14 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2013 7:56 AM by kerci RSS

How to fix ghost

metallicaz
fix ghost by making flamethrowers one hit kill toward them because they have grass on them that would make less people use ghost and more use flamethrower win win
  • Re: How to fix ghost
    BLAME_ACTIVISION
    That makes sense.

But i think it will take to much effort to inplementing a damage increase against the Ghost Perk, i am pretty sure that there is no code to increase the damage against Ghost in the Sourcecode, so you have to re-write the whole Ghost Perk, i don't see it happening, maybe with the next Call of Duty game.
    metallicaz
    Couldn't they just change the fire damage to the whole class if ghost is equipped just like in private matchs how you can edit explosive damage for certain classes
    This could apply to all fire things like napalm too
    ball ache2008
    Ghost doesn't require fixing. No other perk has a disadvantage and ghost shouldn't become the first. The cost of a perk is that trade off of not choosing another one, this is how balancing works and should not be changed. Ghost is fine
    metallicaz
    Yeah I know I just wanted the flamethrower to be better lol it defiantly needs more ammo I can only get like 6 kills with it
    deadimpact
    I know that Ghost is a popular topic for some people here, but personally I don't think this perk requires 'fixing.'
    And as a flamethrower user, I like that it's not a popular attachment.
    JoLT Gaming
    I don't use Ghost a lot, but even if I say its overpowered it really isn't.

Just think if there are 5 people on the enemy team, and 4 appear on the radar you need to watch your flank, because that guy using Ghost is going to stay away from his teammates when spy planes are up. And if the whole other team is using Ghost (which does happen to me every now and then) just use a motion sensor class.

As well, I believe that people find ghost so overpowered because when there is a spy plane up and 4 of the 6 people are on the radar the team with the spy plane will probably rush those 4 guys on the radar and a guy with ghost may pick them off in the process..  Here is a tip. When a blackbird or spy plane is up don't rush! Wait for them to come around the corner for the easy kill or double kill.
    alocker
    How to fix Ghost: Leave it be
    CrayHD
    This could get easily implemented.
    Just take the Flak Jacket reduce effect and do the opposite of it and give it ghost.
    IRSHOOTU
    Ghost is fine... Why do people think not being seen by spy plane is such a big deal?

And for pro not being seen by kill streaks honestly is not huge.. Stop paying so much attention to you're mini map.
    CrayHD

IRSHOOTU wrote:

Ghost is fine... Why do people think not being seen by spy plane is such a big deal?

And for pro not being seen by kill streaks honestly is not huge.. Stop paying so much attention to you're mini map.

I think it's the fact that many campers tend to use ghost, so people think ghost makes people camp more.
    IRSHOOTU
    Yeah i think people just like crying
    spdy14
    Ghost Pro:
    1- Undetected by Killstreaks
    2- Undetected by IR scopes
    3- No red crosshair or nametag when targeted

Flak Jacket Pro:
    1- Less damage from explosives
    2- No fire damage
    3- Reset thrown back frag grenades

Lightwight Pro:
    1- Move faster
    2- No fall damage
    3-...

Scavenger Pro:
    1- Ressuply ammo
    2- Ressuply Lethal grenade
    3- Ressuply Tactical grenade

Hardline:
    1-Get killstreaks with one less kill
    2- Change the content of a care package
    3-...

Ghost is fine... The other perrks that need more advantages (look at lightwieght and hardline)
    IRSHOOTU
    Lightweight is fine.. I think hardline could use some work but its not a huge deal its still useful for some people i know alot of people who love it.
    kerci

is not there any complain to activision?