42 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2011 1:29 PM by vanbasten_ RSS

Go on the Stoke!!

forrest-gump____
FA Cup final time!!!!

Stoke is my second home, so I hope they do it 
  • Re: Go on the Stoke!!
    llewellyn237
    I'm neutral, not arsed who wins, but will be watching with glee as usual...
    absolute_legend
    COmee on man city woooooooop! 3:1 man city i reckon
    KevinSna
    I'm american, so I have no clue what's being said here.. Soccer?
    MancBloke
    Come on Stoke!!!!

Top my day off for me, Utd winning the league and City getting beat in the final - Quality.
    llewellyn237

KevinSna wrote:

The oldest sporting knock-out competition in the world. The template, if you will.
    forrest-gump____

KevinSna wrote:

Yup 
    the_joker1

KevinSna wrote:

mate, its not soccer, its football!
    plasmaflame

the_joker1 wrote:

KevinSna wrote:

Depends on where you reside. In Australia and America it's 'Soccer', in all of Europe, it's 'Football'.

It's also a personal preference. I call it Football, because it's the only game where the objective is to make contact with the ball with your FOOT and nothing else (except, of course, for the Goalkeeper).

Can't help but feel that this thread is Off-Topic, so brace yourselves for the move. (Foxhound inbound).
    mistahowl1717171
    German speaking countries (Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Lichtensteing) call it Fussball

Forrest-Gump____ wrote:

FA Cup final time!!!!

I'm a lifelong Gooner so I should hate Stoke, but I have a grudging admiration for them and their giant killing abilities...

First FA Cup final in a hundred+ and odd years and they are finally there...

GOOD LUCK Stoke, I hope you bring home the Silverware...

PS

I live in Staffordshire now, 20 mins from Stoke and I love it around here. The people are great...

plasmaflame wrote:

the_joker1 wrote:

KevinSna wrote:

Depends on where you reside. In Australia and America it's 'Soccer', in all of Europe, it's 'Football'.

It's also a personal preference. I call it Football, because it's the only game where the objective is to make contact with the ball with your FOOT and nothing else (except, of course, for the Goalkeeper).

Can't help but feel that this thread is Off-Topic, so brace yourselves for the move. (Foxhound inbound).

It would be great if you could shoot someones head of in BLOPs, and kick it around like a football indeed in which Stoke and
    Man City will be doing this afternoon............

There...no longer off topic rofl
    forrest-gump____
    Im Chelsea through and through, but i spend 3 months a year in Stoke....great place

lol at bring it on topic 
    craig1985
    MIGHTY GLASGOW RANGERS FAN here but I will be praying stoke beat sh***y city today, hope you get stuck right intae them and pump the mega rich ***** 3-0!!!!

plasmaflame wrote:

the_joker1 wrote:

KevinSna wrote:

The whole world bar a couple of places call it Football, Soccer is just what the cheeky Americans have named it since they hijacked the proper name for their version of rugby/football...

Aussies call it Aus rules Football if I'm not mistaken NOT Aus rules Soccer?
    llewellyn237

Forrest-Gump____ wrote:

Im Chelsea through and through, but i spend 3 months a year in Stoke....great place

lol at bring it on topic 

I put myself through so much misery by supporting Middlesbrough lol
    Death8u4u

Mistah Owl1717171 wrote:

German speaking countries (Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Lichtensteing) call it Fussball

It's called "People watching other people exercise" in many smartass cities in the world.  
    Amen-Warrior
    Liverpool fan here and someone who doesn't care for the way Stoke play, they certainly don't like to play actually. I've lost count how many times they have hoofed it so far. BUT, I would still prefer them to win over Citeh.

WE invented football so it should be called FOOTBALL all over the world, end of chat  

Oh and congratulations Man Utd 
    Splice12345

MancBloke wrote:

Come on Stoke!!!!

Top my day off for me, Utd winning the league and City getting beat in the final - Quality.

I hate Manchester City with a passion. WITH A PASSION. I love Manchester United. Would of been a much better final if United were involved
    -.-

GO STOKE!
    method2k9

MancBloke wrote:

Come on Stoke!!!!

what a day that would be  

Sitting on top of the perch    
    absolute_legend

Splice12345 wrote:

MancBloke wrote:

Come on Stoke!!!!

I hate Manchester City with a passion. WITH A PASSION. I love Manchester United. Would of been a much better final if United were involved
    -.-

GO STOKE!

yeah but they are in the final with barcelona on the 28th, that will be epic!
    Snipingdbag
    The only cool and funny trolling person in soccer is Mario Balotelli, the rest is boring and dull whining diving fu-cks. Also it’s quite clear that the best teams play in Spain. I think Man utd have as enough chance to beat Barcelona as we have psn coming back up today, coming from a man who never follows anything of it as it is very dull, I don’t understand why it is so popular worldwide but you can just see that the Spanish clubs have better technique, control the ball better and dribble better. Then again Balotelli plays in England I think. So I would have to give it to Man Utd anyway.

What is stoke btw, Some kind of stroke? I’m kidding but I do find it dull to watch, kicking a ball and playing the sport does have his appeal as is it does require quite some skill and condition.
    GoM-VIPERMAN1

Jus_call_me_J wrote:

Forrest-Gump____ wrote:

FA Cup final time!!!!

I'm a lifelong Gooner so I should hate Stoke, but I have a grudging admiration for them and their giant killing abilities...

PS

I live in Staffordshire now, 20 mins from Stoke and I love it around here. The people are great...

Im a gooner, but dont understamd why you would hate stoke because of it?
    Just switched on and city have one, personally i dont like teams who buy silverwear... But dont hate city as much as chelsea.

GoM-VIPERMAN1 wrote:

Jus_call_me_J wrote:

Forrest-Gump____ wrote:

FA Cup final time!!!!

PS

Im a gooner, but dont understamd why you would hate stoke because of it?

Well they have a terrible habit of beating us...

Just switched on and city have one, personally i dont like teams who buy silverwear... But dont hate city as much as chelsea.

Totally agree there...

Chelsea, Man U, Man City............. all buy their trophies...
    MancBloke

Jus_call_me_J wrote:

Totally agree there...

Remind me how much Man U have spent compared to that of Chelsea and Man City.

Man Utd haven't had the money to buy trophies for a few years now.
    hopwas2010

Jus_call_me_J wrote:

Ohhh Whereabouts are you then?
    billuminati

The only cool and funny trolling person in soccer is Mario Balotelli, the rest is boring and dull whining diving fu-cks. Also it’s quite clear that the best teams play in Spain. I think Man utd have as enough chance to beat Barcelona as we have psn coming back up today, coming from a man who never follows anything of it as it is very dull, I don’t understand why it is so popular worldwide but you can just see that the Spanish clubs have better technique, control the ball better and dribble better. Then again Balotelli plays in England I think. So I would have to give it to Man Utd anyway.

What is stoke btw, Some kind of stroke? I’m kidding but I do find it dull to watch, kicking a ball and playing the sport does have his appeal as is it does require quite some skill and condition.

The best team plays in Spain, yes. Teams? No. The best league currently in the world is the English Premier League, over the past 10 years England has dominated the European scene. Spain has 2 two teams, Real Madrid and Barcelona, only these two are capable of winning La Liga, the other teams never come close, atleast not recently. England has many competitive teams within the top division, which not only fight for the title but have delivered on the European stage also. Spanish teams may play a more stylistic way of Football, however that doesn't make it more efficient.

As for the final, i think Man United have a great chance and i'm sure the greatest manager ever Sir Alex Ferguson will conujure up a plan to deal with the greatest player ever, Lionel Messi. However Barcelona have 9/11 Spanish National team playing for them and that may prove to be too much for any club team to deal with. Inesta and Xavi can pull the strings like no others(Maybe Scholes) and along with Messi they will be key to Barcelona.

Anyway Well done Man City, dull game but well deserved in the end. Yaya Toure has bin a great addition to the League.
    it was aboring final,the better team won IMO ,stoke do not play attractive football but its quite effective in the premiership at times,in response to teams spending to win trophies,i think the bigger question should be how can lower league teams get pushed into administration by the football league over lets say a 7 million debt ,yet man utd and others can rack up debts of 300,400,500 million and its all good ,football is ruined by money,the FA elite make me sick(double standards)
    absolute_legend
    i wish it was possible to support united and city i like them both ...not really aloud tho is it
    billuminati

Remind me how much Man U have spent compared to that of Chelsea and Man City.

Man Utd haven't had the money to buy trophies for a few years now.

That's not to say they haven't invested in previous years. Look at how much debt they're in..

Regardless all the big teams currently are in debt or spend big. Look at Madrid and Barcelona, huge spending power and huge debt. The only 'big' team that doesn't spend is Arsenal. That however has proven to be their downfall in recent years. Key players have not bin replaced when the chances have bin there.

Teams that spend big shouldn't be criticized thought, it's so common now and all teams MUST pay big to get big players.

There are a few bargains out there but few and far between. Chicharito is one of the top of my head, Faberagas was only 500k, Van Der Vaart was a bargain, not a gem though.
    bewleyberry
    The only good thing about today's game was Mario Balotelli's interview with ITV at the end lolll
    MancBloke

bewleyberry wrote:

The only good thing about today's game was Mario Balotelli's interview with ITV at the end lolll

2 City fans swore on camera, I bet the FA don't issue bans to them like they did to Rooney.
    Yerraglaikitweenyaff
    Rooney tattooed his iq on his chest.
    Wess-L
    probalby the most boring FA cup ever=.=
    vanbasten_
    Yes one of the worst FA Cup finals of all time. Not only a hoof-fest of a game, but it ends with Man City buying a trophy.
    vanbasten_

Jus_call_me_J wrote:

Totally agree there...

Man Utd dont 'buy' their trophies. Anyone who says that is quite clearly clueless.
    Ig0tP0INTZt0MAKE
    I had 3 different bets........lost them all !!!!
    absolute_legend

Ig0tP0INTZt0MAKE wrote:

I had 3 different bets........lost them all !!!!

ha i won a treble loadsaaa money lol!!
    darksabreman

vanbasten_ wrote:

Jus_call_me_J wrote:

Totally agree there...

Man Utd dont 'buy' their trophies. Anyone who says that is quite clearly clueless.

Pallester- British transfer record
    Keane- british transfer record
    A Cole- British transfer record
    Nistlerooy-British transfer record
    Barthez-British transfer record for goalkeeper
    Veron- British transfer record
    Ferdinand- British transfer record
    Rooney-World record for teenager

ManUre been buying the title for 20 years so get your facts right you 'clueless' mug.
    vanbasten_

darksabreman wrote:

vanbasten_ wrote:

Jus_call_me_J wrote:

Totally agree there...

ManUre been buying the title for 20 years so get your facts right you 'clueless' mug.

Oh dear. Manchester United aquire money because they have been successful. These players were not bought because they had an Arab giving them £500m to spend, it was becaus they were one of the biggest clubs in the world who had big gates and won trophies.

For most clubs, success brings money.
    For Man City and Chelsea, money brings success.

That is the difference.

darksabreman wrote:

vanbasten_ wrote:

Jus_call_me_J wrote:

Totally agree there...

What ^ he said...

OK Chelsea are probably more guilty but Man U are huge spenders and that's why they are in huge debt...
    Most money = Most trophies.

Its like that in every sport where you can buy players.
    vanbasten_

Jus_call_me_J wrote:

darksabreman wrote:

vanbasten_ wrote:

What ^ he said...

OK Chelsea are probably more guilty but Man U are huge spenders and that's why they are in huge debt...

Why do people like you comment when you obviously don't know what yo're talking about? Man Utd's debt has absolutely zero to do with any prior player purchases.