1 2 3 Previous Next 63 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2011 7:08 AM by Kalashnikov-74 RSS

I love Sniping || I want Quickscopers to Die.

Now don't get me wrong, I loved sniping in CoD 4, it is what made it original to me. The only games with snipers I ever played before was Halo 3.(back then Halo 3 was the ****) And Sniping in CoD 4 stood out to me. It was always fun. Going positive never mattered. And nobody ran around Quickscoping, NEVER. You were a fool not to pull out your pistol while traveling around the map. Snipers had a place in CoD 4, and that was on the hills, and roofs. Nobody complained about Snipers on Hillside on pipeline, they dealt with it. Then MW2 came, (I skipped WaW) and everything changed.

MW2 was a different game, for a few weeks it was fine, everybody was enjoying it. Then came the Montages. and Machinima. Anyone remember the days when Machinima was for videos not on Commentary or CoD? It was for funny sketches for games like Halo and CoD. Then like I said Montages and Commentaries became way to popular. Youtube exposed Quickscoping, and Montage wanna-bes to the game. Everyone wanted to be Grizz and 1337 quickscopers. It ruined the experience for me and many other Snipers. Public lobbies were horrendous, everyone accused you for hardscoping if you zoomed in for more than .3 seconds. Snipers no longer had a place in CoD. they were just too dominant for every range.

Now we have Black Ops. Treyarch did the right thing trying to stop this madness, and I thank them for that. But they also ruined Sniping for me. I can no longer go into any CoD game without running into 4-5 Mini Grizzes. it is annoying to see teammates in CoD 4 spinning on the map in Search no-Scoping. It was never like this, It was never supposed to be like this.

As an avid sniper, I want Treyarch to re-nerf the Snipers, for the Gameplay sake. I am seeing more Mini Grizzes since 1.07 patch. It is very annoying in search where instead of your teammate helping you when you are getting shot at by 2 guys, he decides to spin in a circle, and jump off the tower on array killing himself.

If you Quickscope for fun, you ruined the CoD series for everyone that played for fun. As for montages. nothing will stop kids asking their mommies to buy the HD PVRs and I believe this trend will stay here for a long time. Even after CoD.

TL;DR I love sniping, Quickscopers ruined the entire series of cod for me and my friends, this trend will continue for many years to come.
  • 1. Re: I love Sniping || I want Quickscopers to Die.
    halfaspoon

AM iL3GENDx wrote:

Now don't get me wrong, I loved sniping in CoD 4, it is what made it original to me. The only games with snipers I ever played before was Halo 3.(back then Halo 3 was the ****) And Sniping in CoD 4 stood out to me. It was always fun. Going positive never mattered. And nobody ran around Quickscoping, NEVER. You were a fool not to pull out your pistol while traveling around the map. Snipers had a place in CoD 4, and that was on the hills, and roofs. Nobody complained about Snipers on Hillside on pipeline, they dealt with it. Then MW2 came, (I skipped WaW) and everything changed.

MW2 was a different game, for a few weeks it was fine, everybody was enjoying it. Then came the Montages. and Machinima. Anyone remember the days when Machinima was for videos not on Commentary or CoD? It was for funny sketches for games like Halo and CoD. Then like I said Montages and Commentaries became way to popular. Youtube exposed Quickscoping, and Montage wanna-bes to the game. Everyone wanted to be Grizz and 1337 quickscopers. It ruined the experience for me and many other Snipers. Public lobbies were horrendous, everyone accused you for hardscoping if you zoomed in for more than .3 seconds. Snipers no longer had a place in CoD. they were just too dominant for every range.

Now we have Black Ops. Treyarch did the right thing trying to stop this madness, and I thank them for that. But they also ruined Sniping for me. I can no longer go into any CoD game without running into 4-5 Mini Grizzes. it is annoying to see teammates in CoD 4 spinning on the map in Search no-Scoping. It was never like this, It was never supposed to be like this.

As an avid sniper, I want Treyarch to re-nerf the Snipers, for the Gameplay sake. I am seeing more Mini Grizzes since 1.07 patch. It is very annoying in search where instead of your teammate helping you when you are getting shot at by 2 guys, he decides to spin in a circle, and jump off the tower on array killing himself.

If you Quickscope for fun, you ruined the CoD series for everyone that played for fun. As for montages. nothing will stop kids asking their mommies to buy the HD PVRs and I believe this trend will stay here for a long time. Even after CoD.

TL;DR I love sniping, Quickscopers ruined the entire series of cod for me and my friends, this trend will continue for many years to come.

Well if Quickscopers ruined the series, you mustve been playing for awhile. its been around longer than CoD 4.
  • 2. Re: I love Sniping || I want Quickscopers to Die.
    DotHack90

HalfaSpoon wrote:

AM iL3GENDx wrote:

Well if Quickscopers ruined the series, you mustve been playing for awhile. its been around longer than CoD 4.

It didn't become massively popular until MW2 though.
  • 3. Re: I love Sniping || I want Quickscopers to Die.
    halfaspoon

DotHack90 wrote:

HalfaSpoon wrote:

AM iL3GENDx wrote:

It didn't become massively popular until MW2 though.

But thats not MW2s fault is it? Its the players and the communitys fault then. The game didnt say "DO this itl make you 1337 MLG pro at this game!". Wasnt the games fault at all. The community is turning extremely competitive in the wrong areas.
  • 4. Re: I love Sniping || I want Quickscopers to Die.
    Shut up, get skill.

/Thread.
  • 5. Re: I love Sniping || I want Quickscopers to Die.
    halfaspoon

asasa wrote:

Shut up, get skill.

/Thread.

I dont agree with the statement "get skill". Skill has no place in this argument IMO.
  • 6. Re: I love Sniping || I want Quickscopers to Die.

HalfaSpoon wrote:

asasa wrote:

Shut up, get skill.

/Thread.

I dont agree with the statement "get skill". Skill has no place in this argument IMO.

To complain about QSing means you suck or have a horrible understanding of balance.

I dont use it as a playstyle, but it's necessary for it to be possible. Any good SNIPER knows that.
  • 7. Re: I love Sniping || I want Quickscopers to Die.
    Glocninez

asasa wrote:

HalfaSpoon wrote:

asasa wrote:

Shut up, get skill.

/Thread.

To complain about QSing means you suck or have a horrible understanding of balance.

I dont use it as a playstyle, but it's necessary for it to be possible. Any good SNIPER knows that.

stfu bro your a ***.
  • 8. FamasAug is Overpowered.
    iidarkshadowoo

asasa wrote:

Shut up, get skill.

/Thread.

Same could be said about that, no?   
  • 9. Re: I love Sniping || I want Quickscopers to Die.
    halfaspoon

asasa wrote:

HalfaSpoon wrote:

asasa wrote:

Shut up, get skill.

/Thread.

Nor do i, and i agree that it is necessary, but skill doesnt need to be mentioned otherwise it will get very biased and then people will get angry, and then theyl go back to being stereotypical again. Thats how I see it.
1 2 3 Previous Next