38 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2011 8:54 PM by blitzkrieg RSS

Hey Treyarch: Host is still screwed

blitzkrieg
WTF? WHERES THAT DANG PATCH THAT SAYS IT'LL 'IMPROVE HOST/CLIENT ISSUES' HUH? SERIOUSLY? ITS LIKE IT NEVER HAPPENED. I SWEAR TO GOD AFTER PATCH CAME OUT IT MADE IT COMPLETELY UNBEARABLE. I REFUSE TO PUT UP WITH IT. IF I'M HOST AND CANT PLAY, I SHUT MY Wii OFF, BECAUSE I DON'T DISERVE SUCH A HORRIBLE DISADVANTAGE. ITS NOT MY INTERENT, AND ITS NOT MY Wii.

Maybe next time you should actually work on fixing host issues, because this time you only made them worse.

Edit: i'm not so sure that nintendo may have thrown out the host improvement parts of the patch, since it took them awhile to approve it.
  • Re: HOST IS STULL MOTHER FRIGGEN BULLCRAP
    Sniper16
    Sounds like a personal problem. Get better nub
    blitzkrieg
    I don't ******* understand how I can be host and have one bar. Thats part of the problem: a broken system.

Sniper: shutup nub. 
    Masinini
    Why don't we also blaim the skandinavians for the genocide of the jews. Then we can all run around and scream about it.

Look, I know your pissed, but it might just be your router.

Someone's Wii freezes, or it lags for a second, and they jump online, creating threads, screaming at Treyarch. This is not one of those, but seriously, it might not be Treyarch's fault.
    Sniper16

SKS wrote:

I don't **** understand how I can be host and have one bar. Thats part of the problem: a broken system.

Sniper: shutup nub. 

Thats AI Sniper16 to you nub
    blitzkrieg
    Its not my router: i have the damn thing set to perfection. Its the hosting system. It doesn't know wtf to do. When everyone has 1 bar and keeps jumping 1-2 bars, the match is supposed to end due to poor host quality, but it doesn't. I have 30ms ping, 8mbs upload/download. I also have portforward.
    DaddyB
    Yeah, I have major issues with framerate drops while hosting.  When it gets too much for my patience, I just leave the lobby...which is usually around one or two times, depending on how traumatic the experience is.  I still kind of like the idea somebody had -- partially tongue-in-cheek, I think -- of never playing more than one match in a given lobby.  Like you, my internet connection is fine, and Black Ops loves to make me host whenever possible.

Hard to do the leaving method when you're in a party, though.
  • Re: Hey Treyarch: Host is still screwed

SKS wrote:

WTF? WHERES THAT DANG PATCH THAT SAYS IT'LL 'IMPROVE HOST/CLIENT ISSUES' HUH? SERIOUSLY? ITS LIKE IT NEVER HAPPENED. I SWEAR TO GOD AFTER PATCH CAME OUT IT MADE IT COMPLETELY UNBEARABLE. I REFUSE TO PUT UP WITH IT. IF I'M HOST AND CANT PLAY, I SHUT MY Wii OFF, BECAUSE I DON'T DISERVE SUCH A HORRIBLE DISADVANTAGE. ITS NOT MY INTERENT, AND ITS NOT MY Wii.

Maybe next time you should actually work on fixing host issues, because this time you only made them worse.

Edit: i'm not so sure that nintendo may have thrown out the host improvement parts of the patch, since it took them awhile to approve it.

lolUMAD bro?
    Sniper16

Lieutenant Colonel Kryptik wrote:

SKS wrote:

lolUMAD bro?

Miss im going to ask you to calm down please
    yes host still sucks...however...there are other threads that have covered this, one made by YOU. no need for another.  now turn off caps lock and post like an adult.
    Guovssohas
    He may have overreacted, but hes right, hosting is worse performance wise and in stability.

I really hope they're working on some solutions for this.

boss_chancellor wrote:

yes host still sucks...however...there are other threads that have covered this, one made by YOU. no need for another.  now turn off caps lock and post like an adult.

I LIKE MY CAPSLOCK. IT MAKES ME LOOK SMART BECAUSE IT SEEMS I'M SCREAMING ON THE INTERWEBZ!

Guovssohas wrote:

He may have overreacted, but hes right, hosting is worse performance wise and in stability.

I really hope they're working on some solutions for this.

he is very right...but thats no excuse to act like a 7 year old brat.

SKS/Boss
    padiego
    LEAVE TREYARCH ALONE!!!!!]
    i write big cause i like atenshun
    blitzkrieg
    Hey Boss, Ky:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3645/3306868622_05ca850d75.jpg
    dtxNerdFail
    yeah, he's pretty much right, although it could've been said much better. Anybody who tries to defend treyarch by saying that it could just be their connection needs to slap themselves across the face. I'm fairly certain that very few people, if any, had absolutely any connection problems with MWR. Now, why is it that black ops is having all these problems? Simple. Although I love treyarch, and what they've done with the game, unfortunately, they are extremely horrible at doing all the hosting-related things in COD. This same issue, along with the party hosting issues that plagues black ops, were also very present during WaW. Unfortunately, they just don't have as much "skill" (I should probably say workers with the skill) as infinity ward when it comes to creating good hosting systems, and having an amazing game engine. I doubt it will be getting a whole lot better than this. Sadly, we're probably going to have to deal with constant connection/party issues whenever 3arc releases any future COD games.
    Arcanine2009
    smh... Quit yelling like some fanboy.

I agree with JD2020 on this:

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=148997
    blitzkrieg

sselemaN rM wrote:

smh... Quit yelling like some fanboy.

I agree with JD2020 on this:

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=148997

Well you probably don't get host. The game is highly unplayable when your host. Thats the problem. Not some 'negative' bs.
    DudeSean
    Either I'm never host or I don't have any problems as host. How do you know if you're the host?
    blitzkrieg

DudeSean wrote:

Either I'm never host or I don't have any problems as host. How do you know if you're the host?

You typically spawn and the countdown will start at about 12 secs, and if you check the leaderboard it'll show that you have 4 bars and you can see people connecting since they have a green plug next to their name.
    DudeSean
    I guess I'm never the host then.
    blitzkrieg

DudeSean wrote:

I guess I'm never the host then.

Lucky.
    i betrayed xbox
    Until Treyarch fixes this I'm just gonna quit whenever I get host.   If I can't have a good connection in the game then no one can. 
    Masinini

dtxNerdFail wrote:

yeah, he's pretty much right, although it could've been said much better. Anybody who tries to defend treyarch by saying that it could just be their connection needs to slap themselves across the face. I'm fairly certain that very few people, if any, had absolutely any connection problems with MWR. Now, why is it that black ops is having all these problems? Simple. Although I love treyarch, and what they've done with the game, unfortunately, they are extremely horrible at doing all the hosting-related things in COD. This same issue, along with the party hosting issues that plagues black ops, were also very present during WaW. Unfortunately, they just don't have as much "skill" (I should probably say workers with the skill) as infinity ward when it comes to creating good hosting systems, and having an amazing game engine. I doubt it will be getting a whole lot better than this. Sadly, we're probably going to have to deal with constant connection/party issues whenever 3arc releases any future COD games.

I'm not going to slap myself in the face, because I am right. I am constantly hosting matches, and have not had any problems. If this was Treyarchs fault, why don't I have problems? This is just a spordaic occurence that can be linked to poor connections. and Further more, I would like to point out the fact that the Iphone 1 has better Wifi than the Wii does.
    i betrayed xbox

Masinini wrote:

This is just a spordaic occurence that can be linked to poor connections. .

LOL, no. If it was my connection, how come I'm not having any major lag issues as host on any other game on the Wii/360/DS/PC? Treyarch screwed something up in the update since I never had any problems hosting before the update. 
    Sniper16

xboxer 360 wrote:

Until Treyarch fixes this I'm just gonna quit whenever I get host.   If I can't have a good connection in the game then no one can. 

So your a rage quiter? Wow you fail 
    Guovssohas

Masinini wrote:

dtxNerdFail wrote:

I'm not going to slap myself in the face, because I am right. I am constantly hosting matches, and have not had any problems. If this was Treyarchs fault, why don't I have problems? This is just a spordaic occurence that can be linked to poor connections. and Further more, I would like to point out the fact that the Iphone 1 has better Wifi than the Wii does.

Really?? Then explain why these problems started AFTER the last patch, explain why every other online Wii/PS3 game works PERFECTLY? Only BOWii is affected which means it IS something with the patch. Also the host performance did get even worse than pre-patch, now the Wii really struggles as host which i believe makes it just crash!
    i betrayed xbox

AI Sniper16 wrote:

How is refusing to play the game at 1 FPS a second rage quitting?
    Sniper16

xboxer 360 wrote:

AI Sniper16 wrote:

It shows you cant win unless you have a great connection

AI Sniper16 wrote:

xboxer 360 wrote:

AI Sniper16 wrote:

It shows you cant win unless you have a great connection

there is a problem with that statement...a great player should be able to win with a less than perfect connection, however there is a line. once you have past the line (hosting is WAY past the line for the people having this problem), no matter how good you are, you just cant do anything. trust me i do better with a 1 bar connection than i do with being host...why only some people are having trouble hosting and others are not, i dont understand. for me the issue is not with my internet connection. the problem could be with my wii (just sent if off for repairs).

SKS/Boss
    Sniper16
    I gotta disagree with you there boss. Im host almost every match even ask Gas. I can still pull out 30+ games with ease. If you are good yoi can still perform well. Maybe not as good as you should but its not game breaking

AI Sniper16 wrote:

I gotta disagree with you there boss. Im host almost every match even ask Gas. I can still pull out 30+ games with ease. If you are good yoi can still perform well. Maybe not as good as you should but its not game breaking

you dont have the problem....not everyone's host fails. like i said, i dont know why some people are having problems are others are not. its just like the unbound glitch, some people got it all the time, some got it every once in awhile, and others never got it.
    Sniper16

boss_chancellor wrote:

AI Sniper16 wrote:

you dont have the problem....not everyone's host fails. like i said, i dont know why some people are having problems are others are not. its just like the unbound glitch, some people got it all the time, some got it every once in awhile, and others never got it.

I have the same problems. I skip halfway across the map when im host. I agree it sucks but i wont rage over it

AI Sniper16 wrote:

boss_chancellor wrote:

AI Sniper16 wrote:

I have the same problems. I skip halfway across the map when im host. I agree it sucks but i wont rage over it

well im sorry i guess your just a black ops god....

i highly doubt you having the same problem i am and coming out 30+
    K4L|RobbyX
    Framerate... Framerate... oh wait? More framerate.
    Masinini

xboxer 360 wrote:

Masinini wrote:

LOL, no. If it was my connection, how come I'm not having any major lag issues as host on any other game on the Wii/360/DS/PC? Treyarch screwed something up in the update since I never had any problems hosting before the update. 

Ugh! People fail to grasp simple concepts, and just jump to other facts. Other games don't run like Black Ops. You can't compare them. Black Ops fully uses all the internet it can get. The moment another computer uses a router, the game will lag. The Wii just doesn't have good Wifi.
    blitzkrieg

Masinini wrote:

xboxer 360 wrote:

Masinini wrote:

Ugh! People fail to grasp simple concepts, and just jump to other facts. Other games don't run like Black Ops. You can't compare them. Black Ops fully uses all the internet it can get. The moment another computer uses a router, the game will lag. The Wii just doesn't have good Wifi.

If it WAS internet connection problems, then I probably wouldn't be getting host. Its probably because I live smack dab in the middle of the US.
    i betrayed xbox

Masinini wrote:

The moment another computer uses a router, the game will lag. The Wii just doesn't have good Wifi.

LOLWUT? There's been times when I was downloading a bunch of crap while playing Black Ops and it barely slowed my game down(obviously I was off host) It's the game.
    blitzkrieg
    I'll be bumping this until jd posts an update about it on his thread. Consider it a rage thread for others whose framerate is also brought to the level of flipping a coloring book when they serve as host.

/yah sarcasm