1 24 25 26 27 28 Previous Next 294 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2011 4:23 AM by Andy Li78 Go to original post RSS
  • 250. Re: To Ghost Complainers, Haters, and Cry Babies. *Updated*
    Sam Starkweather
    Campers annoy you, not ghost specifically. I've been killed by Lightweight and Flak Jacket campers numbers of times.
  • 251. Re: To Ghost Complainers, Haters, and Cry Babies. *Updated*
    Black_Knight_7
    but i usually always have a spy plane when not in S&D

so ghost campers are the only ones that suprise me because be guard is slightly lowered due to the radar and that is perfectly natural

not saying its ghosts fault its just annoying
  • 252. Re: To Ghost Complainers, Haters, and Cry Babies. *Updated*
    Tricky117
    Ghost counters one kill streak.  The rest of the time it is a useless perk.

How is it this debate still going on?

Ghost Pro is one of the hardest pro perks to get (i struggled with tac. mask as well)..

In my experience, campers use equipment, use Hacker and you have the incredible ability to see through walls, and know where people are hiding. (amazing!)

Campers only get kills when you get mad and keep charging back for revenge.  Quit being a noob and use your brain!

Good post by the way OP...
  • 253. Re: To Ghost Complainers, Haters, and Cry Babies. *Updated*
    lilsweat
    OP makes a lot of sense. Good stuff.
  • 254. Re: To Ghost Complainers, Haters, and Cry Babies. *Updated*
    Der Furuhr
    I absolutely hate it when people use ghost, it just annoys me so much, I do however concede that it is completely balanced. OP was well written and made many good points.
  • 255. Re: To Ghost Complainers, Haters, and Cry Babies. *Updated*
    delsheol

There isn't a counter/ disadvantage for any of the other perks, besides the fact that you're unable to use another perk from that tier.

Flak Jacket is very useful against Scavenger, due to the constant refilling of nades. But the issue is that many believe Ghost needs a counter because of how effective it is.

The problem is, Ghost is already a counter for something. It doesn't make sense to make a counter for a counter.

It makes plenty of sense to have counters for counters. That's pretty much the premise of warfare since the ancient times. Cavalry > Pikemen > Archers > Cavalry (etc). In terms of overall game balance, one perk should not be that much more powerful than another in the same category. Ghost is frightningly so compared to most of the other tier 1 perks.

The Sentry Gun is pretty worthless anyhow.

Exactly my point. Ghost does not need that bonus.

I suggest you just see where the general location of the Opposition is, and then drop it there. Instead of chasing red dots.

Again, that's the issue. It's hard to know where the opposition is without those red dots. I do think Ghost should keep invisiblity to spy plane, but the icing on the cake is just too much in my opinion.

Just because you've earned a kill streak reward, that doesn't mean that you deserve to slaughter the other team.

I agree, but they do deserve to last more than a few seconds.

With an RC-XD, I can get about 1 kill on average.
    With Napalm, I can get 2 kills on average if I'm playing an objective game.
    Using a Valkyrie, again about 2 kills on average.
    The bombing run gets me about 3 kills on average if I know where the enemies are.
    Chopper Gunner, I'm averaging about 4 kills, and that number is higher when I'm pugging and about 1 or 2 when I'm playing against a team that knows what they are doing.
    Dogs, I get about 4-6 kills.
    Hind, about 4 or 5 kills.

As we can see, the numbers steadily increase as the killstreaks go up. However, mathematically, the probability of survival goes down exponentially i.e. you may get up 7 kills in a row 3 times as often as getting 9 kills in a row, and 9 kills in a row twice as often as 11 kills in a row. It's basic mathematics. Hence, for balance reasons, the killstreaks should become much more effective as the numbers get higher... but they don't. As long as Ghost can take out the Chopper Gunner or Hind in a few seconds, it will never be balanced.

All of the perks are extremely good, in the right context.

I can come up with some contrived situations where the other tier 1 perks are good, and yes I do admit Flak Jacket is useful. My point was that the others are simply underwhelming compared to Ghost. I don't think you appreciate how powerful being practically (the key word being practically, i.e. in practice) immune to killstreaks.

why is it that all of the "MLG'rs" sport lightweight, and avoid ghost.

The MLG version of Black Ops has many rules that do not exist in non-competitive play.

I'm not saying Ghost should be gutted - it just needs to be nerfed to the point where it doesn't steal the lunch money of the other tier 1 perks. I outlined some what I believe to be reasonable nerfs in the last post.
  • 256. Re: To Ghost Complainers, Haters, and Cry Babies. *Updated*
    TJskillz169
    Why should a simple perk be able to avoid my 11 kill streak dogs, and the perk greatly helps campers, blameTruth himself who makes a living off of cod has even said that Ghost isn't a fair perk, especially with Ninja, completely hidden from Radar and Ears, to get kills on CoD its all about how well you can't get noticed by the other team, Ghost Pro makes that to easy, argument has been squashed. and dont even try the FlakJacket argument, you can kill flakjackets with RC's easily if your close enough
  • 257. Re: To Ghost Complainers, Haters, and Cry Babies. *Updated*
    jaden198

TJskillz169 wrote:

Why should a simple perk be able to avoid my 11 kill streak dogs, and the perk greatly helps campers, blameTruth himself who makes a living off of cod has even said that Ghost isn't a fair perk, especially with Ninja, completely hidden from Radar and Ears, to get kills on CoD its all about how well you can't get noticed by the other team, Ghost Pro makes that to easy, argument has been squashed. and dont even try the FlakJacket argument, you can kill flakjackets with RC's easily if your close enough

Wrong game skippy, ghost does nothing against dogs.  So, rather than going for that 11 killstreak chopper, use the 11 killstreak dogs....and ghost shouldn't give you fits anymore.

Quite frankly, sitting in a corner with a silenced AR eliminates your 11 killstreak dogs.  Perhaps they need to nerf those.
  • 258. Re: To Ghost Complainers, Haters, and Cry Babies. *Updated*
    BurnerMeen

TJskillz169 wrote:

Flak jacket, explosive device must be touching user to ohk. That's what you were trying to say.

Also, if you play on the wii, then es, ghost protects you from dogs. ONLY ON THE WII. You finally understand that now? Don't believe me? Got to splitscreen, give one class ghost, give the second player dogs, have the dogs be called in and then have the ghost user go stand in the middle of the field. guarantee you wil die.
  • 259. Re: To Ghost Complainers, Haters, and Cry Babies. *Updated*
    skarhead 82
    There is nothing bad about ghost it's been in every cod game under some name such as UAV Jammer, cold blooded etc. It's in the game so by all means use it if you need to but just know that you are one of many that need that crutch to get kills. I use lightweight i am a red dot on a radar people can easily find me yet i manage to kill people with ease including ghost users. You a ghost user have to remain hidden to kill enemy players just keep that in mind. You need the crutch to lean on not me end of story. Red dots don't mean jack most people stealth or not hang out in the usual areas on maps and are easy to find just open your damn eyes.

Example 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/skarhead82?feature=mhum#p/a/u/1/iOD5LlJb8TQ

shock ghost users camping yet my superior knowledge tells me where to look.
1 24 25 26 27 28 Previous Next