16 Replies Latest reply: May 12, 2011 11:06 AM by whozthedaddy84 RSS

COD4 the best?

CRonaldo9Messi10
Since psn has been down, i decided to complete campaign modes of mw2 and black ops on veteren difficulty. Mw2 was my 1st cod game and i decided that since people loved cod4 the best it must be really good so i decided to buy it and play the campaign and i have to say i think its an awful game the graphics are really poor and the guns look so fake. I know that it was released in 2007 so obviously the graphics wouldnt be up to scratch compared to games now. but i still read that cod4 is the best. IMO, i disagree 100%.
  • Re: COD4 the best?
    BROTH3R DARKNES
    You're wrong.

I've never played any CoD campaigns so can't comment on that.

But CoD4 online is the best, and judging by the more recent CoDs, CoD4 will always be the best.

Once you use the M16, MP5 or M40A3 - you will hate almost every other weapon because none of them compare.
    mmmCHOCOLATES
    Because graphics are what make a game great rite?

Counter Strike is over a decade old and almost 50k people still play it...... gameplay goes a long way my friend
    Modern Warfare set the bar for CoD. You probably should've played it first.
    mike-shz
    No my friend, you are very wrong. What could be more thrilling than crawling through Chernobyl in a ghillie suit (ah, my favourite mission, all ghillied up) surrounded by hostile troops and tanks close enough to...touch. COD 4 was truly the best COD, the one that set the bar for all CODs, the gameplay and engine so well designed that the game engine is still used up till today, in Black Ops (and most probadly MW3). If they just took COD 4, improved the graphics, added the black ops create a class system and wager matches, I would gladly buy it.
    BROTH3R DARKNES

mike-shz wrote:

If they just took COD 4, improved the graphics, added the black ops create a class system and wager matches, I would gladly buy it.

My dream. With CoD4 weapons, plus the G11.
    OGP]K!ng$hotgun
    IMO, Cod 4 had the best multiplayer, and story for campaign.

The CoD 4 MP didn't seem to have any OP guns. Almost perfect, except for hackers and Glitchers. Everygun seemed as good as the next. Also the snipers were amazing. R700, M40A3, and .50cal were awesome! And Rapid Fire (Double Tap) was a perk, not an attachment
    lilsweat
    CoD4 is the nothing but the most overrated CoD game.
    ghosthound
    Cod4 was a great game.

But it wasn't the best.

Waw took what was great about Cod4 & then improved what sucked about Cod4.
    DanielWW2
    CoD 1 UO will always be the best CoD.
    It went down hill from the start with CoD.

Finest Hour?
    No.
    Big Red One is where its at.
    Horrorman

DanielWW2 wrote:

CoD 1 UO will always be the best CoD.
    It went down hill from the start with CoD.

Yea it started after Modern Warfare.
    COD4 on the PC does not have prestiege on it, at least the Game of the Year Edition that is, the graphics are not bad, the MP is fantastic it really set the bar for all FPS games.  The P90 was the closest thing to "OP" because of its RoF, but the SAW has similar RoF or at least close to it, not to complain because I got my first red tiger camo using it.  The story line is great, and to the point no filler and has fun missions.  I like the AC-130 mission the most followed by one shot, one kill.  If you say this game is bad, then you must be messed up in the head.
    Call of Duty 2 set the bar...I don't know what any of you are talking about.
    CoD4 weapons look fake? Lolwut?

If anything MW2's weapon look fake. All shiny and stuff. MW2 even uses a RDS that doesn't even exist, and a holographic sight that looks awful ( the battery holder isn't even there, or the laser )

And also, look AWAY from the Graphics ... AWAY, it's not the graphics that make the game. It's a great game, World at War is better though, having both CoD4 and World at War is a great idea. IMO atleast.
    WaW isnt great graphics, but I love that game to bits.
    cod4 a country mile ahead of any call of duty game (not now, when it was playable)cod2 comes in second,MW2 easily the worst one yet