25 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2011 5:36 AM by oopsididitagain RSS

Got Black Ops for the xbox today...

HCTA
I know many of you are going to say things such as "who cares" etc, but some people might. This isn't me jumping ship, i've owned both systems for a while and my xbox has been gathering dust for over a year. However I got black ops today for it and it...is...amazing. The hit detection is really not all that bad, and most of the mess ups can be related to connection alone, but usually when I have a 3 bar connection, it means I have a 3 bar! I am not really getting any ridiculous amount of hit markers on people. I can say without a doubt that this just highlights the sloppiness on the ps3 transfer, or perhaps it is the fact why the psn is free. This game was made for the xbox, and if you are bored, or looking for better games more often I would recommend making the switch, or trying it out at a friends house.

tl;dr the xbox version is ultimately better than the playstation version, despite the horrible controllers.
  • Re: Got Black Ops for the xbox today...
    BANNED AGAIN
    What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having to read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
    HCTA

BANNED AGAIN wrote:

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having to read it. May God have mercy on your soul.

Nice name, Now back under the bridge with thee!
    LRIIDiinasty

BANNED AGAIN wrote:

LRIIDiinasty

HCTA wrote:

I know many of you are going to say things such as "who cares" etc, but some people might. This isn't me jumping ship, i've owned both systems for a while and my xbox has been gathering dust for over a year. However I got black ops today for it and it...is...amazing. The hit detection is really not all that bad, and most of the mess ups can be related to connection alone, but usually when I have a 3 bar connection, it means I have a 3 bar! I am not really getting any ridiculous amount of hit markers on people. I can say without a doubt that this just highlights the sloppiness on the ps3 transfer, or perhaps it is the fact why the psn is free. This game was made for the xbox, and if you are bored, or looking for better games more often I would recommend making the switch, or trying it out at a friends house.

tl;dr the xbox version is ultimately better than the playstation version, despite the horrible controllers.

ok just one thing
    you got black ops
    ok i don't mind
    but after you got it why do u need to post it
    if ppl wanna get an xbox they will
    stop trying to influence ppl's thought

HCTA

LRIIDiinasty wrote:

BANNED AGAIN wrote:

What is this I dont even...This is just my opinion on my experience playing the game today. I concurred the xbox version has far less problems, I still prefer the ps3 as a system more. Maybe this is why treyarch doesn't like psn users so much if your all going to have the same ignorant **** like opinions.
    BROTH3R DARKNES
    I've owned and played Black Ops on both PS3 and Xbox since the release. I can tell you that there isn't much difference in how the actual game runs.

I prefer the PS3 version, because I've always been a PS3 fan and I like the controllers better. Plus I hate the vast majority of idiots who play on Xbox Live. I have the Xbox version because all my friends play Xbox and it's just too easy to connect and chat with them, privately.

In the end, the game is the same. Just have patience.
    HCTA

BROTH3R DARKNES wrote:

I've owned and played Black Ops on both PS3 and Xbox since the release. I can tell you that there isn't much difference in how the actual game runs.

I prefer the PS3 version, because I've always been a PS3 fan and I like the controllers better. Plus I hate the vast majority of idiots who play on Xbox Live. I have the Xbox version because all my friends play Xbox and it's just too easy to connect and chat with them, privately.

Yes I don't like the controllers either, I prefer the ps3 mobility and such, but I think the connection is a trade off. I'm just sharing my opinion, and offering it for any others who would like to use it to perhaps kill the time while the psn is down. I only bought the game because I already owned an xbox.

BROTH3R DARKNES wrote:

i agree...have been playing my sons and the lag and bad connection are exactly the same
    LRIIDiinasty

HCTA wrote:

LRIIDiinasty wrote:

BANNED AGAIN wrote:

What is this I dont even...This is just my opinion on my experience playing the game today. I concurred the xbox version has far less problems, I still prefer the ps3 as a system more. Maybe this is why treyarch doesn't like psn users so much if your all going to have the same ignorant **** like opinions.

you know what i don't ******* hate xbox
    i love it just as much as i love ps3
    i love every console, but i m sick of ppl trying to influence ppl's thought and what they think about different consoles and things, just so they think just what you do
    and about the last treyarch part, treyarch doesn't hate ps3 the only reason BO might be a lil better on xbox was because sony made activision release BO on 9th of november instead of december which was set as its original release date for ps3
    and you can get ur ass into the xbox forum and post something good about a ps3 in comparison to xbox and then tell me how you like their opinions cause we all are same
    we just can't tolerate anything bad about our consoles, even if it might be true
    HCTA

johnyd32 wrote:

BROTH3R DARKNES wrote:

i agree...have been playing my sons and the lag and bad connection are exactly the same

Ok then , sorry if anyone else experiences this as well, I'm going to have fun in the mean time. Good night, happy gaming.
    jaye_movesya
    Thanks for the opinion, in my darkest hour I considered getting an xbox to try out, but just the look of it turns me off, (don't even start me on the wii) I'll stick with the ps3, even though I really am not a fan of sony at the moment. Thanx for sharing tho
    BROTH3R DARKNES

johnyd32 wrote:

Haha yes exactly.

Although I have witnessed a friend on Xbox pick himself up from Second Chance, a handy feature which I haven't seen on PS3... yet.
    So how does it feel to play online? It's been so long since we PS3 gamers have done so.
    Has anything changed? Do we still use controllers or are we using our minds to control in game actions?
    i just wanna play online
    gus_7275

and about the last treyarch part, treyarch doesn't hate ps3 the only reason BO might be a lil better on xbox was because sony made activision release BO on 9th of november instead of december which was set as its original release date for ps3

Multi-platform games always get released on the same date, only DLC releases differ. If there is any difference in the performance of Black Ops between the Xbox and PS3 system it will most likely be as a result of a bad porting job. Multi-platform games are always developed on the Xbox as it is easier to develop for this system, the game is then ported to the playstation. A good example of this was a patch that was released about 3 months ago for the PS3 that had a glitch where if you scrolled between the multi player menu an Xbox related topic would pop up (cant remember the exact details but will try and find an example.)
    LRIIDiinasty

gus_7275 wrote:

Multi-platform games always get released on the same date, only DLC releases differ. If there is any difference in the performance of Black Ops between the Xbox and PS3 system it will most likely be as a result of a bad porting job. Multi-platform games are always developed on the Xbox as it is easier to develop for this system, the game is then ported to the playstation. A good example of this was a patch that was released about 3 months ago for the PS3 that had a glitch where if you scrolled between the multi player menu an Xbox related topic would pop up (cant remember the exact details but will try and find an example.)

idk if u know this but BO was released early for xbox
    The multiplayer on Xbox is so much better than PS3= a lie
    I know, I play on it some times with some friends that have 360. It's completely horrible. Find nothing but bad host. Red bars every where.
    I really don't get how some people say it's better. I'm assuming they are the ones lagging most of the time. PS3 may be the same but from my experience you can at least find a lobby with a decent host and it's playable. I just play zombies on there for most of the time.
    KrystaChu

BANNED AGAIN wrote:

By far one of the best comments I have seen! "The puppy who lost his way."
    gus_7275

LRIIDiinasty wrote:

gus_7275 wrote:

idk if u know this but BO was released early for xbox

Maybe in certain areas there were shipping delays but the game was released at the same time for all consoles.
    "Call of Duty: Black Ops is a first-person shooter video game[6] developed by Treyarch, published by Activision and released worldwide on November 9, 2010 for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3,[5] Wii consoles,[10] with a separate version for Nintendo DS developed by n-Space."
    Here is the link if you dont believe me:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Black_Ops
    If you have a better link that disproves what i have said so far you're welcome to send it
    Rapid_Shotz_808

HCTA wrote:

I like cheese

I like capicola
    Whitwell2008

HCTA wrote:

good for you welcome to your new home, BTW a XCM Cross Fire adapter and use the PS3â„¢ controller to your Xbox 360â„¢ console. With built in rapid fire / turbo,and tilt functions
    Rapid_Shotz_808

Whitwell2008 wrote:

HCTA wrote:

good for you welcome to your new home, BTW a XCM Cross Fire adapter and use the PS3â„¢ controller to your Xbox 360â„¢ console. With built in rapid fire / turbo,and tilt functions

Being nice, what the f. Tar and feather this mofo.
    Whitwell2008

Rapid_Shotz_808 wrote:

Whitwell2008 wrote:

HCTA wrote:

Being nice, what the f. Tar and feather this mofo.

Sorry for being British 
    I have Black Ops on both consoles, but no point trying to point out which one is better on here because you only get whinged at
    oopsididitagain

HCTA wrote:

I call BullS**T as i have played B/Ops on 360 too and u sir r just a troll 360 has the same issues we have so GTFO