44 Replies Latest reply: Mar 11, 2011 10:14 PM by Jaynh75 ++ RSS

The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!

lsu_coonass
Well everyone, not sure if you have heard yet but Treyarch is under investigation. Some of you will probably be glad about this, i know i am. They are under investigation for intentionally lagging Playstation 3 network. Another words there trying to lag PS3 players into Xbox360. Im so happy sony heard our complaints an started an investigation of there own. Hopefully Treyarch will lose all rights to Call of Duty an ea sports takes it over. Then there wont be any intentionally lagging. Thats so messed up that they would do that just so more people would go out an buy an Xbox.
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    baymeo25

    lsu_coonass wrote:

     

    Well everyone, not sure if you have heard yet but Treyarch is under investigation. Some of you will probably be glad about this, i know i am. They are under investigation for intentionally lagging Playstation 3 network. Another words there trying to lag PS3 players into Xbox360. Im so happy sony heard our complaints an started an investigation of there own. Hopefully Treyarch will lose all rights to Call of Duty an ea sports takes it over. Then there wont be any intentionally lagging. Thats so messed up that they would do that just so more people would go out an buy an Xbox.



    We need sources. Credibility is important.
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    50kWaTTzz
    Check your sources or send me a link cause it could be just a rumor, But I hope so!! Cause we all know for a solid written in stone FACT that microsoft paid craptivision and Lagarch off to make the xbox version better. Whether you agree or not the evidence is there as soon as your ps3 connects to the black ops server! And it's been said from a bunch of different "news" sources whom I trust way more then Failarch and JD_360360. I have played black ops on the 360 and I can say with certainty that it works almost as flawless as MW2!  They are frauds and deserve to get shut down! And I will never ever give them anymore of my money ever again, same with hundreds if not thousands of other players and I guarantee that millions more will follow. And whether you believe me or not I spoke to josh olin and after I asked why ps3's version was dumbed down he said "Let's face it.. ps3 just sucks."! Now watch me get banned off these forums for the third time for saying that!!
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    baymeo25

    50kWaTTzz wrote:

     

    Check your sources or send me a link cause it could be just a rumor, But I hope so!! Cause we all know for a solid written in stone FACT that microsoft paid craptivision and Lagarch off to make the xbox version better. Whether you agree or not the evidence is there as soon as your ps3 connects to the black ops server! And it's been said from a bunch of different "news" sources whom I trust way more then Failarch and JD_360360. I have played black ops on the 360 and I can say with certainty that it works almost as flawless as MW2!  They are frauds and deserve to get shut down! And I will never ever give them anymore of my money ever again, same with hundreds if not thousands of other players and I guarantee that millions more will follow. And whether you believe me or not I spoke to josh olin and after I asked why ps3's version was dumbed down he said "Let's face it.. ps3 just sucks."! Now watch me get banned off these forums for the third time for saying that!!



    Josh Olin said that? That's horrible. I was just starting to like Treyarch. 
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    silentstar1
    If you are the source i don't believe you cause you seem to be the only one who knows this post a link to the source.
    .
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    Ryzbot
    Pretty sure only Sony could 'Lag' their own servers.
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    Jaynh75 ++

    Ryzbot wrote:

     

    Pretty sure only Sony could 'Lag' their own servers.



    its not a server based game its P2P.
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    50kWaTTzz

    baymeo25 wrote:

     

    50kWaTTzz wrote:

     

    Check your sources or send me a link cause it could be just a rumor, But I hope so!! Cause we all know for a solid written in stone FACT that microsoft paid craptivision and Lagarch off to make the xbox version better. Whether you agree or not the evidence is there as soon as your ps3 connects to the black ops server! And it's been said from a bunch of different "news" sources whom I trust way more then Failarch and JD_360360. I have played black ops on the 360 and I can say with certainty that it works almost as flawless as MW2!  They are frauds and deserve to get shut down! And I will never ever give them anymore of my money ever again, same with hundreds if not thousands of other players and I guarantee that millions more will follow. And whether you believe me or not I spoke to josh olin and after I asked why ps3's version was dumbed down he said "Let's face it.. ps3 just sucks."! Now watch me get banned off these forums for the third time for saying that!!



    Josh Olin said that? That's horrible. I was just starting to like Treyarch. 


    Yeah he did, and how could you start to like treyarch? the xbox has always gotten DLC's first, Less frame rate drop EVEN though PS3's graphics cards and just the all around system is much superior to xbox's. They intentionally made ps3's version sh!t because microsoft paid them off or sucked there d!cks or something because xbox version is great almost perfect compared to ps3's version. anyone saying it's just "your connection" is ignorant as all hell because no matter how good your connection is there is still major lag and frame rate drops throughout the game.. also if you don't believe me load the multiplayer and bring up your ps3 menu at the same time it will lag so hard it could choke a horse!
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    50kWaTTzz

    Jaynh75 ++ wrote:

     

    Ryzbot wrote:

     

    Pretty sure only Sony could 'Lag' their own servers.



    its not a server based game its P2P.


    You are right but there are servers for black ops! how else would 600,000 people be on the same network!? They are not dedicated servers they only store data and give the p2p system some to connect too. If they were dedicated then instead of me connecting to you or vise versa we would both connect to that server and have absolutely no lag or getting treyarched!
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    Jaynh75 ++

    50kWaTTzz wrote:

     

    baymeo25 wrote:

     

    50kWaTTzz wrote:

     

    Check your sources or send me a link cause it could be just a rumor, But I hope so!! Cause we all know for a solid written in stone FACT that microsoft paid craptivision and Lagarch off to make the xbox version better. Whether you agree or not the evidence is there as soon as your ps3 connects to the black ops server! And it's been said from a bunch of different "news" sources whom I trust way more then Failarch and JD_360360. I have played black ops on the 360 and I can say with certainty that it works almost as flawless as MW2!  They are frauds and deserve to get shut down! And I will never ever give them anymore of my money ever again, same with hundreds if not thousands of other players and I guarantee that millions more will follow. And whether you believe me or not I spoke to josh olin and after I asked why ps3's version was dumbed down he said "Let's face it.. ps3 just sucks."! Now watch me get banned off these forums for the third time for saying that!!



    Josh Olin said that? That's horrible. I was just starting to like Treyarch. 


    Yeah he did, and how could you start to like treyarch? the xbox has always gotten DLC's first, Less frame rate drop EVEN though PS3's graphics cards and just the all around system is much superior to xbox's. They intentionally made ps3's version sh!t because microsoft paid them off or sucked there d!cks or something because xbox version is great almost perfect compared to ps3's version. anyone saying it's just "your connection" is ignorant as all hell because no matter how good your connection is there is still major lag and frame rate drops throughout the game.. also if you don't believe me load the multiplayer and bring up your ps3 menu at the same time it will lag so hard it could choke a horse!



    No way that microsoft paid them so ps3 would lag.
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!

    Jaynh75 ++ wrote:

     

    Ryzbot wrote:

     

    Pretty sure only Sony could 'Lag' their own servers.



    its not a server based game its P2P.



    And the troll returns after being banned (Jaynh75).  Actually it does use treyarch servers, a sony support guy told me as much.  And Jaynh, calm down and show some respect for other people's opinions.  Calling people names and such just makes you look childish and does nothing to help your point.
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!

    lsu_coonass wrote:

     

    Well everyone, not sure if you have heard yet but Treyarch is under investigation. Some of you will probably be glad about this, i know i am. They are under investigation for intentionally lagging Playstation 3 network. Another words there trying to lag PS3 players into Xbox360. Im so happy sony heard our complaints an started an investigation of there own. Hopefully Treyarch will lose all rights to Call of Duty an ea sports takes it over. Then there wont be any intentionally lagging. Thats so messed up that they would do that just so more people would go out an buy an Xbox.




    1) HAHAHAHA
    2) Even if they dig "Lag the PlayStation Network," who cares! It's their server to do whatever they want.
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    Jaynh75 ++

    Marcus2012(3) wrote:

     

    Jaynh75 ++ wrote:

     

    Ryzbot wrote:

     

    Pretty sure only Sony could 'Lag' their own servers.



    its not a server based game its P2P.



    And the troll returns after being banned (Jaynh75).  Actually it does use treyarch servers, a sony support guy told me as much.  And Jaynh, calm down and show some respect for other people's opinions.  Calling people names and such just makes you look childish and does nothing to help your point.




    its not a viable opinion its so made up there is no way there could be an ounce of truth to it.  Name calling well ok overboard but come on this is the most retarded post that some one could come up to. Any one with an ounce of common sense would not believe this.
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    50kWaTTzz
    [/quote]

    Josh Olin said that? That's horrible. I was just starting to like Treyarch.  [/quote]
    Yeah he did, and how could you start to like treyarch? the xbox has always gotten DLC's first, Less frame rate drop EVEN though PS3's graphics cards and just the all around system is much superior to xbox's. They intentionally made ps3's version sh!t because microsoft paid them off or sucked there d!cks or something because xbox version is great almost perfect compared to ps3's version. anyone saying it's just "your connection" is ignorant as all hell because no matter how good your connection is there is still major lag and frame rate drops throughout the game.. also if you don't believe me load the multiplayer and bring up your ps3 menu at the same time it will lag so hard it could choke a horse![/quote]

    you are an idiot there is no way that microsoft paid them so ps3 would lag.  How dumb are you? i mean seriously did you even think about what you wrote before you hit submit?  This is as retarded as the omg there are frame rate issues crap.[/quote]
    No dude you are retarded, it's all over the place just look and No they did not pay them too make ps3 lag are you stupid!? I said they paid them off to make xbox's version of the game call of duty black ops BETTER and ps3's version COMPLETE TRASH!
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    Jaynh75 ++

    50kWaTTzz wrote:

     

     



    Josh Olin said that? That's horrible. I was just starting to like Treyarch.  [/quote]
    Yeah he did, and how could you start to like treyarch? the xbox has always gotten DLC's first, Less frame rate drop EVEN though PS3's graphics cards and just the all around system is much superior to xbox's. They intentionally made ps3's version sh!t because microsoft paid them off or sucked there d!cks or something because xbox version is great almost perfect compared to ps3's version. anyone saying it's just "your connection" is ignorant as all hell because no matter how good your connection is there is still major lag and frame rate drops throughout the game.. also if you don't believe me load the multiplayer and bring up your ps3 menu at the same time it will lag so hard it could choke a horse![/quote]

    you are an idiot there is no way that microsoft paid them so ps3 would lag.  How dumb are you? i mean seriously did you even think about what you wrote before you hit submit?  This is as retarded as the omg there are frame rate issues crap.[/quote]
    No dude you are retarded, it's all over the place just look and No they did not pay them too make ps3 lag are you stupid!? I said they paid them off to make xbox's version of the game call of duty black ops BETTER and ps3's version COMPLETE TRASH![/quote]


    Ok prove they paid them to make xbox game better? You can not becuase it did not happen. Honestly do you believe what you wrote?
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    Krauser76
    "Yeah he did, and how could you start to like treyarch? the xbox has always gotten DLC's first"

    Please stop talking out of your ass, Activision owns the rights to CoD and they are the ones who made that deal with Microsoft.
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    50kWaTTzz

    Krauser76 wrote:

     

    "Yeah he did, and how could you start to like treyarch? the xbox has always gotten DLC's first"

    Please stop talking out of your ass, Activision owns the rights to CoD and they are the ones who made that deal with Microsoft.


    thank you! not only does xbox get everything FIRST but the game works fine on the xbox like I said.
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    dude, what r u talking about?
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    Jaynh75 ++

    50kWaTTzz wrote:

     

    Krauser76 wrote:

     

    "Yeah he did, and how could you start to like treyarch? the xbox has always gotten DLC's first"

    Please stop talking out of your ass, Activision owns the rights to CoD and they are the ones who made that deal with Microsoft.


    thank you! not only does xbox get everything FIRST but the game works fine on the xbox like I said.



    Thats funny because i own ps3, xbox and a wii and bo plays the same on xbox as ps3 for me strange.
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!

    jzagha wrote:

     

    lsu_coonass wrote:

     

    Well everyone, not sure if you have heard yet but Treyarch is under investigation. Some of you will probably be glad about this, i know i am. They are under investigation for intentionally lagging Playstation 3 network. Another words there trying to lag PS3 players into Xbox360. Im so happy sony heard our complaints an started an investigation of there own. Hopefully Treyarch will lose all rights to Call of Duty an ea sports takes it over. Then there wont be any intentionally lagging. Thats so messed up that they would do that just so more people would go out an buy an Xbox.




    1) HAHAHAHA
    2) Even if they dig "Lag the PlayStation Network," who cares! It's their server to do whatever they want.



    1) No response
    2) We care for not being able to play the damn game. We want to go online and have fun, not suddenly warp to the other side of the maps and get shot in the ******* face or try to jump a gap and fall of all of a sudden. Or try to run straight and fall of a cliff. Or shoot someone in the face 5 times and get killed. Or try shoot someone, run to cover, reload, and get killed 5 seconds later.
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    stonydude
    OK PEOPLE, READ THIS STORY. ONLY THING I COULD FIND EVEN CLOSE TO BEING IN THE SAME CONTEXT AS THE OP'S POST.

    and sorry for shouting, just wanted to get your attention.


    http://pc.incgamers.com/News/26678/unfinished-black-ops-reported-for-government -investigation
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    50kWaTTzz

    Jackel. wrote:

     

    jzagha wrote:

     

    lsu_coonass wrote:

     

    Well everyone, not sure if you have heard yet but Treyarch is under investigation. Some of you will probably be glad about this, i know i am. They are under investigation for intentionally lagging Playstation 3 network. Another words there trying to lag PS3 players into Xbox360. Im so happy sony heard our complaints an started an investigation of there own. Hopefully Treyarch will lose all rights to Call of Duty an ea sports takes it over. Then there wont be any intentionally lagging. Thats so messed up that they would do that just so more people would go out an buy an Xbox.




    1) HAHAHAHA
    2) Even if they dig "Lag the PlayStation Network," who cares! It's their server to do whatever they want.



    1) No response
    2) We care for not being able to play the damn game. We want to go online and have fun, not suddenly warp to the other side of the maps and get shot in the **** face or try to jump a gap and fall of all of a sudden. Or try to run straight and fall of a cliff. Or shoot someone in the face 5 times and get killed. Or try shoot someone, run to cover, reload, and get killed 5 seconds later.



    or get killed while being behind a wall and watching the killcam that shows me just standing there seemingly oblivious. And since microsoft paying craptivision off is so out of the question answer me this; why is it that xbox gets everything first?! is it just coincidence? Like the last patch and map pack.. cause if i recall correctly xbox got it a month or so before ps3. hmmm sounds totally normal that one system is favored over another.
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    Why is it so hard for someone to consider the possibility of The PS3 version of Black Ops being intentionally gimped?
    Get an understanding of the people who own these companies and how they do business.
    Why would anyone trust Activision or Microsoft?
    The community manager is on video saying that the PS3 version IS NOT a port. :o 
    Anyone who believes that BS has nothing but air between their ears. :P

    Of course they aren't going to come out in the open and admit that they screwed Black Ops for PS3.
    Play the game, the proof is in the pudding.
    A pox on both their houses!
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    AnOnYmOUs324
    @OP

    Do not simply make a statement without giving the readers your source of information.  What you "heard", and what you have "read" are two completely different things. It can be assumed that what you have mentioned is that of "rumors."
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    Jaynh75 ++

    J_Papa_Charlie wrote:

     

    Why is it so hard for someone to consider the possibility of The PS3 version of Black Ops being intentionally gimped?
    Get an understanding of the people who own these companies and how they do business.
    Why would anyone trust Activision or Microsoft?
    The community manager is on video saying that the PS3 version IS NOT a port. :o 
    Anyone who believes that BS has nothing but air between their ears. :P

    Of course they aren't going to come out in the open and admit that they screwed Black Ops for PS3.
    Play the game, the proof is in the pudding.
    A pox on both their houses!



    Because that would hurt activisions bottom line of money. Also microsoft has already had a multi billion dollar fine for what they tried to do with internet explorer so not likely they would do anything shady again, but that was with something they owned. If you honestly believe activsion would chance being sued and loose money then well whatever.
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    50kWaTTzz

    J_Papa_Charlie wrote:

     

    Why is it so hard for someone to consider the possibility of The PS3 version of Black Ops being intentionally gimped?
    Get an understanding of the people who own these companies and how they do business.
    Why would anyone trust Activision or Microsoft?
    The community manager is on video saying that the PS3 version IS NOT a port. :o 
    Anyone who believes that BS has nothing but air between their ears. :P

    Of course they aren't going to come out in the open and admit that they screwed Black Ops for PS3.
    Play the game, the proof is in the pudding.
    A pox on both their houses!


    you are a boss. and yeah evidence is in the game!!!! and saying the Failarch and activision wouldn't lie too us is like saying television isn't shooting millions of subliminal messages to everybody watching it everyday. the big corporations only want our money they don't care about telling the truth, hahahaha no big business is worried about whether people will find out or not just how much money they can squeeze out of consumers. Do you think Mcdonalds openly admits to making ridiculously unhealthy processed food? No they don't because they are making billions of dollars off of suckers that continue to buy that garbage. Why would video games be any different? They are making billions of dollars and are only in it for the money, you think they are putting as much time and effort into the games as they possibly could? Hell no, Just like TV is being used to brainwash all of the suckers who sit in front of it for hours on end. Do you think cigarette companies will stop making cigarettes because they are killing millions of people per year? NO BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T STOPPED! Do you really think everything that you hear is truth!? Are you focking blind?! open your eyes sheeple!
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    [quot

    50kWaTTzz wrote:

     

    Jackel. wrote:

     

    jzagha wrote:

     




    1) HAHAHAHA
    2) Even if they dig "Lag the PlayStation Network," who cares! It's their server to do whatever they want.



    1) No response
    2) We care for not being able to play the damn game. We want to go online and have fun, not suddenly warp to the other side of the maps and get shot in the **** face or try to jump a gap and fall of all of a sudden. Or try to run straight and fall of a cliff. Or shoot someone in the face 5 times and get killed. Or try shoot someone, run to cover, reload, and get killed 5 seconds later.



    ...To clarify, I understand that people playing may care. I guess I meant to imply that no one of high power will care. 'Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!" implys that Treyarch will be in any way affected. Other than a few angry player, they will not. ( :
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!

    Jaynh75 ++ wrote:

     

    J_Papa_Charlie wrote:

     

    Why is it so hard for someone to consider the possibility of The PS3 version of Black Ops being intentionally gimped?
    Get an understanding of the people who own these companies and how they do business.
    Why would anyone trust Activision or Microsoft?
    The community manager is on video saying that the PS3 version IS NOT a port. :o 
    Anyone who believes that BS has nothing but air between their ears. :P

    Of course they aren't going to come out in the open and admit that they screwed Black Ops for PS3.
    Play the game, the proof is in the pudding.
    A pox on both their houses!



    Because that would hurt activisions bottom line of money. Also microsoft has already had a multi billion dollar fine for what they tried to do with internet explorer so not likely they would do anything shady again, but that was with something they owned. If you honestly believe activsion would chance being sued and loose money then well whatever.



    All Activision/Treyarch has to do is deny deny deny.  It really takes a lot of chutzpah, but what do they care? They have legal teams to handle things like that.
    I know the difference between piss on my shoes and raindrops.
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    Jaynh75 ++

    J_Papa_Charlie wrote:

     

    Jaynh75 ++ wrote:

     

    J_Papa_Charlie wrote:

     

    Why is it so hard for someone to consider the possibility of The PS3 version of Black Ops being intentionally gimped?
    Get an understanding of the people who own these companies and how they do business.
    Why would anyone trust Activision or Microsoft?
    The community manager is on video saying that the PS3 version IS NOT a port. :o 
    Anyone who believes that BS has nothing but air between their ears. :P

    Of course they aren't going to come out in the open and admit that they screwed Black Ops for PS3.
    Play the game, the proof is in the pudding.
    A pox on both their houses!



    Because that would hurt activisions bottom line of money. Also microsoft has already had a multi billion dollar fine for what they tried to do with internet explorer so not likely they would do anything shady again, but that was with something they owned. If you honestly believe activsion would chance being sued and loose money then well whatever.



    All Activision/Treyarch has to do is deny deny deny.  It really takes a lot of chutzpah, but what do they care? They have legal teams to handle things like that.
    I know the difference between piss on my shoes and raindrops.



    Lol, funny. the possibility that any of this is true is slim to none. People just love to blame things on other people.
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    @ Jay
    We will probably never know for sure how true or untrue it really is.
    Either way, when the next Call of Duty game comes out everyone will forget about Treyarch screwing Black Ops and everything that happened at Infinity Ward and all the rubes will line up to get burned again. :P
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    Jaynh75 ++

    J_Papa_Charlie wrote:

     

    @ Jay
    We will probably never know for sure how true or untrue it really is.
    Either way, when the next Call of Duty game comes out everyone will forget about Treyarch screwing Black Ops and everything that happened at Infinity Ward and all the rubes will line up to get burned again. :P



    The forums will mimic these too lol. There will be people who wont set up there internet come to the forums and point fingers in every way but to them selves.
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    Sunavagun
    The exact framerate drops are in single player and even at the main menu of the game, so it's not server based.

    It's in the GPU. It's a loading problem caused by extreme detail and lighting in the maps that the PS3 GPU cannot handle because their is too much **** on the Disc. Xbox GPU is superior. PS3's CPU was never used along with it's GPU because it's harder to code and takes longer, so they cut a major corner. This is why you see Camo/clan tag delays when you spawn. This is why it takes forever for the PSN to read Black ops multiplayer when you log in. This is why it can't read the frames fast enough to make the gameplay smooth.

    Sony could do something about this. Cause they are doing it to PS Home this spring.
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    Jalane

    Ryzbot wrote:

     

    Pretty sure only Sony could 'Lag' their own servers.


    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't 360 Black Ops operated partly off of Independent servers where as PS3 user such as myself are forced to suffer from the poor connections because our servers our Player hosted.  I believe that is one of the main differences is the dependent and independent servers.
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    Bat~man
    You guys are funny. There are a lot of so called "facts" being thrown around in here without a hint of proof.

    Black Ops struggles on the ps3, that's obvious. All we can do is hope they fix it, or the next game is better. All this investigation talk is rubbish.
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    MabNab
    well if it is them then they deffinetly deserve it but if someone else makes it i wouldnt really want ea sports they make sports games not shooters
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    Death8u4u

    lsu_coonass wrote:

     

    Hopefully Treyarch will lose all rights to Call of Duty an ea sports takes it over.



    Why would anyone want EA's sports division to work on a Call of Duty?

    First of, that's literally impossible considering the fact that Activision owns the rights to Call of Duty, dumbass.  Secondly it wouldn't happen anyway even IF Activision lost their rights to Call of Duty (would require an act of God) as EA's sports division is just that...sports division, dumbass.
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    Sunavagun
    If something shady was done, then only a few people would know about it. A person who had a hand in on porting the PS3 version, and someone undercover for MS who was sent by someone really high up in MS Xbox360 dept. It would have been one of those real shady, mafia type deals, where the undercover approaches the guy and asks him if he'll gimp the PS3 version for thousands of dollars on the side.

    Remember the NBA ref who got caught for fixing and betting games for the mafia for money? It would have been the same exact ordeal with the PS3 Black ops version. This person would have done something no one else knows about that works with him and probably something he or few others knew how to fix, because if you're gonna take that chance to break something, you make sure you do it good.

    And the reason Sony is not doing anything is because no one has left PSN. The same online numbers have not noticeably changed. People are playing through the problems, so why would Sony get all crazy over it?
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    buzz-kill0213(2)
    The original post is slightly true, the only thing is, its not treyarch under ivestigation, its activision, and its going on in the uk. Here, read this link

    http://pc.incgamers.com/News/26678/unfinished-black-ops-reported-for-government -investigation
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    I'm not sure I would say that Treyarch intentionally made an inferior game on the PS3, more rather that it's a by-product of them simply not caring enough to do the job properly.

    Making a bigger stretch, some more cynical members (myself included) believe that Treyarch barely touched the PS3 version during development, instead palming off the 360 assets to Raven Software for the quick and ugly port. Show me someone who says it isn't a poor copy/paste exercise, and I'll show you a Xbox Live message on the PS3 mode screen...

    Finally, more than a few multiplatform titles have shown that console parity is totally achievable - Vanquish, Darksiders, Dead Space 2 and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, anyone? I refuse to accept that Black Ops on the PS3 is anything but the result of laziness, greed and incompetence. From the state of the game, what else could have caused such a regression in quality?

    So the question of precisely how the dud we were sold came to be is rather moot because ultimately, we still have a dud. One can only hope that the negative press and the OFT crawling around will encourage a bit more care and diligence next time around.
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    Jaynh75 ++

    the extractor wrote:

     

    I'm not sure I would say that Treyarch intentionally made an inferior game on the PS3, more rather that it's a by-product of them simply not caring enough to do the job properly.

    Making a bigger stretch, some more cynical members (myself included) believe that Treyarch barely touched the PS3 version during development, instead palming off the 360 assets to Raven Software for the quick and ugly port. Show me someone who says it isn't a poor copy/paste exercise, and I'll show you a Xbox Live message on the PS3 mode screen...

    Finally, more than a few multiplatform titles have shown that console parity is totally achievable - Vanquish, Darksiders, Dead Space 2 and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, anyone? I refuse to accept that Black Ops on the PS3 is anything but the result of laziness, greed and incompetence. From the state of the game, what else could have caused such a regression in quality?

    So the question of precisely how the dud we were sold came to be is rather moot because ultimately, we still have a dud. One can only hope that the negative press and the OFT crawling around will encourage a bit more care and diligence next time around.



    I do not think it was done on purpose, some say Microsoft paid them too lol. Now did they do as good of a job as they could well to some no, i hardly have any issues what so ever with the game and i play for about 4-5 hours a night when i get off work.
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    The one thing that everyone has failed to mention is that xbox is the only system that has been able to play matches with the developers...this then leads the question why the hell didn't ps3 get a play against the developer day....oh wait thats right....they all play on xbox so they are biased tword it, of course they would make it better for the system that they play on.
  • Re: The Truth: Treyarchs day is coming to an end!!!!
    Jaynh75 ++

    bisnitch wrote:

     

    The one thing that everyone has failed to mention is that xbox is the only system that has been able to play matches with the developers...this then leads the question why the hell didn't ps3 get a play against the developer day....oh wait thats right....they all play on xbox so they are biased tword it, of course they would make it better for the system that they play on.



    I do not get the big fuss over that. Who cares they played on the xbox. I wonder if the wii forum people gripe about that too.