20 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2011 4:53 PM by ivan91994 RSS

Still not able to download update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

garretties
So i go to multiplayer the prompt comes up to download i download then after its done it goes to a (loading...) screen and it freezes there!!!
I tried removing the update and downloading it again but it still goes to the loading... on the bottom left of the screen and pauses any suggestions on what to do to make the update work.
  • Re: Still not able to download update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    StondMoose
    Restart your equipment, modem, router, Wii, TV.

Then try it.

If that doesnt work, you are not trying hard enough.
    It's because you're running the game from an SD Card.  The same thing has happened to me and I don't have a fix. It's pissing me off- Wii_Admin was a **** about it and basically called me a hacker, but I've never in my life hacked.
    megablindy
    you hacked your wii, thats a start and dont be cheap buy a hard drive
    xTDSxSCARFACE
    you want to know why. because its a nintendo wii the biggest fail ever.
    megablindy
    The biggest fail sold over 15 million consoles so if you want to play spend 20$ and buy an external HDD
    padiego
    You are running the game off Sd card or USB? then you broke a contract and you should actually go to jail, but they are going easy on you by just taking away your online privileges.
    Tacovendor
    great job..weeding out the hackers one at a time.
    gomu_ninguen
    My brother turned off the wireless connection, so I can't even try to go online =/ FML
    wiiHDomination

padiego wrote:

You are running the game off Sd card or USB? then you broke a contact and you should actually go to jail, but they are going easy on you by just taking away your online privileges.

But I broke a pair of contacts in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door a while back...oh crap, I'm screwed...

xTDSxSCARFACE wrote:

Should be reported for obvious flaming.
    padiego

wiiHDomination wrote:

padiego wrote:

You are running the game off Sd card or USB? then you broke a contact and you should actually go to jail, but they are going easy on you by just taking away your online privileges.

But I broke a pair of contacts in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door a while back...oh crap, I'm screwed...

xTDSxSCARFACE wrote:

Should be reported for obvious flaming.

Thanks for noticing that typo...
    bitterbub

xTDSxSCARFACE wrote:

If you feel that way about the Wii--then don't post here.
    i betrayed xbox

padiego wrote:

You are running the game off Sd card or USB? then you broke a contract and you should actually go to jail, but they are going easy on you by just taking away your online privileges.

LOLWUT? Contract? We have a legal right to make a backup of our games. He's probably having network issues because I'm playing the game off an HDD and I have no issues connecting online. 
    kweagle

xboxer 360 wrote:

padiego wrote:

LOLWUT? Contract? We have a legal right to make a backup of our games. He's probably having network issues because I'm playing the game off an HDD and I have no issues connecting online. 

No, actually, you dont have that right.  Why?  Because in order to make a backup copy, you have to circumvent the copyright protection.   Bypassing copyright protection is illegal.

The only time it is legal to have have a "backup" copy is when the manufacture provides you with a method to do it yourself, which keeps the copy protection intact (ie DVD movies that come with a digital copy).

This is the reason companies will replace scratched or broken game disks nearly free of charge.
    i betrayed xbox

kweagle wrote:

[

No, actually, you dont have that right.  Why?  Because in order to make a backup copy, you have to circumvent the copyright protection.   Bypassing copyright protection is illegal.

The only time it is legal to have have a "backup" copy is when the manufacture provides you with a method to do it yourself, which keeps the copy protection intact (ie DVD movies that come with a digital copy).

This is the reason companies will replace scratched or broken game disks nearly free of charge.

Wii DVDs don't have copyright protection.
    kweagle
    lol, ok.....
    padiego

xboxer 360 wrote:

kweagle wrote:

[

Wii DVDs don't have copyright protection.

Still, it doesnt mean you can go off creating a back up...
    Read the Software Agreements in the back(near the back) of the manual.
    i betrayed xbox

kweagle wrote:

lol, ok.....

No, there really isn't. There's nothing on the disc that stopping me from copying it;therefore, no protection is being circumvented and no laws are being broken.  

padiego wrote:

Maybe in your country, but in America we have the right to create 1 legal back up as long as it's not circumventing any DRM/copyright protection:
    http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/resources/law_issues_for_con sumers/software_backups.html

American Bar Organization wrote:

...most lawyers in this field agree, as do many software manufacturers, that you are entitled to make a backup copy of the software for protection in case the original disk is damaged or defective.

Black Ops Wii is defective since it can burn out your Wii's DVD drive.
    Tacovendor

xboxer 360 wrote:

kweagle wrote:

lol, ok.....

No, there really isn't. There's nothing on the disc that stopping me from copying it;therefore, no protection is being circumvented and no laws are being broken.   :

Actually there is page 8 of the instructon booklet I qoute"Activision grants you the non-exclusive, non-transferable,limited right and licenseto use one copy of this program"  so prertty much suck it..you should know what you talking about before trying to prove someone wrong.

padiego wrote:

Maybe in your country, but in America we have the right to create 1 legal back up as long as it's not circumventing any DRM/copyright protection:
    http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/resources/law_issues_for_con sumers/software_backups.html:[/quote]

why didn't you write the first word of that paragraph in case you forgot it says "Probaly" doe not yes yes or no, and it also has that most lawyers agrees, but it does not says it is a right or a law that you can...don't take it out of context.

...most lawyers in this field agree, as do many software manufacturers, that you are entitled to make a backup copy of the software for protection in case the original disk is damaged or defective.

Black Ops Wii is defective since it can burn out your Wii's DVD drive. [/quote]
    prove it..simple as that
    Perea97

Tacovendor wrote:

xboxer 360 wrote:

kweagle wrote:

lol, ok.....

No, there really isn't. There's nothing on the disc that stopping me from copying it;therefore, no protection is being circumvented and no laws are being broken.   :

Actually there is page 8 of the instructon booklet I qoute"Activision grants you the non-exclusive, non-transferable,limited right and licenseto use one copy of this program"  so prertty much suck it..you should know what you talking about before trying to prove someone wrong.

padiego wrote:

http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/resources/law_issues_for_cons umers/software_backups.html:

why didn't you write the first word of that paragraph in case you forgot it says "Probaly" doe not yes yes or no, and it also has that most lawyers agrees, but it does not says it is a right or a law that you can...don't take it out of context.

Black Ops Wii is defective since it can burn out your Wii's DVD drive. [/quote]
    prove it..simple as that[/quote]

@ xboxer
    stupid stupid stupid
    read the instruction manual

@ tacovendor
    I applaud you
    ivan91994
    can you explain what is going on?