1 2 3 Previous Next 60 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2011 5:00 PM by Trout 19 RSS

Camper Cry Babies

Fr05ty666
This is a post to all the people who whine and cry to mommy about so called camping.Last time i checked this game was not Unreal Tournament or Quake.There are no power ups to be collected.Running around like a headless chicken firing off bullets in all directions only draws attention to yourself.Also running into rooms without checking corners eventually also gets you killed.Apparently if you set yourself in nice tatical spot get a few kills then move on your a camping noob.Well i say its the people who whine about this who are the noobs.If someone just keeps running into a room i'm in without even bothering to check the corners then they deserve to get killed.Then off they go to respawn and run back to me seething with anger and desperate for revenge and just run in the exact same way they did first time!!!!At least try a different tatic!!I enjoy getting extended kill streaks from these sorts of players.

Then i get into the lobby after the game and i have these little kids calling me a F****** noob etc.You are the noob for letting me kill you over and over again without even making it hard for me by trying something different.All power to the 'campers'.You get easy kill streaks from all the headless chickens.
  • 1. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    Medic-554

Fr05ty666 wrote:

This is a post to all the people who whine and cry to mommy about so called camping.Last time i checked this game was not Unreal Tournament or Quake.There are no power ups to be collected.Running around like a headless chicken firing off bullets in all directions only draws attention to yourself.Also running into rooms without checking corners eventually also gets you killed.Apparently if you set yourself in nice tatical spot get a few kills then move on your a camping noob.Well i say its the people who whine about this who are the noobs.If someone just keeps running into a room i'm in without even bothering to check the corners then they deserve to get killed.Then off they go to respawn and run back to me seething with anger and desperate for revenge and just run in the exact same way they did first time!!!!At least try a different tatic!!I enjoy getting extended kill streaks from these sorts of players.

Then i get into the lobby after the game and i have these little kids calling me a F****** noob etc.You are the noob for letting me kill you over and over again without even making it hard for me by trying something different.All power to the 'campers'.You get easy kill streaks from all the headless chickens.

LOL well said!! how about just trying to use a little tactility. it doesnt take much to run and gun, clearly a 10 year old can do it!!
  • 2. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    thebiindsniper
    Camping is a legitimate strategy.  Just don't camp, when you could be helping me secure a position in Domination, or running a flag back after I dropped it.

~RUGGED SAVIOR
  • 3. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    And what happens if everyone sits in their own "nice tactical spot" ?

Pretty boring game ensues, thats what.
  • 4. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    CODYROB55

IRL_JamieG wrote:

They will get flash banged or concussioned, followed by me blowing their head off with a g11.  There are 235232362332405723045 ways to kill a camper.  If they truly are a camper and they kill you, then you should have no problem going right back to that spot for a free kill.  I don't hate on them although there is fine line of what camping actually is.  If you are on some long sight lines shooting across the map then I wouldn't call that camping because you are exposing yourself.  I may "slow down" my play if im close to getting my killstreaks (8-9-11), but I mostly try to go for objectives.
  • 5. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    bawi

IRL_JamieG wrote:

"What if?" justifies nothing.

Simple truth is, just like there'll always be campers, there'll always be Run & Gunners. And every other play style as well.

The only other truth is that if you die to someone else's play style, that's your own fault, not theirs.
  • 6. Re: Camper Cry Babies

Fr05ty666 wrote:

Headless chicken.... firing off bullets in all directions? You really mean the style of "run and gun" is that what you just explained?

I'd like you to imagine if all players in the lobby played like campers, how much fun would you really have?

In my eyes this game, Call of duty, is an action first person shooter and the word ACTION really is what i want. I do not want to sit in a room ADS to a direction or possibly two direction hoping some "headless chicken" would run by, that sounds something i would never put my money into.

I have the most fun in this game when im rushing, i do not run straight to the enemies sights, i flank them thanks to my speed (lightweight pro + marathon pro), but the fun ends every single time when i counter a player camping in a corner with all the cheap equipment and perks you can have in this game.

I do positive 99% times of my games, campers usually go negative, mostly badly negative with very few kills and maybe one or two low killstreak per game.
  • 7. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    Imho, Camping is the strategy employed by players who are essentially afraid to rack up too many Deaths and who prefer to get Kills from easy targets who become frustrated after being repeatedly killed by Campers (and return to the campsite recklessly.)  I tend to prefer a challenge, so I tend to Run and Gun most of the time.  To me it is less about my KDR than it is about enjoying the challenge offered by my opponents.  Killing Campers is not a challenge, so if I get camped I usually just go to another area of the map to hunt until the Camper gets bored.  The only Campers I actually deplore are the ones that killwhore on Objective Matches, because they make the Objective Mode virtually meaningless.
  • 8. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    noupperlobeman
    This thread is new and exciting.
  • 9. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    noupperlobeman

IRL_JamieG wrote:

There is already a game mode like that. Its called "hardcore".
1 2 3 Previous Next