9 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2011 10:35 AM by TheMagicCookie RSS

how to make zombie maps more enjoyable

flyingzombiekiller
I have heard in many places that treyach listen to their followers and sometimes take note of community ideas, so i would like to take this oppotunity to state a  few things that would make these maps more enjoyable for me, and maybe if im lucky...really...LUCKY  i might see a few implemented in future dlc's.

Easter egg's

I do love the easter eggs and it's true in this context the bigger the better, however i have allways wanted since i first played  (nacht der untoten)  is a hidden area/room. I allways find after opening up all the doors to that map within the first 10 rounds, i think to my self.....well i can do two things, i can do the EE with no real benifit for doing it or i can just play properly shooting endless wave's of the undead. its good fun but does get old a little fast if thats all your doing.

My point is that after completing a large EE egg there is no point and no real benefit to the conclusion of that EE = (90 second DM) (LIMITED WW), it would be a nice change that after you complete a EE this could open up a hidden area or even a room to allow for a different strategy or even just a different change of scenery.

Objectives

Also i would like to see objectives obviously not compulsory but hidden objectives similar to the EE but with more of them, these also would add longevity to a map.

Guns

I am getting a little tired of weapons in black ops, i would like to see a few more machine guns with high rate of fire and clip storage. I like the mpl but 24 shots a clip...?, bring back the ppsh, those was the days that having a ppsh in your hands and a mg42 by your side, you hit a raygun and don't want to pick it up, "im not trading my ppsh" lol.
Now i feel compelled to have to pick the raygun up due to the lack of enjoyable guns on the map, and this makes me sad

Attachments

I did enjoy when black ops first came out that you could get  attachments for certain weapons i.e AUG (underbarrel shotgun), but there could be more. This would make the weapons that we do have in black ops a little more entertaining and would add some variety without having to add anymore weapons to the dlc's.

WunderWeapons

Wunderweapons are a master stroke of genius on treyarchs behalf, however obviously some are better than others and i would like the choice in a map to be able to pick which one i want to use. I enjoy the winters howl but can only use it in(five) & (verukt), so i think maybe a option before you start a game to determine the Wunder you would like to be able to get in a given map and all players have this choice, but as usual you can only have one player aquiring that weapon at a given time.

Anyway that would be my suggestions to make these maps more enjoyable.

Thanksfor reading.
  • Re: You apparently listen to your fans
    The hidden room cant have anything good otherwise it wouldn't be all that fair. Say a perk or something wouldn't be fair. A special wall weapon wouldn't be fair. Maybe a max ammo would do, maybe even a bonfire sale, but there cant be anything game changing in there. There would have to be zombie spawns in the room or it'd have to be the size of the BAR room on Verruckt as to not create a god like camping spot. But I could see it happening
    I would have thought that a Soviet map like CotD would have the PPSH, not the MP40.

At least the Winter's Howl.. I mean seriously.
    dean456
    Yea im really disappointed in the easter egg its soooooo lame going through the effort to figure it out and even to do it knowing the steps is hard enough n then only to be rewarded with a perk n 1 person gets a wonder waffe that's not permanent is a real waste of time

how do you pretty much give us the same thing twice after the community pretty much canned the outcome of the first major easter egg its just a crap ending to a fun easter egg hunt and no1 likes a bad ending in anything

the proper outcome for this easter egg would have been getting a perk for everyone and a wonder waffe for whoever picks it up until the bullets run out and then its available in the mystery box to me that makes it seem worth it but i also like the idea of a secret room of some sort in future dlc with something inside thats fun or new

also a cutscene would be nice  

n i don't think that giving us a gun or a new perk or something would be unfair as everyone has the opportunity to acquire an outcome of the easter egg i mean it doesn't take that much to look on youtube and find out wat to do and if people cant complete the easter egg then they probably dont have much chance of being good enough to complain about it being unfair anyway so yea just my 2 cents
    Talegate
    How about a new perk that was "useful"-------Headshot Daquri c'mon an aim assist, who the hell needs an aim assist, Treyarc I feel that you think we can't aim. I'm sure after a couple years of zombies we are pretty good at aimin.
    shylabugg

flyingzombiekiller wrote:

I have heard in many places that treyach listen to their followers and sometimes take note of community ideas, so i would like to take this oppotunity to state a  few things that would make these maps more enjoyable for me, and maybe if im lucky...really...LUCKY  i might see a few implemented in future dlc's.

Easter egg's

I do love the easter eggs and it's true in this context the bigger the better, however i have allways wanted since i first played  (nacht der untoten)  is a hidden area/room. I allways find after opening up all the doors to that map within the first 10 rounds, i think to my self.....well i can do two things, i can do the EE with no real benifit for doing it or i can just play properly shooting endless wave's of the undead. its good fun but does get old a little fast if thats all your doing.

My point is that after completing a large EE egg there is no point and no real benefit to the conclusion of that EE = (90 second DM) (LIMITED WW), it would be a nice change that after you complete a EE this could open up a hidden area or even a room to allow for a different strategy or even just a different change of scenery.

Objectives

Also i would like to see objectives obviously not compulsory but hidden objectives similar to the EE but with more of them, these also would add longevity to a map.

Guns

I am getting a little tired of weapons in black ops, i would like to see a few more machine guns with high rate of fire and clip storage. I like the mpl but 24 shots a clip etc.???? bring back the ppsh, those was the days that having a ppsh in your hands and a mg42 by your side, you hit a raygun and don't want to pick it up, "im not trading my ppsh" lol.
    Now i feel compelled to have to pick the raygun up due to the lack of enjoyable guns on the map, and this makes me sad

Anyway that would be my suggestions to make these maps more enjoyable.

Thanksfor reading.

just glancing.

For the objectives.. i'm all for that, but i hate having to study the easter egg on line for a good half hour or more to figure it out. i wish there was some kinda hint system to figure out what to do. i mean messing with the levers in the power room? i wouldn't have noticed that when running for my life from the hordes. even the 3 items for a song thing i never figure out till i read it on the forums or youtube them.

Weapons, i agree and disagree. the galil is very effective. sure it's not as effective as the ray gun expecscially in late rounds, and you run out of ammo with it faster, but it's still a damn effective weapon. same with aug m16, etc.

Ultimately i'd enjoy seeing them remodel the ray gun into something that's just as effective... but then again... we wanted a new wonder weapon and got a VR11... anyone with a brain in there head knows that thing is a complete rip off... if it wasn't for the scavenger i would've played COTD and given up on it. With treyarch you kinda have to be careful what you wish for. you ask for a lemon snow cone, and you get a piss flavored slushie.

I'm all for them "adding" weapons but at this point theres so many in the box sometimes i get the weapons right off the bat, sometimes i'll play dozens of rounds and get notta. (even on ascension) i think they need to take the pistol out of the box. also the two semi auto shotguns... they only need one of those. rather the spas 12 since it has an extra shot in the clip.

Some guns i'd really enjoy seeing which are modern (future from vietnam) are.

Saiga 12K full auto drum mag shotgun with warhead rounds. If u haven't seen this. it's basically like the spas 12. but it's a 30 round clip. and it has warhead rounds which basically make a m80 type explosion once they  are in the target... so basically blow targets in half. meant mainly for bunkers and busting through cinderblock walls, but the flame thrower was meant for trenches but yet we've used THAT on zombies.

Also the racer pistol. a competition pistol with a sight on it, super accurate, and super fast rate of fire. It's actually a m1911 on steroids with a ton of mods.

And some others.
    BobbyBanhammer
    I wish the WW2 weapons were back I really miss my flamethrower and double barrell =( the olympia just kinda looks dumb to me
    dr ikilluall99
    yea a hidden door that has a different area with more doors to open.
  • Re: how to make zombie maps more enjoyable
    flyingzombiekiller
    shylabugg

Yea i think the raygun needs to be remodelld to something a little different just to add a little freshness back to the game, it has been around since the beggining and should be modified to keep it exciting.

Guns i would like to be able to use...ARE :

STEN
    M60
    AK47
    dual wield SHOTGUNS
    STONER

etc.

Heres to wishfull thinking.
  • Re: how to make zombie maps more enjoyable
    TheMagicCookie
    Maybe a Wonder Weapon maker for a Zombies video game? Check Call of Duty: Nazi Zombies thread.