1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 58 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2011 7:18 PM by dropshotz324 Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: Does EA really think it can take down call of duty!
    thatdoomguy
    *slurp* *slurp* *slurp*
  • 21. Re: Does EA really think it can take down call of duty!
    ghosthound
    EA has delusions of granduer if they think they can beat Call of Duty. 
  • 22. Re: Does EA really think it can take down call of duty!
    schmambuman

GhostHound wrote:

Well obviously people who like battlefield more like me will think BF is better, and people who like COD more will think COD is better. It's just the way it works. More people like COD because it has an easier learning curve. I have a bunch of friends who hated BF because they died a bunch without getting kills, and I literally forced them to play it, and now it's all they play. Not to mention COD has a huge fanbase with short attention spanned 12 year olds.

COD will obviously beat BF3 in sales, but the real question is, will it be a better game?
    I think if you take the changes from MW2 to BLOPS, and compare them from the changes from BF2 to BF3 (not counting spinoffs, but we can count them too if you want) you will see the answers, young grasshoppers.
  • 23. Re: Does EA really think it can take down call of duty!
    twinwolf954

schmambuman wrote:

GhostHound wrote:

Well obviously people who like battlefield more like me will think BF is better, and people who like COD more will think COD is better. It's just the way it works. More people like COD because it has an easier learning curve. I have a bunch of friends who hated BF because they died a bunch without getting kills, and I literally forced them to play it, and now it's all they play. Not to mention COD has a huge fanbase with short attention spanned 12 year olds.

COD will obviously beat BF3 in sales, but the real question is, will it be a better game?
    I think if you take the changes from MW2 to BLOPS, and compare them from the changes from BF2 to BF3 (not counting spinoffs, but we can count them too if you want) you will see the answers, young grasshoppers.

Only time will tell. Anything is possible. I love the whole concept of BF, but it's just too slow-paced for me. I loved Battlefield: Bad Company - I used to play it all the time and kick ass in it (or at least pretend that I did). That was before I was introduced to the COD series, though. I loved the whole multiplayer concept of BF:BC2, but I ended up turning it in due to the lack of the fast-paced action that the COD series is currently known for. I felt bad for the guys who would die because they had to endure the spawn period, and run a long distance to get back into battle (for this reason, I used the Medic class to the best of my ability to save them the trouble of going through all that).

However, I will not dismiss Battlefield 3 because of experiences with previous titles. I'd be willing to try out the next installment, especially if they speed things up a little (although I doubt that this will happen; fanbase risk). We also haven't heard much about the next Call of Duty installment either, so I really can't make any predictions.
  • 24. Re: Does EA really think it can take down call of duty!
    MovinSoSlow18
    There are around 400,000 people online for black ops on the ps3 alone. How many do you think are playing bad company? Or homefront? Or crysis? Yes those are good games i agree, but they do not appeal to the crowd who is addicted to call of duty's fast paced action. I am 100 percent certain battlefield will not come even remotely close to taking down call of duty.
  • 25. Re: Does EA really think it can take down call of duty!
    Every time battlefield comes out with a new game everyone says its the new "COD killer", then a month or two later battlefield is in the bargain bin at gamestop.
  • 26. Re: Does EA really think it can take down call of duty!
    alexwoodgarbage
    EA CEO, John Riccitiello:

This game is designed to take that game down. If you’re looking for a battle of the titans, a Red Sox versus Yankees, if you’re trying to understand if it’s Microsoft versus Google and what the tip-off point is for this holiday season — this is it. There’ll be a couple of hundred million dollars of marketing between these two products going head-to-head; similar designs, we think we’ve got the better product. It’s going to be a blast.

This guy loves his job. I like that.
  • 27. Re: Does EA really think it can take down call of duty!
    DynamicStriker

CoD Golden GoD wrote:

EA is gunning with activision this year, but in reality CoD topples this game anyday!

I'm a hardcore COD player, but BO missed the mark for me, and many others. Its inconsistent connection and bugs (latest one I've seen is after a host migration I lose my kills) has left me feeling let down. Like a loyal dog that is getting old and shats on the floor, I don't want to put it down, but the best thing for both of us would be to let it go and move on.
  • 28. Re: Does EA really think it can take down call of duty!

CoD Golden GoD wrote:

Link - http://nerdreactor.com/2011/04/07/ea-plays-hardball-says-battlefield-3-is-design ed-to-take-call-of-duty-down/

EA is gunning with activision this year, but in reality CoD topples this game anyday!

Really EA you think you can topple 22 million units sold on BO not to mention MW3 will probley brake that record!

Im gonna go with 28 million units sold for CoD and i dont think BF3 will even reach 10 million units!

Reason MW3 has 3 companys working on this project i hope they learned their lesson from Mw2 and take all the crap out of that game, add everything BO added, but add more customization, go back to 10 prestiges 55 lvls, give me something better than spec ops, give it more playability!!

Reason BF3 it just doesnt have that feel, the controls, vehicles, slow gameplay!

ill Buy both but Nov 1st ill get BF3, but once CoD comes out sometime in mid nov goodbye BF3 for a while!

In all honesty I do NOT know why EA makes such bold statements every time. First it was MOH, then Crysis and now Battlefield 3. CODs merits are based in it's Multi Player aspects. Okay this year Black Ops messed up this year with a lot of the community suffering from the effects of lag compensation but hopefully MW3 will sort it out. Battlefield is more of a tactical game and not everyone likes that style of play.

However, it seems every game to date this year has problems on line, so for the first time I will not be buying on release day.
  • 29. Re: Does EA really think it can take down call of duty!
    DynamicStriker

majnu wrote:

Okay this year Black Ops messed up this year with a lot of the community suffering from the effects of lag compensation but hopefully MW3 will sort it out........

...... so for the first time I will not be buying on release day.

^^ this and this

Well said, and my sentiments exactly