1 2 3 Previous Next 130 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2011 8:42 PM by milkman4339 RSS

Mercenary Playlist

We are considering changing the "Mercenary" playlist to be "Mercanary Moshpit."

It was requested today that we make a "Mercenary Domination." Domination is the most popular objective game modes, but some modes are not very far behind in popularity. I'm not a huge fan of "just" of Mercenary Domination playlist even though I love Domination and it's the objective mode I play the most.

As many of you have no doubt heard, we are not big fans of adding even more playlists. So, please, we are not taking other suggestions.

I just want feedback specifically on if "Mercenary Moshpit" should contain all objective based game modes, or only the most popular ones like Domination and Search and Destroy.

Please be pragmatic about this. If you always play "CTF" with friends 80% of the time, you don't need a "Mercenary" version of it. I really want to here from guys and gals who often play by themselves and not with friends.

I am thinking that "Mercenary Moshpit" would be similar to "Team Tactical" in terms of maps, modes, and the rotation but for solo players.

Discuss. Politely.

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar
  • 1. Re: Mercenary Playlist
    iidarkshadowoo
    I can see why people want Domination, but I have to put two thumbs up and point ten fingers at Headquarters as well.

I love the game mode and sometimes I'm up against too many teams across matches. Friends usually like to work to together in this game mode especially to secure a lot of points and then hold out to farm some kills; while solo players will more often just get things over with. While many times I can handle myself and I can get lucky with randoms on my team, it would be fantastic if this game mode was included in the playlist. It's safe to say that it has a lot of hits online, just as many as Domination, so I think it should definitely be in there.

And Search too, like you said.

P.S. I play solo often by choice, not because of a lack of friends.  :P Just putting it out there...
  • 2. Re: Mercenary Playlist
    I have been wanting mercenary domination for a long time. A lot of the time I just like to play solo but its really hard when you are constantly put in games against a clan with all randoms on your team. I play mercenary tdm a lot and I don't get put in games that have already started so thats good. If you make it moshpit I think just make it like domination, tdm, headquarters, and demolition. But whatever is good I just want some mercenary objective games.
  • 3. Re: Mercenary Playlist
    I'm one of those who usually play solo.  Core, mercenary and would love to see it for Domination too.  But I've tried S&D and can't get the hang of it, so would likely not care or want a playlist that rotates me through both DOM and S&D.

I'm new to CoD.  I've heard moshpit mentioned and did a search for it today but have yet to understand what that means in the Call of Duty sense of the word.  Can someone please enlighten me?

Thanks
  • 4. Re: Mercenary Playlist
    kastro187420
    I'd be curious to see how Demolition worked in there. As everyone knows by now, Demolition is just a kill-whoring fest when you get people in parties. Everyone tries to lock down the spawns and spend the match trying to put up high killcounts. If it were a Mercenary style playlist, maybe there would be more emphasis on the objective since nobody is actually together.

My only real suggestion would be, if you can, disable the "Join Session" feature for Mercenary to prevent teams from still joining, just 1 at a time.
  • 5. Re: Mercenary Playlist

jadebeer wrote:

I'm new to CoD.  I've heard moshpit mentioned and did a search for it today but have yet to understand what that means in the Call of Duty sense of the word.  Can someone please enlighten me?

Moshpit just means "a few different game modes".

Other playlist like Ground War and Team Tac also have more than one game mode in them. It's a term the last Call of Duty game used.

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar
  • 6. Re: Mercenary Playlist
    xXThaCarterIIIXx

jadebeer"

Thanks[/quote wrote:

Moshpit is a mix of game modes in one playlist. For example choices might be Demolition on one map, Team Death Match  on another, and of course the  usual random button.

I think it would be a great idea to have a Mercenary Moshpit for popular games like Domination, Demolition, Headquarters, and Search & Destroy. I believe that these are the big ones, game modes that most people play. It would please the majority to include the most popular game modes, without dividing the community.

• 7. Re: Mercenary Playlist
    ^adam9212^
    Personally i would only play it if it included Domination and Headquarters.
    I'm not a fan of CTF/Demolition/S&D.
  • 8. Re: Mercenary Playlist

Vahn wrote:

jadebeer wrote:

Moshpit just means "a few different game modes".

Other playlist like Ground War and Team Tac also have more than one game mode in them. It's a term the last Call of Duty game used.

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar

Ah, thanks.

If possible I would say group games together that either:
    a) have vs doesn't have rounds or
    b) involve waiting to respawn during which you can only spectate vs don't involve waiting to respawn + spectate only.

Groundwar is a good example - no rounds and no respawn time for either the tdm or dom aspect thereof.  Only thing is goundwar as it stands now allows parties.  A mercenary version of groundwar would be great.
  • 9. Re: Mercenary Playlist
    Yes, I agree! Hutch mentioned this and I considered making  post so Vahn could see... but I guess you already have. I think it would be great to add a "Mercenary" Playlist, just as there is Core, Hardcore, Prestige, etc. Definitly Domination, TDM, Demolition, and others? Thanks for listening to the community!
1 2 3 Previous Next