10 Replies Latest reply: May 8, 2011 9:42 PM by FKGSparrow RSS

PC Performance problems

H3r3tik
Hey Everyone,

I'm at a loss right now.  I can't get my frame rate to exceed an average of 35fps on my pc.  It doesn't make sense.  My specs are:
GPU: 2X EVGA GTX 470
CPU: Intel Q6600@2.4GHz
RAM: 8GB OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2@(i think) 1066MHz
MoBo: EVGA NVidia 750i FTW

Anyone have any ideas how to remedy this issue? All of my temps are fine and I haven't seen any sign of hardware malfunction.... 

Hope to hear from someone

H3r3t!k
  • Re: PC Performance problems
    BigOne1331
    Are all you drivers up to date? Have you tried to disable sli? Some have had issues with that. Some have had issue with the processor too.
    Alvagore
    The performance of the game (on PC) suck

They didn't care about the PC version.
    dicobalt
    Make sure you turned off shadows, it causes serious performance problems.  This game is extremely CPU intensive, far more than it should be.  This game seems to prefer CPUs with onboard memory controllers which your CPU does not have.
    BigOne1331

Alvagore wrote:

For you!!!!! Not for everyone. He asked for help, not a smart alack remark. 
    Can an admin start banning these trolls please.
    techno2k9
    What cooler are you using on your cpu?

If you are using the stock cooler you may want to upgrade the cooler to one that can cope with 2 fans in push pull and overclock your cpu.

This game as has been mentioned is very demanding on the cpu, and most of the time people have issue with low end dual/quad core cpu's.

Have you got the abillity to dual boot Win 7 and Win xp as most people also find they get better performance on Win xp.

The only other thing you can do at the moment before trying to overclock your cpu and installing win xp is these changes in the config file you will need to press ctrl + f to open the find box and then type the following.

snaps change from 20 to 30

maxpackets 30 to 100

multigpu from 0 to 1

multithreadedevice 0 to 1

maxfps 80 to 200

That may help before you try other thing's.

Do not try and overclock your cpu if you are not sure how to though as you may do more damage than good.

When I had my Q6600 I had it at 3.6ghz but I cannot remember what the multiplier was or the FSB or the voltage it was that long ago, but I know it did help with games that were quite demanding.
    Alvagore

BigOne1331 wrote:

Alvagore wrote:

I got a good PC:

SO: Windows 7 home premium 64bits
    Cpu: Amd Phenom II 965 3.4 Ghz Quadcore
    Ram: 4 gb ram ddr3
    Gpu: Nvidia geforce Gtx 470 1.3 gb
    Hard drive: 1 Tb sata II

some people have a PC 10 times better than mine but they run the game awful... 40-90 fps

i m not the only one with this problem. Treyarch have to learn how to make a good port, because this suck.
    H3r3tik
    Thanks for the pointers.  I'll give them a shot.  I've heard rumours that the game has problems interfacing with the FERMI architecture.  Don't know if there is any truth to that but it would explain performance problems with the GTX 470.  Hopefully i can get this figured out! 

PS: I already know that the game's performance is sub-par.  I wouldn't be out her asking for ways to improve it if I didn't.  I don't need someone wasting my time by pointing out the obvious.
    BigOne1331

Alvagore wrote:

BigOne1331 wrote:

Alvagore wrote:

I got a good PC:

SO: Windows 7 home premium 64bits
    Cpu: Amd Phenom II 965 3.4 Ghz Quadcore
    Ram: 4 gb ram ddr3
    Gpu: Nvidia geforce Gtx 470 1.3 gb
    Hard drive: 1 Tb sata II

some people have a PC 10 times better than mine but they run the game awful... 40-90 fps

i m not the only one with this problem. Treyarch have to learn how to make a good port, because this suck.

Maybe so, but the OP was asking for help, not a silly comment.
    ihatebugs
    my specs are about the same as the dude of which this thread belongs to :P

1GB gtx560i
    q6600 2.3Ghz
    8gb ddr2 mem

even with the nvidia control panel forcing everything to put on the graphics card, it still seems to lag, with highest or lowest settings. its not so much of the game design, treyarch simply didnt make good use of the modern warfare 1 engine, and created some programming bugs which causes framerate drops at highened lighting such as shooting your weapons, looking over a long distance or moving in an area where a smoke or gas grenade has been dropped.
    FKGSparrow
    You forget the main problem is infact Windows 7.

My specs are:

AMD Phenom II x4 965
    6gb ram
    geforce 470 gtx

I played with that setting on XP but with only 2 GB ram and had nearly constant 125 fps, after the upgrate to win 7 and the +4gb ram I run around with 50-125 fps. It is infact a Win 7 problem and not the graphiccards itself cause they have allready been updated for Black ops. But on the otherside I allways had directx error all over the place and couldnt play the game at all so im kinda happy with win 7 cause every other game runs flawless even BC2 with everything on high and dx11 with good fps.

Unluckly this win 7 problem is there since release.