14 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2012 7:46 PM by GHOST_Choja RSS

MW3/Black ops 2 Dedicated Servers Petition Keep it alive

fidelhoffa
This petition has many signatures lets keep it going so we can show them how serious we are about getting this done.

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/mw3dedicatedservers

• Re: MW3/Black ops 2 Dedicated Servers Petition Keep it alive
    casperthegamer

fidelhoffa wrote:

This petition has many signatures lets keep it going so we can show them how serious we are about getting this done.

Good, I would really like to see this done!
    Black Ops 2 by all means can have dedicated, but with another Modern Warfare, no. I can't stand the way Infinity Ward treats their players.
    Won't work. Activision wouldn't pay for dedicated servers even if you got everyone in the world to sign a petition.

Mama  Luigi wrote:

Black Ops 2 by all means can have dedicated, but with another Modern Warfare, no. I can't stand the way Infinity Ward treats their players.

By all means, do you knows that whether console have dedicated server or not is entirely up to Activision?

heeroyun wrote:

Mama  Luigi wrote:

By all means, do you knows that whether console have dedicated server or not is entirely up to Activision?

Usually is up to the Publisher of the game. If you have a PlayStation 3 like me, pretty much all of Sony's games have Dedicated Servers. Now they make and publish their games so they own the servers.

EA also has dedicated servers for games like the BattleField series. All depends on the developers if they wish to make the fans happy, while they spend a little more money doing it.

Mama  Luigi wrote:

heeroyun wrote:

Mama  Luigi wrote:

Usually is up to the Publisher of the game. If you have a PlayStation 3 like me, pretty much all of Sony's games have Dedicated Servers. Now they make and publish their games so they own the servers.

EA also has dedicated servers for games like the BattleField series. All depends on the developers if they wish to make the fans happy, while they spend a little more money doing it.

Did you ever see the extract files from the PC version of MW2? IW intend to have dedicated server, at least for PC. I doubt Activision has nothing to do with this
    Da Guy
    Vahn stated that dedicated servers would be worse/harder to accomplish than what we have already.
    IrishK
    Vahn does not know what he is talking about. This is the guy who gave you the MP40 and FAMAS, remember?

A lobby/dedicated server system was used in Left 4 Dead 2 by Valve so it is possible to make this work.

A team of modders even managed to get dedicated servers working in the cracked version of Modern Warfare 2 on the PC and they had no resources and no access to the source code. So you tell me now how a so-called million dollar company cannot make this work...
    You sure he knows what he's talking about? Monetary or technically harder?
    kitty129
    I think they should have dedicated servers  tired of hackers

fidelhoffa wrote:

Right your want your Dedicated Servers that bad ??

here is how your get your Dedicated Servers when Activision start there Pay-2-Play thing which you dont have to do before any trolls say crap. its there if you want to Pay extra to get extra stuff like XBL Free and XBL Gold.

so when they start the Pay-2-Play thats when your get Dedicated Servers for Call Of Duty on the Console. and getting people to sign some stupid pointless petition will NOT get them to put DS in for free for CoD it would just cost to much and we all know how much Activision love there dirty money.

so end of the day if you want Dedicated Servers then Cod is not your Game people. also you do know Dedicated Servers does not mean you wont get Lag right ? you can and WILL still get Lag sometimes. take GoW3 that has Dedicated Servers and to get on a Dedicated Servers you have to Dash every 30 mins they said so if thats what your into Dashing every 30 mins just to get a stupid Dedicated Server then go play Gow3,BFBC2,BF3, and every other game also EA Dedicated Servers suck balls. they are down more than they are up.

kitty129 wrote:

I think they should have dedicated servers  tired of hackers

Err dude you can still get hackers on Dedicated Servers LOL
    CROgamer
    People have been complaining about lack of dedicated servers since CoD4 and it's infamous host ended game messages. CoD WaW, as well as Black Ops, have horrendous lag problems. Local search is worthless except for putting you up with players on the same continent as you, which doesn't mean much. MW2 was best of CoD's when it comes to connections but it was still very problematic and laggy. Hosts can easily dashboard and sometimes host migration doesn't work even if the host quit the regular way.
    People are sick of P2P bs but there's still tons of people who will buy CoDs because they don't care about being one second behind host on 200+ ping. Dedicated servers are a must. They make tons of money on CoD but they still refuse to add them. They could bring consistency to gameplay + bigger player counts, more stability and more competitiveness.

Epic games brought dedicated servers to Gears of War 3 after experiencing severe backlash with Gears of War 2 and anti-lag system. Most of the competition are already using dedicated servers. It's time for CoD games to have them too.