1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 60 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2011 5:00 PM by Trout 19 Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    adw1983

Fr05ty666 wrote:

Meat Popsicle wrote:

In The Art of War by Sun Tzu, Sun Tzu advises "Move not unless you see an advantage" and "If it is to your advantage, make a forward move; if it is not, stay where you are."

Really that is all it comes down to - each player should do whatever gives them an advantage. If a player sees something to be gained by staying put, they should do that. If they see an advantage by rushing, they should do that. It really is that simple.

To adapt and adjust your tactics based on the situation, your personal skills, and your class setup makes sense; changing what you do because your enemy doesn't like it makes no sense. Using one style 100% of the time for every situation, whether it's "camping" or "run-and-gunning", is foolish. Do whatever gives you an advantage at that particular moment.

best post i have seen on here in a long time!!!

What does Sun Tzu have to say on camping then?
    Notice that he sais that you move when you have an advantage to gain from moving.

Against campers, you do not have any advantages to gain from moving:
    The best strategy against campers is to camp even harder.
    (In real life, the best strategy as attackers with the same weaponary as the defenders is to be twice as many as the defenders -- but you don't score half the points when camping in team deathmatch, do you?)

Surely there can't be anything wrong about sitting behind a rock with a motion sensor in the outskirts of the map waiting for the camper to finally come to you?

That is what I loved about 1 vs 1.
    When HE camps, just camp and hide till the time runs out.
    Kill him if you see him, and relocate -- but continue to camp hard no matter how much he runs.
    When he ******* about you not moving, take a picture and hang it on the wall, and it will remind you that the world is filled with idiots with double-standards and no sense of fair play.

What is a conflict it called when there's no attackers?
    PEACE.
  • 21. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    Bieltan
    I imagine sun tzu would say "Dont be such a little b1tch and put a grenade in there" in his best Mr T impression.
  • 22. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    Darkstaar138
    The first rule of strategy is to pick your battles. 

I would describe playing against campers as a waste of a waste of time.

Also the idea of cry babies is inaccurate.  The current strategy it to provide mockery and degradation that you can pile next to your piles of meaningless kills and hollow victories.

You may win battles but the war is over how the game is played and you can only win that by convincing everyone to camp.
  • 23. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    ghosthound
    Win at all costs & by whatever means necessary. 
  • 24. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    bawi

Darkstaar138 wrote:

Also the idea of cry babies is inaccurate.  The current strategy it to provide mockery and degradation that you can pile next to your piles of meaningless kills and hollow victories.

You may win battles but the war is over how the game is played and you can only win that by convincing everyone to camp.

I'm pretty sure You, Meat Popsicle and Rugged Saviour our probably my favorite people on here right now.
  • 25. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    Angel_of_DeathVT

BAWI wrote:

Darkstaar138 wrote:

I'm pretty sure You, Meat Popsicle and Rugged Saviour our probably my favorite people on here right now.

i agree 
  • 26. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    nba23airjordan

Fr05ty666 wrote:

This is a post to all the people who whine and cry to mommy about so called camping.Last time i checked this game was not Unreal Tournament or Quake.There are no power ups to be collected.Running around like a headless chicken firing off bullets in all directions only draws attention to yourself.Also running into rooms without checking corners eventually also gets you killed.Apparently if you set yourself in nice tatical spot get a few kills then move on your a camping noob.Well i say its the people who whine about this who are the noobs.If someone just keeps running into a room i'm in without even bothering to check the corners then they deserve to get killed.Then off they go to respawn and run back to me seething with anger and desperate for revenge and just run in the exact same way they did first time!!!!At least try a different tatic!!I enjoy getting extended kill streaks from these sorts of players.

Then i get into the lobby after the game and i have these little kids calling me a F****** noob etc.You are the noob for letting me kill you over and over again without even making it hard for me by trying something different.All power to the 'campers'.You get easy kill streaks from all the headless chickens.

Excellent post.  here, here!!!!!!
  • 27. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    reallyocean
    Camping slows down the game, irritates people to no end, and is a cowardly way to play. It's basically easy mode for people who killwhore and and/or can't get a decent streak actually putting themselves into a legitimate gunfight.

Meanwhile, I rush and STILL do better than campers. You guys are embarrassing.
  • 28. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    DizzyMan124
    You know, it really wouldn't hurt to put some spaces after punctuation. Camping is a dumb way to play. How is it a stratagy?  You sit in a corner, aiming down your sights with your ghost pro, silenced FAMAS, and a motion sensor, and wait for some to walk in. That doesn't take skill. Thats why all these people have a good K/D, because they never move anywhere. Camping in say, Domination, doesn't help your team at all. You're the guy who always end the match with 5-0 cause you suck, and were obviously to scared to hurt your precious death ratio, that you didn't move.
  • 29. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    eckosaint
    Nothing against campers as I cam too, but why do most of you come on here only to diss the people who diss you? I LOVE campers. Also two wrongs do not make a right.

The only way to address people who are being haters to your playstyle is the art of "Ignore". IF they wanna whine and moan about how you play the game, let them. Who cares? I can not tell you how many times I have had a message come to me saying that I am a noobtubing *** when I killed him with his own Galil with a grenade launcher on it. I have been call a camping piece of crap and worse. I even got a message from a kid who got mad because I shot him with my HS10 at close range. His exact message was "You don't shoot your shotgun at close range, you knife you f*cking scrub piece of sh*t. F*cking noob." I replied with "I love you too" and killed him two more times.

Don't let others bother you.
1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next