 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2012 1:20 AM by 2ndlt.colt RSS

Camper's point of view.

iivrruummii
I am a great camper.  I love to camp.  I am a great team player, I use Spyplanes and Counter-SP and Blackbirds to support my teammates.  I rather win than have a good k/d.  Camping use to be more of a strategy to win, but people have turned it into something that everyone hates.  Now camping started a long time ago, and people have turned into the bad type campers over the years, because they are selfish.  Bad camping is what most people do, because they play by themselves, or don't care about other teammates.  While good campers can win a match of CTF by controlling a flag routes thus killing the flag carriers whenever the oposition grabs the flag.  They can win TDM by pushing the opostion into a certain spawn and start killing them off the spawn(most of the time it takes a team).  A good camper can also keep people off of objectives in Dom and Demo or give cover to teammates that are trying to capture or destroy the objective.  A good team of campers can win games with ease and spawn kill for killstreaks.  Spawn killing is one of the best ways to win in any game type.  Camping your spawn is what I do, and I do it well.

k/d- 2.26 with 30,000 kills
w/l- 1.66 with 1700 wins
Over 3500 Spyplanes, 1500 Counter-SP and 400 Blackbirds.
Perks I use Ghost,Scavenger; SoH, Warlord; Hacker,Ninja.

Camping is a strategy for good people, not selfishness for bad.

PS: I love people that try to get revenge, it makes me laugh because I kill you again, stupid noobs.
  • Re: Camper's point of view.
    ONDAROCKS1
    The people who complain are the people who suck...and lots of them suck. Its funny ill shoot someone then they run back to the same spot....then BANG they die...and what do they do again...COME BACK . People are stupid.
  • Re: Camper's point of view.
    Kukkolfkambo

    II Vrruumm II wrote:

     

    PS: I love people that try to get revenge, it makes me laugh because I kill you again, stupid noobs.



    Wanna hear you say that when my frag dumps down next to ya:P
    Haha, camp all you want and i'll hunt you down and smear your insides on the walls in that corner, thanks to my flying explosives! Bye,bye!

    Btw, don't forget your tent and compass...
  • Re: Camper's point of view.
    iivrruummii
    Btw I don't stand in the same spot I kill you.
  • Re: Camper's point of view.
    Kukkolfkambo
    Yes, you do! I can smell the bonfire:p
  • Re: Camper's point of view.
    Increment
    WORD!

    If you want to have a tactical approach to Team Elimination Campers Pampers or Marinating Mary is a must.
    They provide valuable Intel; obviously neutralize Tangos from distance and maintaining their position letting All Guns Blazing Bobby run straight into their barrel.
    A strong Clan is a colorful blend of good campers, sneakers and run ‘n gunners all rolled into one.

    There is no “I” in Team
  • Re: Camper's point of view.
    Kukkolfkambo
    But there's a ME if you shuffle the letters a bit...?
  • Re: Camper's point of view.
    you said you'd rather win then take a good k/d, then post your stats at the bottom.
    looks like to me that you camp to boost you k/d imo
  • Re: Camper's point of view.
    greencoffin72
    I think you are wrong.  Here is what a camper sees:

    Door, door, door, enemy, door, door, door, door, door, door, enemy!, door, door, door, door, door, door, window, door, door, door, claymore goes off, door, door, door, enemy!, door, grenade/RPG.  Respawn....FTW right?  

    FAIL....
  • Re: Camper's point of view.
    codchamp
    For being a spawn camper who says he likes to win. Your 1.6 W/L is pretty shitty...Just sayin
  • Re: Camper's point of view.
    Kukkolfkambo

    codchamp wrote:

     

    For being a spawn camper who says he likes to win. Your 1.6 W/L is pretty shitty...Just sayin



    And there he left! Bye,bye,birdie!
  • Re: Camper's point of view.
    1.6 w/l... what do you dashboard right before you're about to lose? Any of you people that have that high of a w/l is crazy. Im probably one of the best cod black ops  players on here and i can get past .80... they do put you in game with a 120 pt defecit or 30 kill defecit in tdm. IT just lame w/l means nothing. I have a 2.28 kd with a 280 pt per minute in domination. 400 in search and destroy. and i dont camp like your prepubescent ass.
  • Re: Camper's point of view.
    codchamp

    tomtom90 wrote:

     

    1.6 w/l... what do you dashboard right before you're about to lose? Any of you people that have that high of a w/l is crazy. Im probably one of the best cod black ops  players on here and i can get past .80... they do put you in game with a 120 pt defecit or 30 kill defecit in tdm. IT just lame w/l means nothing. I have a 2.28 kd with a 280 pt per minute in domination. 400 in search and destroy. and i dont camp like your prepubescent ass.



    LOL 1.6 W/L is patheticlly low and for you to accuse him of dashboarding is great. You have a .80 W/L what do you do quit every game that doesnt go your way?  Just to throw this out there i have a 10.00+ W/L and no i dont camp, dashboard or ever, ever quit a game.
  • Re: Camper's point of view.

    codchamp wrote:

     

    tomtom90 wrote:

     

    1.6 w/l... what do you dashboard right before you're about to lose? Any of you people that have that high of a w/l is crazy. Im probably one of the best cod black ops  players on here and i can get past .80... they do put you in game with a 120 pt defecit or 30 kill defecit in tdm. IT just lame w/l means nothing. I have a 2.28 kd with a 280 pt per minute in domination. 400 in search and destroy. and i dont camp like your prepubescent ass.



    LOL 1.6 W/L is patheticlly low and for you to accuse him of dashboarding is great. You have a .80 W/L what do you do quit every game that doesnt go your way?  Just to throw this out there i have a 10.00+ W/L and no i dont camp, dashboard or ever, ever quit a game.


    I have a life so i cant be sitting from start to finish with every new game, i come in and log on to a game.. it puts me in one im about to lose... thats how my w/l is so low. And i dont even care if i win or lose because im 12 prestige and i cant help if half the black ops community cant even get past a 2kd
  • Re: Camper's point of view.
    CorsterIceHold

    II Vrruumm II wrote:

     



    PS: I love people that try to get revenge, it makes me laugh because I kill you again, stupid noobs.



    Yeah, caught a camper yesterday who tried doing something similar to me. I think the "good campers" move away from the original kill spot, at least a few feet a way. This guy last night killed me and I knew exactly where he was. I also knew he'd probably be waiting for someone to have revenge so I went to the other side of the wall where I knew he was and shot him through the wall. What's even funnier is that through the whole game he kept going back to the exact same spot to camp and I would just go over and shoot him through the wall again. I'm normally one of the worst players when the scorelist comes up at the end but thanks to this guy I actually got #1 for once.

    I, personally, don't care about campers unless they are being completely useless to the team. If you can camp and still support your team, so be it, just don't camp and basically make the team one less person in an objective game. That just sucks.

    I don't camp, I think it's boring but the game is designed for all game-styles and people have a right to camp if they want as long as they're not screwing up the team, I see no problem with it.

    -cor-
    • Re: Camper's point of view.

      I'd have to agree, I don't care either way. But that's not to say that I've never cared, I used to hate that stuff.

      Back when I played CS campers were no good pieces of s**t, but the games have changed and it's not too big of a deal if you camp. I think it's because of the choices one can kill another in these newfangled FPS'.

      If you're making me miserable by spawn camping, I just rack up the killstreak and bomb the s**t out of you later. Still satisfying, still fun!

      Definitely a different game from the original CS.

       

      -M

  • Re: Camper's point of view.
    codchamp
    My point of view. Your K/D means garbage if you cant back it up with a win there buddy. So next time you are in a game where you did well and lost, you can pat yourself on your back for saying yeah! i had a 2.00 K/D that game.
  • Re: Camper's point of view.
    xsmokex20

    codchamp wrote:

     

    My point of view. Your K/D means garbage if you cant back it up with a win there buddy. So next time you are in a game where you did well and lost, you can pat yourself on your back for saying yeah! i had a 2.00 K/D that game.


    Truth.  I play solo more than with a group, and I have a 3.5 w/l, lol!  0.80 and you're one of the better players out there? 
  • Re: Camper's point of view.
    you can cap 12 objectives and still lose. i believe there is a team involved with every game mode besides free for all. Yeah and btw I never quit the game because if i lose id rather lose when im the highest scoring player on my team than win with the lowest score on my team. If you have say a .75 kd, and a bunch of caps it means you just capped the flag you just respawned next to. If thats what makes you a good player, walking 3 feet and sitting at a flag for 15 seconds, then damn that sounds a bit backwards to me.
  • Re: Camper's point of view.
    Yeah 1v1 anytime, any map, kills only. add me GT=portapottyparty.
  • Re: Camper's point of view.
    codchamp

    tomtom90 wrote:

     

    you can cap 12 objectives and still lose. i believe there is a team involved with every game mode besides free for all. Yeah and btw I never quit the game because if i lose id rather lose when im the highest scoring player on my team than win with the lowest score on my team. If you have say a .75 kd, and a bunch of caps it means you just capped the flag you just respawned next to. If thats what makes you a good player, walking 3 feet and sitting at a flag for 15 seconds, then damn that sounds a bit backwards to me.



    If thats how you think i play because i am all about the win..Then you got me wrong. Like i said before unimpressive
  • Re: Camper's point of view.
    Z0MB1E MESSIAH
    lol for what it's worth

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tmRyAKuGNc
  • Re: Camper's point of view.
    k/d- 2.26 with 30,000 kills
    w/l- 1.66 with 1700 wins

    Those are respectable stats if you are playing alone without a party.
  • Re: Camper's point of view.
    codchamp

    andrewc7785 wrote:

     

    k/d- 2.26 with 30,000 kills
    w/l- 1.66 with 1700 wins

    Those are respectable stats if you are playing alone without a party.



    Yes they are and cant ask for better if you are alone
  • Re: Camper's point of view.
    brsox
    Theres a difference in camping and holding down an area. I like to hold down the whole map, while some people like to hold down a certain building. Then there are campers who hold down a closet with their motion sensor or claymore.
  • Re: Camper's point of view.

    codchamp wrote:

     

    tomtom90 wrote:

     

    you can cap 12 objectives and still lose. i believe there is a team involved with every game mode besides free for all. Yeah and btw I never quit the game because if i lose id rather lose when im the highest scoring player on my team than win with the lowest score on my team. If you have say a .75 kd, and a bunch of caps it means you just capped the flag you just respawned next to. If thats what makes you a good player, walking 3 feet and sitting at a flag for 15 seconds, then damn that sounds a bit backwards to me.



    If thats how you think i play because i am all about the win..Then you got me wrong. Like i said before unimpressive


    Just add me and 1v1 so i can embarass the hell out of you and then post the vid on here.
  • Re: Camper's point of view.
    It's just boring though.... Using your surroundings to your advantage is one thing, but "camping" implies that you sit in one spot the entire time waiting for your kills.

    I'll constantly move around the map and find the spots where I can suprise the enemy and if nessessary hold up spots and move around to kill people.
    At that point you tend to build up aggro and if people start rushing you contantly towards the same spot building/area it's fair game.
  • Re: Camper's point of view.
    vibration

    II Vrruumm II wrote:

     

    I am a great camper.  I love to camp.  I am a great team player, I use Spyplanes and Counter-SP and Blackbirds to support my teammates.  I rather win than have a good k/d.  Camping use to be more of a strategy to win, but people have turned it into something that everyone hates.  Now camping started a long time ago, and people have turned into the bad type campers over the years, because they are selfish.  Bad camping is what most people do, because they play by themselves, or don't care about other teammates.  While good campers can win a match of CTF by controlling a flag routes thus killing the flag carriers whenever the oposition grabs the flag.  They can win TDM by pushing the opostion into a certain spawn and start killing them off the spawn(most of the time it takes a team).  A good camper can also keep people off of objectives in Dom and Demo or give cover to teammates that are trying to capture or destroy the objective.  A good team of campers can win games with ease and spawn kill for killstreaks.  Spawn killing is one of the best ways to win in any game type.  Camping your spawn is what I do, and I do it well.

    k/d- 2.26 with 30,000 kills
    w/l- 1.66 with 1700 wins
    Over 3500 Spyplanes, 1500 Counter-SP and 400 Blackbirds.
    Perks I use Ghost,Scavenger; SoH, Warlord; Hacker,Ninja.

    Camping is a strategy for good people, not selfishness for bad.

    PS: I love people that try to get revenge, it makes me laugh because I kill you again, stupid noobs.



    YOUR POST JUST OWNED EVERY RUN-N-GUN NOOB THERE EVER WAS!!

    I GOT YA BACK!  It takes more skill to camp and play smart then ANY r-n-g I have ever seen!

    Now I must say there are awesome R-N-G players out there and I am not knockin your game in anyway.. but for the most part.. R-N-G sucks and most of u fail at it!

    I love when they cry "campers" in the lobby and their score is 17-23 and their team lost... also... the guy who at the bottom of the scoreboard.. he is always the one to shoot down the air support!! <----god I hate that! But its funny!
    • Re: Camper's point of view.
      KTPhoenix


      vibration wrote:

       

      II Vrruumm II wrote:

       

      I am a great camper.  I love to camp.  I am a great team player, I use Spyplanes and Counter-SP and Blackbirds to support my teammates.  I rather win than have a good k/d.  Camping use to be more of a strategy to win, but people have turned it into something that everyone hates.  Now camping started a long time ago, and people have turned into the bad type campers over the years, because they are selfish.  Bad camping is what most people do, because they play by themselves, or don't care about other teammates.  While good campers can win a match of CTF by controlling a flag routes thus killing the flag carriers whenever the oposition grabs the flag.  They can win TDM by pushing the opostion into a certain spawn and start killing them off the spawn(most of the time it takes a team).  A good camper can also keep people off of objectives in Dom and Demo or give cover to teammates that are trying to capture or destroy the objective.  A good team of campers can win games with ease and spawn kill for killstreaks.  Spawn killing is one of the best ways to win in any game type.  Camping your spawn is what I do, and I do it well.

      k/d- 2.26 with 30,000 kills
      w/l- 1.66 with 1700 wins
      Over 3500 Spyplanes, 1500 Counter-SP and 400 Blackbirds.
      Perks I use Ghost,Scavenger; SoH, Warlord; Hacker,Ninja.

      Camping is a strategy for good people, not selfishness for bad.

      PS: I love people that try to get revenge, it makes me laugh because I kill you again, stupid noobs.



      YOUR POST JUST OWNED EVERY RUN-N-GUN NOOB THERE EVER WAS!!

      I GOT YA BACK!  It takes more skill to camp and play smart then ANY r-n-g I have ever seen!

      Now I must say there are awesome R-N-G players out there and I am not knockin your game in anyway.. but for the most part.. R-N-G sucks and most of u fail at it!

      I love when they cry "campers" in the lobby and their score is 17-23 and their team lost... also... the guy who at the bottom of the scoreboard.. he is always the one to shoot down the air support!! <----god I hate that! But its funny!

       

       

      and then when a tuber like me comes along and knocks you out of your spot on a constant basis, you scream into your mic in the post game lobby. and if i keep seeing air support from that camper i am ALWAYS the one shooting it down.

       

      so its music to my ears when i hear campers crying in their mics that i have been tubing them AND taking out their air support. campers dont risk anything which is why they are pansies. and pansies dont deserve killstreaks which is why i always have a Strella at hand. people who run around risk dying a lot so they deserve their killstreaks.

       

      that is the difference. its doesnt take skill to camp. just the fact that you said it does makes what you said, invalid.

    • Re: Camper's point of view.
      iivrruummii

      People are just blinded by the truth.

  • Re: Camper's point of view.
    BlackGunRedBeam

    II Vrruumm II wrote:

     

    I am a great camper.  I love to camp.  I am a great team player, I use Spyplanes and Counter-SP and Blackbirds to support my teammates.  I rather win than have a good k/d.  Camping use to be more of a strategy to win, but people have turned it into something that everyone hates.  Now camping started a long time ago, and people have turned into the bad type campers over the years, because they are selfish.  Bad camping is what most people do, because they play by themselves, or don't care about other teammates.  While good campers can win a match of CTF by controlling a flag routes thus killing the flag carriers whenever the oposition grabs the flag.  They can win TDM by pushing the opostion into a certain spawn and start killing them off the spawn(most of the time it takes a team).  A good camper can also keep people off of objectives in Dom and Demo or give cover to teammates that are trying to capture or destroy the objective.  A good team of campers can win games with ease and spawn kill for killstreaks.  Spawn killing is one of the best ways to win in any game type.  Camping your spawn is what I do, and I do it well.

    k/d- 2.26 with 30,000 kills
    w/l- 1.66 with 1700 wins
    Over 3500 Spyplanes, 1500 Counter-SP and 400 Blackbirds.
    Perks I use Ghost,Scavenger; SoH, Warlord; Hacker,Ninja.

    Camping is a strategy for good people, not selfishness for bad.

    PS: I love people that try to get revenge, it makes me laugh because I kill you again, stupid noobs.



    Camping to defend an objective isnt camping its defending.. But when you sit in the corner of a building.. sometimes waiting over two minuites for someone to come thats just shameful. there is a fine line.. I play search 90% of the time.. now tell me when i plant the bomb and go play defense.. say its  a 1on1 for the game win. tied 3-3 and i plant and go sit and wait for the defuse.. tell me why  sometimes a camper will just stay in his corner letting time expire and losing the game for his team.. these are the kind of trash people complain about. i would love for someone to defend a guy who stays in his corner as the bomb explodes. there is no way to justify it.. its just a stupid boring way of playing..

    On a side note.. to the thread starter.. you cant hate  acamper when you have never been killed by one.. from your post you stay in a corner the whole game.. i dare you to leave your corner and be killed by your fellow campers then maybe you can see the game from the "Run and Gun" point of view.. you act like you know our side when you are a self proclaimed corner camper..
    • Re: Camper's point of view.
      iivrruummii

      I call my self a good camper.  I protect objectives in objective gametypes. I hold down parts of the map so the enemy team cant go through there.  Now don't pretend that I don't run and gun. You don't know how I play until you play with or against me.  When you twist what I say to insult me you just look like a fool.

  • Re: Camper's point of view.

    What's Your Gamertag?.... I wanna learn how to be a Great camper.

  • Re: Camper's point of view.
    Jackky360

    ****1ng Cun7

  • Re: Camper's point of view.

    try camp with me as an enemy. i will make you rage quit. i do it to the campers on a daily basis.
    my favourite campers to ruin are the flak jacket pro/tac mask pro ones HAHAHA makes me laugh when they disconnect

  • Re: Camper's point of view.
    iivrruummii

    If you want you can find a good camper on elite.  Gamertag- ii vrruumm ii.  Check both MW3 and BO.  W/L was a 15.0 before I started playing by myself, and K/D was a 2.75 look at TDM if you don't believe me.  25% of my loses are from dashboarders.  Don't hate on a Pro Camper.  I also run and gun on MW2 and MW3 in HC SND.

    • Re: Camper's point of view.
      KTPhoenix

      and i bet that your W/L and K/D are that high from dashboarding anytime something doesnt go your way. there is no way in hell you got that legit by playing through all your matches even with others dashboarding as well.

      • Re: Camper's point of view.
        iivrruummii

        Just because someone is better than you, you call them a dashboarder.  That must be the only logicall explanation for why people have 2.5kds and 10.0wls.  I have many friends that have 3.0kds and have 15.0wl and they don't dashboard.  BTW Dashboarding still counts as a loss in both MW3 and BO(was patched so it DID count as a loss).  If you don't believe me go look at the people on the top of the leaderboards in WINS and look at there totall wins, then there win streak, and lastly look at there losses.  Some people have a 4000 wins and 500 losses with a 3700 win streak.  You can really tell a dashboarder by his KD and his WL.  Dashboarders normally have 2.0-4.0KD and less than a 1.0WL.

         

        If you are ignorant, just don't open your mouth because you just look like a fool.

         

        I am better than you, get over it.

  • Re: Camper's point of view.
    limonaid

    iivrruummii wrote:

     

    Camping is a strategy for good people, not selfishness for bad.

    PS: I love people that try to get revenge, it makes me laugh because I kill you again, stupid noobs.

    True. It's also a slower way to play. However, you can also find some one who's just as diligent in anticipating corner campers and has knowledge of the effective corner kills that many players tend to camp.

     

    Point: It doesn't work with veteran players all the time. I've logged in hours of Blops, and have seen just about every single camping spot there is in this game.

     

    The reason why many so-called campers are unsuccessful in TDM, is because of CTF, if anyone plays CTF long enough the campers site is very obvious.

     

    I camp, as well, mostly when I play CTF... so when I see a player camp (no matter how good) in TDM... my mind searches for all the possible camping sites on CTF and I switch to stealth mode.

     

    Point: It's not hard to usurp a camper if your comfortable and experienced in the map.

  • Re: Camper's point of view.

    Camping is really good if you play TDM because you simply die less!
    If your playing CTF or Sabotage camping the flag or target is best way to defend, you can even do the same in Domination.

     

     

     


    P.S The reason why I camp is that I don't want to give the other team 3 killstreaks after I rush and fail, we see this in try hards and scrubs who go 12-28 thanks for that enemy blackbird and chopper.

  • Re: Camper's point of view.

    I don't camp ever but with all the lag i can see why some do. All i know is if i shoot at the same time someone else does at me i'm dead 8 out 10 times. It's sad when i feel i got lucky 2 out of 10. I'll be shooting someone running at me they will stop and shoot me dead and then i quit that game because i got ripped off agian. I'm running out of cotrollers to break lol.

  • Re: Camper's point of view.
    2ndlt.colt

    For me, camping is OK on objective game modes until a certain point. If you're camping on the enemy spawn and spawn killing, that's where you know you've got a problem. That's when you know your "I'm good at this game." mentality corrupts you. I've camped, but never spawn killed on purpose.