37 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2011 1:41 PM by mamaluigi RSS

A Free Map, Thoughts?

Hey everyone, I think I have a fairly decent idea for all HD gamers. If you're a long time Call of Duty fan, you would remember way back when World at War was around that Treyarch gave a free map, Makin Day, for the Xbox360, PS3, and PC. Now, we all know that Sony's PlayStation Network is down, and has been down for quite some time. So, in the back of my head, I was wondering if Treyarch could throw out a free map for us. Even if it is a Night time to Day time map or vise versus, it's still a map that we as Call of Duty fans will enjoy.

Now, I am a PS3 player myself and I'm not going to be greedy and say "Oh, Treyarch I think the PS3 should get a free map because we couldn't play for like a billion years! >:O!" No, I'm not like that. I 100% agree that every console, including the Nintendo Wii, if possible, should get the opportunity for a nice free map.

So what do you guys think? Post it up.
  • Re: A Free Map, Thoughts?
    jasonroloff
    Why would 3arc even re-do a map just because PSN is down?  I could see giving you a few days of double XP since you are missing it.
    Big_Kid_Fun

jasonroloff wrote:

Why would 3arc even re-do a map just because PSN is down?  I could see giving you a few days of double XP since you are missing it.

agree.
    avfc94

jasonroloff wrote:

he backed up his argument with evidence for the idea......for W@W treyarch released makin day, which was for no reason, so maybe they could do it, and it would be nice to show they cared instead of releasing overpriced DLC all the time, but i doubt they will waste time/money on a free map when they can charge money for it

and they might have to do something, its been down so long a few people may lose interest in it, so they need to get those people back. its a good idea, i would like to see it happen even if it is a night map (although makin day sucked, i didnt like makin but it was cool because it was at night, makin day was just a rubbish map with nothing interesting about it)
    brandaman
    No, I'd hate it. What a horrible idea. /sarcasm

Of course nobody would disagree to this, it's just Activision are far too stingy to allow them to do this.

avfc94 wrote:

jasonroloff wrote:

he backed up his argument with evidence for the idea......for W@W treyarch released makin day, which was for no reason, so maybe they could do it, and it would be nice to show they cared instead of releasing overpriced DLC all the time, but i doubt they will waste time/money on a free map when they can charge money for it

and they might have to do something, its been down so long a few people may lose interest in it, so they need to get those people back. its a good idea, i would like to see it happen even if it is a night map (although makin day sucked, i didnt like makin but it was cool because it was at night, makin day was just a rubbish map with nothing interesting about it)

Thanks for the back up sir. Also, I think it's a great idea for all consoles and even you Xbox360 players will still be able to enjoy a new map even though your network wasn't affected. If I were you, I'd totally agree with this.
    If this happens, for the love of God do a Nighttime Firing Range.

Platinumb wrote:

If this happens, for the love of God do a Nighttime Firing Range.

That'd be very interesting man! Also, congratz on 4000 posts!
    schmambuman
    I'm pretty sure it's really easy to do this too. All you gotta do is change the lighting, I don't know if they have dynamic lights or anything, but just remove the "sun" and add some streetlights, or maybe moonlight. I know in even the overgrowth alpha you can just drag the sun around wherever you want.

schmambuman wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's really easy to do this too. All you gotta do is change the lighting, I don't know if they have dynamic lights or anything, but just remove the "sun" and add some streetlights, or maybe moonlight. I know in even the overgrowth alpha you can just drag the sun around wherever you want.

That's why a night time Havana would be pretty cool. Add some street lights and such then you got a sweet map. Back in World at War, Treyarch pretty much "re-did" Makin. They made it day time also the made the tide low-tide, which made the game play change with broken boats and such on the bottom where the water used to be. So, it can be done.
    schmambuman

Mama  Luigi wrote:

schmambuman wrote:

That's why a night time Havana would be pretty cool. Add some street lights and such then you got a sweet map. Back in World at War, Treyarch pretty much "re-did" Makin. They made it day time also the made the tide low-tide, which made the game play change with broken boats and such on the bottom where the water used to be. So, it can be done.

But I don't really think any maps in BLOPS would require a complete overhaul for lighting changes. Just remove the sun, add a moon, and then maybe streetlights or something.
    thebiindsniper
    A daytime version of Hanoi?

~RUGGED SAVIOR

TheBIindSniper wrote:

A daytime version of Hanoi?

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Yeah, that would be the one they would probably remake. Makin was night then they changed it to day time so... Who knows.

**bump**
    bump
    bump. Keep this thread alive, they may consider it! 
    twa545
    How about they bring back all the W@W maps. :shock:

twa545 wrote:

Hmm, maybe like 3.

1. Cliffside
    2. Castle
    3. DOME! <3
    twa545

Mama  Luigi wrote:

twa545 wrote:

Hmm, maybe like 3.

1. Cliffside
    2. Castle
    3. DOME! <3

twa545 wrote:

Mama  Luigi wrote:

twa545 wrote:

Hmm, maybe like 3.

1. Cliffside
    2. Castle
    3. DOME! <3

That'd be highly impossible...
    hopwas2010

twa545 wrote:

God no!

I already have them in WAW disc so why they should bring it back.. 

Hopwas2010 wrote:

twa545 wrote:

God no!

Yeah, because it was very annoying how IW pretty much made us pay for 3 maps and 2 old COD4 ones. Maybe if Treyarch slipped us like 1 or 2 for free from World at War, I'd have no problem.
    hopwas2010

Mama  Luigi wrote:

Yeah, because it was very annoying how IW pretty much made us pay for 3 maps and 2 old COD4 ones. Maybe if Treyarch slipped us like 1 or 2 for free from World at War, I'd have no problem.

I don't see a point Treyarch should give us 1 or 2 free WAW maps. It is all in past and it is time to move on to entirely new maps. Something to inject gamer's excitement to getting spanking brand new maps, not some recycling maps like WAW or MW2.

Hopwas2010 wrote:

Mama  Luigi wrote:

I don't see a point Treyarch should give us 1 or 2 free WAW maps. It is all in past and it is time to move on to entirely new maps. Something to inject gamer's excitement to getting spanking brand new maps, not some recycling maps like WAW or MW2.

I know what you mean man, but do you really think Treyarch is going to make a BRAND NEW map and give it free to the public? I highly doubt it. If anything, they'll turn a map into night or day, or bring a World at War map pack.
    djtremor
    I'd love a Havana night Time map 
    chamolinian670
    I think there should a be night time Nuketown.  That would be so freakn awesome!!!
    triash122

Hopwas2010 wrote:

Mama  Luigi wrote:

dunno seelow on black ops would be pritty good at least i would have room to use my sniper rifle
    Android46

Mama  Luigi wrote:

remember way back when World at War was around that Treyarch gave a free map, Makin Day.

I've been wondering about this myself.I think they should.For all consoles of course.

The Pentagon?.........

triash122 wrote:

Hopwas2010 wrote:

Mama  Luigi wrote:

dunno seelow on black ops would be pritty good at least i would have room to use my sniper rifle

Yeah, nice open field with loads of sniper spots! I'd love that! Just remove the tanks so people won't cry. 
    triash122
    this game don't have tank though also i would like Downfall

triash122 wrote:

this game don't have tank though also i would like Downfall

Yeah true. What about Cliffside?
    I would like one of the following...

A Nightime Nuketown (w/ the houses lit up, but dark behind the houses, streetlights in the middle)
    A Nightime Firing Range (w/ various floodlights, light inside the buildings, very dark in some of the paths near the back)
    A Nightime Havana (w/ all of the buildings lit up, streetlights, back alleys very dark)
    A Nightime Villa (w/ the main mansion lit up, other houses lit up, streetlights throughout the map)
    A Nightime Summit (w/ a full moon lighting up all of the snow, main building lit up)
    A Daytime Hanoi

...or one of the following World at War maps...

Dome
    Courtyard
    Cliffside
    Makin

Sstark21 wrote:

I would like one of the following...

A Nightime Nuketown (w/ the houses lit up, but dark behind the houses, streetlights in the middle)
    A Nightime Firing Range (w/ various floodlights, light inside the buildings, very dark in some of the paths near the back)
    A Nightime Havana (w/ all of the buildings lit up, streetlights, back alleys very dark)
    A Nightime Villa (w/ the main mansion lit up, other houses lit up, streetlights throughout the map)
    A Nightime Summit (w/ a full moon lighting up all of the snow, main building lit up)
    A Daytime Hanoi

...or one of the following World at War maps...

Dome
    Courtyard
    Cliffside
    Makin

Maybe their could be a need for night vision.  :o
    I'd like a reconstructed Jungle (Night) map.
    twa545

Mama  Luigi wrote:

Hopwas2010 wrote:

twa545 wrote:

God no!

@Hopwas2010, because 500K people play W@W daily?

@Mama Luigi
    Makin
    Castle
    Courtyard
    Upheavel
    Dome
    Asylum
    Airfield
    -Best Maps Ever

Mama  Luigi wrote:

Maybe their could be a need for night vision.  :o

I wondered why you never actually needed night vision in CoD4, I guess a useless button on the D-Pad was okay tho.
    @twa

Couldn't have listed those maps better myself! 
    twa545

Mama  Luigi wrote:

@twa

I could go on, but I forgot the rest.

Add Cliffside to the list.

twa545 wrote:

Mama  Luigi wrote:

@twa

I could go on, but I forgot the rest.

Add Cliffside to the list.

Yeah, Cliffside is a very nice map. Good sniping areas. Imagine a helicopter on that map? LOL.
    bump.