26 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2011 11:02 AM by Z0MB1E MESSIAH RSS

Hacker Pro Question

SKS Young
Hey everyone. I just was playing TDM with my buddy and we were debating this. If you're trying to get Hacker Pro with the Motion Jammer, does it count when YOU are in the range and the enemy isnt? Or does it only count if the enemy is in it? He was saying they were counting towards his Hacker Pro challenge but I tried it and it didnt work. I was barely inside the radius and the enemy wasnt and I told him what happened and then he said I have to be in the VERY middle of it. Like right next to the jammer. Anyone have any clue on this? I would much appreciate feedback so I can give him an earful.
  • Re: Hacker Pro Question
    vims1990

SKS Young wrote:

Hey everyone. I just was playing TDM with my buddy and we were debating this. If you're trying to get Hacker Pro with the Motion Jammer, does it count when YOU are in the range and the enemy isnt? Or does it only count if the enemy is in it? He was saying they were counting towards his Hacker Pro challenge but I tried it and it didnt work. I was barely inside the radius and the enemy wasnt and I told him what happened and then he said I have to be in the VERY middle of it. Like right next to the jammer. Anyone have any clue on this? I would much appreciate feedback so I can give him an earful.

I think you mean the motion sensor & jammer.

I've done the Hacker Pro challenge 14 times because of prestiging and have used the motion sensor.

I believe you have to be in the range of the motion sensor to get the challenge.

Any forum member, correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers
    SKS Young
    No I meant the Jammer in particular. He was saying that As long as YOU are in it, the enemy doesnt have to be. Which makes no sense. Why would it count if their HUD isnt scrambled? Thats the whole reason to have a Jammer.
    patmann123

SKS Young wrote:

No I meant the Jammer in particular. He was saying that As long as YOU are in it, the enemy doesnt have to be. Which makes no sense. Why would it count if their HUD isnt scrambled? Thats the whole reason to have a Jammer.

they do have to be in the range of the jammer. i just got it a few days ago. Only works if their radar is jammed.
    deadlyzergling
    They have to b ein it. I would do it on demo or don grid. Put it near a door then far away lay n camp shoot htem.
    ill-lll
    They have to be in it. Doesn't matter if you are or not. Better to put it near the area enemies are entering from than on top of yourself.
    Junkywolf
    Yeah, they have to be in the range if your jammer.  As it so happens, one of things I tend to like to do is set up a jammer in a high traffic area and wait for people to walk through it while I shoot from a distance. 

The main thing is that THEY are in the jammer zone, not you.
    _SNAPPEDDUDER_
    They have to be within range of either one. just play hc ctf set it at your flag, camp it out and you will have 25 near equipment kills in 1 or 2 games.
    Like the guys have already said, the red dots will have to be in the range of your MS/Jammer.

Try placing these at the B flag on Dom or the HQ and you should get it rather quickly.

Any suggestions for getting the C4/Claymore one quicker though? It's the one that always take forever for me!

(And also the C4 on Dom flags isn't working quite as effectively as it used to...)
    That6uy420p

SKS Young wrote:

you have to get kills near your equipment.. meaning they need to be within the radius

VTi wrote:

Like the guys have already said, the red dots will have to be in the range of your MS/Jammer.

Try placing these at the B flag on Dom or the HQ and you should get it rather quickly.

Any suggestions for getting the C4/Claymore one quicker though? It's the one that always take forever for me!

(And also the C4 on Dom flags isn't working quite as effectively as it used to...)

What Ive found to work with regards to the equipment kills, is simply play the game normally and youll find they come to you.

If you set out to actually get equipment kills and focus just on that, it effectively takes you longer. The great thing is, play long enough "normally" and this challenge will complete itself, you dont have to make a conscious adjustment to complete it.
    trialstardragon
    only they need to be in the range of the sensor or jammer.. you do not at all.. I use it on array when sniping.. always place it down map from where I will be but still within site of the range being affected. kill player.. it adds to challenge every time..
    _SNAPPEDDUDER_

VTi wrote:

run around and use your c-4 like gernades

JPE777 wrote:

What Ive found to work with regards to the equipment kills, is simply play the game normally and youll find they come to you.

If you set out to actually get equipment kills and focus just on that, it effectively takes you longer. The great thing is, play long enough "normally" and this challenge will complete itself, you dont have to make a conscious adjustment to complete it.

Yeah, it's funny as during my first 6-7 prestiges, I was able to get Hacker pro by level 30 or so, just by laying Claymores all over the place.

Then on one prestige, I got it at level 49 (FML), so decided to use C4 to get the kills, did alright and got it around level 40 odd on my next prestige.

But realised maybe I won't bother until I'm 15th (currently 14th).

VTi wrote:

JPE777 wrote:

Yeah, it's funny as during my first 6-7 prestiges, I was able to get Hacker pro by level 30 or so, just by laying Claymores all over the place.

Then on one prestige, I got it at level 49 (FML), so decided to use C4 to get the kills, did alright and got it around level 40 odd on my next prestige.

But realised maybe I won't bother until I'm 15th (currently 14th).

Yeah, Im like that with Tactical Mask pro. Its an absolute %^&*! to get but its a fantastic pro perk to have. Decided to wait til the last prestige before going for it and stick with marathon & hacker before then.

JPE777 wrote:

Yeah, Im like that with Tactical Mask pro. Its an absolute %^&*! to get but its a fantastic pro perk to have. Decided to wait til the last prestige before going for it and stick with marathon & hacker before then.

I've heard so many good thing about Tac Mask pro, but also heard it's a nightmare to get.

Again, I will only go for this when I'm 15th - nothing worst than getting a really good pro perk, fall in love with it, but struggle EVERY time to get it back.

I can imagine the ultimate Dom setup - FJ pro, Hardened Pro and Tac Mask Pro.
    Bieltan

_SNAPPEDDUDER_ wrote:

VTi wrote:

run around and use your c-4 like gernades

I cannot for the life of me do this, they dont go far enough! Although I haven't held down the trigger before throwing them... does this increase the range, meaning I've been a massive tool?
    nazinfinity

VTi wrote:

A good thing I done is this, whenever you find a camper then plant a claymore behind him He moves and he's dead lol.

A better one is to have C4 constantly equipped and do the same as above...drop a C4 next to a camper and kill him BUT it's also useful cause you may get lucky and see an enemy not playing...a quick C4 kill

Anoher idea, one that my mate does, is to put a Claymore in front of any Tac insertions you find, guaranteed kill usually.
    DA Cleric

Ill-lll wrote:

They have to be in it. Doesn't matter if you are or not. Better to put it near the area enemies are entering from than on top of yourself.

This.

Also, jammer is much easier to get it with than motion sensor... as it has bigger radius.

nazinfinity wrote:

A good thing I done is this, whenever you find a camper then plant a claymore behind him He moves and he's dead lol.

A better one is to have C4 constantly equipped and do the same as above...drop a C4 next to a camper and kill him BUT it's also useful cause you may get lucky and see an enemy not playing...a quick C4 kill

Anoher idea, one that my mate does, is to put a Claymore in front of any Tac insertions you find, guaranteed kill usually.

Yeah, that's what I've reverted to now - with the new maps out, there is an increase in campers, so now is the best time for it!

Also love the stationary players - got to love the easy explosive kills! 
    nazinfinity

DA Cleric wrote:

Ill-lll wrote:

This.

Also, jammer is much easier to get it with than motion sensor... as it has bigger radius.

Nah, imo the Motion Sensor is far easier based on the fact 99% of people WILL show up on it and the people who have Hacker Pro tend to hack it, thus giving away their position

Honestly, when I was prestiging it would take 3 games max to get that challenge completed, Motion Sensor is far far easier.

VTi wrote:

JPE777 wrote:

I've heard so many good thing about Tac Mask pro, but also heard it's a nightmare to get.

Again, I will only go for this when I'm 15th - nothing worst than getting a really good pro perk, fall in love with it, but struggle EVERY time to get it back.

I can imagine the ultimate Dom setup - FJ pro, Hardened Pro and Tac Mask Pro.

This is close to my ultimate Dom setup but Id have Warlord Pro instead of Hardened Pro.

The no flinching thing would be handy but nowhere near as useful as the extra grenades that Warlord Pro provides you.

JPE777 wrote:

This is close to my ultimate Dom setup but Id have Warlord Pro instead of Hardened Pro.

The no flinching thing would be handy but nowhere near as useful as the extra grenades that Warlord Pro provides you.

Hum... I do like that you get the extra lethal nade, but since you can only get one Willy Pete, I think I'd still prefer the less flinching, just so capping/recapping is less of a challenge.

I might give Warlord Pro a go when I do go for all pro perks and mix it up, but tbh, I'm sure FJ pro and Tac Mask pro are the only two vital perks for Dom.
    nazinfinity

VTi wrote:

JPE777 wrote:

Hum... I do like that you get the extra lethal nade, but since you can only get one Willy Pete, I think I'd still prefer the less flinching, just so capping/recapping is less of a challenge.

I might give Warlord Pro a go when I do go for all pro perks and mix it up, but tbh, I'm sure FJ pro and Tac Mask pro are the only two vital perks for Dom.

I wouldn't say either are vital, I don't use either of them and atm i'm soaring up the leaderboards....I only started playing DOM yesterday btw.

Hardline Pro is awesome if you get a lot of CP's but I personay prefer using Ghost Pro, SoH Pro and Hacker Pro :p

VTi wrote:

JPE777 wrote:

Yeah, the one smoke is a pain but Im often using flash/stuns anyway (you need to get TM pro) so its negated then. Im often in a prone position when capping anyway (depends which one and which map of course) so the no flinching bit would be diluted for me.

Plus, when playing Dom, Warlord is one of the easiest to get to pro. I usually get it between levels 15-20 and thats simply by playing the game normally. Hardened means you're playing differently by having to put bullets in aircraft etc.

nazinfinity wrote:

I wouldn't say either are vital, I don't use either of them and atm i'm soaring up the leaderboards....I only started playing DOM yesterday btw.

Hardline Pro is awesome if you get a lot of CP's but I personay prefer using Ghost Pro, SoH Pro and Hacker Pro :p

I usually do switch to that class if I find that the other team are ghost camping and not really going for objectives, or if I'm getting a hammering.

I must say, that setup helps to suprise the other team who are feeding off the people going for camps.

I'm an aggressive capper though, so that's why those two perks would be vital for me.
    Z0MB1E MESSIAH

vims1990 wrote:

SKS Young wrote:

I think you mean the motion sensor & jammer.

I've done the Hacker Pro challenge 14 times because of prestiging and have used the motion sensor.

I believe you have to be in the range of the motion sensor to get the challenge.

Any forum member, correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers

That's not how it did it for me. I needed the enemy to be in it ---

I would set the sensor out ahead of my cover and it would warn me people coming around a corner or over a hill or something and I'd pop out and shoot them. Maybe I was in range too... Don't remember. Quite a few times I'm pretty sure I was not though. On objective games, I'd set it in popular paths or near the objectives and go and get my kills.