27 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2011 9:58 AM by HeWhoWalksBehind RSS

Why people complain about the 74u and Famas

ThaKidFrankie
first off bare with me if you see some words that don't belong, I'm typing this on an iPad. Now more importantly the reason people complain about the famous and the 74u is because people use the weapons a lot which a lot of people like to say "overusing". Now to me this is dumb because guns are put in the game to be used, and the first decent guns from the sub machine and assault rifle classes are the 74u and the famas. THIS particularly is the reason you see them a lot. They are unlocked early and people learn to use them quicker than any other gun further up the leveling ladder. NO GUN IN THIS GAME IS OVERPOWERED. Each gun has it's own strengths and weaknesses. Famas= high rate of fire but high recoil to balance it out. 74u= decent power over longer distance than the other sub machines but would fail miserably closer up against gun like the scorpion(which has 50 damage a bullet within about 20meters or something around there) damn I rambled a bit but the point is people use these weapons because they master than early.

P.S. The FAL and G11 are two beasts of weapons
  • Re: Why people complain about the 74u and Famas
    FOUNTAINofYOUTH
    When they nerfed the AK74u, I started to use the Famas.  Once they nerf that.. I'll use the G11.  They'll nerf that and I'll use any other gun and still put up the same scores.  People will whine about anything.. especially if they lose gun fights.
    HCTA
    I agree, you can't have an over powered gun in this game, there is really only over powered connections. If your getting mowed down and your a decent player, it's more than half the time an unbalanced host favoring. When I'm host it takes usually no more than 3 bullets from any gun to kill someone, when I'm not I can get 5-6 hitmarkers before I drop someone.
    deadman1984
    i usally change weapons every so often because im sick of using same gun for ages the ak74u is a noob gun and should be banned
    Shadow Op
    People complain about anything... The M16 is if you have a decent host you can one burst anyone... with the G11 also two shots with the FN FAL... and two or three with the M14... But they are guns that require you to pace your shots... or have a really fast trigger finger
    peckrslap_
    its not that they are overused, it is that they are overpowered. or else people wouldnt be using it as much.
    peckrslap_
    and when i say that it is overpowered, i mean that the stats are stacked
    MattAc1
    people complain about every aspect of this game. plain and simple
    peckrslap_
    because it is piece of crap
    MattAc1

peckrslap_ wrote:

because it is piece of crap

one big log of it
    peckrslap_
    it like prairy dogging, it is really annoying and noone likes to deal with it.
    riley_sparky
    just one question for all you complainers, if these guns are so overpowered why not just use them? I do not believe that they are overpowered but if that is how you truely feel then why not?
    WhuShu
    People get owned by these guns because a lot of people use them and they are easy to buy after just a few hours play.

They see that the gun they were most killed by was the AKU or the famas and they think that means that the gun has some sort of advantage but really the are just over used.

Until my first prestige I bought every gun as it became available, but the next 6 times I couldnt be arsed buying new guns so I just used the famas / aku because they are good guns.

I imagine that others are the same in that regard. If the new guns became cheaper or where much beter than the aku/famas then I would upgrade but they are not so I dont.

This is probably a good thing though, otherwise any noob would be instantly outclassed by people who had been playing the game for longer and had beter guns (ignoring the skill aspect)

Basicly what I am saying is - Its fine as it is, you are not disadvantaged in using anyother gun vs the aku/famas. I have been killed pleanty of times by people with guns other than these by people who either got lucky/ played taticly or were just a beter player than me (ignoring connection issues).

Vicariousliving
    The FAMAS has a overpowered hipfire which almost cannot be matched at close range even with a submachine gun. The 74u has stats of an assult rifle with SMG ADS. The FAMAS also has alot of accurecy with little recoil and high firerate,making it a killer for ADS. The 74u will beat alot of guns at close range because it too has low recoil,I've noticed that when I use it and watching killcams,all the bullets will land pretty perfect. It can also be equiped with a grenade launcher,once again making it annoying. Or throw a grip on it and now you have a front line weapon which SMGs are not suppose to be great out. I mean,not much other guns are better,every other gun has major flaws that make it easy to beat.

It isn't about being the first to unlock or anything,if it was that way why isn't the HK21 frowned upon,or the dragonov? Oh yeah,they suck. If that was the case then in MW2 the M4,TAR-21,etc... would be overpowered,but they have flaws. FAMAS dosent besides a akward shot pattern that pulls it up and to the right. Easily conpensatable,unlike the M14 which is straight  up,which sounds easy but by shot 2 you are all the way in the air and with grip it still knocks hard. "But it has low damage" says the defender that doesn't relieze that everything else it has compensates for it.

Yeah,the skorpian is a beast,and it is sorta over powered but to use it right can be tricky,it is a one kill at a time weapon,not multiple targets,like the MAC11. The FAMAS,Galil,74u,g11,and M60 are the most overpowered weapons in the game. Yeah,each on has its flaw but they will beat any other weapon. When it comes to beating eachother,like Galil vs FAMAS,its more about luck,player skill,connection and perks. Also,AK47 and MP5 are my beast weapons. FAL is too random and the G11 makes me feel like a ****.  Oh well,it's only the flavor of the month anyway,it'll be replaced just like any other game at some point.
    longacre_1
    it would be nice for one day everyone to just stop complaining and just play what suits them best. 74u/famas/commando/grenade launcher...what ever. Don't see many people complaining about the RPG...1 shot kill most times.
    NotoriousRJF

Vicariousliving wrote:

It isn't about being the first to unlock or anything,if it was that way why isn't the HK21 frowned upon,or the dragonov? Oh yeah,they suck. If that was the case then in MW2 the M4,TAR-21,etc... would be overpowered,but they have flaws. FAMAS dosent besides a akward shot pattern that pulls it up and to the right. Easily conpensatable,unlike the M14 which is straight  up,which sounds easy but by shot 2 you are all the way in the air and with grip it still knocks hard. "But it has low damage" says the defender that doesn't relieze that everything else it has compensates for it.

Actually it is about when it is unlocked, what if my two favorite guns are the Commando and the Famas?  Say the Commando is my favorite gun, but I cant unlock and use it until Level 44, so I use the Famas (level 14) until I unlock my Commando.  I also like to Prestige and have done so multiple times, so which gun will have more kills on my Combat Record?  My beloved Commando or my back-up Famas?   30 levels of Famas use or 6 levels of Commando use?   So despite me preferring the Commando personally, my stats tell you I love the Famas because I have way more kills with it.  Thus the stats for overall use are skewed in favor of the Famas.

And please dont ask about the HK21 or Dragonov, I dont snipe and dont like hauling around a heavy LMG, so I always stick with the SMG's or Assault classes.  Maybe they are both overpowered, I wouldnt know because I never use them because they dont fit with my style of play.  The SMG and AR classes will always be overused because they are the most versatile classes, more so the AR class because they are good at short and long distances. I have run AR / SMG classes since CoD4, in W@W, in MW2 and now again in BO.  

How many "overpowered" weapons did you list again???  4...5...6...7 ???    :shock:
    Homeless_Kidd
    The 74u is overpowered with rapid fire, and they didn't nerf the 74u, just it's grip attachment.  The Famas isn't overpowered, the AUG, Galili, Ak47, and Commando are just as good.
    skywalkeruk
    The Famas used to be my favourite gun but it;s hit detection rate is unbearable, then the AK4u I adapted too then they nerf that, I know they are trying to listen to people playing the game but they should have left them how they were, everyone has the same advantage.
    Homeless_Kidd

SKYWALKERUK wrote:

The Famas used to be my favourite gun but it;s hit detection rate is unbearable, then the AK4u I adapted too then they nerf that, I know they are trying to listen to people playing the game but they should have left them how they were, everyone has the same advantage.

They didn't nerf it, just its grip attachment
    r.i.p-v.i.p
    I think it's all pretty balanced. They could probably tweak these things for ages and never please everybody. I think the MAPS encourage certain use of guns. Especially in objective games.
    NightKeepr
    I really don't care of I'm called a noob or piss someone off. If the AK74u is the gun that will get me the most kills, I will use it. If the Famas is the gun that will help to get me the most kills...I will use it. The pissers and moaners can cry about to each other. I'm not playing to make you happy. I'm playing to win the match.
    gabby09

NightKeepr wrote:

I really don't care of I'm called a noob or piss someone off. If the AK74u is the gun that will get me the most kills, I will use it. If the Famas is the gun that will help to get me the most kills...I will use it. The pissers and moaners can cry about to each other. I'm not playing to make you happy. I'm playing to win the match.

I get ur point about those guns giving you the best chance at lots of kills, but I think when I play, I like to test my skills more than just rack up high scores with easier weapons.  Thats why a lot of times I use the under appreciated weapons like the skorpions, olympia, psg, m14.  Those guns require either a little more tactics or better aiming skills to be effective and they have to be learned thru use. 

I might not get great scores every game with them, but if I end up at the top of the lobby with one of them I know that I clearly outplayed my opponents.  Those games are just more satisfying for me than using the typical assault rifles or 74u and just mindlessly racking up kills.
    BlackDemonAces

NightKeepr wrote:

I agree totally with you. The only reason for the complaints is that about 80% of all players are using them too. So the perception is that players dont want to use any other gun and cant win if they do.

I really dont use them, but thats my choice. I have found fun in still winning and producing kills no matter what I use, with the exception of shotuns, dont really care for them. I wish they were secondary, but thats another topic.

You can use what you want dont matter to me, but from my experience you can still achieve success using other guns.
    kernel-cole99

FOUNTAINofYOUTH wrote:

When they nerfed the AK74u, I started to use the Famas.  Once they nerf that.. I'll use the G11.  They'll nerf that and I'll use any other gun and still put up the same scores.  People will whine about anything.. especially if they lose gun fights.

totally agree, people moan about famas, ak74u, last chance, ghost, but u would have thought people would have learned to counter these things by now in stead of moaning! If any guns need nerfing its shotguns, they are amazingly pathetic on this game, if someone runs around with a shotgun you should be weary of a 1v1 conflict due to your head being blown off! Instead people come to look for you! If you are within 10 yards of one shell going off then it should be lights out! I find myself firing 3-4 at people before the drop! like shooting a BB gun at them!
    NightKeepr

gabby09 wrote:

NightKeepr wrote:

I get ur point about those guns giving you the best chance at lots of kills, but I think when I play, I like to test my skills more than just rack up high scores with easier weapons.  Thats why a lot of times I use the under appreciated weapons like the skorpions, olympia, psg, m14.  Those guns require either a little more tactics or better aiming skills to be effective and they have to be learned thru use. 

I might not get great scores every game with them, but if I end up at the top of the lobby with one of them I know that I clearly outplayed my opponents.  Those games are just more satisfying for me than using the typical assault rifles or 74u and just mindlessly racking up kills.

I actually love the scorpion and I use it far more than the AK47U. In my opinion, it's simply the better, close quarters gun. Use the scorpion on Nuketown and you'll get some awesome kills with it.
    NightKeepr

kernel-cole99 wrote:

FOUNTAINofYOUTH wrote:

totally agree, people moan about famas, ak74u, last chance, ghost, but u would have thought people would have learned to counter these things by now in stead of moaning! If any guns need nerfing its shotguns, they are amazingly pathetic on this game, if someone runs around with a shotgun you should be weary of a 1v1 conflict due to your head being blown off! Instead people come to look for you! If you are within 10 yards of one shell going off then it should be lights out! I find myself firing 3-4 at people before the drop! like shooting a BB gun at them!

Amen to that! The shotguns are a joke in this game! If I land a direct, center-mass, shot with a shotgun at point blank, the guy should go down. I mean, I understand why they would pull back the power some to reduce insta kills, but c'mon. At that close range, I shouldn't even have to aim the thing.
    kernel-cole99

NightKeepr wrote:

kernel-cole99 wrote:

FOUNTAINofYOUTH wrote:

Amen to that! The shotguns are a joke in this game! If I land a direct, center-mass, shot with a shotgun at point blank, the guy should go down. I mean, I understand why they would pull back the power some to reduce insta kills, but c'mon. At that close range, I shouldn't even have to aim the thing.

exacly, im not gona lie i love shotguns, especially on over played levels! firing range and summit , i can tell im getting on french mans nerves coz after the game i can make out fuc*kin*g kernel-koal out of the language! I still loose but its fun lol! But everyone noes, vietnam and ww2, if a guy storms your bunker with a shotgun,u better be ready for when he comes through your door! They are lethal, and they hve got decent range truly! They have poor range, power and variety on this game! Or alternativly give us a 12.5g slug attachment for the shotguns!
    the 74u is a good gun.. and works great on some maps the same can be said about the FAMAS.. i use both, and most people do to.. for me i cant wait to get the AK47 thats "my gun of choice" and has always been... i have always been a LMG player but in BO's the only LMG worth a S@#T is the M60.. i loved the M60E40 in COD 4 and the RPD in COD 4 and MW2.. but just think back... we had this conversation about the M4A1, SCARH, ACR and UMP45 for MW2 and MP5, P90, AK 74u, and M16A4 for COD 4 and im sure the next COD game their will be a new gun for people to get upset with.. i say use what your comfortable with at first and then test your self every once awhile... try a new class setup with new guns... after the game is out for a while people will start to mix it up a bit like COD 4....  i think a lot has to do with the short life the new COD games have now.. we had COD 4 for so long before WAW "S@#T game... treyarch just saying" and MW2 came out... one year after MW2 comes out we have Black Ops and in Nov. MW3 will be coming out... i like new games but with speed we are losing longevity of the game and not allowing people to get comfortable with the game enough to start shaking it up a bit..