15 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2011 5:00 AM by kawz RSS

what will be the next cod4

freakinout
I'm starting to sense it wo'nt be blackops ,the mod tools are just too late to build anything substantial before big releases.So what other game do you think thats in the pipeline will have the longevity of cod4?
  • Re: what will be the next cod4

freakinout wrote:

I'm starting to sense it wo'nt be blackops ,the mod tools are just too late to build anything substantial before big releases.So what other game do you think thats in the pipeline will have the longevity of cod4?

D
    E
    A
    D

DEAD

I hope it does, the old girl needs to be laid to rest like an old faithfull horse or a family pet, not resuracted by some horrible witch doctor called activision and its rancid corpse dragged around for all to see and point at and laugh.
    dicobalt
    They might as well re-release COD4 with better graphics, more guns, more maps, and non stacking kill streaks.
    [BoF]4L4N
    BF3

/thread
    BF3 oh goodie another fail engine from frost, laggy input, boring gameplay (no its not relaxed its boring).

Battle field is a tactical boring shooter, not an arcade adreneline rush, you simply cant compare the two coz they control the top of thier genre's
    I hope that there is not another COD4.... I would like to see something better, better graphics better tools, better server control

I do not want a game released every year, how about spend 4 years making the next title, make it with a good storyline, with Loads of maps (start with 10 small, 10 med. 10 large and 10 really freaking ungodly large), no bugs, beta tested and ready to go out of the box.... Then work on the next one for 4 years and make it better, if you can do it in 2 years, KUDOS to you. How about set some standards as to what a game should be and not just follow the pack.....

BTW, yes the game still runs great for me, just waitin on the mod tools   feeling froggie
    AltMelodium

DBD_LOBO wrote:

I hope that there is not another COD4.... I would like to see something better, better graphics better tools, better server control

I do not want a game released every year, how about spend 4 years making the next title, make it with a good storyline, with Loads of maps (start with 10 small, 10 med. 10 large and 10 really freaking ungodly large), no bugs, beta tested and ready to go out of the box.... Then work on the next one for 4 years and make it better, if you can do it in 2 years, KUDOS to you. How about set some standards as to what a game should be and not just follow the pack.....

That takes time and money. Both of which Kotick doesn't want to spare.
    Kotick does not own the gaming community, but is beholden to it, set the standatrd and stop buying crap...

BTW I looked at Homefront all you boneheads are saying is the next great game      , looks like BF2, same blocky moves, same crappy graphics, but now you get extra garbage to throw at people.... not impressed, it will be nice that most of you sh***heads will be moving to Homefront forums in a couple of hours (no more can I run it posts, or posts demanding xxxxxx)
    AltMelodium

DBD_LOBO wrote:

Kotick does not own the gaming community, but is beholden to it, set the standatrd and stop buying crap...

BTW I looked at Homefront all you boneheads are saying is the next great game      , looks like BF2, same blocky moves, same crappy graphics, but now you get extra garbage to throw at people.... not impressed, it will be nice that most of you sh***heads will be moving to Homefront forums in a couple of hours (no more can I run it posts, or posts demanding xxxxxx)

That's why I'm waiting for Brink instead. 
    freakinout

DBD_LOBO wrote:

BTW, yes the game still runs great for me, just waitin on the mod tools   feeling froggie

i mean with the same impact that cod4 had at launch and longevity so you can get really good at it, not the same graphics etc.
    Kaltzor
    Yea.. another cod4 is totally needed... I played MW2 and WaW before trying it, and comparing to both of them... It felt bland and unimpressive.

[BoF wrote:

4L4N":1bitwus4]BF3

/thread

After we took a beating form EA on Airborne and then BC2 with the nervy "use our approved GSP's", no public Server Files and of course, NO mapping and modding editor, there are those who insist upon fawning all over EA again!

To top it off the users are seemingly hero worshiping DICE.  DICE who so deftly justified no mapping and no modding with their "our engine is too sophisticated to offer tools" BS.

We see the same memory loss behavior all over again. Why?? Are the users that gullible? Or, simply seeking relief from the MW2/BO garbage?

Now we see with BF3;

•    NO choice of GSP
    •     NO Public Dedicated Server files
    •     NO mapping editor
    •     NO modding editor

Too many NO's for me. I'm willing to bet that the price, which is UP ($60.00) from previous MoH titles, yet these ppl will go for it anyway. Pay more... get less. Such a deal!   :shock:
    [BoF]4L4N

Mike Nomad wrote:

[BoF wrote:

4L4N":2cv5gc84]BF3

/thread

After we took a beating form EA on Airborne and then BC2 with the nervy "use our approved GSP's", no public Server Files and of course, NO mapping and modding editor, there are those who insist upon fawning all over EA again!

To top it off the users are seemingly hero worshiping DICE.  DICE who so deftly justified no mapping and no modding with their "our engine is too sophisticated to offer tools" BS.

We see the same memory loss behavior all over again. Why?? Are the users that gullible? Or, simply seeking relief from the MW2/BO garbage?

Now we see with BF3;

•    NO choice of GSP
    •     NO mapping editor
    •     NO modding editor

Too many NO's for me. I'm willing to bet that the price, which is UP ($60.00) from previous MoH titles, yet these ppl will go for it anyway. Pay more... get less. Such a deal!   :shock:

For me, i have never spent any large amount of time in the Battlefield series. I played BF2 for about 2 hours, and BC2 for a couple of hours too, so i have no experience of problems with EA / DICE.

I have always been a CoD player.
    Your comment of "simply seeking relief from the MW2/BO garbage?" pretty much sums it up for me.

BF3 is the only game i have seen so far that could take me away from CoD.

NO choice of GSP - Same as BO anyway so no loss there.
    NO Public Dedicated Server files - i'll be happy if i can /kick cheaters/hackers , what else do we need ?
    NO mapping editor - Same as BO. The maps in BF3 are freaking HUGE anyway.
    NO modding editor - As of 2 days ago DICE are asking all the BF fans what they want in BF3. Now is the time to say.

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=164536

From my point of view, not really getting less. Getting something different with more support !
    juslatter

Mike Nomad wrote:

[BoF wrote:

4L4N":3jc8gx6b]BF3

Now we see with BF3;

•    NO choice of GSP
    •     NO mapping editor
    •     NO modding editor

Do you have a source for this info? Because as I understand it, Dice haven't ruled out mapping/modding for BF3, the engine is not the same as the BF2 game, and has been completely redesigned, potentially allowing such things.
    zbug
    I'm not sure if any big time game will ever allow map making again.  When BF3 comes out, I'll play that and when the next COD comes out, I'll play that, and when the next BF comes out I'll play that and when the next COD comes out I'll play that.....are you seeing a patern here?  I'm not loyal to either of the big 2, they both entertain me for hours and hours.
    kawz

zbug wrote:

I'm not sure if any big time game will ever allow map making again.  When BF3 comes out, I'll play that and when the next COD comes out, I'll play that, and when the next BF comes out I'll play that and when the next COD comes out I'll play that.....are you seeing a patern here?  I'm not loyal to either of the big 2, they both entertain me for hours and hours.

I like all the people who come on here all in a hissy and say they'll never buy another CoD game as long as they live.  We of course all know that they'll be buying the very next one come November.