12 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2011 8:07 PM by DudeSean RSS

Second Disc

DudeSean
Okay, what do you guys think of the idea of a second disc for the Wii that contains all the maps that the other systems got or will get as DLC as well as Five?
  • Re: Second Disc
    I'd love that! But the odds of that happening are small!
    Da Guy
    Either

A) It wouldn't work

or (most likely)

B) Activi$ion wouldn't spend the money to use an extra disc.
    DudeSean

Da Guy wrote:

Either

A) It wouldn't work

or (most likely)

A - Why wouldn't it work?
    B - They've spent the money to have every other disc they've released. Why would this time be any different?
    Da Guy

DudeSean wrote:

Da Guy wrote:

Either

A) It wouldn't work

or (most likely)

B - They've spent the money to have every other disc they've released. Why would this time be any different?

A- I don't know.
    B- Trust me, Activi$ion would much rather make that money than spend it.
    DudeSean
    How would they make the money without making the product? Besides, this is Activision-Blizzard we're talking about. They have Call of Duty and World of Warcraft. How the hell is money an issue for them?
    bitterbub

Da Guy wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

Da Guy wrote:

Either

A) It wouldn't work

or (most likely)

A- I don't know.

They'd make more money than you assume.  Not to mention just getting it to the players would be a pain.

Bitterbub wrote:

Da Guy wrote:

A- I don't know.

They'd make more money than you assume.  Not to mention just getting it to the players would be a pain.

They sold over a million copies of Black Ops. They are making a lot of money. Probably the richest cooperation out there.
    DudeSean
    Yeah, they would definitely make a profit if they did this.

DudeSean wrote:

Yeah, they would definitely make a profit if they did this.

If it's for a future game, it will be half the price. Black Ops is... well... might not happen.
    bitterbub

FMA Edward wrote:

Bitterbub wrote:

Da Guy wrote:

A- I don't know.

They sold over a million copies of Black Ops. They are making a lot of money. Probably the richest cooperation out there.

Although I won't lie, they sold quite a lot, but it wasn't quite a million.  My sources state it was over nine hundred thousand.  Pretty close though.  And, I doubt they're the richest, if anything I'd say Sony.  As much as I hate them, doesn't mean they aren't bloody rich.

My reasons? Well, I've done some research and from what I've found, my sources state that just by 2009 Sony had lost 890 million on the PS3 specifically.  So if they've lost that much on their gaming, and continue to compete in the market, I just don't see any company with more money, not to mention how many other separate divisions from gaming, that make them millions, if not billions.
    If they did it would only be zombies maps, and they would have to make for every console. The problem is that if you want to play the zombies maps now, you would have to buy W@W and Black Ops and all they map packs. I would think that they make more money with out a second disk.
    DudeSean
    Nintendo has more money than Sony (the company that owns PlayStation).

Proof?
    http://digg.com/news/story/Nintendo_officially_worth_more_than_Sony

What's that? It's old news? Let's see, Nintendo has been very successful since 2007 and Sony hasn't been doing as well. Especially not with PSN going down recently.