43 Replies Latest reply: Aug 18, 2012 7:15 PM by HecTiC_WorLD RSS

To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first

TheOnlyKiwi
We Xbox players get the map packs first because Mircosoft is paying Activision for them early and we all know how much Activision loves money. It's nothing against Sony or PS3 players Microsoft is buying the map packs for us first.
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    I think it's unfair towards the Xbox users, we get to see if the map pack is any good a whole month before we can buy it, giving us a chance to change our minds about it, the Xbox players don't have that chance.

    They either risk buying it ASAP with no clue as to how good it will be (or bad).

    OR

    They wait while and check out the maps/reviews/comments and then buy it, defeating the purpose of Microsoft paying for the content 1 month early.

    Dint bother with the first DLC but this second one does look good. Ah well, il have a month to decide.
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    TheOnlyKiwi

    DylanDog87 wrote:

     

    I think it's unfair towards the Xbox users, we get to see if the map pack is any good a whole month before we get the chance to buy it, giving us a chance to change our minds about buying it, the Xbox players don't have that chance.

    They either risk buying it ASAP with no clue as to how good it will be (or bad).

    OR

    They wait while and check out the maps/reviews/comments and then buy it, defeating the purpose of Microsoft paying for the content 1 month early.

    Dint bother with the first DLC but this second one does look good. Ah well, il have a month to decide.



    Your a rare one. Most PS3 user whine and cry over the fact we get it sooner but i see what you mean. 
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    kastro187420
    I just look at it like this:

    We get a free preview of indepth information about the maps, aswell as issues fixed that are discovered during the 360's time with them. The "Exclusive Timed Deal" doesn't bother me because everyone on PS3 has to wait, so it's not like anyone on PS3 is going to be at a disadvantage.
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    nath_741

    TheOnlyKiwi wrote:

     

    DylanDog87 wrote:

     

    I think it's unfair towards the Xbox users, we get to see if the map pack is any good a whole month before we get the chance to buy it, giving us a chance to change our minds about buying it, the Xbox players don't have that chance.

    They either risk buying it ASAP with no clue as to how good it will be (or bad).

    OR

    They wait while and check out the maps/reviews/comments and then buy it, defeating the purpose of Microsoft paying for the content 1 month early.

    Dint bother with the first DLC but this second one does look good. Ah well, il have a month to decide.



    Your a rare one. Most PS3 user whine and cry over the fact we get it sooner but i see what you mean. 



    also, on xbox the game is filled with initial bugs and glitches. (e.g: in first strike the ascension leaderboards didnt work at all)
    by the time it is released on ps3, treyarch have made patches, so basically xbox is a test dummy, them ps3 gets the "finished" (albeit still partially broken) version.
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    Xbox live Gold members pay $60 a year, it's perfectly fair to get extra benefits over the PS3 people who don't pay.
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    kastro187420

    number1guy89 wrote:

     

    Xbox live Gold members pay $60 a year, it's perfectly fair to get extra benefits over the PS3 people who don't pay.



    They only pay because Microsoft is greedy though. Infact, if I remember right, they're the ONLY console manufacturers who actually charge for online play right now. Not even the Wii or DS charges for online access.
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    Fragilay
    Have you ever played on Xbox Live? Much more seamless compared to the PSN
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    kastro187420

    Fragilay wrote:

     

    Have you ever played on Xbox Live? Much more seamless compared to the PSN



    I personally haven't, but have family who have, aswell as many friends.. for the most part, they agree that things aren't much better over there. It's all up to the developer of the game to take advantage of the networks. With a decent developer, you can't tell the difference between which system is being played when you're just watching.
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    JohnniReb

    DylanDog87 wrote:

     

    I think it's unfair towards the Xbox users, we get to see if the map pack is any good a whole month before we can buy it, giving us a chance to change our minds about it, the Xbox players don't have that chance.

    They either risk buying it ASAP with no clue as to how good it will be (or bad).

    OR

    They wait while and check out the maps/reviews/comments and then buy it, defeating the purpose of Microsoft paying for the content 1 month early.

    Dint bother with the first DLC but this second one does look good. Ah well, il have a month to decide.



    See, what I see when i read this is "Damn, they get the map pack first, maybe i can find a way to make the xbox users feel screwed over by paying for online, and make me feel better about owning a sub par system. I got it. I'll just act like im glad they get it first (when in truth it eats me up inside, but i'll never admit that)". I don't expect to hear your say I'm right, but we all know I am. Nice try though.
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first

    Fragilay wrote:

     

    Have you ever played on Xbox Live? Much more seamless compared to the PSN




    I played on Xbox live from CoD4 through MW2 before I was thankfully able to get a PC capable of playing Black ops. (and I cancelled my Xbox live subscription immediately lolI haven't seen the PS3 online system yet so I don't know how bad it is, but Xbox live is a complete joke in my opinion. Definately not worth even half of the $60 a year subscription. Xbox live has countless problems with invites, friends lists, matchmaching, etc.  I can't even begin to imagine how bad PSN must be for anyone to consider Xbox live as "seamless"
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    quikwolf

    JohnniReb wrote:

     

    DylanDog87 wrote:

     

    I think it's unfair towards the Xbox users, we get to see if the map pack is any good a whole month before we can buy it, giving us a chance to change our minds about it, the Xbox players don't have that chance.

    They either risk buying it ASAP with no clue as to how good it will be (or bad).

    OR

    They wait while and check out the maps/reviews/comments and then buy it, defeating the purpose of Microsoft paying for the content 1 month early.

    Dint bother with the first DLC but this second one does look good. Ah well, il have a month to decide.



    See, what I see when i read this is "Damn, they get the map pack first, maybe i can find a way to make the xbox users feel screwed over by paying for online, and make me feel better about owning a sub par system. I got it. I'll just act like im glad they get it first (when in truth it eats me up inside, but i'll never admit that)". I don't expect to hear your say I'm right, but we all know I am. Nice try though.



    I own both systems and I agree with Dylan. Stop assuming things. I have Black Ops for both systems and I didn't even buy the first map pack, and I'm going to wait and see if the second one is any good by waiting on others' feedback.
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first

    Kastro187420 wrote:

     

    number1guy89 wrote:

     

    Xbox live Gold members pay $60 a year, it's perfectly fair to get extra benefits over the PS3 people who don't pay.



    They only pay because Microsoft is greedy though. Infact, if I remember right, they're the ONLY console manufacturers who actually charge for online play right now. Not even the Wii or DS charges for online access.



    That's just your own bias speculation. They charge for the services they provide, which are superior to all the others you stated. Wii and DS don't charge? Well, I wouldn't expect them too since they're both a joke compared to XBL. PS3 doesn't charge? Well, PSN doesn't offer nearly as many benefits (games, exclusive content, etc), or have as smooth of a connection as XBL does. All in all, what's your point? It's the customers who set the market price (the same reason games are $60 now), and XBL members place more value in what they get than PSN members do; rightfully so, considering it's a better service.

    Don't forget that PSN+ charges $50 a year for "upgraded" benefits. What's the difference? If Microsoft is "greedy" than so is Sony. You're shooting yourself in the foot here, bud.
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    kastro187420

    number1guy89 wrote:

     


    That's just your own bias speculation. They charge for the services they provide, which are superior to all the others you stated. Wii and DS don't charge? Well, I wouldn't expect them too since they're both a joke compared to XBL. PS3 doesn't charge? Well, PSN doesn't offer nearly as many benefits (games, exclusive content, etc), or have as smooth of a connection as XBL does. All in all, what's your point? It's the customers who set the market price (the same reason games are $60 now), and XBL members place more value in what they get than PSN members do; rightfully so, considering it's a better service.

    Don't forget that PSN+ charges $50 a year for "upgraded" benefits. What's the difference? If Microsoft is "greedy" than so is Sony. You're shooting yourself in the foot here, bud.



    It's not bias. I've heard from many different people that XBL isn't worth the money that is charged. Even someone in this thread has said as much. What upgraded benefits do you really get that justify the high-end cost? Sony offers their PSN+ as an optional service, not a requirement. That's the difference. You can opt out of the plus membership, and not lose anything.

    The connection on PSN actually is rather smooth. As I've said, it's up to the developers of the game to make use of the networks. If they don't, then the connection doesn't work aswell. But for what it's worth, on the Call of Duty games at least, people aren't anymore impressed with the quality of the connection on PSN or XBL. So that isn't much of an argument.
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first


    They only pay because Microsoft is greedy though. Infact, if I remember right, they're the ONLY console manufacturers who actually charge for online play right now. Not even the Wii or DS charges for online access.



    If I remember correctly, Nintendo doesn't have an online service for their consoles to connect to. It's all done through your network with use of "friend codes".

    As far as Microsoft being "greedy", you can say that for any company that charges their customers for something.

    I played both PS3 and Xbox 360. I enjoy the features of the 360 a lot more. Being able to party chat, private chat, video chat, navigate a much simpler user interface, apparently get content a month earlier, etc. all make up for the price I pay. Not to mention that everyone I know has a 360 because you can pick one for $130 on Eb Games. While the cheapest PS3 is $100 more. For what?

    Back on topic:
    Damn right. I hope Microsoft pushes for content earlier on more games. Maybe even exclusive content. Glad to see my yearly subscription fee bringing in more benefits.
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    inoalie
    ima ps3 user and i dont care microsoft payed good money for it and gives me time to decide and the tension and build up make it seem better.
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    Black_Knight_7
    ive always thought of the maps on xbox to be a test drive for ps3 users.

    i could care less about timed exclusives.

    i hate microsoft and activision for being butt buddies
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    this user is op

    number1guy89 wrote:

     

    Kastro187420 wrote:

     

    number1guy89 wrote:

     

    Xbox live Gold members pay $60 a year, it's perfectly fair to get extra benefits over the PS3 people who don't pay.



    They only pay because Microsoft is greedy though. Infact, if I remember right, they're the ONLY console manufacturers who actually charge for online play right now. Not even the Wii or DS charges for online access.



    That's just your own bias speculation. They charge for the services they provide, which are superior to all the others you stated. Wii and DS don't charge? Well, I wouldn't expect them too since they're both a joke compared to XBL. PS3 doesn't charge? Well, PSN doesn't offer nearly as many benefits (games, exclusive content, etc), or have as smooth of a connection as XBL does. All in all, what's your point? It's the customers who set the market price (the same reason games are $60 now), and XBL members place more value in what they get than PSN members do; rightfully so, considering it's a better service.

    Don't forget that PSN+ charges $50 a year for "upgraded" benefits. What's the difference? If Microsoft is "greedy" than so is Sony. You're shooting yourself in the foot here, bud.


    how the hell do you know psn is bad? do you even have a ps3?
    and you can't say sonys greedy when they don't force you to pay for something you get free on the pc and ps3
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    the only ppl who complain are the retarded kids who play on ps3..... the ones who should be complaining are the pc guys.... everyone should know by now that microsoft has a partnership with activision and thats why they get the dlc first..... stop complaining and get over it.
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first

    JohnniReb wrote:

     

    DylanDog87 wrote:

     

    I think it's unfair towards the Xbox users, we get to see if the map pack is any good a whole month before we can buy it, giving us a chance to change our minds about it, the Xbox players don't have that chance.

    They either risk buying it ASAP with no clue as to how good it will be (or bad).

    OR

    They wait while and check out the maps/reviews/comments and then buy it, defeating the purpose of Microsoft paying for the content 1 month early.

    Dint bother with the first DLC but this second one does look good. Ah well, il have a month to decide.



    See, what I see when i read this is "Damn, they get the map pack first, maybe i can find a way to make the xbox users feel screwed over by paying for online, and make me feel better about owning a sub par system. I got it. I'll just act like im glad they get it first (when in truth it eats me up inside, but i'll never admit that)". I don't expect to hear your say I'm right, but we all know I am. Nice try though.



    You definitely read between the lines, have you ever considered joining the police force? i don't know about the USA but here in England they love to read between the lines and make assumptions, like yourself there also kind of useless at it.

    I honestly don't mind it coming to PS3 later, i only own a PS3 so it makes no difference to my game and the people i play with, since we all get it at the same time.. also i bought BO regardless of any DLC content that would be released, so i will only pay for DLC if i think it's worth the money. Like i said the first one didn't interest me but this second one looks like it could be worth the money, either way il have time to decide while it's on the Xbox.

    As for Xbox live being worth $60 a year, i wouldn't know since i haven't had one, but what are these superior services you get for the money? the PS3 for me, has no issues, and like someone said it's down to the game developers on what they do with a game in terms of quality.

    Also do you think Microsoft would have charged $60 a year for it's online service had the PS3 come out at the same time? i don't, i think it was a clever business opportunity, considering at the time the Xbox had no real competition and could easily get away with it.
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    Oops, posted the last post twice
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    in all honesty at first i was like yea.. this suck they get the map pack first but now im alright with it cuz in the end we get it anyway plus yea we get to see the vids on youtube to see if it worth buyin. so im all cool with it now.
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    strategist
    SoulJas for the Console War! Yay!
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    SOG=ICECLAW
    The reason why PS3 costs so more is because they are better. XBox 360 is poorly made and has a low life span. On PS3 you get Blue Ray and a lot other nice things. I own a PS3 so I actually have the right to say if it is any good, and it is. The PSN is free and it runs smoothly. Ya the Xbox live probably runs better, but some people dont need all that stuff you get when you get Xbox live. Reason why Xbox sells so many is because they are cheap. Ever heard of the ring of death. If Microsoft would actually use better material then plastic then their would probably be no ring of death. When people buy game consoles, they expect it to last for a while. Even though the PS3 isnt cheap, you dont have to worry about it breaking in a year if you are not careful.
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    strategist

    Bishop Kane wrote:

     


    I played both PS3 and Xbox 360. I enjoy the features of the 360 a lot more. Being able to party chat, private chat, video chat, navigate a much simpler user interface, apparently get content a month earlier, etc. all make up for the price I pay. Not to mention that everyone I know has a 360 because you can pick one for $130 on Eb Games. While the cheapest PS3 is $100 more. For what?
    .



    A hungry african child will sell BOTH ps3 and 360 for a year's worth of meal.
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    th3_im0rtal

    DylanDog87 wrote:

     

    I think it's unfair towards the Xbox users, we get to see if the map pack is any good a whole month before we can buy it, giving us a chance to change our minds about it, the Xbox players don't have that chance.

    They either risk buying it ASAP with no clue as to how good it will be (or bad).

    OR

    They wait while and check out the maps/reviews/comments and then buy it, defeating the purpose of Microsoft paying for the content 1 month early.

    Dint bother with the first DLC but this second one does look good. Ah well, il have a month to decide.



    I too waited for a month to see if the maps were good. The MP maps are alight, and the zombie is great.
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first

    TheOnlyKiwi wrote:

     



    Your a rare one. Most PS3 user whine and cry over the fact we get it sooner but i see what you mean. 



    Can't argue with that lol there are alot of PS3 whiners on the forums, i don't see alot from the PC users though considering they get it 2 months after the Xbox.... They must either be in deep depression about it or mature enough not to whine 24/7.


    it's a shame ascension wasn't available on it's own at a reduced price, although stadium looked good aswell i usually play in a party on MP so we all decided not to bother.
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    Well here comes my first post on the Forums since my birthday (February 8)....

    ....to be honest, I could care less.  I haven't even purchased First Strike yet.
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    I honestly do not care whether or not we get it early or not it's only a month.

























































































































































































































































































































































    lol..?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    twinwolf954
    Hey, I'm patient enough to wait for a month. It's kinda sad, though...PS3 players can use the Xbox players as guinea pigs, in a sense.
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    larryTHEturkey

    SOG=ICECLAW wrote:

     

    The reason why PS3 costs so more is because they are better. XBox 360 is poorly made and has a low life span. On PS3 you get Blue Ray and a lot other nice things. I own a PS3 so I actually have the right to say if it is any good, and it is. The PSN is free and it runs smoothly. Ya the Xbox live probably runs better, but some people dont need all that stuff you get when you get Xbox live. Reason why Xbox sells so many is because they are cheap. Ever heard of the ring of death. If Microsoft would actually use better material then plastic then their would probably be no ring of death. When people buy game consoles, they expect it to last for a while. Even though the PS3 isnt cheap, you dont have to worry about it breaking in a year if you are not careful.



    right mate,

    first off my xbox has lasted me well over 2 years now with no problems. the red ring of death was fixed in the new 360 slim models and hardware updates were issued to protect the older models from getting the problem. as i recall sony had a massive problem when its ps3 was released because of the hard drive disk actually MELTING so dont talk down xbox because of past mistakes

    secondly, 360 offers features for its $60 a month live plan such as beta tests on games that wont be out for months (gears of war 3), movies can be watched online, facebook (i know sony has that too), game avatars and foxtel, which sony most definately doesnt have so dont judge xbox by the complaints it has recieved, especially since there are many more positive comments out.

    and finally, have you checked the statistics lately.. xbox has sold almost 14 million more consoles than ps3

    i think you just got told
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    Da BladeMasterz

    Fragilay wrote:

     

    Have you ever played on Xbox Live? Much more seamless compared to the PSN




    Hahahahahaha...!

    I started out on XBOX360, and there's no doubt that XBLive is a complete ripoff. Garbage compared to what you pay. It's horrible. I can keep going for ages...

    Anyways, my point is that you'll get something extra, but that "bonus" isn't even worth 2$ a year, and I believe I'm not the only one who feels that way.
    I'm not saying that it's better on the PS3 side of the fence, I'm just saying that you aren't getting nearly as much as you should for your money. The differences are minimal. XBL got a lot of useless services. That's all. The PS3 online service is free. That's what I care about. The connection is better on XBL? I don't give a damn, because paying for XBL is worthless when that's the only useful feature you get.

    Not to talk about the fact that the console is worse than garbage. RRoD and battery controllers...
    I speak from experience there.

    Conclusion: XBL members gets bonuses, but it's worthless compared to what you pay, when you can get the same for free.
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    whtout23
    I disagree, xbox users pay a premium to have better services and early releases.
    Last time I checked the paid playstation service is pretty much early access to demos.
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    PSN get just as many games and beta tests and other bits and pieces as XBL now. I can't really see a difference between the 2. The only thing I would prefer to have on PSN is party chat but that is no doubt coming soon.
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first

    TheOnlyKiwi wrote:

     

    We Xbox players get the map packs first because Mircosoft is paying Activision for them early and we all know how much Activision loves money. It's nothing against Sony or PS3 players Microsoft is buying the map packs for us first.




    we get the maps first but PC will have the mod tools thats not fair, the can create maps >.<
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    cobraduece

    SOG=ICECLAW wrote:

     

    The reason why PS3 costs so more is because they are better. XBox 360 is poorly made and has a low life span. On PS3 you get Blue Ray and a lot other nice things. I own a PS3 so I actually have the right to say if it is any good, and it is. The PSN is free and it runs smoothly. Ya the Xbox live probably runs better, but some people dont need all that stuff you get when you get Xbox live. Reason why Xbox sells so many is because they are cheap. Ever heard of the ring of death. If Microsoft would actually use better material then plastic then their would probably be no ring of death. When people buy game consoles, they expect it to last for a while. Even though the PS3 isnt cheap, you dont have to worry about it breaking in a year if you are not careful.




    in the end this whole thing is all subjective and based mainly on individual opinion. this argument would have been way more valid for the first 360's and ps3s. now that the slim is out the xbox is no more poorly made than you could say the ps3 was. The real reason why ps3 costs more is because it does have those features like rechargable wireless controller right out of the box, wireless internet right out of the box(no longer matters because the 360slims do now as well), bluray player, and free network service. The people who buy ps3's are paying more because Sony knows what they will pay, for what may or may not be a better system(again this comes down to opinion besides the bluray player and live service).  i've played on both, i own a 360slim, have owned 3 different 360's in the past(RROD, the third one is a jasper and is still going strong after nearly two years), and i plan on owning a ps3 in the near future. When it came right down to it i bought a 360 because i could not give up my xbox exclusive titles(mass effect, halo series, etc.), especially since at the time ps3 didn't really have any exclusives that i thought where any good.

    on the map packs though, i bought the first one but no matter how good the second one is i probably won't buy it, ps3 or xbox. i've recently just started playing mw2 multiplayer and by the time i get tired of that battlefield 3 will be out and i'd be lying if i said i was gonna pay any attention to any cod title for quite a while 
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first

    larryTHEturkey wrote:

     

    SOG=ICECLAW wrote:

     

    The reason why PS3 costs so more is because they are better. XBox 360 is poorly made and has a low life span. On PS3 you get Blue Ray and a lot other nice things. I own a PS3 so I actually have the right to say if it is any good, and it is. The PSN is free and it runs smoothly. Ya the Xbox live probably runs better, but some people dont need all that stuff you get when you get Xbox live. Reason why Xbox sells so many is because they are cheap. Ever heard of the ring of death. If Microsoft would actually use better material then plastic then their would probably be no ring of death. When people buy game consoles, they expect it to last for a while. Even though the PS3 isnt cheap, you dont have to worry about it breaking in a year if you are not careful.



    right mate,

    first off my xbox has lasted me well over 2 years now with no problems. the red ring of death was fixed in the new 360 slim models and hardware updates were issued to protect the older models from getting the problem. as i recall sony had a massive problem when its ps3 was released because of the hard drive disk actually MELTING so dont talk down xbox because of past mistakes

    secondly, 360 offers features for its $60 a month live plan such as beta tests on games that wont be out for months (gears of war 3), movies can be watched online, facebook (i know sony has that too), game avatars and foxtel, which sony most definately doesnt have so dont judge xbox by the complaints it has recieved, especially since there are many more positive comments out.

    and finally, have you checked the statistics lately.. xbox has sold almost 14 million more consoles than ps3

    i think you just got told




    Correct me if I am wrong but do you not have to pay and extra subscription for foxtel? So it isn't what you pay for with your xbl subscription and playstation has lovefilm and play tv so they certainly do have similar services.

    The only reason xbox 360 have more consoles sold is because they got the head start that is it. Their console came out first and a lot of people decided not to wait for the ps3 to come out and get the xbox and as a consequence if people wanted to play with their friends they would normally have to buy an xbox. I was even considering getting an xbox at the start but I decided to wait until the playstation came out and I am glad I did.

    I also don't remember this hard drive problem you talk of and considering I got my playstation on the day it came out and was first in the queue at the particular shop I bought it from and also that I had that exact same playstation for like 4 or 5 years and the only problem I have had was the bluray laser died about a month ago and still an easy problem to fix. You would think I might have noticed this problem. I can't seem to find any reference to it anywhere. I didn't go through every page on google but I thought it would come up in google under either ps3 hardrive melting manufacturing defect or fault but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

    I don't think xbl is any better than the psn at all and maybe it used to be a long time ago but it certainly isn't now. Psn has everything that xbl has for free. I have played many beta games etc on the psn for free a long time before they came out.

    I personally think that neither console is superior to the other but I do not believe you should have to pay for xbl it is daylight robbery considering you get nothing extra oh wait sorry you get a cod dlc a month early and become beta testers for 3arc. That is the only thing I have seen that you have that psn doesn't at the minute.

    /Publish book
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    Da BladeMasterz
    I don't really care about extra services. That's pointless. That's the main reason why I think XBL is garbage. Just an opinion though.



    But what you should really look at is what the consoles has to offer in terms of exl. games. Everything else said here is unimportant when it comes to that.
    It's a close fight, but one console does in fact win at that area...

    I'm not saying that yet. I don't want to get crucified by fanboys...
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    avfc94
    and where does microsoft get their money from? xbox live users paying £40 a year so quit your whining ps3 users
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    Da BladeMasterz

    avfc94 wrote:

     

    and where does microsoft get their money from? xbox live users paying £40 a year so quit your whining ps3 users




    Worst argument evah?
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    i have both xboxs are cheap
    u buy them u buy a 75€ network adapter tats **** i kno in da new 1s u get it but its too mmuch hassle ps3 is better
    microsoft bribe treyarch no MICROSOFT BRIBE ACTIVISION
    THEY ARE ****
    ps:

    Whens MW3 coming out
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    avfc94

    Da BladeMasterz wrote:

     

    avfc94 wrote:

     

    and where does microsoft get their money from? xbox live users paying £40 a year so quit your whining ps3 users




    Worst argument evah?



    why because its true and you dont have a comeback.....

    your like "oh yeh xbox live what a rip off" so what your saying is you would complain about paying for it but then complain when you dont get the benefits because you dont want to pay.

    and wow get a life "oooohh ps3 is better than xbox you noob".....oh **** im gunna run off crying, they are basically the same, the main reason why people buy it is what their friends already have because ps3 and xbox 360s have nothing in them and you can argue all you want but the only looser in the argument will be you for actually giving a **** about it in the first place
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first
    strategist

    Da BladeMasterz wrote:

     

    I'm not saying that yet. I don't want to get crucified by fanboys...



    Thou ain't worthy enough to have a death similar as those of Thou Savior, nor thou ain't worthy enough to have a death of Saint Peters. So thou shall be sentenced into Crucification Sideways!
  • Re: To PS3 users saying its unfair Xbox gets the map packs first

    I would personally like to thank you for making things clear for me. Judging by a comment I saw I guess it has it's ups and downs.