41 Replies Latest reply: May 20, 2011 6:39 PM by Cover-fireFRY RSS

Second chance?!??!

i really don't understand why people troll people with second chance its a perk just like all the others(i have never used this perk before) i just want to know why people call it unfair and noobish. can someone explain?
  • Re: Second chance?!??!
    TSBdudeHND
    Sure, it's not like the other, you are about to kill the guy with Second Chance Pro, and he/she put's his pistol before die and you are dead, sometimes you confuse it with dead bodies you pass over him and he knifes you and you're dead; And he/she can glitch with that perk.

Answered you question?

~Bdude
    skmace14
    for the most part, it's a somewhat broken perk wherin there is a fraction of a second of invincibility as the player falls to the ground.

also, let's say you engage an enemy who uses second chance in a one on one gun fight. you use the exact same guns, but you start shooting a fraction of a second earlier then him, putting him into second chance. However, while he is falling into second chance, the bullets he shot at you prior to him falling into second chance but before registering as a hit to you now register hitting you as he is falling to the ground (when they otherwise wouldn't if he didn't have SC) therefore killing you when you obviously won the gunfight. just an example.

hope this helps to explain our quarrels with second chance
    thanks both of you 
    andodel
    SC is not "OP". I've attempted to use it, with little success. By the time I'm capable of firing at them, they are already aimed at me and firing. I usually get 1 shot off. The only times I ever get kills are when people are totally oblivious and do nothing about me. I really don't see how anybody could not see me their.
    Essentially, if you can't take a guy out who has 1hp and a pistol, than you are definitely not as good at this game as you think.
    skmace14

andodel wrote:

SC is not "OP". I've attempted to use it, with little success. By the time I'm capable of firing at them, they are already aimed at me and firing. I usually get 1 shot off. The only times I ever get kills are when people are totally oblivious and do nothing about me. I really don't see how anybody could not see me their.
    Essentially, if you can't take a guy out who has 1hp and a pistol, than you are definitely not as good at this game as you think.

refer to my previous comment. It's not the perk itself that is irksome, it's the fact that it is broken in those ways

just sayin 
    Way overused in TDM
    TSBdudeHND
    Like I said, some people confuse Second Chancers with dead bodies and that's how they get the kill.
    skmace14

TSBdudeHND wrote:

Like I said, some people confuse Second Chancers with dead bodies and that's how they get the kill.

then those people are blind... dead bodies lay face down (mostly) and SC'ers are sitting halfway up with an outstretched arm holding a ray gun........erm I mean. uhh.... pistol! yeah that's right, pistol 
    andodel

TSBdudeHND wrote:

You'd have to be pretty oblivious to not tell they are alive. No offense if you've done this before.
    ender.wiggin

~Ghost~X wrote:

i really don't understand why people troll people with second chance its a perk just like all the others(i have never used this perk before) i just want to know why people call it unfair and noobish. can someone explain?

Because non-users get dropped when they come up against a 2nd chance user.  They gripe and moan because they use some other perk to avoid getting killed.  it silly! 

It be like me getting mad cause some hacker avoided my claymore and killed me.  its part of the game!
    TSBdudeHND

andodel wrote:

TSBdudeHND wrote:

You'd have to be pretty oblivious to not tell they are alive. No offense if you've done this before.

It happened to me once, but it's quite obvious some people confuse, I've saw a lot of people running through SC'ers (Thinking they're dead bodies) and they got killed.
    Why do so many people use SC in free for all?  Nobody is going to revive you so your a dead man anyways, and the time spent crawling around with a pistol you could respawn and use your primary.  I played 2 FFA matches today that almost everyone was crawling around, sucks cuz I don't get any points for finishing them off unless I dropped them.

SC at least makes sense on objective based games.
    TSBdudeHND

Cover-fire FRY wrote:

Why do so many people use SC in free for all?  Nobody is going to revive you so your a dead man anyways, and the time spent crawling around with a pistol you could respawn and use your primary.  I played 2 FFA matches today that almost everyone was crawling around, sucks cuz I don't get any points for finishing them off unless I dropped them.

Lol, I don't know if SC makes sense on objective based games, E.g: A teammate is on the middle of the Bomb A, where enemy spawn is close, you going to revive him? Or let him die? Or, you can eat cookies w/milk with your other teammates while the SC'er is getting raped?

TSBdudeHND wrote:

Cover-fire FRY wrote:

Lol, I don't know if SC makes sense on objective based games, E.g: A teammate is on the middle of the Bomb A, where enemy spawn is close, you going to revive him? Or let him die? Or, you can eat cookies w/milk with your other teammates while the SC'er is getting raped?

E.g: Headquarters, you can still hold/capture the HQ in SC, CTF you still have the flag when down, you can plant/defuse the bomb in demolition.

But I don't use SC, on TDM I'll even teabag my downed teamamtes while they watch, then leave'em to die.  On objectives I'll consider reviving them if its safe.
    TSBdudeHND
    Still how will you be sure if it's safe? Enemy is waiting to someone come and try to revive your downed teammate then, both of you will die.

TSBdudeHND wrote:

Still how will you be sure if it's safe? Enemy is waiting to someone come and try to revive your downed teammate then, both of you will die.

it's safe enough if another teammate watches our backs, or if the SC'er gets out of the line of fire/to my position.

It's never gonna be %100 safe to revive someone, but its not safe to get the flag or plant the bomb, but that's how you win.  You gotta take calculated risks, if the SC'er is helping score points why wouldn't you help them.  Even if nobody revives him SC is still useful for completing objectives, a guy in SC defusing the bomb is better than it exploding.
    TSBdudeHND
    Not enough SC'ers are smart, and they probably want to save their asses instead of capturing the HQ, or taking the flag.

TSBdudeHND wrote:

Not enough SC'ers are smart, and they probably want to save their asses instead of capturing the HQ, or taking the flag.

Now you're just generalizing people based on what perks they use.  SC can be a smart choice for objectives, if the person isn't a famas toting dipstick.  Using SC to get a cheap kill in a gametype where kills don't win the game is idiotic, and I agree that too many people are idiots.
    General Lee Miss
    STOP making excuses all of you.  If you hit your target with a lethal shot he wouldn't go into Second Chance, he'd be dead.  I'm not saying that I do make all lethal shots all the time, because I certainly don't, I'm just saying it comes down to where you hit the target.  Did you ever see your opponent get to use Second Chance when you get a "headshot"?  NO!  Because they're already dead.  2 quick shots to the chest will do the same.  Stop complaining and making excuses and put your efforts into something better.
    Citruslime
    Well, in second chance players do get a split second of invulnerability, but they can't shoot or knife during that time so unless you're reloading it shouldn't be a problem.

Anyways, second chance pro is useful for finishing off enemies, but you can't expect to get revived. Sometimes, you can just sneak away and shoot people from a hidden place while in second chance. It's also rather useful against oblivious enemies that can't comprehend that there's blood going all over their screen and that a lying on the ground is seemingly raising his hand in a nazi salute over again and again.
    xXMotherRussiaXx
    Well as someone said, using second chance on free for all is plain ridiculous :P

On the other hand, SC isnt noobish. Problem is, most of ppl when downing a second chancer they shoot all their bullets, then when you need to reload to finish the downed guy, in that specific time the downed guy can kill u. Solution? Dont fire all your bullets you idiot!!! 

Or get a headshot. 
    andodel

General Lee Miss wrote:

STOP making excuses all of you.  If you hit your target with a lethal shot he wouldn't go into Second Chance, he'd be dead.  I'm not saying that I do make all lethal shots all the time, because I certainly don't, I'm just saying it comes down to where you hit the target.  Did you ever see your opponent get to use Second Chance when you get a "headshot"?  NO!  Because they're already dead.  2 quick shots to the chest will do the same.  Stop complaining and making excuses and put your efforts into something better.

One thing I love about SC is when you get this noob who immediately empty's his whole clip into you while in SC, and doesn't kill. Then, I shoot him 3 times and he's dead.
    Perhaps if people were less oblivious and got better aim, then SC would not be a problem.
    i betrayed xbox
    Aren't all the tier 3 perks "nooby" if you think about it? :shock: Ninja pro lets you HEAR where people are coming from, tactical mask makes tactical grenades useless, marathon lets you run forever which can be cheap on CTF, hacker lets you avoid enemy equipment and take it over, and second chance gives you a second chance at keeping your killstreaks going.

You guys need to stop ******** because technically we're all "noobs".
    Most of all is just becouse is broke

he can still knife when going to second chance so when you win a battle with your gun at close range he is deadly and invinsible and the glitch with the bullets that he shoots with his primary still go even do he is on second chance but i killed people using marathon when i am already dead (with my primary gun) and i dont think he was on second chance or maybe he was...
    Larcenist_33
    Something I didn't see mentioned in here that happens a lot is that when they are dropping into second chance they can somehow still kill you with their primary weapon. Now how often is it that someone that you kill without sc also kills you? It takes the same amount of bullets to drop someone into sc as it does to kill another. I never get killed by someone that I kill that does not have sc unless it's a claymore or explosive device of some kind. It happens way too often and I don't think it's meant to be that way. If they drop to sc and kill me with their pistol or knife more power to them other than if it's an invincible dropping to sc knife.

General Lee Miss wrote:

What about when you snipe a guy in the chest and he gets revived? So now hitting someone in the chest with a sniper is a bad shot? Dude you're crazy.
    porkins:d
    It's just cuz second chance pro they can get revived and they chill there a while bad when your sniping, long range, or shoot through a wall, but what really gets me is why do your teammates in second chance shoot at you to get your attention it's impossible to not notice them and they're asking for both of you to get killed 
    skmace14

Larcenist_33 wrote:

Something I didn't see mentioned in here that happens a lot is that when they are dropping into second chance they can somehow still kill you with their primary weapon. Now how often is it that someone that you kill without sc also kills you? It takes the same amount of bullets to drop someone into sc as it does to kill another. I never get killed by someone that I kill that does not have sc unless it's a claymore or explosive device of some kind. It happens way too often and I don't think it's meant to be that way. If they drop to sc and kill me with their pistol or knife more power to them other than if it's an invincible dropping to sc knife.

I explain why that happens in the very first post of this thread. or was it the second post? anyways, hope that is a good enough explanation 
    skmace14

JMurr11 wrote:

General Lee Miss wrote:

What about when you snipe a guy in the chest and he gets revived? So now hitting someone in the chest with a sniper is a bad shot? Dude you're crazy.

dude, it's not that hard to shoot a guy in second chance with a sniper. even if it's a bolt action rifle, you can reload while you're still scoped in and just hit him on the return from the recoil. simple as that, just sayin
    Larcenist_33

skmace14 wrote:

Larcenist_33 wrote:

I explain why that happens in the very first post of this thread. or was it the second post? anyways, hope that is a good enough explanation 

Ok sorry that I missed your post. I read through the entire topic, but I did it quickly and must have missed exactly what you were trying to say there. So yes, it makes sense, but it does not make the problem any better.  So either it should register bullets fired at you by someone without sc before they die or it shouldn't do that at all. You see people shooting bullets at you prior to dying all the time, but they do not kill you. That is where the balance issue is. I'm all for having second chance, just not in that way. According to your post I believe that we both agree on this.
    =GREY WOLF=
    I was entering a compound and was hit, my buddy's pulled me out. Get your shot right, no problem! I've stabed then 2 head shots= 3kill in SC  
    derf8966

skmace14 wrote:

JMurr11 wrote:

General Lee Miss wrote:

dude, it's not that hard to shoot a guy in second chance with a sniper. even if it's a bolt action rifle, you can reload while you're still scoped in and just hit him on the return from the recoil. simple as that, just sayin

let me tell you my story.. S&D on jungle im on the Rock by spawn and the other sniper is at the other spawn we start spawn sniping each other... i hit him in the CHEST! and he falls into SC behind a Bolder and his friend revives him, he pops ups again and the same thing happens, we actually end up doing this two more times... the final time i hit him and he falls into SC one of his teammates comes from behind me and i get knifed in the back...

i raged quited after that and since that day i refuse to use or revive anyone that has lost a gun fight and is on their back waiting to be revived...
    Can anyone tell me why your teammate in second chance shoots at you to get your attention even though there is a huge red dot on your mini map and a thing that says revive on the main screen          
    skmace14

Larcenist_33 wrote:

skmace14 wrote:

Larcenist_33 wrote:

Ok sorry that I missed your post. I read through the entire topic, but I did it quickly and must have missed exactly what you were trying to say there. So yes, it makes sense, but it does not make the problem any better.  So either it should register bullets fired at you by someone without sc before they die or it shouldn't do that at all. You see people shooting bullets at you prior to dying all the time, but they do not kill you. That is where the balance issue is. I'm all for having second chance, just not in that way. According to your post I believe that we both agree on this.

yeah, you're right, it shouldn't happen at all. If it were supposed to happen, we would have people killing eachother in one on one fights all the time. That's why it's broken, it allows the SC'er to get more bullets to the person they are firing at.
    skmace14

derf8966 wrote:

let me tell you my story.. S&D on jungle im on the Rock by spawn and the other sniper is at the other spawn we start spawn sniping each other... i hit him in the CHEST! and he falls into SC behind a Bolder and his friend revives him, he pops ups again and the same thing happens, we actually end up doing this two more times... the final time i hit him and he falls into SC one of his teammates comes from behind me and i get knifed in the back...

i raged quited after that and since that day i refuse to use or revive anyone that has lost a gun fight and is on their back waiting to be revived...

well that's just too bad. maybe try to get headshots on that guy?     

Porkins wrote:

Can anyone tell me why your teammate in second chance shoots at you to get your attention even though there is a huge red dot on your mini map and a thing that says revive on the main screen          

lol Shoot back. 

EDIT: In hardcore you can knife your teamates in SC and it doesn't count as teamkilling.  To bad you don't have the opportunity to "mercy kill" teamamtes in core... 
    RockRunner
    Heres my opinion on Second Chance and if you dont like it then just dont read it.
    Second chance is just to give people the ability to kill the other player after they failed to kill the other player with the Famas. So in other words its like this
    Second Chance: "I spray my Famas and can't kill him"
    QS Sniper : "I killed him with my L96... Oh **** hes in SC"
    Second Chance: "Haha dumb sniper didn't know I had second chance"
    QS Sniper : "AHH... Fuc|{in SC"

And there it is, Second Chance is for people who cant kill people with there primary gun so when the other player drops them in Second Chance he reloads cause he thought he killed the Second Chance kid, and thats when the Second Chance starts spraying his pistol......

Cover-fire FRY wrote:

Porkins wrote:

lol Shoot back. 

EDIT: In hardcore you can knife your teamates in SC and it doesn't count as teamkilling.  To bad you don't have the opportunity to "mercy kill" teamamtes in core... 

when i do play hardcore i do that    but i rarely play hardcore
    asystole
    I thought this died a long time ago. "Broken"? Seriously, the whole split second of invincibility again?  Big deal. It's a perk like all others, and it's only considered "Noob" by children.

The poor sniper, I feel for you. You might actually have a kill or two that you might have to work for.
    Plnkhero
    it would settle both problems if second chance let you continue your kill streaks WITH ONE LESS KILL THEN OU WERE AT after you die and respawn instead of falling into a mode with just your pistol.  the pro version to this new perk should let you pull out a special pistol that does 3-5 damage has 3 bullets you can be revived and lol atempt to kill the other person but they will get kill points when you are downed you will be able to be revived but you will start your kill streaks were you left off instead of one less. and if your not revived you just start off like you would without pro. o and to make this untricky after your given kill points for downing him a voice will say FINISH HIM!
      Or how about if they get revived they lose their primary and can only use pistols.  Plus I think one SC per life is fair, because someone can go in SC, get revived, go back into SC, get revived again, go back into SC, its more like fifth chance.