13 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2011 5:00 PM by trasidebloodgang RSS

Where Call of Duty should go from here

I'll get straight to it. Call of Duty has always been my favorite video game series. Ever since experiencing that amazing ride I like to refer to as Call of Duty 4. Every true COD fan knows that Black Ops fell very short of our hopes and wishes after Modern Warfare 2 which also was disappointing. I'm also very sad to say that I'm scared shitless for the next installment. Ever since the heads of IW left no one REALLY knows where the series is going. I've came up with some ideas that Activision and the developers of COD, specifically IW and the other devs behind the MW series.

1. Remake Call of Duty 4 for 2011.
          Some will call me crazy for this but what better way to revive the series than remake the game that was and is the undisputed game when players think of COD. Remake COD 4 but take out things like Martyrdom, add 3 - 6 new maps, add 2 weapons to each category, and obviously remake it with the MW2 engine or a newer one (not BO's).

2. Wait to release the next installment until 2012.
          Have IW focus on gaining new staff for their new game. Release COD 4 in 2011 to halt the cravings of fans. Have IW help on the remake to                           gain back experience but have Sledehammer or Beachhead Games (Both are now COD devs) do most of the work. This will allow IW to focus on MW3 or the rumored prequel thing or whatever direction they decide to go.

3. Make a new graphics engine.
          Have you seen Battlefield 3's gameplay. Nuf said. I'm not really a fan of the BF series but I'll be picking this one up just for the eye candy.

4. Possibly start releasing all CODs 2 years apart after the remake and the 2012 game.
          Self explanatory.
  • Re: Where Call of Duty should go from here
    Gaming Isnt A Sport
    You're crazy for two reasons, but a genius for others. Remake Call of Duty 4? Crazy. Black Ops was a disappointment? Crazy.
    2 Hour intervals for Call of Duty games is a legitimate thing for these games. With more complex games devs need more time to improve on them.
    A new engine would be pretty amazing for a new call of duty game. Though not for Modern Warfare 3.
    fidelhoffa
    These are all great ideas that will fall upon deaf ears. The problem is regardless of what developer is on it, the minds behind the Call of Duty 4 are no longer with IW. Also Activision putting 5 devs on CoD is just going to screw this thing up beyond anything we have ever seen. Too many hands in the pot we going to get mystery meat. Black Ops is a great game. It has a wonderful single player, zombies mode is awesome, but the Multiplayer which is what I prefer to play is just so bad. Spawning is worse than the previous CoDs, Lag is worse than the previous CoDs, the maps are lamer than the previous CoDs. I hope the 5 devs pull it together for MW3 but I seriously have doubts.

March 15th Homefront comes out after that Battlefield 3 comes to the scene. Call of Duty needs to do something fast.
    In an article published November 19, 2010, Vivendi chairman and CEO Jean-Bernard Levy of IW stated that Infinity Ward "got over" their problems and are fully reconstructed. According to the article, they are very happy with the way they have been able to reconstruct it. Later in the article, the executive went on to say that there will be three studios working on the Call of Duty franchise, both Raven Software, Infinity Ward, and the newly formed studio, Sledgehammer Games.

Activision has claimed that they realize COD fans want another Modern Warfare game, so they cancelled Sledgehammers orignal COD project and hired them and Raven Software to assist Infinity Ward in finishing their next Call of Duty project. Back in May, after the courtcase, Modern Warfare 3 was said to have been in Pre-production, Infinity Ward was the only company involved with that.

I think we have three very capable companies handling Modern Warfare 3, and it's Robert Bowling here has confirmed that they are going to use the Infinity Ward 4 engine, used for MW2, which is a good sign, since it's graphics are amazing. My expectations are high for this year's Call of Duty game. And never remake a game until a decade after it's release, otherwise it's too soon and rather pointless.
    fidelhoffa
    Next Gen Tactics MW3 trailer release date

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC5yXiP4yz8&feature=fvhl

fidelhoffa wrote:

That was a hoax. Have you seen the new fanmade trailer? That's what was actually released that Wednesday.
    I'm all for a COD4 remake, I think it'd be the best idea yet. Although I'm sure they can't now due to the departure of the main brains of IW and all the ensuing law suits, it'd still be a great idea. Update the graphics, give better spawns, add a few new gamemodes, maybe a couple new maps, and thats all you'd need. Don't take out juggernaut or martydom or frag x3. As annoying as they are, they're part of COD4, and I wouldn't buy it without them. And no I didn't use any of them. I used Claymore x2, Stopping Power, and Deep Impact, I just wouldn't buy that because thats not COD4.

In short: RE-RELEASE COD4!
    fidelhoffa

Bentwood wrote:

fidelhoffa wrote:

That was a hoax. Have you seen the new fanmade trailer? That's what was actually released that Wednesday.

How is it a hoax if it has not even been released yet?

fidelhoffa wrote:

Bentwood wrote:

fidelhoffa wrote:

How is it a hoax if it has not even been released yet?

It wasn't technically a hoax. It was just a way to spark some interest in the trailer.
    Snitch Life
    Well they will probably finish off MW with MW3 but after that, I don't think another modern setting will be suitable.

The only way for COD to live on is to go into the future. (maybe not the distance future like Halo but sort of like Battlefield 2142)

Snitch Life wrote:

Well they will probably finish off MW with MW3 but after that, I don't think another modern setting will be suitable.

The only way for COD to live on is to go into the future. (maybe not the distance future like Halo but sort of like Battlefield 2142)

That would honestly just kill it for me.

They just need to add to the experience, innovate their gameplay, their formular and continue with the settings they are currently preoccupied with.
    need more small maps.