25 Replies Latest reply: May 22, 2011 1:11 PM by shankwithme RSS

Does prestige = truskill? PLEASE READ

TrashTalkGuru
Right now I am 15th prestige on Black Ops but every game I go into on my own I get paired up with the BIGGEST tryhards who noob-tube and everything. I am THIS close to not entering prestige in the next installment but I need to ask something; is it really true that if you don't prestige you get more casual players? Every time I group up with my regular crew, which is composed of lower prestigers, we do tend to get less hardcore players. What do you guys know/think on this subject? 
  • Re: Does prestige = truskill? PLEASE READ
    ukscorpz
    I think you are just getting unlucky mate.

My girlfriend has only just started playing and is a genuine level 12 or something and she keeps being put in games full of 15th 50's!

I swear when I never see that many when I play on my GT!
    I remember Vahn basically saying "prestige does not equal skill".
    So no, I don't think so.
    It's just being lucky/unlucky.
    I've seen one to two non-prestiges in a lobby with all players 7th+.
    I've also been a 12th in a match where nobody else was prestiged.
    trialstardragon
    In one word... NO..

prestige does not equate to skill.. for anyone can rank up and prestige and reach the last prestige if they play long enough.

I have been in matches where I was the only one prestiged.. and I had matches when I first started where I was only 0 prestige but being placed against 5th prestige or higher in every match.

This game does not use the ms trueskill rating system like Halo tried to use.
    FrenchNavy123

TrashTalkGuru wrote:

Right now I am 15th prestige on Black Ops but every game I go into on my own I get paired up with the BIGGEST tryhards who noob-tube and everything. I am THIS close to not entering prestige in the next installment but I need to ask something; is it really true that if you don't prestige you get more casual players? Every time I group up with my regular crew, which is composed of lower prestigers, we do tend to get less hardcore players. What do you guys know/think on this subject? 

No it's just for gaming nerds to have a little symbol.

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY9jyeNZGdI&feature=channel_video_title
    A Ninjakitty

FrenchNavy123 wrote:

TrashTalkGuru wrote:

Even nerds can make the French Navy surrender.
    FrenchNavy123

A Ninjakitty wrote:

FrenchNavy123 wrote:

TrashTalkGuru wrote:

Even nerds can make the French Navy surrender.

Lol it's the name of a song I was listening to at the time I made my handle. It's by Camera Obscura.

But anyways, the French Navy did play a huge part in America's independence...
    Prestige does not equate to skill.
    I'm level 50 non prestige.
    It only means they've played the game longer then I have. Doesn't make them better.
    TrizzleJizzle
    why would you want to be paired against easier players all the time? How are you suppose to get better at the game? A good mix of easy games for comic relief and hard games to get better skills.
    KTPhoenix
    prestige does not equal skill. all prestige tells people is how much people play this game.

not prestiging just means either you dont play that often or you just dont feel like repeating the same thing over and over again.

i always prestige. the only reason is because i go all the way with leveling. if i see that i am not the highest lvl and prestige, then it bugs the hell out of me. i dont do it cuz i think it lets people know how skilled i am or for the high rank/emblem. i do it because i dont want to feel like i left it unfinished.

prestiging is not for everyone. if you dont want to do it then dont do it. us casual gamers and those who just dont give a sh*t wont give you a hard time about it.

as for the question, there is no rank parring system when it comes to playing with other people. the closest this game has gotten to that is creating the Prestige playlist. sorry to say that you are just going to have to deal with the system how it is.
    KTPhoenix
    @ trizzle

why would you want to be paired against easier players all the time? How are you suppose to get better at the game? A good mix of easy games for comic relief and hard games to get better skills.

what makes you think casual gamers are easy players? just because they dont play in a competitive setting?

i bet you that most casual gamers can kick your ass. just because we are casual and dont like a competitive setting doesnt mean we dont know our way around the game and are not good enough to get above 15 kills every game.
    highlandsparky
    I would agree with the other replies, so it's a no. Prestige is just a symbol, anyone can do it. Sometimes your up against really skilled players and sometimes not so skilled. It's pretty random, at least that's what I find. I'm not very good but I quite like playing the better players, Its  also quite good to check out their games on theatre to see what their doing right and your doing wrong.
    Black_Knight_7
    true skill would be a player with an over 2 k/d and over 1.5 w/l

whose top guns are single shots, snipers and difficult smg's (pm63, uzi)

if i ever saw a person do completely epic with an uzi i'd respect him
    CamperandProud
    I'm now 9th prestige, and it's only because of the sheer number of hours I put in to the game.  I'm no great shakes, I don't pretend to be, and I don't really care that I'm a pretty average gamer.  I play to have fun.  Like doing the challenges to unlock Hacker Pro and Ghost Pro all over again.
    sweatyclam

Black_Knight_7 wrote:

All that shows is they have a good Blk Op's connection, nothing more.

Stat's are meaningless in a game so heavily dependant on connection....
    zendospellz
    i love cod playd all and prestiged all (well 9th 70 :L) and ima7th 47 atm on blops and im going to 14th 50 and stickin

buttttt as for prestige or skill i think yes and no because you have to play LOADS to pestigue to the final marking the final one 10 th or 15 th or whatever but you go into the first game of blops negitive unless you have pure tallent and as you play you improve so the (skill) is increesed how much you play and since you prestige all the time you play lots so more skill you have but as for the lvl 50 0 prestige they can be good too because it depends on how long and how much you play but anyways what ever lol bt add meh on XBL meh GT:      Zendo Ninja
    yates435
    People that go all the way(10th/15th prestige) tend to be better then those that dont.
    It's generally true that a 15th prestige has some form of skill. Someone who puts that much time in to the game usually picks up a few things that sets them apart from the casual player. Now, is that always true? Of course not.

I've came across non-prestige players who handed me my ass. I've came across 15th prestige players that are always at the bottom of the list.

Does prestige = skill? I'm 9th prestige and I consider myself mediocre at best, so from personal experience, I can tell you that prestige means nothing most of the time.
    TruStory305
    I have a 15th 50 account, and I now have a 1st 50 account. I see no difference in the people you get paired up with.
    ghosthound
    Reaching 15th prestige does not make you a good player, merely an experienced one.
    supaghost99
    people should prestige 1 time at LEAST, imo. nothing sadder then a lvl 50 non prestige, words cannot describe it. least do it once! you get an extra class too!
    TruStory305

supaghost99 wrote:

people should prestige 1 time at LEAST, imo. nothing sadder then a lvl 50 non prestige, words cannot describe it. least do it once! you get an extra class too!

Should?! Why should?! Sad?! Why is it sad?!
    KTPhoenix

Black_Knight_7 wrote:

no. all high stats mean is A) how much people camp and B) how much people dashboard.
    I don't camp, I don't dashboard.  My kid is 1.65 with 100000 kills.  Prestige does not equal skill.  I see 15th p. with .76 kd.
    R4ZOR            94 PL
    It mostly doesnt affect it, but take notice that you almost never see >lvl 30 players, they have to be somewhere, right? Well, those players are put in separate lobbies and you can get there for a lot of fun    Just find some nice noob, add him to your friendlist and join his game...you will be put into super noob lobby   
    shankwithme
    No, Prestige doesn't show skill, it shows how much time you've put into the game. A seven year old could reach the highest level, given enough time and patience. And at the OP Your gamer zone plays a part in who you get paired up with.