29 Replies Latest reply: May 6, 2011 9:17 PM by Boumabeast31 RSS

Call of the Disapointment

dean456
First of all im not disappointed cause this maps hard i welcome a challenge but i expected more from this map it has such potential to be good

I know its pointless now but for the sake of future reference these are a few things i would have changed

1. When the mystery box spawns in a different location to the electricity its a real pain cause you pretty much need to open 80% of the doors to get to both and really makes it impossible to get to a high level unless you get lucky with the box early i think they should make the box spawn near the electricity everytime

2. I dont mind that they put a boss type guy in the map but he just gets annoying and so far theres no way to get rid of him for good and i think if your gonna have something like that in the map at least make it possible to get rid of him for good or else theres not much point of him being there. but there could be a way to get rid of him for good so if there is then fine but if not then he's pointless

3. The vr11 is a nice idea but its really just a far worse version of the monkey bomb as it only distracts a few zombies at a time and it takes up a gun slot i know the upgraded version makes your teammates invulnerable for 10 seconds but so did the monkey bomb n i think to put the vr11 in and take the monkey bombs/gershes out was a mistake you can say that the monkey bombs made it too easy to revive people in the past which i agree with but the hard part isnt the reviving its the staying alive after your revived especially when you have no perks or points in those higher lvls so it doesnt really make a difference if they were in or not

4. Only one new perk. i dont mind the new perk its good and all but thought they could have come up with something better or more at least cause people have been saying to put steady aim perk in since WaW zombies also thought that phd flopper shouldn't have made a return i know some people like it but most people pass on it when choosing perks to buy

5. Easter Egg disappointment. As of now the multiplayer big easter egg hunt hasn't been solved but if the solo version is anything to go by which i believe the conclusion will be the same which is everyone gets a wonder waffe until the bullets run out and a perk which is really tight considering the outrage everyone had over ascensions easter egg outcome why cant they just give us something good like start off with everyone getting the wonder waffe until the bullets run out then make it available in the box or give everyone the wonder waffe until the bullets run out then you can replace the wonder waffe with a new gun giving you three weapons that to me feels like more worth the effort than what they give us

6. To introduce danny trejo to the cast and not make a machete the buyable upgraded knife is an outrage something that should have been there first thought especially after they put it in the trailer

not to say i don't enjoy this map i do because its something new to play but just doesn't appeal to me as much as ascension did when it was released mainly for the reasons above

for the next map if they release one i just hope to see
a new wonder weapon that actually does damage to zombies
less weapons that are useless like the snipers (not the scavenger) and launchers which a large majority doesn't use
a new perk that is something you'd want to buy as much as juggernogg and speed cola
return of monkey bombs/gersh devices or something new that has the same effect
a satisfying ending to the long and grueling easter egg hunts

and for the people who wanna criticize me for this because you enjoy it and i don't as much is really pointless unless u have some constructive points as to why its better the way it is rather than with the changes i suggested otherwise don't bother please

i liked the new ideas treyarch had just think they could've been done better
  • Re: Call of the Disapointment
    fatedtitan
    I would say you can go wait in the line of people with complaints about this map disappointing them, but you'd be  in a very short line.  This map is great.  Embrace the challenge and get over it.  It's a game.
    xKDaNZ
    1.- You said you wanted a challenge, get better and stop complaining...
    2.- George is killable.
    3.- Agree, I always thought the VR11 was useles...
    4.- No one is making you buy a certain perk.
    5.- This is what you get when you listen to the community, all b*tching, everyone wanted the wunderwaffle back and you got it, they might aswell dont give you sh*t.
    6.- Agree.
    dean456

xDanzHD wrote:

2.- George is killable.
    5.- This is what you get when you listen to the community, all b*tching, everyone wanted the wunderwaffle back and you got it, they might aswell dont give you sh*t.
    6.- Agree.

how is george killable ive done it two ways one with vr11 which makes him go away for a short time then also with the upgraded scavenger which makes him drop a deathmachine and a perk but he still comes back a couple of rounds later

and my issue with number 5 is fair enough if they only wanna give you what they give you for the easter egg but if there going to do that there should at least be a good wonder weapon in the box to start with
    xKDaNZ

dean456 wrote:

xDanzHD wrote:

2.- George is killable.
    6.- Agree.

how is george killable ive done it two ways one with vr11 which makes him go away for a short time then also with the upgraded scavenger which makes him drop a deathmachine and a perk but he still comes back a couple of rounds later

and my issue with number 5 is fair enough if they only wanna give you what they give you for the easter egg but if there going to do that there should at least be a good wonder weapon in the box to start with

Well, thats where Romero comes in, according to rumors after you get the WW and run out of ammo, when you "down" him you get the WW instead of the Death Machine.
    gibgibownsu
    I snipe in every map. Rocket launchers are still useful especially with flopper that you don't like. Just because you have a play style doesn't mean everyone plays the same way.
    dean456

gibgibownsu wrote:

I snipe in every map. Rocket launchers are still useful especially with flopper that you don't like. Just because you have a play style doesn't mean everyone plays the same way.

im just saying ive played zombies with alot of people and not one of them make use of a sniper or rocket launcher past round 10 and i am aware that some people may like these things but they are not the majority and i also think weapons like snipers and rockets should be wall hung rather than in the box they shouldn't be taken out all together but just taken out of the box

and i dont have a real issue with phd flopper i just didn't expect it to be back a second time around n if they can only have a certain amount of perks per map i just think thats one of the more replaceable perks in the game is all im saying
    I think ol' George is there mainly to stop camping(e.g. top of lighthouse),like the N6 zombies,but more of an incentive to move.

On the VR11,I think I was one of the few to guess (correctly) to what it did.I guessed they would run away with no other bonus.

I too though the headshot perk was a bit useless.Didn't they have this already in W@W as default?

And for the WunderWaffe,I'd rather have it temporarily then not at all.I think it would be good as a normal,but rare powerup,like the death machine,as the WunderWaffe is OP compared to other Wonder Weapons.
    gazajed

xDanzHD wrote:

2.- George is killable.
    6.- Agree.

the VR11 is pretty good if you take a while to get the hang of it and STOP CALLING IT THE WUNDERWAFFLE!!!
    xKDaNZ

gazajed wrote:

xDanzHD wrote:

2.- George is killable.
    6.- Agree.

the VR11 is pretty good if you take a while to get the hang of it and STOP CALLING IT THE WUNDERWAFFLE!!!

Who the f*ck called it the f*cking wunderwaffle?
    /facepalm
    insanemanzjp
    I totally agree with you dude.  Not adding a Machete was such a kick in the balls to the people who watched the official trailer and saw machetes.

In the next zombie map, I'd like to see more classic zombie weapons such as, a pitchfork, machetes, sickle, and sawwed off shotguns.  Basically all the weapons in the trailer that weren't in the map.
    TheMagicCookie
    People who don't use snipers are idiots. Take one, upgrade it, and it'll be a 1-shot kill for quite a while, longer than Porters X2! The VR-11 is REQUIRED, as it calms George down, but, yes it is pretty much useless otherwise. Also, if George died forever, he wouldn't be much of a "Boss" in a game with no end. I'm just saying. Also, with Sniping, if you have someone covering you, a sniper in the lighthouse could be pretty helpful, especially with the Scavenger and Draganov (I prefer it for its higher RoF, over L96A1).

dean456 wrote:

1. When the mystery box spawns in a different location to the electricity its a real pain cause you pretty much need to open 80% of the doors to get to both and really makes it impossible to get to a high level unless you get lucky with the box early i think they should make the box spawn near the electricity everytime

2. I dont mind that they put a boss type guy in the map but he just gets annoying and so far theres no way to get rid of him for good and i think if your gonna have something like that in the map at least make it possible to get rid of him for good or else theres not much point of him being there. but there could be a way to get rid of him for good so if there is then fine but if not then he's pointless

3. The vr11 is a nice idea but its really just a far worse version of the monkey bomb as it only distracts a few zombies at a time and it takes up a gun slot i know the upgraded version makes your teammates invulnerable for 10 seconds but so did the monkey bomb n i think to put the vr11 in and take the monkey bombs/gershes out was a mistake you can say that the monkey bombs made it too easy to revive people in the past which i agree with but the hard part isnt the reviving its the staying alive after your revived especially when you have no perks or points in those higher lvls so it doesnt really make a difference if they were in or not

4. Only one new perk. i dont mind the new perk its good and all but thought they could have come up with something better or more at least cause people have been saying to put steady aim perk in since WaW zombies also thought that phd flopper shouldn't have made a return i know some people like it but most people pass on it when choosing perks to buy

5. Easter Egg disappointment. As of now the multiplayer big easter egg hunt hasn't been solved but if the solo version is anything to go by which i believe the conclusion will be the same which is everyone gets a wonder waffe until the bullets run out and a perk which is really tight considering the outrage everyone had over ascensions easter egg outcome why cant they just give us something good like start off with everyone getting the wonder waffe until the bullets run out then make it available in the box or give everyone the wonder waffe until the bullets run out then you can replace the wonder waffe with a new gun giving you three weapons that to me feels like more worth the effort than what they give us

6. To introduce danny trejo to the cast and not make a machete the buyable upgraded knife is an outrage something that should have been there first thought especially after they put it in the trailer

1. There are plenty of solutions to this: split you team into two so they can cover the map with ease and all players can join together again when you get a crawler, use the weapons on the wall,  or if you are desperate keep restarting the game until you get a good box spawn. Besides, its nice to have to rely on the weapons you have access to then to just snatch the Ray Gun on round 5.

2. He is an oversized crawler who still can be killed. Just watch your shots and lure him away from your camping spots every round.

3. Agreed for the most part, and I would be more angry if it wasn't for the Scavenger.

4. There wasn't any new perks from Verruckt to Five and we did perfectly fine.

5. You can grade how well the easter egg is when you yourself have not seen the complete outcome. Stupid statement.

6. Its a cinematic, you can't round-house kick zombies either, and sure, it would be nice to have it, but chances are it would just be a redesigned Bowie Knife like the Sickle was.

Let me close by saying this map wasn't as awesome as I thought, but it is a beautifully design creation with secrets we still have yet to uncover. In the long run it was worth it for me.
    MASTERSIDEOUS
    Whats wrong with camping? As long as the entire team camps, whats wrong with that? Camping may be annoying in Deathmatch games, when playing against one another, but it is a strategy in Zombies. You can't camp indefinitely... you will get overrun, since the game has an issue of giving MAX ammos.

The fact they have sniping areas is pretty cool actually. The box gives you enough sniper rifles throughout anyhow, so why not the ability to use them. They should do away with the box altogether, and just have all the weapons scattered throughout the map. That way, people & teams do good or bad based on their skills... rather than play their best and die because the game screws them over with junk weapons.

xDanzHD wrote:

gazajed wrote:

xDanzHD wrote:

2.- George is killable.
    6.- Agree.

/facepalm

...you did? #5..." wanted the wunderwaffle"
    gazajed

xDanzHD wrote:

gazajed wrote:

xDanzHD wrote:

2.- George is killable.
    6.- Agree.

/facepalm

you. and theres no need to swear.
    xKDaNZ

Drewster1014 wrote:

Wtf? I didn't call the VR11 a Wunderwaffle, learn to read, it clearly says everyone wanted the Wunderwaffle back...

TheMagicCookie wrote:

People who don't use snipers are idiots. Take one, upgrade it, and it'll be a 1-shot kill for quite a while, longer than Porters X2! The VR-11 is REQUIRED, as it calms George down, but, yes it is pretty much useless otherwise. Also, if George died forever, he wouldn't be much of a "Boss" in a game with no end. I'm just saying. Also, with Sniping, if you have someone covering you, a sniper in the lighthouse could be pretty helpful, especially with the Scavenger and Draganov (I prefer it for its higher RoF, over L96A1).

You're correct.  If George died forever, the map would be to easy.

My only issue is the crawlers keep dying when they enter the water.  Other than that it's all cool.

xDanzHD wrote:

Drewster1014 wrote:

Wtf? I didn't call the VR11 a Wunderwaffle, learn to read, it clearly says everyone wanted the Wunderwaffle back...

You learn to read. You stated on your 5th bullet point that everyone wanted the wunderwaffle back. WE ARE SAYING THAT ITS NOT CALLED THE WUNDERWAFFLE. No "L" in the damn name.

Smileetus wrote:

dean456 wrote:

1.Its called don't rely on the box always wall weapons are good for racking up points and besides your going to have to open almost everything to get perks anyway.

2.If he died for good it would make the map boring and to easy plus he drops a wunderwaffe after you do the easter egg and a free perk so you can possibly get all 7 perks which make the map more fun.

3.Its good if you know how to use it seeing as upgraded it makes zombie ignore your teammate plus give them instakill for 15 seconds per shot and it isn't meant to act like a good monkey bomb its meant to get a few zombies out of your way to clear you a path

4.I personally am not a huge fan of the new perk but flopper is a life saver and having all those perks give people the ability to use the perks they like best.

5. The ascension easter egg was a bigger let down then call of the dead at least in call of the dead you get possibly the best wonder weapon till you run out of ammo which can easily get you through 2 - 3 rounds if you know how to use it plus you can get more ammo by killing George and It was placed in the box or something it would make the map less fun because then somebody can always have the wunderwaffe + be able to upgrade it and replacing it with another gun for 3 guns wouldn't work because it's in the power up slot and this easter egg didn't take alot of effort seeing how we found the end for both faster then the ascension one. Also there's more easter eggs in the map that could possibly also give you weapons maybe even the PPSH.

6. Why would you complain about the machete it wouldn't me any different in damage from the bowie or sickle plus it would take up more of the screen when you knife.

And for all you complaining because people call it the wunderwaffle get over it because dempsey called it that and they are only adding one extra letter it doesn't make a difference now if they said wonderwaffle then i can under stand because it wunder not wonder
    xKDaNZ
    Why should I? This is what you wrote.

That only tells me you are saying that I called the VR11 Wunderwaffle (waffe)

xDanzHD wrote:

Why should I? This is what you wrote.

That only tells me you are saying that I called the VR11 Wunderwaffle (waffe)

There is obviously supposed to be a comma between 'it' and 'and'. Implying that you said the word wunderwaffle at all...which you did...
    UndeadKoter
    I gotta say, if it's the biggest map (which it is :P). Why have almost no weapons at the wall?
    Also, please Treyarch put all the wall-guns in the box, aswell as new guns like the AK-47, M60, Kiparis whatever.
    I don't care about George.
    VR-11 sucks,  Scavenger is great.
    WunderWAFFE is nice when u kill George, but please just have it in the box.
    Justtui

insanemanzjp wrote:

I totally agree with you dude.  Not adding a Machete was such a kick in the balls to the people who watched the official trailer and saw machetes.

In the next zombie map, I'd like to see more classic zombie weapons such as, a pitchfork, machetes, sickle, and sawwed off shotguns.  Basically all the weapons in the trailer that weren't in the map.

Yes we were all mislead, but after watching the cut scene from the game i now under stand that those weapones were use as props for the movie that was been filmed the time the real zombies started coming.... sadly they didn't keep them as there melee weapons, thats because they were made of rubber... Lol

xDanzHD wrote:

gazajed wrote:

xDanzHD wrote:

2.- George is killable.
    6.- Agree.

/facepalm

I think it is safe to say you did. 

TheMagicCookie wrote:

I agree, I managed to hold to round 30 only with a PAP Flamethrower andPAP PTRS-41 back on Der Riese. all of my buds were saying that i would die before round 20 with this set-up. Funny how I managed to be the last man standing.

If 3arch were to bring back the PTRS-41....I would trade for it. 25 rounds OSOK to the head, 27 rounds, OSOK to the head PAP'd. Not to mention, the amount of HS you can get for just lining up a group of zombies and firing one .57 Caliber Anti-tank round into them.

I have Ps3...so i got to wait for a month till the Map comes out. But I'm defintly going for the Scavanger.
    JCoaster13
    Upgraded VR_11, when shot at a teammate they're invincible for about 15 seconds.
    Thiel619

Superirish19 wrote:

And for the WunderWaffe,I'd rather have it temporarily then not at all.I think it would be good as a normal,but rare powerup,like the death machine,as the WunderWaffe is OP compared to other Wonder Weapons.

Actually in my humble opinion the Thundergun is more overpowered than the Wunderwaffe.
    Why?
    Well mainly because the WW requires you to actually aim and hit a zombie or else it's a shot wasted, while the Thundergun requires no aiming at all just point in a direction the zombies are and it pretty much clears everything on screen close to you.

Thiel619 wrote:

Superirish19 wrote:

Actually in my humble opinion the Thundergun is more overpowered than the Wunderwaffe.
    Why?
    Well mainly because the WW requires you to actually aim and hit a zombie or else it's a shot wasted, while the Thundergun requires no aiming at all just point in a direction the zombies are and it pretty much clears everything on screen close to you.

exactly what i think. i think the Thundergun is so much better than the WW. no aiming, it can save you when your trapped in a corner and can kill the maximum number of zombies on the map with one shot, while the Wunderwaffe kills 10 tops.
    Boumabeast31

dean456 wrote:

First of all im not disappointed cause this maps hard i welcome a challenge but i expected more from this map it has such potential to be good

I know its pointless now but for the sake of future reference these are a few things i would have changed

not to say i don't enjoy this map i do because its something new to play but just doesn't appeal to me as much as ascension did when it was released mainly for the reasons above

for the next map if they release one i just hope to see
    a new wonder weapon that actually does damage to zombies
    less weapons that are useless like the snipers (not the scavenger) and launchers which a large majority doesn't use
    a new perk that is something you'd want to buy as much as juggernogg and speed cola
    return of monkey bombs/gersh devices or something new that has the same effect
    a satisfying ending to the long and grueling easter egg hunts

and for the people who wanna criticize me for this because you enjoy it and i don't as much is really pointless unless u have some constructive points as to why its better the way it is rather than with the changes i suggested otherwise don't bother please

i liked the new ideas treyarch had just think they could've been done better

1. I dislike this, but its just part of zombies. I haven't played so i wont say too much about this.
    2.im indifferent to george right ow. i think hes a good idea implemented wrong.
    3. That makes me sad 
    4.i like the fact that all 7 perks are in. gives you more options.
    5. This is my main thing. How would you want the easter egg to end? i never really finished the MMEE, but ive hearsd enough and done it most of the way to know its a disappointment. i refuse tolearn about the new one until it comes out on PS3 thou. I just don't know a good way to end the easter egg. A happy bunny that says,"yay you won?" lame. thats jjust my two cents thou.
    6. I agree with this on e, allowing the sickle to return was a little lame.