14 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2011 4:00 PM by brian1422 RSS

Enough clowning around Treyarch

Mariojb0703
It is my conclusion that the brains of treyarch have officially started smoking weed. They're newest zombies inventions and concepts have been things we wouldn't even think to see. I am personally a huge zombie geek and have always liked them better than Infinity Ward. I think call of the dead is going to be more of an easter egg experience and am looking forward to it but lets face it, its not scary anymore. The die hard zombie fans want that same feeling the time they first played nacht, or even verruct. Dead Ops was a disgrace... There I said it. Just please focus less on humor and work harder on bloodier graphics and scarier maps. There was no god damn gorilla or little matryoshka toys on world at war, just the teddy which was actually fairly scary. Ever since monkey bombs its been all down hill. So I ask you, on behalf of the community, please make scary maps and please NO MORE MONKEY ANYTHING!

P.S. Seriously though, whats up with you guys and monkeys     (Cosmic Silverback, Monkey Bombs, Space Monkeys, and even the nova gas crawlers are monkeys I believe.)
  • Re: Enough clowning around Treyarch
    not on the behalf of the community, on behalf of yourself.

you sure as hell dont speak for me.
    I agree. I never liked the monkey ideas. When i first saw that our new "boss round" was monkeys in ascension. I laughed and though, thats so dumb. So I agree. DROP THE MONKEY BS. So many things would be cooler, like snakes, elephants, even zombified cats would be cooler than annoying little monkeys. Not to mention I hate how you can lose perks by those f**ers. I liked Der Reise how perks were kind of tough to get to unless you times it right. I remember going down a lot trying to get to juggernaut.

More boss round ideas: birds, homeless people, giant spiders, insects, a giant zombie, a giant little girl named SAM, octopus/squid, zoo animals, invisible zombies,
    [Fox]ZeroCharge

oldclydemassey wrote:

I agree. I never liked the monkey ideas. When i first saw that our new "boss round" was monkeys in ascension. I laughed and though, thats so dumb. So I agree. DROP THE MONKEY BS. So many things would be cooler, like snakes, elephants, even zombified cats would be cooler than annoying little monkeys. Not to mention I hate how you can lose perks by those f**ers. I liked Der Reise how perks were kind of tough to get to unless you times it right. I remember going down a lot trying to get to juggernaut.

More boss round ideas: birds, homeless people, giant spiders, insects, a giant zombie, a giant little girl named SAM, octopus/squid, zoo animals, invisible zombies,

I trembled and squealed like a little girl when I read that. NO. I would sh!t my pants every....ack...spider round...
    TheOtherUsernamesWereTaken
    Invisible zombies would be BEAST!!! and the only way you can "see" them is blood spatters on the floor...
    Outcast Noxious

Puff! Tha Magic Beaner wrote:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Exactly
    ryanwid

Mariojb0703 wrote:

It is my conclusion that the brains of treyarch have officially started smoking weed. They're newest zombies inventions and concepts have been things we wouldn't even think to see. I am personally a huge zombie geek and have always liked them better than Infinity Ward. I think call of the dead is going to be more of an easter egg experience and am looking forward to it but lets face it, its not scary anymore. :

First of all... Nazi Zombies wasn't meant to be scary. They wanted it to be more fun than it was scary.

Source: A while ago I read an article about how Nazi Zombies was created. They compared it to a tower defense game. Waves of monsters come in, and YOU are the tower, and buy guns was upgrading your tower. This was a LOOOOONG time ago. They DID say that they didn't want the minigame to be more scary than it was to be fun.

ryanwid wrote:

Mariojb0703 wrote:

It is my conclusion that the brains of treyarch have officially started smoking weed. They're newest zombies inventions and concepts have been things we wouldn't even think to see. I am personally a huge zombie geek and have always liked them better than Infinity Ward. I think call of the dead is going to be more of an easter egg experience and am looking forward to it but lets face it, its not scary anymore. :

First of all... Nazi Zombies wasn't meant to be scary. They wanted it to be more fun than it was scary.

Source: A while ago I read an article about how Nazi Zombies was created. They compared it to a tower defense game. Waves of monsters come in, and YOU are the tower, and buy guns was upgrading your tower. This was a LOOOOONG time ago. They DID say that they didn't want the minigame to be more scary than it was to be fun.

I would still prefer to get a little chill out of a zombie game. If it wasn't scary, then I would like a game that is really gory. I personally like games, with a lot of blood.
    I agree with OP, it just isn't the same.
    alwasjepaars

You just spoke for me, totally agreed.
    Mariojb0703

sorry dude, i was just speaking my mind and allot of people agree with me.
    SleepOnIce
    You're right, it's nothing like NDU anymore. It's many times better.
    red_8-9

brian1422
    i had invisible zombies on round 48 on the wii it got fixed with one of the updates