24 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2011 12:38 AM by kubikolos RSS

AK74 u

Shamri
Hy!
My only problem in Black ops is the AK74u's overpowerness. Since BO was out, my death's 80% was because of the AK74u. It is very annoying. It keeps me the feeling that the AK74u is BLack Ops's UMP (from MW2). Its almost as powerfull as an Assault Rifle, or even more powerfull.
And this is a Fact that, "new players" choose that weapon because it doesn't require that much skill, as to an AUG, FAL, M16, or sniper rifles.

I hope Treyarch will read this. Also i think i'm not the only one.
  • Re: AK74 u
    drockzzz

Shamri wrote:

Hy!
    My only problem in Black ops is the AK74u's overpowerness. Since BO was out, my death's 80% was because of the AK74u. It is very annoying. It keeps me the feeling that the AK74u is BLack Ops's UMP (from MW2). Its almost as powerfull as an Assault Rifle, or even more powerfull.
    And this is a Fact that, "new players" choose that weapon because it doesn't require that much skill, as to an AUG, FAL, M16, or sniper rifles.

Gun's don't require skills since CoD2 and Ak74u aint even all that OP unless people put on Rapid Fire (wich is the biggest &%*$& ever).
    If you start complaining about OP guns look at the famas >.> no recoil and it shoots way to fast thats a OP gun not the AK74u without Rapid Fire.
    geran30
    On its own its not over powered like the UMP on MW2, with rapid fire and a grip or just rapid fire its annoying as hell. MW2 i remember UMP was always used with FMJ and silencer. There is always a few guns in CoD that are stupid. The Famas is probabrly the worst, also it shouldnt even be in the game since that model of the Famas didnt exist till the late 90's ¬¬ and why CoD keep putting the AKS-74u (thats its real name) under SMG i dont know since its a Carbine Assault rifle >_> Show how much these devs know about guns.
    [Bm8]SgtSpock

Shamri wrote:

Hy!

It has bad reputation just bcs tough unstoppable run n' gun gamers uses it:) I'd say too that Famas has more power bcs of very small recol... and especially Commando is more accurate and lethal than AK47u even if it has rapid fire on.
    Vrillon
    IMO the Aug is more OP than Famas and AK74u.

Assuming their is any difference at all between the Famas and AUG.
    NikoDanks
    I don't believe the 74u is overpowered at all.

If you are looking for a reason for your deaths, its not the guns fault.
    mrbeem
    He probably runs around with famas or aug. AK-74U is a sweet gun. I run and gun with it and i am pretty lethal, making top 3 of ALL players on server 99% of times. The guy thinks AK74U is OP because he can't understand how he can die while shooting from his famas hahahahaha
    V/ Acid

Shamri wrote:

Hy!

i read it well?? let me quote "And this is a Fact that, "new players" choose that weapon because it doesn't require that much skill, as to an AUG, FAL, M16, or sniper rifles."
    AUG??? AUG???? m16?? why m16 is default class? is easy weapon to get nice kills! i get lot kills on Array map while others have ak47 or command's

You are complety noob where is skill of aug or famas? dam i h8 more famas/aug instead of ak74u. ak74u need some skill try shoot at long range.....now use AUG/famas close,medium and long rage.
    ihatebugs
    to clear things up,

yes, the ak74 u is classed in real world as an assault rifle, the U simply is the russian word for 'shortened'. it was mainly used by spetznaz special forces and tank crew. the velocity of the bullet coming out of the muszle is 894 meters a second, while with the ak74a *first version, normal lenght barrel* is 937 meters. the only thing that makes it an assault weapon is the firing mechanism, but becouse the bullet speed is below 900 meters, it was considered a sub machine gun by many. this is one of hte reasons why tryarch classed it as an smg. the other reason was to fill in the spot, cause they dont had more weapon choices. the game happens in the vietnam erea and weapon research wasnt as far as today's considering you now have about 8 versions of the m4/m16. ar21, hk216 and many more.
    Vrillon
    I dunno, I been using Famas, AK74u, and Aug lately (first time using them in this game outside of FAL and M16)

Something aint right abou that AK74u.

in my hands it was like a god wep, more so than the famas.

quicker ADS, high damage even at long distance, smooth fire, good ROF, low recoil.

It felt like a damn aimbot to me.

AK74u might be OPed.
    lipe123

Vrillon wrote:

I dunno, I been using Famas, AK74u, and Aug lately (first time using them in this game outside of FAL and M16)

quicker ADS, high damage even at long distance, smooth fire, good ROF, low recoil.

AK74u might be OPed.

Psh you where prolly testing out one of those hacks you always cry wolf over and forgot it was on =P
    p00n
    AK74u isn't over powered unless you stick rapid fire on it. Then it becomes every little wannabe’s wet dream. It is without a doubt the biggest spray and pray gun in the game (but then every cod title has one). Put that into your cookiecutter build (flak jacket, slight of hand & marathon) and you are good to go.

GG
    mczgb
    In my opinion, AK74 is not op generally. It's just op compared to other SMGs, so there is no point in using any other SMG.  If you ask me, I would like to see other SMGs buffed...
    V/ Acid

mczgb wrote:

In my opinion, AK74 is not op generally. It's just op compared to other SMGs, so there is no point in using any other SMG.  If you ask me, I would like to see other SMGs buffed...

wrong

mp5k is also very good smg.
    put warlord and add rapid fire and any other atachement or put steady aim and just spray you get lot kills too.
    i got steady aim pro using mp5k
    Vrillon
    Mp5k is what spawn campers use.
    mczgb
    Ok, mp5k is also very good...
    JWDG
    It is true that it is a really nice weapon for beginners and pro's, but it's not OP as you would think.

Metalfusion
    gaRudify

Vrillon wrote:

AK74u might be OPed.

There's always something to complain about eh, Vrillion? You are a noob, and always will be a noob. Just gtfo.
    raygun124
    i hate it when people complain about the ak74u. if the gun is so overpowered start using it. and all this famaug74 stuff is ridiculous sooner or later it will be famaug74lil the lil coming from galil. its really not that hard to even kill some with an ak74u
    p00n

raygun124 wrote:

i hate it when people complain about the ak74u. if the gun is so overpowered start using it. and all this famaug74 stuff is ridiculous sooner or later it will be famaug74lil the lil coming from galil. its really not that hard to even kill some with an ak74u

eh?
    mrbeem
    Just drop the AK74-U crap already. It's not overpowered! It's just fairly easy to let's say master. Of course we're talking about the gun plus rapid fire or grip+rapid fire. Hell, i used to use this combination and it was pretty sweet untill i started experimenting with the almighty Spectre M4! Now that gun just kicks ass! Add a grip and extended mags to it and you wipe the floor with all the AK74-U players combined! Lower recoil than ak74, same fire rate in default as ak74 with rapid fire, same damage if i remember correctly and sweet sound (if that matters for anyone). Try Spectre M4, add different attachments, master the gun and you will come back here apologizing for calling ak74u OP
    FKGSparrow
    AK74 U is not overpowered!!!!!!
    The other smg's are just bad and the ak74 u is normal...^^

Ok tbh, AK74 U is overpowed, same goes for the AUG (STG 77), the first time I used the STG I was like "holy motherf...ing moly, this weapon must be the best assault rifle in this game, nearly no recoil, extremly strong and very good at long range".

But one thing I want to point out in this thread: the AUG is an assault rifle that can shoot max 2700 meter and has an effective range of 300 meter, even at 50 meters you normaly shoot bullet per bullet the recoil is extreme in reallife when you shoot it auto (trust me I know what I'm talking about I was there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peDXRJekY6E , the STG77 is our weapon of choice). therefore pls stop with reallife facts about weapons, this is a game.
    Vrillon
    surprised no one mentioned the Skorpion.

decent dmg wep with 0...... I mean 0 recoil even when you ADS.

I think its more of a bug though like it was in COD4 where you can shoot half way across the map with it easily and kill with no problem.

But say a freaking AR you would struggle to kill at times that distance, even with high dmg weps like FAL and M14.

this is speaking though on the softcore side, the HC side its becomes reversed almost.

But if you wanna talk about SC side of things, IMO every wep is too sporadic to really label anything OP and Under powered, meaning its dmg seems to change kill to kill which is why I sometimes get pissed at softcore, dont worry I get pissed at HC to at times, especially on mixed servers and the TKing ****.

Shamri wrote:

Hy!

That's because technically it IS an assault rifle
    I love those weapons hehe it's awesome!