34 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2011 12:33 PM by ZwinT RSS

Quick Scoping problem on PC

Alppain
Quick scoping still not working even after 1.7 patch FIX. I wish devs fix it asap or it will newer be fixed >_>
  • Re: Quick Scoping problem on PC
    kelaroost
    quick scoping is dumb and prety much pure blind luck in anycase, who cares if it dont work realy as it hardly shows of skills at all realy,
    as you shoot at someone you dont actualy get to see to even aim at, so wheres the skill in that.
    Its no different trying to shoot at a target in the pitch black and saying its skillfull when it just isnt.
    Im glad its broken myself
    Hatsune Miku

Alppain wrote:

Quick scoping still not working even after 1.7 patch FIX. I wish devs fix it asap or it will newer be fixed >_>

He's working,but only in combat training,check it out.I hope that these changes for sniper riffle in training will be release in usual multiplayer...
    Dylvo
    Kela, you obviously don't know anything about quickscoping so don't talk crap.
    Alppain

He's working,but only in combat training,check it out.I hope that these changes for sniper riffle in training will be release in usual multiplayer...

Yeah. You actually right.. Lets try to bump this thread till they fix it.
    Gvillewideout

kelaroost wrote:

quick scoping is dumb and prety much pure blind luck in anycase, who cares if it dont work realy as it hardly shows of skills at all realy,
    as you shoot at someone you dont actualy get to see to even aim at, so wheres the skill in that.
    Its no different trying to shoot at a target in the pitch black and saying its skillfull when it just isnt.
    Im glad its broken myself

lmao quickscoping takes the most skill. its people like you who just dont understand how the mechaniacs in quickscoping works that ruined it for the rest of us.  try playing with a sniper sometime jesus christ!!!
    Rutk
    Really?
    I can try quick scoping but the bullet is very random.
    Alppain
    Bump.
    Black_Flops

Alppain wrote:

Bad luck, go play MW2 with all the other QS noobs......
    asasa

Black_Flops wrote:

Alppain wrote:

Bad luck, go play MW2 with all the other QS noobs......

Yep; its nooby, yet it something people do for a challenge.

It's easy because you aim and shoot, but apparently aiming and spraying is harder.

Its cheap, but any QSer will do better with an AR.
    harraj128
    True they fixed the sway but the bullet path is ruined since the patch.... This needs to be fixed.
    rubbertoes
    quick scoping isnt in blops.....

encourages snipers to use their sidearm at close ranges -.-
    jhupanen

rubbertoes wrote:

quick scoping isnt in blops.....

encourages snipers to use their sidearm at close ranges -.-

QS'ing actually WAS in "blops" before the patch.
    After the 1.7 was released, I sent a support ticket to Activision asking if they were planning on fixing the random bullet movement.

My Question:
    Now that the v.1.7 sniper ADS has been removed, the bullet still goes straight only after 1.5 seconds of waiting.
    Was this supposed to be fixed but was another mistake, or are you not even planning on fixing it?

Their response:
    Hello,
    This was unintentional, a fix is currently being developed to rectify this issue.
    You can keep track of PC updates by visiting;
    http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtop ... 1&t=313146

So I really hope the guy knew what he was talking about, and that they're actually doing something about this, since QS'in in multiplayer + Ascension are the only fun things to do in this game anymore. Tired of Aku rapid fire steady aim ballistic knifers.
    Alppain
    Thanks for your reply, jhupanen!

since QS'in in multiplayer + Ascension are the only fun things to do in this game anymore.

Same there.
    jnnsk
    Lol nob, its freaking easy
    Ive been doin since I started
    If youre zoomed in BANG but dont jump or somethin or else you get spray like you probally do..
    YourComputer
    I joined a snipers-only server yesterday, and i didn't have much trouble with the L96 in close confrontations. You sure there's still a problem?
    harraj128
    There still is a problem.. You hit much less before the patch.. They need to just revert sniping back to pre-patch... The hit detection is fked or its the bullet that is fked one or the other.
    MRHAWK
    Yes it's true, when they fixed the config for sniper up it had a initial sway and certain time limit before the bullet went anywhere near to the centre of the scope. Then when they patched that all that happened was the sway was taken out, but the time limit deciding whether you get a kill or be killed still remains.
    This needs to be fixed so that the snipers are like they were before the mix up. Only the insanely good quickscopers would be getting respectable scores anyway, and you NEVER, well barely ever see a sniper at the top of a leaderboard in an allgun server.

Please improve the sniper by reverting it to before the ruining patch
    harraj128
    every needs to keep this thread at the top and also send messages on twitter to @pcdev about this issue.
    [FR]TheSorrow
    Your fighting a losing battle, they made it that why it wasn't on accident why do u think sleight of hand pro faster ads don't work on snipers anymore . Plus QS is the gayest thing ever.
    harraj128
    *Bump* Need to be fixed
    blackbank2
    Instead of bumping this topic, try to contact PCDEV on Twitter.
    Alppain

We are keeping this thread alive for more people to contact pcdev on twitter!
    MRHAWK

Alppain wrote:

We are keeping this thread alive for more people to contact pcdev on twitter!

sure are
    harraj128
    I message pc dev telling him to fix it everyone needs to do this!
    FKGSparrow
    I just checked, my overall accurancy on the l96 is 41.1%
    Since the patch and patch fix my accurancy droped 20%, half of the shots i should hit are now misses. Not that my overall accurancy changed but game for game I have only around 20% accurancy. The K/D rates and Scores are pretty much the same K/D is jumping around 1-6, comes up what gametype I play, these records are made in a Sniper only server and I really feel that I miss much more, kinda freaks me out when I need 7 bullets to hit an enemy and another 3 to kill him.
    I would love to show some gameplay of befor the patch and after it but the recording on the server is disabled.

I also realized that the variable zoom is much more messed up than the normal scope, and I dont run around with steady aim like most of the ppl do to get atleast some atvantage in close combat.

I had much more fun befor this patch massacre on sniper 
    jhupanen
    Black_Flops
    QS isn't broken.......You idiots need to learn how to play.
    -Hairy-

Black_Flops wrote:

QS isn't broken.......You idiots need to learn how to play.

No your an idiot.

QS has never worked in BLOPS. And after the patches it has become worse.

As soon as you scope up, the sway in the gun is ridiculous for around 1 second. Normally a QS is done within that 1 second.

another problem is when your bang on your sights to hit someone yet it somehow misses. Your team mates say you werent on him at all, slightly too far up and to the right is the main thing they say. But going back and watching your demo, you are smack bang on him.

GAME IS BROKEN
    drockzzz
    There is no problem with quickscoping because there is no quickscoping on PC =]
    So QS is hard?

Funny...I did it one day in MW2 just to see what all the BS was about. Pretty god damn simple to me. Started getting bitched at for doing it.

So here is this stupid glitch where you can QS and get one shot kills all day and you think it is skill? Whatever. Same thing goes for noob tube then. I am skilled at that. What about RPG? How about a 360 RPG kill? Wow! Impressive. Quit thinking that it's some super hard skilled thing. And for the people who think snipers can't get very high on the scoreboard in BO...please. Not that hard on a decent map with short range joes everywhere. Not to mention you do carry a pistola.

Love it when someone hits me with a Tom and is like "HA! HA! Look at me". Just stick a bolt to their forehead. Bah! Everyone gets a cool kill every once in a while.
    MRHAWK
    ^ Way to just make everything you say after the first 2  sentences meaningless.

MW2 you can scope and pretty much be on the person so fast that they havent moved an inch.
    Wybie123
    They accidentally gave us the sniper patch in 1.7, they said it was a mistake and they were working on a fix, and it came out very fast, and i was happy for about 5 minutes. I tried it in combat training, and it was back to normal, even the psg1 was a more consistent one hit kill. I then went on to online and there is where the problem is. The fix only delt with combat training and not online, i dont understand how that is even possible, i assume the two modes are some what connected.

I thought the sniping in black ops was perfect, you could qs, but it took a bit more skill to gget the big scores, yes anyone can qs, but not consistently. I love this game, and other then a few minor flaws (not counting the coding) its a very solid game. I just want the sniper back to what it was before 1.7.

If u dont like snipers or are just going to come on here and flame please don't, iv heard all the hate before and I know where it comes ffrom.

PCdev hasnt said anything since the fix, if it isnt solved il probably just give up on this game as it was the one bit of variety that was actually fun

Anyone have any info, pls put it here

And dont compare blops sniping to mw2 sniping, mw2 was a joke and is the reason the sniper was nerfed
    jhupanen
    Hey guys, quick update.

PCDEV said on twitter 14 hours ago that they're testing the sniper fix now.
    This probably means that whatever they're doing to snipers, it's gonna be online in a day or two.
    He also said mod tools are coming next month.
    Whatever happens from now on, this is the last bump for this.
    Hope for the best!

Come snipe with us: www.frozensnipers.com
    ZwinT
    Yes, the devs have still not fixed the sniping after the unintentional sway. The sway is gone, but the random bullet is still there. combat training is fixed, you can clearly feel the different between combat training and multiplayer.
    People that are saying qs is cheep, got no clue. When you're using a sniper you're at a disadvantage compaired to people with automatic guns. It's one shot, one kill. And winning a match or doing good/positive with a sniper is a lot harder than it is with for example a aug or ak-74u. Stop hatin' tryhards..