9 Replies Latest reply: Mar 17, 2011 7:39 AM by DCInferno RSS

For those still having STUTTERING issues

Background - I've been plagued by gunfire stuttering from day one.  Gunfire stuttering - frame rate drop when firing your weapon or getting fired at, often seen as lag from the end user.

Just the other weekend I tried my first unranked match and didn't stutter at all or it was so insignificant that it wasn't bothersome.  I was playing on a hardcore server with kill streaks disabled (I don't know if that matters or not but I thought that it may be useful information).  If you still suffer from gunfire stutter, please try an unranked server, if you notice a difference post your results here.

Regards,
  • Re: For those still having STUTTERING issues
    kawz
    Interesting...

I'd imagine playing unranked would send a LOT less information to the back end so hmmm....
    Grannyoo3

Im420Man wrote:

Background - I've been plagued by gunfire stuttering from day one.  Gunfire stuttering - frame rate drop when firing your weapon or getting fired at, often seen as lag from the end user.

Just the other weekend I tried my first unranked match and didn't stutter at all or it was so insignificant that it wasn't bothersome.  I was playing on a hardcore server with kill streaks disabled (I don't know if that matters or not but I thought that it may be useful information).  If you still suffer from gunfire stutter, please try an unranked server, if you notice a difference post your results here.

Regards,

Barebones is also a non killstreak and non perk game mode. Search for one in ranked and see if there is a difference.

Mind you i have flawless game play since day 1.
    G915
    I haven't played on a ranked server since I reached lvl50 (no prestige, I've got around 300hr in BO and l spent like 30? on ranked public servers), since then I played only unranked/barebones (clanbase matches and stuff) and I still suffer from stuttering issues. Sooo, no, this is not a solution, the problem is deffinitely in the CPU/GPU usage stuff... The lags are smaller and the stuttering less apparent because there's not so many people and no killstreaks but it's all still there.
    PaulOuelette
    Hmmm... Last night, we played a match on our unranked server (12 slots) and had no issues whatsoever. We then switched to our ranked server (18 slots) and lag was pretty bad for everyone.

I think it has more to do with the number of players, the differences in pings, etc ... instead of the server type.

But... most people complain about lag when there's a Huey, so not having them helps, of course !
    p00n
    (off topic)

@Im420Man did you ever get XP sorted for a dual boot?

p00n wrote:

(off topic)

No, the slipstreaming of SATA drivers has stumped me.  I've given up at this point.  I feel defeated by my own PC  

p00n

Im420Man wrote:

p00n wrote:

(off topic)

No, the slipstreaming of SATA drivers has stumped me.  I've given up at this point.  I feel defeated by my own PC  

That's a drag I'd be interested to see if it improved the game for you. For me my issues stopped as soon as I installed XP.
    headpunk
    so this stuttering is like the screen freezes or somthing?

Im plagued with it and its really pissing me off big time. Is there anything I can do in the setting to cure this ?

I went away from the console version because the lag was brutal but the pc version is pretty broken too.
    DCInferno
    That's an interesting Idea. It'd show the that the problem has some **** to do with the leaderboard crap or osme other garbage they're sending on ranked servers.

Sadly sounds like it hasn't worked for most people.

This game is just terrible. End of. There is litterally no defending the awful release and post support they've given. I've not played it since i tested it after the latest update and still recieved constant low FPS and stuttering whenever I saw enemies. I'm waiting on this next supposed "big" update if it ever bloody comes out to give it one more try before I uninstall this garbage. You can't even have fun playing it as a team.

It's truly pathetic how treyarch have handled this game.