19 Replies Latest reply: May 11, 2011 9:38 PM by shaun1856 RSS

To Everyone Saying The V-R11 is Amazing

Just one question. What if you're playing solo? The weapon needs tweaking. The multiplayer/support aspect is fine, but what about all the players who play by themselves? Either make it have a different use on solo, or boost the zombie attraction strength.
  • Re: To Everyone Saying The V-R11 is Amazing
    nocturnal240

BlackOps1232 wrote:

Just one question. What if you're playing solo? The weapon needs tweaking. The multiplayer/support aspect is fine, but what about all the players who play by themselves? Either make it have a different use on solo, or boost the zombie attraction strength.

In this case, i agree the V-R11 is practically worthless in solo except for calming George down when he is mad or to send him back to the abyss from where he came.

It is similar to the Ballistic Kinfe in solo, almost worthless.

My piece of advice: take it anyway, you never know when your going to get corned by George or by a horde of zombies and those 3 seconds of the zombies chasing that human allow you to live.

Nocturnal240 wrote:

BlackOps1232 wrote:

In this case, i agree the V-R11 is practically worthless in solo except for calming George down when he is mad or to send him back to the abyss from where he came.

Similar, but not on the same level of uselessness. The ballistic Knife upgraded with the sickle is a monster . Granted you have no on to revive its still a decent weapon...I dont want it..but I'd probably take it over the V-R11 in solo.

Nocturnal240 wrote:

BlackOps1232 wrote:

My piece of advice: take it anyway, you never know when your going to get corned by George or by a horde of zombies and those 3 seconds of the zombies chasing that human allow you to live.

I agree on the calming part, but I wouldn't take it unless I'm doing the EE. If you shoot a zombie right in front of you when cornered, they kill the human in 2 hits, then kill you. Not NEARLY enough time to get away especially if you truely are cornered. And why take a gun which is terrible at distracting zombies which takes up a precious weapon slot when you can use the crossbow which is 10x more effective, AND easier to obtain? The V-R11 is supposed to be the new wonderweapon, but is not in the least wonderful in Solo.
    nocturnal240

BlackOps1232 wrote:

Nocturnal240 wrote:

BlackOps1232 wrote:

I agree on the calming part, but I wouldn't take it unless I'm doing the EE. If you shoot a zombie right in front of you when cornered, they kill the human in 2 hits, then kill you. Not NEARLY enough time to get away especially if you truely are cornered. And why take a gun which is terrible at distracting zombies which takes up a precious weapon slot when you can use the crossbow which is 10x more effective, AND easier to obtain? The V-R11 is supposed to be the new wonderweapon, but is not in the least wonderful in Solo.

Fair enough
    Xmenace42
    I haven't heard of anyone trying, so I have to ask: if you shoot yourself in the feet with the Lazarus, does it give you Insta-Kill and invulnerability too?
    stop fuÂcking making new threads and come on over to my post.  change the vr11
    nocturnal240

borninboston777 wrote:

Perhaps you should listen to other players and stop with the profanity and people would be more inclined to go to your thread to discuss the V-R11.
    ok nocballsÂack ill stop with the profanity.   hey everyone me and nocfaÂggot here have a fiery conversation over at change the vr11 come join
    Randy Chew
    Cockturnal's logic is flawless.

flawless

borninboston777 wrote:

ok nocballsÂack ill stop with the profanity.   hey everyone me and nocfaÂggot here have a fiery conversation over at change the vr11 come join

Grab it to get the achievement and never pick it up again!  For Solo all you need is the Scavenger & Ray gun.
    nocturnal240

borninboston777 wrote:

I'm impresed...

Nocturnal240 wrote:

borninboston777 wrote:

I'm impresed...

I liked Cockturnal better...
    nocturnal240

Drewster1014 wrote:

Nocturnal240 wrote:

borninboston777 wrote:

I'm impresed...

I liked Cockturnal better...

Hmmmm, someone is mature...

Nocturnal240 wrote:

hell of a lot better than nocballsack...or nocfaggot...just doesnt seem creative. Cockturnal just rolls off teh tongue.
    nocturnal240

Drewster1014 wrote:

Nocturnal240 wrote:

hell of a lot better than nocballsack...or nocfaggot...just doesnt seem creative. Cockturnal just rolls off teh tongue.

Perhaps my next account name...
    Yea, you can even tell them the story if they ask why..."Why did you name yourself that?" "Oh, because someone called me that and got positive feedback."    

Nocturnal240 wrote:

borninboston777 wrote:

Perhaps you should listen to other players and stop with the profanity and people would be more inclined to go to your thread to discuss the V-R11.

Well said!  
    shylabugg

BlackOps1232 wrote:

agreed... but really, they need to boost the zombie attraction rate to that of monkey bombs. basically attracts all zombies, the ones really far away hold still confused. till then, i'll always pass the vr11.

n yeah it's good for large teams (3 or 4) where each person can have a "**** weapon that's good for team" such as pap'd balistic knife, but with 1-2 player, u don't bother with vr11 unless u instantly pap it, use it on GR, then probably trade it again.
    shaun1856

Xmenace42 wrote:

I haven't heard of anyone trying, so I have to ask: if you shoot yourself in the feet with the Lazarus, does it give you Insta-Kill and invulnerability too?

yes but only for a limited time