36 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2013 7:53 AM by pendeen RSS

poorly made game

badgame
I have to say that this game was sloppily put together.  There are to many problems with the game that have destroyed any fun that can be had in it.  Before you start forming an opinion on my lack of experience on black ops iv prestiged 5 times and close to 6th prestige.  Here is a list of the problems i have found while playing:

1) Hit boxes- You can have the red dot on a guys chest, both you and he are not moving and it won't register a hit, or it will register a hit but 9 bullets later he still isn't dead.  Or even worse you can be in chopper gunner hovering right over person at closest range you can get and it won't register hits on the person.

2) Host Migration- By far the most annoying problem with the game.  Yes, I know this is an online game and you run into issues like this.  My problem comes when the current host gets kicked to pick a new one, then as soon as game resumes it begins picking a new host.  Iv had it repick a host 5 times in a row during one game.  Another issue this game has is sometimes it won't even pick a new host when it is needed.  Played an entire game were everyone had 1 bar of connection to the host. 

3) Connectivity- Getting constantly kicked out of games.  You can say its my connection but when i know multiple people around me all experience the same issue, it makes me believe its more of a problem on treyarch end.  Why produce more games than your servers can hold?  This ruins game play and causes people to lose interest in your franchise.  Was experience it in the last CoD but got this game hoping it would be fixed but its worse.  I can say that i am no longer going to be buying a game from this franchise because of this business strategy they have. 

4) Groups-  By far the most annoying problem with this game.  My friends and I try to start groups up to play together.  You send a game invite to them and you get the message game lobby no longer available.  How can the game lobby be no longer avaliable when the person is waiting on the lobby page and hasn't begun a search for a game?  Or you go to join a friends session and it says game is no longer active when he is saying the game is only half way through and there are 5 open slots.

These are the top 4 issues i have with this game.  Sad that a fun franchise went down the toilet because of poor programming and development.
  • Re: poorly made game
    BadDamnKitty
    You made an account simply to say how much you hate the game?
    badgame
    actually i made the account to bring issues like these to the attention of the game developers.  Granted i won't be buying their next expansion from this but if i hear that these issues were corrected then i might be enticed to buy.  Glad to see though that you felt the need to try and insult me, but to be honest i can't be insulted by a person i will never meet, since i could careless about a person's opinion that has no baring on how i live my life. Just forecasting your next insult, here is my answer.  Treyarch would care because i am a consumer and their job is to satisfy consumers.
    bringinthehouse
    by far the buggiest cod yet .. i play search and on some maps you cant shoot through railings and people take advantage of the poor programing . and the examples of this type of  things are endless
    Yeah, this is the crappiest CoD game. So many problems with it, it makes me think what were they doing all the time while developing it. For me the worst thing is the hit boxes and the host migration. Host migration was not a problem on MW2. So why is it such a gigantic problem in this game? What did they change? Why did they change it? There is not one person in this forum that hasn't been furious at the game after they were just destroying the team and the host leaves and the game is over. Not one person here! It's like a kill streak. In fact I take it like a kill streak so I don't get mad anymore. The hit boxes, or hit detection is terrible. I was very supportive of Stopping Power not being in Black Ops, but now I wish it was. It takes so many bullets to kill someone, even at close range. MW2 and CoD4 weren't perfect but the hit boxes were great. MW2 had the best, but S.P ruined it and made it a two shot kill at any range. Overall, the game feels like it was developed by some company that's barely getting into the gaming scene. But its Treyarch, its Activision. Don't they have any damn shame? I guess not, like Charlie Sheen said: "I got your money already,dude."
    FOUNTAINofYOUTH
    Great post.  Ignore the idiot that gave you a problem for addressing this.
    sstang1
    I like the game itself - its just the fact that they didn't optimize it for the PS3 so it runs like crap that bothers me - fix the frame rate and I'd be a happy buyer.

Not gonna happen ..... I pray they don't let this carry on to MW3.
    DrewAllan
    Well, The Overall Game was a good idea..But, I think they need too put more effort in too the ps3. Also, I do agree The Host Migration on the ps3 needs too be fixed. But overall the games good.. I love it.

daca213 wrote:

Yeah, this is the crappiest CoD game. So many problems with it, it makes me think what were they doing all the time while developing it. For me the worst thing is the hit boxes and the host migration. Host migration was not a problem on MW2. So why is it such a gigantic problem in this game? What did they change? Why did they change it? There is not one person in this forum that hasn't been furious at the game after they were just destroying the team and the host leaves and the game is over. Not one person here! It's like a kill streak. In fact I take it like a kill streak so I don't get mad anymore. The hit boxes, or hit detection is terrible. I was very supportive of Stopping Power not being in Black Ops, but now I wish it was. It takes so many bullets to kill someone, even at close range. MW2 and CoD4 weren't perfect but the hit boxes were great. MW2 had the best, but S.P ruined it and made it a two shot kill at any range. Overall, the game feels like it was developed by some company that's barely getting into the gaming scene. But its Treyarch, its Activision. Don't they have any damn shame? I guess not, like Charlie Sheen said: "I got your money already,dude."

I agree 10,000%, i've been playing MW2 again fulltime for a months straight now, the hitboxes and the hit detection is perfect, not to mention, i love modern sexxy looking weapons and attachments.
      pendeen

I know i am never buying a Treyarc game again im sorry i mean i have got so frustrated at the flippin game i actually broke my controller and if i keep playing it i reckon i will properly die of a heart attack lol i not sure wether to get call of duty ghosts  because i know its properly going to be the same thing i might just get battle field 4 what do you think

Death8u4u

Sstang1 wrote:

I pray they don't let this carry on to MW3.

Save your prayers for something worthy of it.  There's no hope with Raven developing the online, you'll see more issues than you do with Black Ops.
    Rambler2248
    interesting points...

- i know i don't have as many issues as you have with the game, unless i'm playing with my brother who lives in turkey. initially i had connection problems and lag problems but then i changed my region to the states only and i rarely have a lag problem (1 out of  40 games played). but when i play with my brother, i switch back and play with others in other countries and have major lag problems. 

- another problem you may run into, if and when you play with a large party/clan. myself, i typically run by myself and when i see a room full of 6 people all in the same clan, i won't play with them as do many others. i personally think it's a disadvantage as i'm running with people i don't know and it's hard to put a good team together. so people leave and that starts your host problems. i personally think there should be a core-TDM/Domination/etc... for clan teams to compete against each other.

there are some bugs but you will have them in any game. it's only a game, i know i won't play it if it's that bad, like mw2 with it's hacking.
    sstang1

Death8u4u wrote:

Save your prayers for something worthy of it.  There's no hope with Raven developing the online, you'll see more issues than you do with Black Ops.

First of all it's good to see you admit there are issues - you usually say everything is perfect and all problems are in the posters head.

I've heard it rumored ... but do we know for a fact that Raven is responsible for the crappy port of Black Ops from the Treyarch developed Xbox 360 version ?  

I've searched and can't find the answer.
    Death8u4u

Sstang1 wrote:

First of all it's good to see you admit there are issues - you usually say everything is perfect and all problems are in the posters head.

I've heard it rumored ... but do we know for a fact that Raven is responsible for the crappy port of Black Ops from the Treyarch developed Xbox 360 version ?  

I've searched and can't find the answer.

I've never denied there being issues with the game.  I always say >>MY<< game runs fine, probably where you got the idea I said things work perfectly fine.

Activision doesn't want it to be known that Raven ported the game.  They want to maintain the "illusion" that Treyarch managed to port the game with one PS3 engineer.  Raven is the only company that had the ability to port the game over, everyone else either didn't have rights to the game yet (Sledgehammer) or simply didn't have the staff to do it (Infinity Ward)
    FOUNTAINofYOUTH

Death8u4u wrote:

I've never denied there being issues with the game.  I always say >>MY<< game runs fine, probably where you got the idea I said things work perfectly fine.

I find that hard to believe unless you play on XBOX, and even then... yeah, just not possible.
    Death8u4u

FOUNTAINofYOUTH wrote:

I find that hard to believe unless you play on XBOX, and even then... yeah, just not possible.

Do I really need to sit here and record me going through every single inch of the game showing you video proof that my game has no issue whatsoever with running?

Note, host migrations and such still occur but that is completely unavoidable.
    Standby_Hero
    I just wanted to add that yesterday I was playing a Dom match on WMD.  Me and this other guy ran into each other near C flag and decided to do the same strafing pattern while aiming down the sights at each other throwing bullets.  I think we also had the same weapon (AK47) while doing this.  It was hilarious because we empty a full clip into each other before my character wussed out and decided to bleed everywhere and die.

Watching the killcam, he was going through the same thing (minus the bleeding part).

At least it was mutual. Har har.
    HORDO_
    Oddly I find this game a work of sheer genius. 10 years ago the thought of playing a realistic game with an avatar shooting mutiple types of wepeons, running, exploding, killcams, and theatre with several 'views' was impossible. So it needs some bugs fixed. Its still fun as hell.
    sstang1

Death8u4u wrote:

Activision doesn't want it to be known that Raven ported the game.  They want to maintain the "illusion" that Treyarch managed to port the game with one PS3 engineer.  Raven is the only company that had the ability to port the game over, everyone else either didn't have rights to the game yet (Sledgehammer) or simply didn't have the staff to do it (Infinity Ward)

Well if I worked at Treyarch I'd be sure to let it leak that Raven was responsible for the mess.  Still don't believe you have no issues - everyone I know that has this game has the frame rate problem.  They've all tried the 720P thing which has helped some.
    FOUNTAINofYOUTH

Death8u4u wrote:

Do I really need to sit here and record me going through every single inch of the game showing you video proof that my game has no issue whatsoever with running?

Note, host migrations and such still occur but that is completely unavoidable.

No, you don't.. I still find it hard to believe.  I would never put you through the trouble of defending it.. and you have no reason to.

I assume this isn't your first COD?  You've been playing since COD4 right?
    UnderTheBridge
    The worst problem this game has by far in my opinion is the lag, or latency, whatever you wanna call it. but I can't count how many times ive come upon an enemy and shot half of my clip into his chest only to die and the killcam show i hadnt even started firing yet. This seems like its even gotten worse lately. its the most frustrating thing knowing that so many of your deaths are because of the poorly made game and not the fault of your own. i can fully accept dying when i know the other guy just outplayed me, but in this game more than any other ive played, i just feel like alot of my deaths are because of this lag (latency). i dont even feel good about having great games anymore because i just think to myself "those guys were probably just having a crappy connection" lol i have to stop playing the game at times because if i kept playing it i think i would end up snapping the disc in half lol. its disappointing because the game's content is really good and can be really fun, but the technical side of it, for the ps3 anyways, just cancels out any fun to be had most of the time.
    FOUNTAINofYOUTH
    "i can fully accept dying when i know the other guy just outplayed me"

THIS X 10000000.

50-75% of the time that is not the case though.  It's usually due to some BS reason.
    Death8u4u

FOUNTAINofYOUTH wrote:

No, you don't.. I still find it hard to believe.  I would never put you through the trouble of defending it.. and you have no reason to.

First Call of Duty I played was on PS2, Finest Hour.  Played every single release since then.

As for Stang.  I'm fairly certain it WAS a Treyarch employee that let it slip.  The reason we know that Treyarch didn't port the game is because of the credits not listing more than one PS3 engineer.  Vahn has also only ever referred to "one" guy as well when it comes to contacting the PS3 "team".

And again, I literally do not have any issues with the game.  Ever since 1.05 my game has ran like a dream.
    Izjar99

badgame wrote:

I have to say that this game was sloppily put together.  There are to many problems with the game that have destroyed any fun that can be had in it.  Before you start forming an opinion on my lack of experience on black ops iv prestiged 5 times and close to 6th prestige.  Here is a list of the problems i have found while playing:

1) Hit boxes- You can have the red dot on a guys chest, both you and he are not moving and it won't register a hit, or it will register a hit but 9 bullets later he still isn't dead.  Or even worse you can be in chopper gunner hovering right over person at closest range you can get and it won't register hits on the person.

2) Host Migration- By far the most annoying problem with the game.  Yes, I know this is an online game and you run into issues like this.  My problem comes when the current host gets kicked to pick a new one, then as soon as game resumes it begins picking a new host.  Iv had it repick a host 5 times in a row during one game.  Another issue this game has is sometimes it won't even pick a new host when it is needed.  Played an entire game were everyone had 1 bar of connection to the host. 

3) Connectivity- Getting constantly kicked out of games.  You can say its my connection but when i know multiple people around me all experience the same issue, it makes me believe its more of a problem on treyarch end.  Why produce more games than your servers can hold?  This ruins game play and causes people to lose interest in your franchise.  Was experience it in the last CoD but got this game hoping it would be fixed but its worse.  I can say that i am no longer going to be buying a game from this franchise because of this business strategy they have. 

4) Groups-  By far the most annoying problem with this game.  My friends and I try to start groups up to play together.  You send a game invite to them and you get the message game lobby no longer available.  How can the game lobby be no longer avaliable when the person is waiting on the lobby page and hasn't begun a search for a game?  Or you go to join a friends session and it says game is no longer active when he is saying the game is only half way through and there are 5 open slots.

These are the top 4 issues i have with this game.  Sad that a fun franchise went down the toilet because of poor programming and development.

I have to argue that your view is flawed. Errors in programming is probably going to persist in every game made by a man. Errors are normal, yes its annoying to get kicked out, to have friends not able to join, not to kill someone when you believe they should be. But from your experience 6th prestige, you have dedicated more time than I'm sure your parents, girlfriend, boyfriend, wife, sister, grandmother would like. I don't know how old you are, but from the sound of it you never played NES or any of the third generation video games in the 8-bit era. If so, you probably wouldn't complain as much. But to enlighten how great this game actually is, play a round of the original donkey Kong, Mario brothers, and you tell me after that how "poorly made" this game is! I'm going to refrain from calling you names, because your opinion is valid, I do agree, but to whine about this game sounds like a spoiled **** who never played an NES. Terrible post!
    UnderTheBridge

Death8u4u wrote:

FOUNTAINofYOUTH wrote:

First Call of Duty I played was on PS2, Finest Hour.  Played every single release since then.

As for Stang.  I'm fairly certain it WAS a Treyarch employee that let it slip.  The reason we know that Treyarch didn't port the game is because of the credits not listing more than one PS3 engineer.  Vahn has also only ever referred to "one" guy as well when it comes to contacting the PS3 "team".

And again, I literally do not have any issues with the game.  Ever since 1.05 my game has ran like a dream.

well if you think your game runs like a dream, i think someone may have performed inception on you and planted the idea in your head that the game runs so well lol. kidding, but if yours really does run that well then you're one lucky s o b. at times my game runs pretty well, but more often than not lately its run like complete crap. it was really stunning when i bought mw2 again and saw just how much better that game runs online than black ops. its just now that game is horribly balanced and is full of noob tubers and quickscopers. pick your poison i guess lol.
    UnderTheBridge

Izjar99 wrote:

badgame wrote:

I have to argue that your view is flawed. Errors in programming is probably going to persist in every game made by a man. Errors are normal, yes its annoying to get kicked out, to have friends not able to join, not to kill someone when you believe they should be. But from your experience 6th prestige, you have dedicated more time than I'm sure your parents, girlfriend, boyfriend, wife, sister, grandmother would like. I don't know how old you are, but from the sound of it you never played NES or any of the third generation video games in the 8-bit era. If so, you probably wouldn't complain as much. But to enlighten how great this game actually is, play a round of the original donkey Kong, Mario brothers, and you tell me after that how "poorly made" this game is! I'm going to refrain from calling you names, because your opinion is valid, I do agree, but to whine about this game sounds like a spoiled **** who never played an NES. Terrible post!

the fact that you have to compare black ops to nes games to make it seem great kind of tells you just how bad it is lol.  i like the games content but it was badly put together from a technical standpoint
    REMIX8604
    the game is still buggy. even still freezes up on me from time to time. hit detection is a damn joke. that is my biggest problem with this game. when i shoot somebody i want them to die lol i was sniping the other day and all day for plenty games, i clearly hit people 3-4 times with the L96A1 no silencer and no kill. i even hit a few in the head. still no kill.

i dont know about the rest of you, but this is THE LAST treyarch game ill ever buy. NOW im waiting to see what Respawn Entertainment comes out with. the head guys of IW running the show. now with a developer and environment artist from the God of War series, i bet their making a FPS like COD but with killer graphics like the god of war games.
  • Re: Annoying Problem
    UK Marshall
    I play cod Black Ops on xbox 360 and find by far that the worst problem is being brought into a game on an already heavily losing side with no chance of winning and the match almost over and then receiving a loss for it! I have had this happen at times for up to six games in a row and on average about every other game. It's especially annoying if your trying improve your combat record. I can't help thinking the designers didn't think this aspect through thoroughly.....
    UnderTheBridge

REMIX8604 wrote:

the game is still buggy. even still freezes up on me from time to time. hit detection is a damn joke. that is my biggest problem with this game. when i shoot somebody i want them to die lol i was sniping the other day and all day for plenty games, i clearly hit people 3-4 times with the L96A1 no silencer and no kill. i even hit a few in the head. still no kill.

i dont know about the rest of you, but this is THE LAST treyarch game ill ever buy. NOW im waiting to see what Respawn Entertainment comes out with. the head guys of IW running the show. now with a developer and environment artist from the God of War series, i bet their making a FPS like COD but with killer graphics like the god of war games.

yeah this is definitely the last treyarch game for me, maybe even the last cod game unless i hear many of the issues with black ops have been ironed out. and yeah im really looking forward to what the old infinity ward guys are up to a Respawn, and battlefield 3 is lookin mighty fine.
    T-MInus76
    As someone said before me and numerous before you, this is the most poorly made COD ever made. But not gameplay wise, in terms of gameplay it's the most balanced so far....maybe. But technically I think that my grandpa's pet dog could have made this game a bit better, for every console no less. Sure, the 360 guys experience less issues but they still b*tch and moan almost as bad as we do.

In all honesty no one can even say that Treyarch particularly favored the 360 in this game, it's made like garbage no matter which console you play on. It doesn't matter what anyone says, I doubt it is humanely possibly to make a game as buggy as this, excluding Fallout: New Vegas.
  • Re: Annoying Problem
    REMIX8604

UK Marshall wrote:

I play cod Black Ops on xbox 360 and find by far that the worst problem is being brought into a game on an already heavily losing side with no chance of winning and the match almost over and then receiving a loss for it! I have had this happen at times for up to six games in a row and on average about every other game. It's especially annoying if your trying improve your combat record. I can't help thinking the designers didn't think this aspect through thoroughly.....

happens on ps3 too. not really a big deal.. its simple. people are getting owned so they leave the game. they need somebody to fill those spots. and thats you
    badgame

Izjar99 wrote:

badgame wrote:

Well to start it off your last statement about me being a spoiled **** contradicts what you are trying to prove. By you having to say that you are in a simplified form mimicing the post that I made. While I as stated in my second post clarified the reason for the thread is to bring problems I have encountered ingame to treyarchs attention. You on the other hand made a post to bring what you felt my errors were to my attention.

to get back on topic I will answer your question you proposed to me.  I have played donkey kong and Mario brothers before.  Off the top of my head I am not sure how long ago those games were made but as stated in the comment above mine, it is funny that you are trying to link this game (black ops) to those made a long time ago. If I am not mistaken we have vastly improved the technology that they used back when they made donkey Kong. I have also played other shooting games before.  On n64 i played golden eye as my first shooting game.  The next shooting game was on my PC called delta force land warrior.  While those games had poor graphics compared to what black ops has i can say they had better game play.  I was older when i played land warrior so I'll comment on that granted it was a PC game but i think it can still get my point across.  The hit boxes on that game worked smoothly.  The developers might have lacked in graphics but game play went smoothly and when you lined your cross hairs up on the target...wait for it.....you actually hit them and saw blood splatter.  I know amazing right?  My overall opinion for games is if they have to lack in something i would rather it be in graphics that actual gameplay like hit detection.
    50kWaTTzz
    I always thought the number one rule to an online FPS is that where your gun is pointing thats where the bullet will hit.. But tis not true for this wreck. MW2 is so much better then black ops in literally every way possible.
    xxx_gitem_bloc_xxx

Sstang1 wrote:

I like the game itself - its just the fact that they didn't optimize it for the PS3 so it runs like crap that bothers me - fix the frame rate and I'd be a happy buyer.

Not gonna happen ..... I pray they don't let this carry on to MW3.

i agree with you on this. when MW3 comes out it will be the first time i've ever rented a PS3 game b4 actually buying it because of BO. I have never, but will always from now on rent COD before i buy it.
    sovietSpetsnazwarrior
    It depends on how you see it MW2 had noobtubers and onemanarmy noobs at least black ops doesn't have that problem and besides this isn't Treyarchs fault it's Activision fault because they try to get these games out fast as they can to make money
    Now... Black Ops freeze like everyday for me =/
    Not lying.
    xxx_gitem_bloc_xxx

UnderTheBridge wrote:

The worst problem this game has by far in my opinion is the lag, or latency, whatever you wanna call it. but I can't count how many times ive come upon an enemy and shot half of my clip into his chest only to die and the killcam show i hadnt even started firing yet. This seems like its even gotten worse lately. its the most frustrating thing knowing that so many of your deaths are because of the poorly made game and not the fault of your own. i can fully accept dying when i know the other guy just outplayed me, but in this game more than any other ive played, i just feel like alot of my deaths are because of this lag (latency). i dont even feel good about having great games anymore because i just think to myself "those guys were probably just having a crappy connection" lol i have to stop playing the game at times because if i kept playing it i think i would end up snapping the disc in half lol. its disappointing because the game's content is really good and can be really fun, but the technical side of it, for the ps3 anyways, just cancels out any fun to be had most of the time.

agreed all the way. a lot of times i lose all of my confidence in laggy games. i'm not bragging but i am a beast at COD BO, as soon as i get in to a laggy room my confidence vaporizes. anything goes in laggy rooms, but nothing in your favor. most of the time i will fire off a good 5 bullets into my enemy before he even gets a shot off only for him to up his gun in the middle of me blasting away at him, and I die. WTF. sleight of hand pro is BS a lot of times. how can i ADS faster then my enemy, be more accurate than my enemy, shoot him first, and i die first. most of the time i will sit there in disbelief as i watch the kills cam and my enemy swings around while im shooting him and fires from the hip and all of his bullets connect only the hitmarkers were no where near where i am standing............ it baffles me.