31 Replies Latest reply: Apr 7, 2011 8:21 AM by flamedevil RSS

Call of Dead? what a great title treyarch

fogell playa
What are you ideas about the latest news on the new map pack coming out may 3rd?
  • Re: Call of Dead? what a great title treyarch
    Spectre--
    Well since every map is better than the last, it's gonna be epic!
  • Re: Call of Dead? what a great title treyarch
    vheezy
    call of the dead? how could they go from names like; der riese "five", kino der toten, and ascension to something like call of the dead, i mean yea its cool, but... how is this going to work? it doesnt seem like it would fit in!
  • Re: Call of Dead? what a great title treyarch
    I'm pretty sure the name is Survive, which makes me question, will this be the first map that you can? ( actually win and not die)  And I doubt that this will be the name, I think it will change, unless they come out with some sort of reason for it being called Survive (or call of the dead).  Everyone thought that Ascension, based off of a russian launch facility, was a really stupid name and a really stupid idea, but it turned out to be pretty damn awesome

    And I question that every map was better than the previous one.  To me, verruckt and Shi no numa are about the same and Five, which I don't think was ever planned, was a really bad map imo due mostly to its size and cramped areas.  Der Riese and Kino are debateable, Kino possibly only being better because we had to deal with Der Riese as the last map for over a year from W@W.
  • Re: Call of Dead? what a great title treyarch
    vheezy
    i wish i knew where it takes place.... all i know is their better be vehicles. such as the motercycles on campaign. or chopper gunners or something. newer weapons. and hopefully new zombies. ANY IDEAS WHERE IT TAKES PLACE?
  • Re: Call of Dead? what a great title treyarch
    Clandestine50mg
    if it is call of the dead it wont just be.. call of the dead... it will be in another language i.e.:

    shi no numa---swamp of the dead
    der reise---the giant
    kino der toten---theater of the dead

    my point being most zombies maps translations sound a lil lame. it will sound better if its not english 
  • Re: Call of Dead? what a great title treyarch

    vheezy wrote:

     

    i wish i knew where it takes place.... all i know is their better be vehicles. such as the motercycles on campaign. or chopper gunners or something. newer weapons. and hopefully new zombies. ANY IDEAS WHERE IT TAKES PLACE?



    Since every map ever has been based off of a mp map from the previous map pack (exception is Kino since it came w/ BO and "Five" which is based off of a campaign level and/or a scrapped pentagon level for mp) it would make sence that it has elements from First Strike.

    NDU: Airfield
    Verruckt: Assylum
    SNN: Knee Deep
    Der Riese: (I dont remember, some map from Map pack 2)
    Ascension: Launch
    Survive: I think it wil be based off of Discovery, due to the fact that it would tie in well with zombies (an abandoned German WW2 research facility), the fact that they are overdue for a snow map, and since there is a switch in discovery just like the power switch from zombies.  However, there were no such clues in Launch or any other previous mp map, so this is all a guess.

    Call of the dead in German (google translate, so might be wrong): Aufruf der Toten
    Sounds a lot better, right?
  • Re: Call of Dead? what a great title treyarch
    vheezy
    call of the dead in GERMAN is "Aufruf der Toten" by the way
  • Re: Call of Dead? what a great title treyarch
    Clandestine50mg

    vheezy wrote:

     

    call of the dead in GERMAN is "Aufruf der Toten" by the way


    see that sounds awesome now xD point proven
  • Re: Call of Dead? what a great title treyarch
    vheezy
    so do you think a vehicle would be cool? i was thinking an airplane, just cuz the blade could mess stuff up. even if u cant fly it. what do u think?
  • Re: Call of Dead? what a great title treyarch
    DudeSean
    I think it will be Call of the Dead, in English. That's what it says on the poster, and the other maps for Black Ops are in English, except for Kino Der Toten which was originally supposed to be for World at War, where all the maps were in other languages. Call of the Dead does seem like a rather generic name, but five, ascension and theater of the dead are all pretty generic, too. The only real difference about it is that it does not imply a location.
  • Re: Call of Dead? what a great title treyarch
    vheezy
    that would most likely mean the characters would be from "five"
  • Re: Call of Dead? what a great title treyarch
    DudeSean

    vheezy wrote:

     

    that would most likely mean the characters would be from "five"


    I do believe it's going to be Danny Trejo, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Robert Englund and Michael Rooker.
  • Re: Call of Dead? what a great title treyarch
    vheezy
    huh? who are they and what do they have to do with zombies? just wondering?
  • Re: Call of Dead? what a great title treyarch
    drop dead
    i ll buy the map pac because zombies,multiplayer is just boring i play Crysis2 multiplayer at the moment!
    the info looks to be legit!they anouce something soon!!
  • Re: Call of Dead? what a great title treyarch
    Something i find interesting is the fact that its called call of the dead and in ascension you get called by the people from five but nobody knows why could have been a hint towards something.
  • Re: Call of Dead? what a great title treyarch
    selectyeti89
    if theres zombies to be killed I will be happy. no matter what characters(I like richtofens gang and the five people). I just hope they have more variety for guns like maybe ppsh, mg, browning, thompson, trench, m60, ak47, and all that good stuff. or at least some of it but they already have it planned out so probably not.
  • Re: Call of Dead? what a great title treyarch
    kaos/ps3
    what if this is the map to link up all characters. 8 player zombies.. sounds good
  • Re: Call of Dead? what a great title treyarch
    Personally i think its going to be based of the map Firing Range.. there are so many clues on that map, which points to it being a possible zombie map.
  • Re: Call of Dead? what a great title treyarch

    vheezy wrote:

     

    call of the dead? how could they go from names like; der riese "five", kino der toten, and ascension to something like call of the dead, i mean yea its cool, but... how is this going to work? it doesnt seem like it would fit in!




    do you know what kino der toten means ? or how about nacht der untoten

    find out !! , then ask yourself the same question you just asked us.
  • Re: Call of Dead? what a great title treyarch

    SkiLLz-uK wrote:

     

    Personally i think its going to be based of the map Firing Range.. there are so many clues on that map, which points to it being a possible zombie map.



    the clues are on every single MP map.

    you just have only seen them on firing range because you listen to the kids on this message board.

    if you use your initiative you can find them every where.
  • Re: Call of Dead? what a great title treyarch

    500lb wrote:

     

    and Five, which I don't think was ever planned, was a really bad map imo due mostly to its size and cramped areas. 




    lol. i dont seem to have a problem in the so called "cramped areas" .

    and i am pretty sure it was planned.

    you don't just decide to throw something like that in at the last minute.
  • Re: Call of Dead? what a great title treyarch

    BrutalMan22 wrote:

     

    SkiLLz-uK wrote:

     

    Personally i think its going to be based of the map Firing Range.. there are so many clues on that map, which points to it being a possible zombie map.



    the clues are on every single MP map.

    you just have only seen them on firing range because you listen to the kids on this message board.

    if you use your initiative you can find them every where.



    True... but imo firing range has the most potential and could possibly be at night instead of day ...the map name survive also goes with that map tbh... and i dont listen to cod scrubs or kids thanks buddy.. i make my own mind up on things kk?
  • Re: Call of Dead? what a great title treyarch

    SkiLLz-uK wrote:

     

    BrutalMan22 wrote:

     

    SkiLLz-uK wrote:

     

    Personally i think its going to be based of the map Firing Range.. there are so many clues on that map, which points to it being a possible zombie map.



    the clues are on every single MP map.

    you just have only seen them on firing range because you listen to the kids on this message board.

    if you use your initiative you can find them every where.



    True... but imo firing range has the most potential and could possibly be at night instead of day ...the map name survive also goes with that map tbh... and i dont listen to cod scrubs or kids thanks buddy.. i make my own mind up on things kk?



    how many more clues are there on firing range than on discovery ?
  • Re: Call of Dead? what a great title treyarch
    Well theres the teddy bear.. the quarantine sign thing and the PaP flags.. sure theres one or 2 more but, i have yet to explore discovery to find clues please tell us what clues you know?
  • Re: Call of Dead? what a great title treyarch
    score38

    vheezy wrote:

     

    call of the dead in GERMAN is "Aufruf der Toten" by the way


    aufruf sounds like a dog barking aurfruf XD lol
  • Re: Call of Dead? what a great title treyarch
    Navy1227

    500lb wrote:

     

    Since every map ever has been based off of a mp map from the previous map pack (exception is Kino since it came w/ BO and "Five" which is based off of a campaign level and/or a scrapped pentagon level for mp) it would make sence that it has elements from First Strike.



    Kino Der Toten was originally going to be placed in Map Pack 5 of World at War DLC, with its multiplayer variant probably in it as well.

    "FIVE" is based off of the cut MP map "Pentagon", which was basically a larger version of the basement(?) of "FIVE"

    Although, so far I don't think we have had a DLC map that has been based off another DLC map, have we?

    SkiLLz-uK wrote:

     

    Well theres the teddy bear.. the quarantine sign thing and the PaP flags.. sure theres one or 2 more but, i have yet to explore discovery to find clues please tell us what clues you know?



    There are zombie clues in practically every multiplayer map... With the most being in Firing Range and, possibly, Discovery. There's even zombie references in the singleplayer, although only one that I can think of at the moment.
  • Re: Call of Dead? what a great title treyarch
    A1phaT04D
    Call of Dead in Korean is...  jug-eum-ui jeonhwa
  • Re: Call of Dead? what a great title treyarch
    PVTshaver
    why would it be in korean its NAZI ZOMBIES ie GERMAN duh thinking with your brains
  • Re: Call of Dead? what a great title treyarch
    Navy1227

    PVTshaver wrote:

     

    why would it be in korean its NAZI ZOMBIES ie GERMAN duh thinking with your brains



    Then why would we have American Zombies in "FIVE"?

    Or Soviet Zombies in Ascension?

    What about the Imperial Zombies in Shi No Numa?


    But I do see your point... Why Korean?
    I believe (s)he was stating what it is in Korean for the comedic part of this discussion.
  • Re: Call of Dead? what a great title treyarch
    fogell playa
    the story on the gamestop app said it was call of the dead... so i figured it just might be the name. i didnt take into consideration that they could translate it. also its part of the escalation map pack with 4 new mp maps
  • Re: Call of Dead? what a great title treyarch
    Im thinking , Call of the dead is a new game-type for zombie mode.
    simply for the fact that qurantaine means a bug group of people (40 over but thts not relavant)