39 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2011 1:04 PM by Romanticide RSS

How MW3 can put a stop to boosters

thebiindsniper

Here are a few ideas that will nearly kill boosting in MW3:

1. You cannot send an invite while you are searching for a match, while in FFA, or if your team is full.

2. You cannot join a friend/recent player's FFA match--ever.

3. If you try to join a friend/recent player's team based game, you can ONLY be on their team.  If their team is full, but the enemy team is open, you still cannot join.

4. Tac Inserts removed in FFA only.

So with these ideas, not only is boosting harder, but if people were somehow able to boost due to in game chat or messages, Call of Duty Elite steps in to pwn those losers.  Nuff said.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

http://www.youtube.com/ruggedsavior

• How MW3 can put a stop to boosters

Sure, these are good ideas, butSH doesn't seem to think it's a problem, I read an interview a while back where they stated "a bit of boosting does no harm"   Facepalm.....

I know people who does this all the time join the friend lobby and then be on the opostive team and let they friends get all the kill to call higher killstreak I KNOW a lot of people who did these to get the nuke emblem in MW2

• Re: How MW3 can put a stop to boosters

I don'tthink they need to do much more to the game to limit it then just ban the ones who do boost.

I don't really care about boosters because boosting does not give you an unfair advantage (unlike death streaks).

rankismet

By following thorugh with swift action to reports of it.

... not feeling any level of confidence they will.

I like to play ranked FFA with friends some times... its boring when theres only 2-3 of us TBH if they just disabled TI for FFA it be kinda hard to boost.

jamesafc

rcbaseball13 wrote:

I like to play ranked FFA with friends some times... its boring when theres only 2-3 of us TBH if they just disabled TI for FFA it be kinda hard to boost.

Yeah, a lot of people played FFA legit with friends. I did on Black Ops for a bit - Had a friend with similar stats to me, was a lot of fun with the banter.

All they need to do is take the TI out

thebiindsniper

rcbaseball13 wrote:

Unfortunatly, despite how some people can play FFA legitimatly with friends, other kids take advantage of the join in progress, in order to boost.  It happens too often, to the point where the cheaters outweight the non-cheaters.  Therefore, it means the join in progress feature has to be completely sacrificed for FFA.

Blame the kiddy boosters for that.  If you want to have a FFA with friends, the only solution is to host open private lobbies.  Or, maybe IW can create a non-ranked playlist, with a mixture of gametypes, that do not reward you with challenges, does not unlock anything, and does not help you increase your rank.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

brandaman

They'll just be banned.

iamhollywood5

I would like to see all that happen but honestly I think just removing the Tac Insert from FFA would clear up a lot of the problem.  I'm kind of appalled honestly with the way Sledgehammer and IW act like boosting isn't a big deal and are almost tolerant of cheating.  It's a slap in the face to the community really, how did they not learn their lesson from MW2?

The illigitimately earned titles/emblems/camos bothers me but it doesn't bother me nearly as much as boosters ruining my FFA games, that's the worst part of it.

ghosthound

If they have eliminated 'cage matches' boosting will be minimal, if not...

mdub

thebiindsniper wrote:

Here are a few ideas that will nearly kill boosting in MW3:

1. You cannot send an invite while you are searching for a match, while in FFA, or if your team is full.

2. You cannot join a friend/recent player's FFA match--ever.

3. If you try to join a friend/recent player's team based game, you can ONLY be on their team.  If their team is full, but the enemy team is open, you still cannot join.

4. Tac Inserts removed in FFA only.

So with these ideas, not only is boosting harder, but if people were somehow able to boost due to in game chat or messages, Call of Duty Elite steps in to pwn those losers.  Nuff said.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Or you could simply use the theatre to ban the boosters. Why would IW ruin FFA for people who legitimately play against friends

vims1990

Why not just completely remove the Tactical Insertion from ALL game modes.

All I've seen from both Black Ops and MW2 is that in Black Ops, the T.I's were abused from demolition spawn trapping teams and in MW2, it was used for FFA boosting.

I haven't used the T.I once in any COD game and I haven't seen a reason to use it. Give the game the power to choose where you spawn.

Did we ever need it in COD4 or WAW?

vims1990 wrote:

Why not just completely remove the Tactical Insertion from ALL game modes.

All I've seen from both Black Ops and MW2 is that in Black Ops, the T.I's were abused from demolition spawn trapping teams and in MW2, it was used for FFA boosting.

I haven't used the T.I once in any COD game and I haven't seen a reason to use it. Give the game the power to choose where you spawn.

Did we ever need it in COD4 or WAW?

i never played MW2 (i won't play ANY game with no dedicated server) but i have played BO and in my server there is a no camping behind enemy flag rule. (we play CTF) how ever T.I.'s are a major part of CTFstratigy using one bhind the enemy flag is not concidered camping when used to run flags. and defenders being able to respawn at their post is also quite helpfull. you have to remember that with every perk there are advantages as well as disadvantages. lol made a guy rage quit onece; because as i was defending my flag, i caught him over and over planting his insert; killed him, then waited for him to respawn, and killed him again...lol

so pretty much dont let you play ffa with friends? retard

iivrruummii

Not all boosting happens in FFA.  But it is the easiest to do because you only need 2 people.

Domination is one of the fastest ways to boost levels.

pj600r

Unfortunately it's not just FFA that people will boost in.

I've just reported someone on BO for it in S&D so it won't be just confined to that game mode.

They must lead a sad life if that's how they get there fun.

thebiindsniper

I understand that boosting occurs in other gametypes.  And the reason for that, is because friends and recent players can join in progress, and be on opposite teams.

If you read my idea, you should know that I mentioned how friends and recent players, who join another friend or recent player's match, cannot be on opposite teams--even if the enemy team has open spots.  If they incorporated that idea, you won't find much boosting at all.

The only way people can boost with these ideas added, is if they talk to the lobby about boosting, or if they spam messages about it.  Someone will be agreeing to boost, but  due to the fact he had to talk or spam messages, now others in the lobby will know of his plan--and therefore, they'll search for them, and hunt them down.

And for people who think the FFA idea is kinda bad, I know it's not a favorite idea for legitimate players, but I explained that in the replies above.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

To be clear, 100% against ffa. However it is free for all and if you get in there with a friend and you want to play together I don't see a violation of the rules.

Theres nothing worse than friggin boosters man. I used to hunt them deliberatly in MW2 found it great fun as soon as I hit 10th prestige I just messed around killing the boosters lol

I love MW2 for the boosters once I hit 10th prestige the game got boring so I started unting boosters :-)

havent read all of the replies, so this might have been said already, but:

the solution is actually a lot more simple than many people think, a few lines of code for each game type could stop the whole problem. for example, in demolition boosting (planting a bomb, friend defuse, you plant again etc), a line of code to notify developers if someone has made more than 4 plants in a minute (or something similar). the game can then be checked via elite (as it saves your games to your account) to see if it was boosting or if it was legit.

if it was boosted, 1 week ban. 2nd offence, another 1 week ban. 3rd offence, a month ban and so on.

goosu2006

yeah, when i actually became interested in COD when getting my first ps3 back in February, i was first gonna get MW2, because people kept singing praises of it. Then i actually bought it, and took it back after a matter of a week. Boosters ran rampant. I do really hope that IW truely learned their lesson from MW2, and will crack down on boosters that are sure to make the switch from MW2, since BO did go a long way in at least making it a little more difficult to boost. I cant remember where i found this info, but i read that IW will have a dedicated team that will specifically monitor matches, and sometimes even join matches as players to police suspected boosters and/or cheaters. This game is lookin great, so actively cracking down on low life boosters, and actively supporting the game post release with patches and such for balancing will make the experience that much better.

Correct me if Im wrong but I do believe that Robert Bowling did state that CoD Elite will stop alot of hacking/boosting and that they will be keeping track of it alot better.  Maybe the hate mail on Mw2 for me will stop with people calling me a hacker when I beat them lol

keakua

Do those few losers ruin the game? NO, not in my opinion. When I see them I report them.

And in this game you can rank up and get killstreaks without even getting kills. So boosting might actually be slower than if just played the game and completed objectives. Instead of having man love with your booster buddy in some remote area of the map.

AirborneI

The best way to get rid of potential cheaters? Try this in MW2 lobbies. Just state out loud that you heard if you press B, UP, A really fast it gives you invincibility. Watch and see how many people disappear from the game. Potential cheaters and boosters gone.

esmorgue

They actually have some measures in place like what was in Black Ops. Plus more that I hope they never tell anyone.

by sending them to the naughty step

The reason most people hate boosters is because Anything unlocked in the game won't matter.

get enough nukes to get the emblem? who cares. 1749385959430 nuke boostes have that same emblem too.

get extended mags by killing 40 people through walls? no one cares, its nothing special anymore.

people want it to be that if they unlock something that was hard to achieve, people will recognize it and know that they accomplished something hard in MP. if people cheat to get the same thing, then the "special" unlcoked item has no value anymore. which ruins the game.

TL;DR- no one can tell if something was unlocked legit, and just assume that they boosted for it. which makes the people that legitimately unlocked the item... angry. because no credit is given.