1 2 3 4 Previous Next 58 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2011 7:18 PM by dropshotz324 Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: Does EA really think it can take down call of duty!
    It won't beat COD because it's not laid back like COD. It's more tactical. It isn't go out in the open shoot this shoot that.

Plus about that article I don't know what it's talking about. At no point was Medal of Honor meant to take down Call of Duty. Now if there was a comparison for storytelling and the campaign MoH would definitely win. It's always been about storytelling. DICE didn't care about MoH. Which is why it received the support it did. I love the game but it receives no support whatsoever. I was happy to hear that DICE will not be involved in MoH's sequel. MoH2 will however use the Frostbite 2 Engine. Now if Danger Close does the game properly and supports it, I hate to say it because I love COD as well but if done properly MoH can take Call of Duty down.
  • 11. Re: Does EA really think it can take down call of duty!

CoD Golden GoD wrote:

i will also enjoy both, But as far as BF3 goes i cant compare MW3 with it because it has yet to be announced and also does not have any game footage yet!

Im not sure why people say this will be most rushed cod yet it started production right after the last mw2 map pack! which was May 2010 Thats plenty of time!

I'm not too confident. Since the two main geniuses behind the game have left it, with some of it's staff, not too sure about it. Not too sure.

I think Raven Software is making the multiplayer. I think they "helped" Treyarch make it.

There is also that fact the two devs who started the franchise are suing to have the modern warfare franchise back. I assume infinity ward's a mess and their next COD will be one too.
  • 12. Re: Does EA really think it can take down call of duty!
    TheCarGuy

CoD Golden GoD wrote:

i will also enjoy both, But as far as BF3 goes i cant compare MW3 with it because it has yet to be announced and also does not have any game footage yet!

Im not sure why people say this will be most rushed cod yet it started production right after the last mw2 map pack! which was May 2010 Thats plenty of time!

6 months is plenty of time? Can I have what you're smoking?

But then again, see as they just re-used MP40 At War's game engine (which came from IW/COD4) and just threw in new stuff without testing, I could see how they might have just enough time to release a crappy game.

I guess you never saw the word "pre-alpha", meaning before anything is even thought of truly being done.

Until BF3 is released, comparing black flops to BF3 is like comparing a Ferrari to a minivan.
  • 13. Re: Does EA really think it can take down call of duty!
    Gvillewideout
    it wont beat cod on first day sales no chance. but if EA makes the game good enough people might make the transition.
  • 14. Re: Does EA really think it can take down call of duty!
    DrewAllan
    hmm, It's going too be really really really hard too make me switch too ed.. I highly doubt they will beat C.O.D
  • 15. Re: Does EA really think it can take down call of duty!
    schmambuman

CoD Golden GoD wrote:

Id like to see you get off your ass and make a call of duty game in a year or more, stop trashing the game unless you can do better!
    Oh but wait you can't so shut it, because as far as it goes Battlefield 3 goes, it ain't beating CoD, im sorry but it takes more than a year to say you can take down a successful game!

better luck next time EA!!

I'd say that because of the massive fan base of COD, it will most likely beat BF3 even if they just released the game with only the main menu included, with the only way to play the game by subscription. Does that make it a better game? Hell no. COD is so popular because it is incredibly easy to just pick up and play. No teamwork involved, lone wolf style, fast paced gameplay. BF has teamwork, and bigger maps, and more health, which means slower gameplay. It's not fair to compare them, COD is an arcade shooter, BF is more of a tactical shooter. I prefer BF, lots of people prefer COD. COD seems so stale to me, it feels like I'm shooting the same people every time, not like in Battlefield, where I feel like I earned every kill. Whether it's a perfectly aimed sniper headshot across the map, to a perfectly aimed pro pipe that takes out a building. Even nooby things like chopper whoring at least takes a slight bit of skill.
  • 16. Re: Does EA really think it can take down call of duty!
    EA definitely has a chance it has a new take on mp

But don't get me wrong I love cod and I like BO

But however nothing lasts forever.
  • 17. Re: Does EA really think it can take down call of duty!

schmambuman wrote:

CoD Golden GoD wrote:

Id like to see you get off your ass and make a call of duty game in a year or more, stop trashing the game unless you can do better!
    Oh but wait you can't so shut it, because as far as it goes Battlefield 3 goes, it ain't beating CoD, im sorry but it takes more than a year to say you can take down a successful game!

better luck next time EA!!

I'd say that because of the massive fan base of COD, it will most likely beat BF3 even if they just released the game with only the main menu included, with the only way to play the game by subscription. Does that make it a better game? Hell no. COD is so popular because it is incredibly easy to just pick up and play. No teamwork involved, lone wolf style, fast paced gameplay. BF has teamwork, and bigger maps, and more health, which means slower gameplay. It's not fair to compare them, COD is an arcade shooter, BF is more of a tactical shooter. I prefer BF, lots of people prefer COD. COD seems so stale to me, it feels like I'm shooting the same people every time, not like in Battlefield, where I feel like I earned every kill. Whether it's a perfectly aimed sniper headshot across the map, to a perfectly aimed pro pipe that takes out a building. Even nooby things like chopper whoring at least takes a slight bit of skill.

I think you took the words right out of mind. Completely true that they are completely different in gameplay style so why are they compared? They have one thing in common the fact that they are both shooters.
  • 18. Re: Does EA really think it can take down call of duty!
    JohnniReb

IkillZombies125 wrote:

Hey noob and all you other 5 year old cod noobs who suck at every game but can get a .5 kdr in COD so that makes cod the only good game

MW3

Raven Software no name company making MP
    SledgeHammer and the new noobier IW on campaign
    Same crappy engine but miles better then horrid 3arch engine last gen
    same copy n paste
    Needs 3 devs and most rushed cod to date

BATTLEFIELD 3

New NEXT GEN Engine
    Destruction - no camping
    Jets - Nuff said along with Tanks Choppers Boats etc etc
    Epic Maps that require teamwork and give a real war feel
    Dedicated Servers - No Lag Hit detection Host BS
    Balanced just like every BF game

COD4 - Amazing for its time besides lag nade spam
    W@W - POS PS2 graphics lag hit detection everything ****
    MW2 - Better engine introduced custom kilstreak pro perks etc etc but Hacking Noobtubing Commando etc etc omfg
    BO- Horrible ps2 graphics lag hit detection copy and paste introduced nothing new face paint custom emblems who gives a ****

3arch can't make games for **** and rides of teh real iw's success but there dead and so is cod

so hate all u want cod noob but ur game is made for 8 year olds

butt hurt much? i swear all this Treyarch hate is moronic. especially considering the hate is simply because they arent IW. Black Ops' grapics are ps2 level come on man, get your head out of your ass. IT"S THE SAME ENGINE AS MW2 MORON. the graphics are the same if not better. and i've been with CoD since 2.
  • 19. Re: Does EA really think it can take down call of duty!
    I'm honestly more excited about Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City.   And The 3rd Birthday which is already out. Sadly I can't get it. Don't have the money for it. It would be nice to play something else. I going through a FPS overload here. First Medal of Honor then Black Ops then Killzone 3. Finally Battlefield 3. I need something else to play besides these modern and other FPS games. DNF!!!!!    MK!!!!!!!    RE: ORC!!!!!!    Aliens Colonial Marines!!!!    These titles need to hurry up.
1 2 3 4 Previous Next